Finding My Heart(Under Editin...

By thatrandomgeekgirl

Have you ever had a crush on your best friend? Well Ada did. Well, she does. This could lead to issues. Espe... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 | The Park Incident
Chapter 3 | The Morning After
Chapter 4 | Once In A Lifetime
Chapter 5 | The Note
Chapter 6 | Going Home
Chapter 7 | Back To School Bleh
Chapter 8 | The Afternoon
Chapter 9 | Day 2
Chapter 10 | Cross Country Meet
Chapter 11 | It's Felt Like Years
Chapter 12 | Spoopy Time
Chapter 13 | My First Kiss
Chapter 14 | Thanksgiving
Chapter 15 | Movies and Exams
Chapter 16 | He didn't mean to. Did he?
Chapter 17 | Don't Let Me Fall
Chapter 18 | Hey Nosey
Chapter 19 | Slow Down
Chapter 20 | Christmas
Chapter 21 | The Human Pilllow
Chapter 22 | A Big Fight
Chapter 23 | And He Fights
Chapter 24 | Tears Have Been Shed
Chapter 25 | Saddening News
Chapter 26 | Ruined
Chapter 27 | Tragedy
Chapter 28 | What Now?
Chapter 29 | Awoken
Chapter 30 | Rough Road
Chapter 31 | Snow
Chapter 32 | Oopsie
Chapter 33 | School
Chapter 34 | Punished
Chapter 35 | Broken
Chapter 36 | Great News!
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 2 | My First Heartbreak

134 9 0
By thatrandomgeekgirl

✔Edited✔

I came running home, tears streaming down my face. My legs wouldn't stop moving. I was running faster than I ever thought was possible. I wasn't even paying attention to my surroundings. The houses and trees nearby were all green and white blurs.

I bumped into a fellow runner and muttered "sorry" before I sped up again. Engulfed in my own thoughts, I tripped over a root. I slammed on the hard concrete sidewalk, my face planting a nice welcoming to the concrete sidewalk. Luckily, my hands and knees had caught my fall.

I fought back more tears, but one tear escaped, resulting in a small sob escaping my lips. Tears were flowing freely down my cheeks due to my fall and what had been going on. I let my hair drape around my face. I looked down at my knees to see them scraped up and bleeding. There was also dirt in the scratches.

I was about to stand up to continue running, but he was too close, so I slumped in defeat. Jeremiah bent down to my level and grabbed my arm and lifted it upwards with the other. "Are you okay?" The hazel-eyed boy looked seriously worried as he spoke. When I didn't answer him, he took a step closer, leaving only inches between us. "Are. You. Okay?"

"Yes Jeremiah, happy now?" He looked down and bit his bottom lip. He sighed before looking up at me."Now, please. Let me leave." As I was trying to go, he grabbed onto my shoulders. I swatted away his hands and I walked away slowly. I looked back at him after I was many meters away from him. He was still standing there, looking straight at me with his bright, hazel eyes. I tensed my jaw before turning around to walk home.

When I was home, I walked up to my room without even glancing at my mother. When I didn't talk to her, she followed me upstairs. I walked into my room, and I slammed the door shut behind me. My body made contact with the bed. When I was laying on the bed in my bedroom, my mom came in and sat down next to me. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" she said in a soothing tone. My mother went into full mom mode at that moment. I sat up, and she rubbed my back in comfort.

"Mom... everything has just been going wrong." I drew out a long sigh. A tear escaped my eye, so I wiped it away quickly. I wrapped my arms around my knees and rested my chin on my knees.

"Well baby, everything can't be going wrong," she stated as she smiled slightly. "I mean, you do have food, water, shelter, and clothes." She flashed a look of empathy to me. "What happened, anyway?" Her eyes flickered to my knees that were scraped and bloody. "Tell me as I clean up the scrapes on your knees in the bathroom."

I quickly replied with an "okay" in a quiet, whisper-like tone. I told my mom about all that happened as she cleaned me up. We walked out of the bathroom, cutting off the light and closing the door behind us. I wiped my makeup off and changed into sweats and a t-shirt. My mom and I headed downstairs and into the living room. My mom told me to pick a movie of my choice to cheer me up. I went to the couch and sunk into it. I looked through Netflix and decided that I would watch one of the many Marvel movies to see some badass action which would enlighten my mood.

