The Players BestFriend

By ShaynaRWheeler

" I can't believe you cheated on me!" I yelled, causing more people to stare. "You should have seen it comi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Authors Note
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Go Follow My Twitter Account!
I need your help!!
Hey Guys!
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Chapter 10

19K 440 99
By ShaynaRWheeler

Sadly, the weekend went by so fast. Before I knew it, Monday arrived and facing Ezra and everyone else was the only thing on my mind. I'm gonna be asked tons of questions about the fight and I don't know if I'll have the answers. I haven't talked to Drake or Brooklyn since the party. I just wanted the weekend to myself.

"Breakfast is ready!" My father shouted so loud, the neighbors could hear him.

As I entered the kitchen, I could smell crisp bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast with grape jelly. I know what you're thinkin 'How does she know everything down to the jelly?' Well, when it comes to food, I can smell it a mile away. I'm like Niall when it comes to food. I'm obsessed with it.

"Smells amazing dad, but shouldn't you be at work?" I asked, grabbing my plate and sitting down at the kitchen table.

"I don't have to go in until two because they are installing new phone lines. They didn't need us getting in their way."

"Oh okay well, thanks for breakfast. It tastes so good." I moaned, my taste buds exploding with joy.

"You're welcome hunny. I'm going to be working late today, though. Since we're going in late, we all have to work seven extra hours."

"So you're not gonna be home till after one o' clock in the morning?"

"Nope so if you want to, you can stay the night at Brooklyn's. I don't want you staying at home alone."

"Dad, I'm seventeen. I can stay home without you being here." I said, rolling my eyes and putting my plate in the sink.

"I know. I just want you to feel safe."

"I'll be fine. I've gotta get to school before I'm late. Love you. See you tomorrow, I guess."

"Alright. Have a good day. Love you too."

My dad has always been very protective of me. When my mom passed away, it got ten times worse. As I was walking to my truck, my phone vibrated, indicating I had a new message.

From: My Boo! :p

'Hey are you still bringing me and Cody to school?'

'Of course. I'll be there in about ten minutes.'

On the drive there, I was singing my heart out and dancing to the radio. Mmm Yeah by Austin Mahone came on and I couldn't help but dance along to it. I got a few looks from other drivers, but I didn't care. They don't need to be worrying about what I'm doing. They need to be focused on driving.

When I pulled in their driveway, Cody was trying to pick up all of the papers that flew out of his binder. Brooklyn was just sitting on the step looking at her phone, not even paying attention to Cody.

"Brooklyn!! Cody's papers are flying everywhere and all you're doing is playing on your stupid phone. You should have helped him." I stated, helping Cody and glaring at Brooklyn.

"He shouldn't be so clumsy. It's not my fault he doesn't watch where he's going."

"You're the one that put your leg out in front of me and tripped me!" Cody exclaimed.

"Next time, watch your step." Brooklyn smirked, getting into the passenger side of my truck.

"Nope. Brooklyn, you're sitting in the back today. Cody gets to sit in the front."

"What!? Why? This is my seat!" She said, looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"You should have thought about that while you were bullying your brother."

Brooklyn glared at Cody, "Whatever. This isn't over Cody."

"Thanks Kylie and it hasn't even begun Brooklyn." Cody replied, sticking out his tongue at his annoyed sister.

The ride to school consisted of Brooklyn and Cody arguing the whole time. They didn't even notice when I ran a stop sign. These two really dislike each other. You can tell they're siblings. Brooklyn kept kicking the back of Cody's seat to piss him off. It worked. He hasn't said a word since we got to school.

"Hey Kylie I forgot to tell you, I gave Drake your number last night. He kept asking about you and I got tired of it. He'll probably text you today."

Great. Just what I wanted.

"Okay. I guess I need to talk to him anyway."

"Yeah, you really do. He got in a fight because of you. You really owe him a thank you."

Like always, she's right.

"I know. We better get to class. Mr. Jimmy will give us a huge lecture if we're late."

"Bye Cody. See you later." I smiled, waving as Cody walked off.

We got to class just as the bell rang. Mr. Jimmy gave us a look and then started calling out our names to see who was here and who was absent. When he got to me, someone knocked on the door. As he walked in, I couldn't speak. I looked over to Brooklyn and she was just as shocked as I was.

"Ah yes. Mr. Ezra. I was expecting you. Just take a seat. We are fixing to begin taking notes so make sure you have a pencil and some paper. If you don't, just ask a student for some."

I was praying he wouldn't sit beside me. Even though it was the only seat available, I was hoping he would shove some kid out of his chair so he could sit there, but much to my despair, he sat right beside me. Of course he would.

"Hi." Ezra smirked.

"I'm listening to the teacher. You should be doing the same." I stated, looking forward, trying to ignore the eyes of Ezra burning the side of my head.

"I need paper and a pencil."

"Here." I growled, handing him the supplies. "Next time, come to class prepared."

"Yes ma'am ." Ezra grinned.

I'm ready to get out if this dang class.

"Okay class. We will be doing a project for the next two weeks. You will have a partner. The project is to interview ten people of your choice about their opinions on marriage at a young age. As you all know, there is a lot of young adults around your age getting married. Once you have the interviews, write an essay explaining how you agree or disagree with their opinion. Your partner will be the person sitting to your....."

Please say left. Please say left....

"...Right. This means you will have to spend a lot of time together during school as well as after school to get the best results for your project. I expect everyone to get a long and behave yourselves. This will be twenty percent of your final grade." Mr. Jimmy instructed just as the bell rang.

