Fred's plan

So ABC Family is having their Harry Potter weekend this weekend so in honor of that here's an early upload! :) I hope you enjoy!! :3

*Fred's POV*

I stood in front of the full length mirror, I looked alright, I suppose. I took a deep breath, today was a big day for me and every part of my body could feel it. I shook from nerves as I checked myself out; with a shaky breath I put my wand in my back pocket and headed to the door where I apparated. I walked up the street quickly and entered the small café.

"Please don't let him be here yet," I whispered to myself as I looked around and saw the familiar head of hair. My heart jumped to my throat and I felt sweat on the back of my neck as I walked up to the small table he was seated at and took a seat across from him.

"Why did you call me here?" Oliver greeted as he smiled at me.

"To talk," I spoke nervously.

Oliver snorted as he took a sip of his drink, "I think the last time I saw you act like this was just before your first quidditch game. What's wrong?" I took a deep breath and pulled out a small blue box and slammed it on the table in front of him, Oliver studied it carefully. "Fred, I think you're a great guy and everything but...I don't think I'm really your type."

"It's for Riley you arse," I muttered darkly. I wasn't here for jokes, I was here for business and that was it. I was just so nervous that I wasn't really up for these sort of exchanges, although I did appreciate Oliver's joke.

"What happened to your sense of humor there?" Oliver asked as he leaned back in his seat.

"Please Oliver, this is important to me," I pleaded.

Oliver was silent for a moment, "alright. Then talk," Oliver waved his hand lazily as if to say come on with it.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm my nerves, "I wanted to do this properly. I've been thinking about how to go about this and I've found that this is the best way I can do it. Riley means the world to me, I cherish her above everything and it would mean a lot to me if you'd give me your blessing for us to get married." I stopped, Oliver's eyes widened slightly but he smiled slightly. "Seeing as you're Riley's guardian and she looks up to you, I thought that maybe getting your permission would be a great idea."

"Of course that's what you want," he laughed before shaking his head. "Unfortunately, my answer is no."

"We've been dating for practically four years now, it's only common that I'd want to marry her," I explained.

"Fred, you're one of the best guys I know. I'm happy that Riley has you but...I won't give you my blessing."

"Why not?" I snapped, this was uncalled for. I really expected Oliver to say of course, but here he was saying no.

"How do I know if you want to marry Riley out of pure love and nothing else or just because you feel that it's something you have to do because she's pregnant?" Oliver leaned forward and whispered.

"Because I've wanted this for a year, I've had that ring with me for an entire year!" I stammered, the nerves turning to frustration. Oliver wasn't serious, was he? After everything Riley and I had been through together. My nerves were shot and I frowned as I huffed.

"Riley is basically my little sister, she's my responsibility and although you make her happy I don't want this marriage to happen because of a child," Oliver stated clearly.

"I can see where you'd think that, but trust me. Riley means everything to me, I want this because I'm in love with her, I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost her."