"Okay, hun, I'm gonna get the ice cream out of the freezer. You stay put." I nodded and waited patiently for her return. I heard the doorbell ring, so I looked through the peephole in the door. I watched Jeremiah as he fixed his hair through the reflection of the window by the door. He bit his lip before knocking on the door.

"I'll get it!" my brother shouted, his voice cracking in the midst of his yelling. I giggled slightly at his voice crack. "Oh, you have it? I seriously ran down the steps for nothing? I risked dying with my asthma just for you to answer it instead. Sigh," he said obnoxiously. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic middle school tactics.

"Go ahead and answer it instead of complaining about it to me, dork," I replied with an irritated tone of voice. I pointed to the door while looking at him with furrowed brows. I walked away and watched as Cameron walked down. I made sure to watch him closely with narrowed eyes. I wouldn't have wanted him to share embarrassing intel about my personal life to the guy that I had a frigging crush on.

I watched him open the front door.

"Uhh, hello???" Jeremiah said quietly, scratching his neck. His eyes traveled down to his feet.

"Jeremiah!" Cameron then tackled Jeremiah with a huge man-hug. I put on a small smile at his funny gesture. To think, only five years ago I was a seventh grader.

"Hey, Cam, can I talk to Ada?" Cameron patted on Jeremiah's back and released the hug. Cam expressed a conflicted look before replying. I narrowed my eyes, leery of my brother speaking. "To be completely honest man, I don't really think she wants to talk to you, or see your face, or even think about you. That's just in all honesty. You know, I bet she probably hates your guts, especially with how upset she looked." He pounded him down with his words as he spoke. He looked up at Jeremiah and pursed his lips.

"Cameron!" I hissed. "You are being way too harsh!" I waved him over, but he put his hand out for me to wait a second.

"Ohh, okay, I'll just- umm. You know, I'll just come back another day I guess. Umm, bye?" I heard a forced cough before seeing Jeremiah look down at his feet. He ran his slender fingers through his short, tangled hair. He rocked back and forth on his toes and heels, darting his eyes in every which direction.

"Nice seeing you bro, bye," Cameron said quickly before slamming the door shut in his face. I'm pretty sure that he was about to speak when Cameron rudely closed the front door.

I rushed to the door and cracked open the curtains to the windows surrounding the door. Jeremiah had his back facing the house. He turned around for a moment and sighed out while kicking the ground. He looked really guilty and for a second, glanced toward me. He gulped as he looked at me and I felt my heart accelerate. I finally pushed the curtains closed.

"What the hell was that, Cam?" I screeched, smacking him on the side of his head. "I am mad at him, and he kind of crushed my very soul, but that was so rude. Why'd you slam the door literally on his face?"

"I really like your best friend. I kinda wish he was my brother. Not to mention, he isn't anywhere near as annoying as you-"

"Shut up, and get to the point!" I rebuked angrily.

"Alright, dingus. I did that because I, believe it or not, do care about my big sister. And I saw the effect of what happened on you. As annoying as you can be, I do want you to be as happy as you can be. Even if that means I have to be rude to your totally awesome and epic best friend," he sighed out, rolling his eyes.

"Awe, my baby brother has a soft spot for his big sister," I teased, pinching his cheeks. It resulted in a large scowl making its way onto my brothers face.

"Ugh, what do you plan on watching?" Cam said, a grimace still shaping his face.

"Captain America: The First Avenger," I responded smiling at the idea of Steve Rogers and his tragic romance with Peggy Carter. Not to mention, Chris with his shirt off was a sight I missed.

"I swear, the only reason you want to watch that movie is because you have the massive hots for Chris Evans. Don't even try to deny it," Cammie said, amused by his not so clever response.

"I- but..." My mom entered the room smiling.

"Now what in the world are you two bickering about?" She brought in two big bowls of cookies and cream ice cream and two glasses of water. I smiled hands and held my hands out to retrieve my much deserved, icy treat. "I suppose you want me to get you ice cream now, too, Cameron?" He gave her an are you seriously asking me that look before she walked back into the kitchen, rolling eyes and sighs included.

