P.S - I'm Not Your Barbie

By Rebel_Rosa

All my life, my family and I have been living the American Dream. Or at least that's the front we put up to a... More

Good Girl, No Way (ch.1)
Ditching and Justin Beiber (ch.2)
A Thanks.... Kind Of.
Daredevil in the Making.... (ch.3)
Oopsie! I Didn't Mean Too.... Yes I did (ch.4)
Yeah, You're Perfect and I Have A Lion Up My Ass (ch.5)
What do you Want Now? (ch. 6)
Hubba Bubba Chuba (ch. 7)
Just Wondering Chica (ch.8)
Teacups (ch.9)
Cue the Dark Music (ch.10)
Oh No You Didn't (ch.11)
You Have To Shoot Him Sweetheart, Or I'll Shoot You (Ch. 12)
I Did It for Him (ch.13)
What Happened to my Hair? (ch.15)
I'm Not Cool, I'm Amazing (ch. 16)
Welcome to the Family (ch 17)
The Time (ch 18)
Hey Brother (ch 19)
Metamorphosis (ch 20)
Disappointment (ch 21)
Author's Note
Welcome Back Attitude (ch 22)
A Crazy Little Thing Called Betrayal (ch 23)
"Oopsie-freaking-daisy." (Ch. 24)
Unfreaking believable

Another Dinner, Watch out... (ch. 14)

718 32 7
By Rebel_Rosa

Sorry for the late update, the Rebel was grounded. Shocker. Anyways...

-R

I observe the piece of metal on my wrist with a pissed of expression written across my face. Really? I need a tracker now? I thought Jesse was the big man, the leader of this so called gang and he can’t even keep an eye on little old me? Am I that scary that he needs to keep his distance and watch from afar? I knew I was right when I thought he was a Ken doll, he doesn’t look like a bad boy, and he’s probably an imposter, a puppet that the master is using so he doesn't show his face. That would be interesting... Maybe I should ask him sometime, it would ruin his mood.

I get up from my new bed and pace around my new room. Jesse made it clear a few hours ago that this is where I am going to live for the rest of my life, or at least until the day that they kill me, whichever happens first. It’s the same thing anyways. I don't feel anything towards death anymore; I know what it's like when you take somebody's life, and what it feels like when you feel the life draining out of you as if you’re a tree and somebody takes out all the sap inside of you.

I feel like such a drama queen, I am supposed to be Jessica the bad girl, I have to keep on reminding myself this, or else the next thing I know I'm going to be begging people like they’re above me and doing favours for Jesse. Let me just tell you this. That. Will. Not. Happen. I will not go down without a fight; the time for payback will be soon, I just have to figure out my next move and then actually do it.

I have to find somebody here on the inside. Somebody that will help me because honestly, the last time I made a plan it backfired really badly. I got kicked out, my sister left, my brother and my old best friend reappeared out of thin air, and Jesse kidnapped me.

Why do I feel as if this is all going way too fast, like all of these events now happening in my life were planned, waiting for the right moment to throw all this crap on my shoulders? Is there something that I'm missing? What is going on here? Maybe this really was planned; I wouldn't be shocked if it was, I seem to be one to attract trouble in its most gruesome form.

Oh boy, I am becoming one of those clueless people on TV shows that die because of their stupidity, this is really bad. This is like those horror movies, fine I’m not going to run upstairs when the killer is chasing me with a machete, but I have a feeling I might do something equally as stupid, if not more. I have to know everything, it's crucial especially at this point. Being locked up in a room, closed away from the rest of the world and information, is not helping me achieve my goal; I have to get out of here and start using my detective skills. I know what I’m doing, I read Nancy Drew as a kid, I’ll find a way out of here unharmed, she always did.

As if on cue, I remember Jesse saying something about coming to get me for supper later on, but I don't remember when. This is when I will have to do something, find something hidden, important. I have a feeling moments like these will not be frequent. The only time I will ever be able to see the outside world, at least for now, will be when Jesse needs me to "complete" one of his missions. He still hasn't figured out which jobs I am supposed to take on, apparently, I am a complicated person except he knows for sure that I will not be one of the seducers. Rude, but what can you do? I’d rather not walk around half naked like some people do.

Suddenly, another wall appears, and keeps me from moving forward towards my goal. Who ever said that Jesse wouldn't be keeping a close eye on me while I went outside of my room, or this house? Once again, I look down at the gadget on my wrist, glaring at it, hoping that it would magically break or disappear. I need to get his finger on this thing, but how will I do it? I don’t have the power to make people much larger than me, take orders from me. If I did, I would already have been out of here faster than you could say “Crocodile cheese stick.”

While I wait for the hours to pass by, I observe every inch of the room, memorizing it by heart, making plans to escape from scenarios I create in my head. It isn't amusing, but it passes the time, the purpose of creating the game, but anyways. 

The room is a shade of pink, much to my demise, I thought everybody got the memo when looking at me; do I look like a Barbie? No. The furniture is white, nothing spectacular, but the room itself is so large, that the rich people of the 1950's could have hosted a ball, probably even more spectacular than those hosted by my parents. My mind soon imagines a scenario where a ball full of guys in suits, court the ladies in ball gowns and ask them to dance the fox-trot. I really have an amazing imagination, too bad it has never come in handy since kindergarten.

I hear a knocking sound coming from somewhere in my room and it takes me a few minutes to figure out that the noise is coming from... Get this... The door. I have to question my intelligence often over here; I feel my brain cells disappearing bit by bit. I suddenly miss school.

The door opens, and I find myself thinking about the pain I am going to commit to the person that dared interrupt my thoughts. Where was the good, old fashioned, wait-until-beckoned, manners? People these days... I look at the person in front of me that seems to be talking to my beautiful self. Of course, it's Jesse. He can't get enough of me, not that I'm blaming him, I'm amazing.