Really, Mr. Jimmy? You just had to say right! No way in heck am I gonna be able to spend two weeks with Ezra. I cant even spend five minutes with him without yelling.

"So do you wanna go to my place or yours tonight?" I didn't even have to look at him to know he had a smirk on his face.

"I'm going to my house and you're going to your's." I said, walking towards my locker.

"You heard Mr. Jimmy, we have two weeks to work on this. We have a lot of work to do so if you want to keep that perfect grade of yours, we need to start working on it as soon as possible."

He's right. I need to keep my grade up if I want to go to college.

"My house, seven pm. Don't be late." I declared, slamming my locker door shut and heading to second period.

This is going to be one long night.

~*~

It's lunch time and Brooklyn and I are currently arguing about whether young marriage is a good or bad thing.

"I don't totally disagree with it. If you've been dating I would say atleast.... two or three years, it would be okay to get married, no matter how old you are. If you know you love each other and want to spend the rest of your lives together then I would say go for it." I shrugged my shoulders, taking a bite of my apple.

"I disagree completely. You need to wait until you're out of college and you've been living on your own for a while. You need to know how to take care of yourself. You need to explore the world on your own without having to worry about your husband." Brooklyn argued.

"I think love is love. Everyone has their own opinion."

After I threw my paper tray away, I got a message from an unknown number

From: unknown

'Hey it's Drake. I got your number from Brooklyn. I just wanted to apologize for Friday night. I shouldn't have punched him, even though he deserved it.'

'It's okay. I'm thankful for you taking up for me but I agree, you shouldn't have punched him. It's between Austen and I. No one else.'

'Im sorry. He had no right to yell at you. You're too good for him. You're beautiful and he's an a**hole.'

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks at his comment. Brooklyn noticed, but didn't say anything.

'Thanks! :) But please stay out of it. I don't want you getting involved.'

'No problem. Let me make it up to you. Go out on a date with me tomorrow night ;)'

'Umm...Okay. What time?'

'I'll pick you up around 7:30. Wear something nice. See you then! ;)'

OH MY FREAKING GOSH!! I'm so excited but I'm afraid of what Brooklyn will think about this. Should I tell her or not?

"Who were you talking to? You're as red as that apple you're eating." Brooklyn giggled.

"Uh.. Drake text me...He apologized and then asked if he could make it up to me."

"What did you say?"

"I said yes." I answered shyly.

"How Is he gonna make it up to you?"

I didn't answer. I'm terrified of her reaction. I really like Drake, but if she wants me to just stay friends with him, I will. Our friendship is more important then a date with Drake, no matter how amazing he is.

"Kylie...answer me." She ordered.

"He umm.... He asked me out on a date." I looked away. I couldn't face her.

"Ohh.... Okay. That's cool. Maybe you two will hit it off."

What?!? Did she seriously just say that?

"So you don't care if I go on a date with your cousin?"

She laughed, "No. Why would I care?"

"Well I thought it might be weird for me to date someone in your family."

"It's fine. You need to move on from Austen and I think Drake might just be that guy. I can tell Drake likes you. He always looks at you and smiles. You may not notice it, but everyone else does. You two would be cute together."

"Thanks Brooklyn. I really need to start dating again. I'm glad you don't care because I really like Drake too."

"I know."

Wow. I'm going on a date with THE Drake. The guy I've had a crush on for as long as I can remember. I cannot wait until tomorrow night. I just have to get tonight out of the way.

~*~

School's over and I'm on my way home. My gas light came on about five minutes ago, but I didn't feel like stopping to put gas in it. Worst decision of my life. I ran out of gas and now I'm on the side of the road. I called everyone I could think of to bring me gas but they were either busy or didn't answer the phone. Just when I was about to give up and walk, a very familiar car parks right behind my truck. I try over and over again to bring my truck to life, but it didn't budge. I heard footsteps approach my door and then I heard a tap on my window. I rolled it down and looked at the idiot in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

"Well I saw you on the side of the road and decided I would stop and make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine, Ezra. I already have to spend tonight with you. Let me atleast have a few hours of peace."

"So you're not out of gas?" He asked, holding up a gas can.

I sighed, "Yeah, I guess I am."

"I guess I'll leave you alone so you can have some peace and quiet." He said, slowly walking back to his car.

"Wait." I huffed, stepping out of my truck and walking towards Ezra. "Can you please put the gas in my truck?"

"Under one condition." He smirked.

"What is it?" I rolled my eyes. Of course there's a condition.

"I decide who we interview. You can't say no to anyone I choice no matter who it is."

"No way! This is our project. I have a say in every decision we make!"

"Have it your way then. Looks like you're gonna be walking home."

"FINE!! You can decide who we interview."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Now go back to your truck so you don't start sweating again." He said, putting the gas into my truck.

"Thanks."

"No problem. See you tonight." He winked.

I'm so not looking forward to these next two weeks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 15.5K 56
Meet Kylie. A self-proclaimed geek who has a thing for soccer. So technically, call her a geeklethic. Because she's definitely not weak but she also...
3.5K 147 37
"Would you like to dance?" the boy asks me. I stare deep into his blue eyes, but I can't figure out who he is. He's tall with dark hair and the brigh...
5.8K 53 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
3.2K 61 41
Meet Avril. Two years after her parents' death and she's still struggling with her emotions towards them. When Dallas shows up at her school, Avril...