Lasting Love (a Fred Weasley...

By WeaselB3e

Riley Wood is Oliver Wood's "little sister" or so that's what everyone at Hogwarts knows her as, however. Ril... More

Rotten Luck
Secrets
Blissful afternoons
The Secret thickens
Classes
They Know Who You Are
Realizations
Young Love
Ferrets
The First Task
The Yule Ball
Curiosity
Birthdays
The Third Task
The days of Summer
Falling yet again
Family affair
Finding Out the Truth
Losing everything
Change
Realizations and sorrow
First Day at Hogwarts...What joy
My confrontation with Umbridge
Down to Business
Christmas time!
End of Year Fun
What makes a ferret cry?
School and Stalking ferrets, how fun
Hogsmeade with Fred
Gate Crashers and Little Girls
Christmas with Oliver and poisonings
Frightened and Worried
That Summer
School Days
Fred and Pugs
We should have run
Christmas time
To the Depths of Hell
Hell's Rescue
Aftermath of Hell
Promises
Before the Fight
Battle of Hogwarts
Its All Over
Can't believe it
Hospital Visit
Holding it Together
A Ferret with Nothing
No One
Daydreaming and services
Fred's Mind
Dont break a promise to a Weasley
Letting everything out
Fred's plan
Tosspots
Twins?!
Surprise!
An Offer You Can't Refuse...or Can You?
Wedding Plans
Wedding Day!
Oh, Weddings
Honeymooners
Life
Birthday!
Big Family
To Hogwarts We Go!
Time to Play
Detentions
Ferret Christmas
Merry Christmas
Summer Vacation
Second Year
Third/Fourth Year
Fifth Year
Seventh Year
Lasting Love

End of Sixth year

7.8K 161 18
By WeaselB3e

I realize that I've skipped a few things...if people feel I should go back and add them (like Draco/Harry's fight in the bathroom) and such please feel free to comment and I'll consider it...but I personally think this my story is moving rather smoothly and I've hit the major points necessary! Ps. This is my Riley/ Draco centered chapter again. Thank you for all reading! :) 

Enjoy!

~*~*~

            *Ron's POV*

            Harry came rushing into the common room and disappeared before coming back and stopping before Hermione and I catching his breath.

            "I need you two to watch the map and take the felix felicis. You're going to need it, there's no time to explain fully but alert the DA if you can." Harry rushed as he took a deep breath, "I'll be back soon."

            I nodded and frowned, "where are you going?"

            "It'd be too much to explain now, but just know its for the mission."

            Hermione and I nodded and Harry sprinted off, I exchanged a worried glance with Hermione as we settled down by the fire watching the map-watching for Draco.

            *Hermione's POV*

            Luna and Riley stood beside me as we monitored Professor Snape's office. There was no sign of him at all and we were starting to get fidgety until Flitwick came running down the hall and into Snape's office. There was a thud and Snape stepped out into a hall, he took us in and smiled.

            "Would you three mind checking on Flitwick while I go and get Pomfrey?" He sneered in his monotone voice.

            We nodded and rushed into the room where the poor charms teacher lay unconscious on the floor. Riley backed away and grabbed our hands,

            "Something isn't right here," Riley muttered.

            I glanced at her, "what are you on about?"

            Riley slapped her head, "you dolts! Snape stunned him! We just let him go!! Come on!" she shouted as she sprinted out of the room.

            As we ran up the stairs we were confronted with shouts and screams as spells were shot around the halls. I followed Riley as she ran and ran, shielding herself from spells until we were under the astronomy tower stairs. Members of the Order were there throwing spells at the barrier that was protecting the entrance, Riley pushed me back as feet emerged on the stairs and out came Snape clutching Draco followed by numerous death eaters.

            Riley ran off after them, I lost her as she ran into the fray.

            *Riley's POV*

            "DRACO! Get back here!" I shouted as I tried to chase them.

            Snape threw spells over his shoulder towards me, and it wasn't until I saw Harry running beside me that I realized he was running after them too.

            Draco tripped and fell, I caught up to him and clutched his shirt, swinging my fist back and connecting with his jaw harshly, "what the bloody hell did you do?! How could you Draco?!"

            Draco shook his head, "I didn't do anything! I just disarmed him!"