My mom came back in moments later and sat down next to me. I rested my head on her shoulder. She subconsciously ran her fingers through my hair. She played with my hair and a wave of calmness and relaxation washed over my body. My mom did this randomly when we would cuddle and it always made me feel relaxed. Playing with hair tends to be a mom thing.

"Honey, aren't you tired of watching this movie over and over again?" I shrugged. "You did say I could pick any movie," I said with emphasis the any and smirked. She withdrew a long sigh and rolled her eyes. "At least we get to see the muscular and attractive Chris Evans. That's America's ass you know."

"Mom!" I looked at her in disbelief and smacked her arm. She just chuckled while Cameron shared a mortified expression with me.

She continued to play with my hair throughout the movie. After the first movie and after we finished our ice cream, Cameron left to do his own thing. After binge-watching movies all day, my mom ordered pizza for dinner. I ordered a cheese pizza and when it arrived, I stayed in the living room in my couch position. I decided to watch some of the Flash and eat my pizza while watching. My mom went into her office to take a call. Cameron decided to regroup and join me in watching the show as he ate his pepperoni pizza.

"Hey Ada, about Jeremiah coming around earlier..." he mentioned and trailed off, jabbing his elbow into my side. I swatted his arm away from me because I wasn't really in the mood to deal with annoying little brothers.

"I. Don't. Care." I huffed and sunk into the couch.

"You obviously care some because you reacted and responded to what I said. Not to mention, you watched me talk to him the whole time. Like a hawk, too." He wriggled his eyebrows. I swear to God, my brother was able to be so frigging annoying at times.

"Shut up!" We stayed silent for a while. "Okay, maybe I do care. Only a little though. He just hurt me so terribly and in so many ways." Cameron rolled his eyes, so I wrapped him into an embrace. He patted my back in support. So much for his empathy.

"Just talk to him soon, he feels really bad about all that he did. I could see it in his facial expressions. And stop being so overdramatic. Not to mention, I still wanna be his friend." We pulled away from our hug.

"I'll try to forgive him. I'll try." I rolled my eyes at his smart remark from earlier before gluing my eyes back onto the T.V. We continued to watch the Flash, and I finished my pizza. When the episode was over, I handed the remote over to Cameron. I decided to go to my bedroom to do something to get my mind off of Jeremiah.

I plopped onto my bed and I scrolled through my Instagram. I was looking at the photos, but one caught my eye in particular. It was a photo of Samantha and Jeremiah with his arm around her waist and her arm around his back. Her head was also resting on his shoulder. It was on Jeremiah's account. I clicked onto his account and read his bio. It said the following 'My baby girl has got the key to my heart' and there were a kissy face and a lock and key emoji next to it.

Talk about ew.

Without me even wanting my body to do this, a tear rolled down my cheek and chin and it dropped onto my phone screen over the picture of the two together. I planted my face into my pillow and I started to cry. Why does this boy have to make me feel this way? I just want the pain to go away. I continued to cry with reasons why I wasn't good enough and how Samantha was better. I cried myself to sleep and fell into a dreamless state.

A/N- Edit- I have been editing this book so heavily, guys. I'm legit going from part to part to decide whether they are readable and eye-catching to y'all! Because I'd have to say, some of my older parts are very badly written and are also shorter than the amount I write now. And these edited versions are in NO WAY the final versions of the book. The final perfectly edited version of it will actually be published and sold for y'all. Hopefully, these edits are enough to get you through to the better writing in this novel. And WOW!! Over a thousand reads? Thank you guys soooooo much. I can't wait to actually also enter my story into the Watty's 2019. Big things are happening me bois.

Tis all for now... Please vote, comment, and share to help me out. I love y'all!! Byeeeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 87.3K 46
In our lives, we tend to say or do things that bring us regrets. Our decisions can be instant, and those are the worst, most terrible ones. So what w...
158K 2.7K 44
Previously known as The Accident --------- She is beautiful. So fucking beautiful. She is a star and I would become an astronomer for her and I woul...
9.4K 159 36
what will happen if a 17 yo girl with trust issues falls in love with her cold brother's best friend who's 10 years older than her? read her diary t...
64.7K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...