"..." Is my witty response to whatever Jesse just asked me. I should become a writer; I feel the inspiration in my bones, especially with enigmatic responses like that one.

"Get up." He says. Short and sweet, just like him. No, that can’t be true, that tall idiot is an ass. He looks back at me and glares, what is he? Superman? Can Superman read peoples thoughts?

"You need to learn how to say things inside your head, and not out loud, that kind of thing could get you killed." He says in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Oh wow, here you are trying to give me advice, and I am only laughing at the insults I fight the urge to tell you in my head. I would say that's not fair to you, but frankly I could care less about your feelings or anything else that has to do with you." I smile sweetly while I watch him ball his hands into fists. Oh, somebody is Mr. Grumpy...

"Let's go, it's time for supper." He snaps. "And you better not mess this up like last time."

I follow him out the door like a trained puppy, a pot of trouble boiling in my head, this is going to be fun... Let's see, I'm going to need salt, pepper, tattoo guy, and a spatula... Do they keep one of those on a table? Maybe I'll just settle for a fork or a spoon.

While I was brewing up a plan, I didn't take into notice that Jesse had stopped. Gracefully, I fell onto Jesse’s back and in the process, almost made him lose his balance. Wow, this is an acrobat in training ladies and gentleman. I look around the room and find a full house... All staring at me. What? Don't they have anything better to do with their lives other than stare at me like psychopaths? Maybe my plan should wait for another day, and I can’t seem to find any spatulas on the table. Darn.

"Jessica, didn't your parents ever teach you about manners and that name calling is wrong? It's rude, stop." Jesse whispers into my ear.

I'm telling you, something is fishy here, I can't keep on saying these things out loud, and I’m not that crazy. Insulting a bunch of giant people is not my kind of scene, especially when they could all beat me to pulp.

"Everybody, settle down!" Jesse commands, silencing the pack of people.

"Who is she?" I man yells from the crowd.

What does that guy eat? He can't be that big.... Maybe steroids. I should tell him how bad it is to use those things. Does he know that his voice will become squeaky after some time? I look at him and see how glares at me. Maybe not, he's a big boy, he can make his own decisions, and I’m not his mother.

"This is Jessica; she is the latest member of our gang. You will treat her the same as the rest of the newbies. Maybe ruffle up her feathers a bit, we don't want her to think she's special, now do we?" Jesse yells. The all yell back in agreement. Sheesh, keep it down, I'm right here. "Now sit, supper will be served."

The gang starts moving to their chairs, talking amongst each other. I stand beside Jesse, still and silent. He grabs my wrist, and brings me towards a chair. For some reason, I find myself letting out a breath of relief, it's not like he was going to bring me to a zoo or anything. I wonder what it would be like to live as a giraffe. I want a long neck...

I look at the people sitting beside me, Jesse is to my right, and a girl around 18 years old sits to my left. Maybe she could be my way of escape; I glance at her wrist and see that she is in fact not wearing a bracelet, neither is anybody else here.

"Hey sis, pass me the olives." Jesse says.

The girl to my left lifts her head and gives Jesse the olives. My face falls as I realise the fact that she won't be able to help me plan my escape, she’s probably one of the people that will fight to keep me in here. She doesn’t spare me a glance, I get the feeling that she doesn’t care.

I feel something poke me in the ribs. "You didn't think that you could escape by getting somebody on the inside, now did you? Because if you did, you probably should have picked somebody that was not my sister. Just a tip." Jesse whispers to me and flicks my nose. What the hell?

I ignore him and start playing with my food like a child. I will not let him see how close he was to guessing my plan. I will win, and there is nothing that he can do about, I'm way too stubborn to stop anyways. I won’t stop, even if I end up getting out of here on my own and even if it takes years.

Supper goes on normally, nobody talks to me, and I don't talk to anybody either. I watch the people around me and I observe the way they act towards each other, they all seem to be close; they probably are, seeing as they all killed somebody and have something in common. At the far end corner of the room, I see a few girls in uniforms, taking a break from their job, maybe they could help me. I make a mental note to try and talk to them later on.

I turn my attention towards the people next to me, and I watch Jesse talk to the people around him while his sister does the same. I think about asking her what her name is and it bugs me for a few minutes while I debate inside my head whether or not I should, but my question is answered when Jesse calls her Lana when he tries to get her attention. What a coincidence, it's my mother's name, now I can have a reminder of her here, even though she is miles away, probably yelling at her numerous employees. During the evening, I often caught her scowling at me; they both seem to dislike me. What a wonderful thing to have in common... Hatred.

There is no dessert, no ice cream... Man, I could have enjoyed that, but no. There was none of that. I watch the clock change from minute to minute until it strikes ten o'clock and Jesse stands up saying good bye to the people still sitting at the table. He makes a sign for me to follow him, and I do. The walk is silent as we walk to my room, an unexplainable tension in the air, making me forget about my earlier plans to look around for clues.

"Breakfast will be at seven in the morning, be ready." He says and slams my door in my face.

I feel something trickle down my nose. Just what I needed and I head to my bathroom to get ready for bed.

So that's the chapter, I hope you liked it. I saw that my book was #5 in Humor and number #39 in Teen Fiction... I don't know if that was a glitch, but it was still nice to see. Comment and or vote, thanks. Write to you later,

-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3M 196K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
1.6K 50 17
Being a teenager isn't any Hollywood production. Now, add powers, a family secret, and a few people who want you dead! Welcome to my world! Names Ana...
436K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
357K 7.7K 37
I kept running and running, my heart beating fast, my legs burning from all the cuts and bruises, my breathing becoming harder with each passing seco...