            Suddenly Draco was ripped out of my grasp and he was running with Snape again, I swallowed the feeling in my throat as I watched them retreat. The one thing I knew was that this was his fault, how could he start all of this? How could I let him start all of this? My mind whispered back to me, I felt my stomach churn as I realized I had failed all of my promises I had made to stop Draco from whatever he was doing. I started running again but something caught my ankle, I was pulled back and across the floor until I was looking up into the eyes of Bellatrix Lestrange.

            "Well...if it isn't my favorite little relative!" she sneered.

            I spit into her face and smirked, she drew a knife and held it to my throat, "how dare you...you little shit." She hissed in my ear.

            Behind her head I could see spells flying everywhere, I just hoped one spell hit Bellatrix but none came as she grabbed my hand and stabbed the knife straight through it. I cried in pain while she just laughed at me, "Now to end your pathetic life..." I closed my eyes as I felt for my wand that had fallen from my grip, she took another stab at my side this time, I felt more stabs come as I felt my wand just out of my grasp. If I just inched a little further....I grasped it and cast a spell at Bellatrix which sent her far away from me.

            "Get away from me you dirty bitch," I hissed as I tried to stand up. I felt the blood drip down my fingertips and onto the ground, I could only imagine what my shirt was starting to look like.

            I started throwing spells at her and she easily got by them, my head felt as if it were pounding and I felt sick. As suddenly as she appeared she disappeared as death eaters began to make a run for it, I didn't know what was going on but I was glad that they were all leaving. I staggered forward and I tore my shirt up, tightening it around my side, and wrapped the cloth around my hand before I followed Draco and Snape. I finally caught up to them, I saw that Harry was fighting Snape and Draco was looking back I sent a leg locking curse at him and he fell to the ground, I stepped over him and leaned over him.

            "Draco Malfoy...." I mused as I stared at him before I clutched his throat, cocking my fist before socking his right eye. I started pelting every inch I could reach, even in my state as I felt my shirt get heavier and wetter as time went on, I pelted him as hard as I could.

            Draco shook his head as I released his throat, "I'm sorry."

            I saw a light come towards me and I blocked it easily, I looked to see Bellatrix laughing as she set Hagrid's house on fire and Hagrid began to bellow at her as she cackled.

            I turned back to Draco and spit in his face, "you disgust me Draco..."

            Draco laughed slightly, "I disgust me too Rye...I'm sorr-"

            I nodded slightly, "apologies won't make up for what you did tonight Malfoy."

            Draco clutched my arm tightly and I looked at him, I could tell his eyes were filled with horror and fear as he looked at me, "whatever you do. Be careful Riley, they're going to come for you." He pulled me closer to him, "I mean it, please be safe."

            A dark laugh left my throat as I looked into his eyes that were filled with desperation, I nodded slightly. "They're going to have to live with my dead body..."

            Draco smirked just as Snape caught his collar and pulled him from my grasp, "watch your back Riley!" he called as he was practically dragged by Snape.

            I felt my knees shake under me and everything began to spin, then the ground was meeting my head as I closed my eyes and the glow of a fire lit my eyelids as I blacked out from the amount of blood I had been dripping across all of Hogwarts just to follow Draco. I hadn't even done anything to him, I had thought I'd at least sent a few spells to muck him up like what Harry did to him earlier this year but I didn't...I suppose it was because he was my oldest friend and I knew that given a choice he'd choose the right side. The grass acted like a soft pillow as the scent of grass surrounded me and I felt my blood slowly leave my body and soak the ground, I sighed as the world went black.

          *Draco's POV*

           Snape kept on pushing me when all I wanted to do was fall back and beg Riley to forgive me, I didn't want this! I just wanted my old life now, what have I gotten myself into?! I had lost Riley, the one person who saw through my act, I had ruined any chance of her trusting me after this. I glanced behind me, in the fire light I watched as Riley fell to the ground, I hoped she was alright; I couldn't bare knowing that she was hurt-yet again.

      I kept running after all of the death eaters, we headed for the gates before we apparated. I looked back at the school, it looked every scarier with the dark mark floating high above it.

         "Move it," Aunt Bellatrix hissed in my ear before I grabbed her arm and we turned on the spot.

          I let go as we appeared in front of our house, I practically ran up to my room where I locked the door and huffed. I kicked the wall before sitting in the chair that was in the corner, I took a deep breath before pulling out the picture frame I kept underneath the chair.

         I smiled, it was a picture of Riley and I when we were younger, probably around eight years old, both of us were holding brooms and grinning before taking off. I remembered mother giving us both our own brooms, Riley was a talented flyer-even for an eight year old-I put the photo on my lap as I sighed. I wish we could go back to then, I missed having her as a close friend, I missed sending her owls and talking to her. Too bad this was all ruined now, there was no way we could go back to those old times.

            *Oliver's POV*

            I had returned from getting food when I received an owl about Riley, this girl was always getting into trouble...I told her to behave if she wanted to go to a quidditch match with me...but then I stopped short of my thoughts as I read the letter once, then twice, and another time. Riley had been in a battle and is now lying in the hospital wing with multiple injuries, my legs began to shake and I sighed as I sat down at the kitchen table.

            I couldn't believe this, I wrote a quick owl to my captain stating I wasn't going to be home for a few weeks and packed a small bag before apparating to Hogsmeade. I practically ran to the infirmary where I found her sitting up in her bed, she had bandages wrapped around her torso and hand, I could tell from the stand she was taking a lot of medicines to help her heal.

            "Riley!" I breathed.

            She smiled at me and held out her arms as I came to hug her, "Oliver you came."

            I nodded, "of course. How're you feeling? What happened?"

            She took a deep breath and told me about everything that had happened, when she finished I nodded slowly, "then its decided. You're coming to the states with me."

            Riley's eyes grew bigger in surprise, "but Oliver..."

            I shook my head, "I don't want you to get hurt like this again. It's final you're coming with me."

            Riley shook her head slightly, "its a bit too late for this conversation don't you think?"

            I reached for her hand and rubbed it soothingly and sighed as I looked at the tears that were forming, "I'm sorry for being a git. I should've listened the first time round, but I was looking out for you. Hogwarts is the safest place in the world."

            Riley nodded slowly and tears began to fall, my heart began to break as I watched her wipe away all of her tears.

            "Come on Rye, it'll be fine I swear."

            "But now isn't the time to go, now's the time to stay and fight."

            I took a deep breath, "Riley, I really don't think that's smart."

            Riley sobbed and my heart broke as I watched her, "please Oliver...We have to stay now. There's no running away from this."

"Why the sudden change in heart?" I picked at my bottom lip as Riley thought over her words.

"Because running now when the world is going to need people the most, would just fuel fire to my name sake. I wanted to run in the beginning, but now...." she paused for a moment, "there's going to be people that need protecting and I don't want to be in America when people are running for their lives here."

I gave a sad smile and nodded, that was the Riley I knew. "You have to promise to keep in contact and write everyday."

            Riley gave a sad small smile, "I promise I'll be safe and I will Oliver."

            I nodded and handed her a small envelope, her eyes grew wide as she pulled out a small key, "it's a vault key for Gringotts. You see...in my fifth year, my parents and I thought of making a vault for you. With everything going on, our family wanted to help you. I'm sure you have the access to your parents vault also, but this is from us."

            Riley smiled, tears in her eyes, "thank you Oliver."

            I stood up and kissed her forehead, "I'm going to go see the others before taking off. You'll be alright?"

            Riley nodded, "I know I wanted to stay with you before and I still do. But....people are going to need each other and it doesn't feel right to run now."

            I grabbed her hand, "use the floo network if its an emergency."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 228 22
Serenity "Serena" Luna Wood is the little sister of Oliver Wood. Best friends with the Weasley twins. She is in her 5th year. This is her adventure t...
51.1K 1.1K 22
Rosie Wagner is a Slytherin, powerful, beautiful and rich. Some people even consider pure evil. What will a Weasley think. Fred Weasley is fascinat...
4.6M 99.8K 100
Maddie has grown up without her mother and father, living with Remus Lupin. Her father is Sirius Black and sometimes she wonders if he even knows tha...
950K 27K 42
A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION BOOK ONE ❝Lucy wasn't sure of many things. She wasn't sure exactly when she'd discovered she was a witch. She wasn't sure...