Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter XXII

10.6K 246 51
By DreamingToBe17

"Here's your order. One strawberry milk shake and Iced Latte," I said as I hand it to Cayden. He then grabs the Large Iced Latte and pokes the straw inside the hole and starts sipping the Coffee.

"You forgot your Strawberry milk shake," I said as I hand it to him, he then blinks his eyes and stops sipping. 

"That's for you," He said and winks his right eye at me and left the Coffee Shop. The cashier lady gave me a disgusted look as I gave her one of my questioning looks, she then looks away and rolls her eyes.

She then suddenly grabs the strawberry milk shake on the counter, grabs a straw, pokes it inside the hole and starts sipping, "It's mine." She said as I can't help but roll my eyes at her,

"I'm not going to drink it anyway," I said as I cleaned the working table where we make the drinks and started brewing more coffee in the brewing machine.

***

After finishing my shift, I hang my apron inside my locker in the Employee's lockers room inside the Employee's door. I then closed my locker and told the manager that I'm going to head home. Once I already got his approval, I left the coffee shop.

I walked towards my car and saw a shadow behind me, I whirled around and saw him again. I can't help but roll my eyes, seeing his presence kind of sucks and makes me sick. But how can he still manage to look that gorgeous?

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, he then smirks at me as I wait for his response. He then placed both of his hands inside his jeans and starts swinging like an idiot, as if he's going to ask something that's going to make it awkward at the end.

"Nothing much just wanted to take you home..." Ethan said making me place both of my hands on my waist and look at him, angrily.

"You do know that I brought my car with me, right?" I said, he then looks at my car and just shrugged. I then rolled my eyes and unlocked my car, walking towards the driver's seat door. He suddenly grabs my wrist, making me stop and look at him.

"I just..." He said as if he's hesitating whether he should tell me or not. I then waited for his response to continue but, it looks like he's not going to spill out anything from his mouth.

"If you want to say it, just say it. If you don't want to, you don't have to force yourself." I said as I grabbed his hand and removed it from my wrist. I smiled at him and approached my car. "See you tomorrow in school," I added, I then went inside my car and closed the driver's seat door. 

I then started the engine of my car and I still see him standing on his spot as he continues to look at me, I then waved a goodbye at him and he just gave me a warm smile before I left and drove all the way back home.

I turned on the radio and some Spanish music comes up on the radio and I just listened to it, even though I don't know much about Spanish. I jammed with the music and stopped at a nearby Subway to grab myself something to eat for dinner.

I turned off the engine and went inside the fast food restaurant. The cashier greets me once I entered and I ordered myself some Pizza sub with cheese and a large sprite. I then paid for my order and waited.

Once I received my order, I thank the cashier and bid my goodbyes. I exited the restaurant and headed back inside my car. I placed the food on the passenger seat, hoping that the food and the beverage won't fall from the seat, making the car smell.

I started the engine once again and buckled up. I was about to leave when I saw Cayden enter the Subway restaurant, I furrowed my eyebrows for some unknown reason, wondering why is he there. I then chose to ignore it and just started driving back home.

***

Once I got back home, I parked my car outside the garage. After I was done parking my car, I exited the car and locked it. I walked towards the front porch and heard a couple of laughs just as I was about to get inside.

The laughs were so loud, it made me cringe for some unknown reason. I searched inside my bag for the house keys and once I found them, I hurriedly inserted it inside the key hole and unlocked the door.

The laugh started getting louder and it made me want to cover my ears in total shock and annoyance. I walked inside, closed the front door behind me. I try to walk past the living room fast but my presence was just felt by my mother.

"Oh honey, you're home! Want to join us?" She asked. I then stopped tip toeing, stood up straight and looked at her straight into the eyes and shake my head in reply to say no.

"I have something to do," I said as I adjusted the strap of my bag.  She then drinks the red wine that she's holding in her hands and just nodded her head.

"I see. I wanted to introduce you to"

My phone suddenly starts ringing, cutting my mom's word short. "I really need to finish my school work, I'll probably meet him next time," I said. I then pulled out my phone inside my pocket and slide the button to answer the call.

While I was walking upstairs, I heard Amelia's warm greeting, making me plaster a smile on my face by just hearing how joyful she is. "Can I get a hoyeahhhhh?" She said loudly, making me distance my phone from my ears as I cringe at her.

I entered my room and placed my bag down on my bedside table. I then took out some comfortable clothes out of my closet as I talk to Amelia, "What's up? You sound very hyper and happy today," I said.

"Well, I am because the Principal just announced that there will be no classes next week!" She shouted, making me distance the phone from my ear once again and rolled my eyes playfully at how weird she is.

"Probably, it's because of spring break," I said as I roll my eyes at her. By just mentioning spring break, it makes me so happy. I'm quite excited to spend my spring break outside my house and not always inside my house even though sometimes I find it very fun and boring at the same time.

As a high school student, it's not like it's required to have fun with your friends during breaks and spend it outdoors, It's just... you'll feel like your life isn't complete because you lack fun. You'll always feel hesitant at times and tell yourself that "I should've gone with them."

Trust me, I've been there.

"Let's go shopping the day after tomorrow!" She squeals and I can't help but roll my eyes at her once again.

"For what exactly?" I questioned and there was a long pause after I asked that, I can already sense that she just rolled her eyes at me.

"Duh, for our clothes! We have nothing to wear, dummy." She said and I can't help but chuckle at her. Amelia and her never-ending shopping trips to Forever 21, New Yorker and Aéropostale.

"Not me. I have tons of clothes here, I can just pack those up and wear"

"Eshh... Shut up. You're not bringing any of that disgusting clothes. We'll be buying new ones that can show off your style. Don't bury or hide that style of yours, it needs to break free." She said and I just chuckled at how jejune she is.

"Fine," I give in. It's not like I want to try a new style, it's just... You just gotta live once, you know. YOLO and I'm willing to try any possibilities in my life, even if it includes damaging my reputation to have fun.

Well, not really damage my reputation for good. Probably, for just a day or so. Here in high school, people need to learn how to be free, like a bird, soaring high up in the sky. Bring out the best in you that others haven't seen before. Be that kind of person who you want to be, don't ever fake it.

"Great, see you then!" Amelia said, I then murmur to myself and she ended the call a few seconds after that. I placed my phone on my bed, grabbed a towel to take a refreshing bath. I entered the bathroom and stripped down all of my clothes.

I then hopped in the shower and turned on the faucet, adjusting it to a normal temperature. Once I was done taking a refreshing shower, I hopped out, turned off the faucet and dry myself up with my fluffy white towel.

I then wore some comfortable clothes and went towards my closet to grab a comb to brush my hair. When I finished brushing my hair, I hang my wet towel inside the bathroom and walked towards my working table and turned on my laptop.

I started searching scholarships online and suddenly, my phone makes this weird noise and heard it buzzed at the same time. I stood up from the chair and went to grab my phone to check who texted me and saw that Ethan left me a message a few minutes ago but I received it late.

I think something's wrong with my phone.

Ethan <7:48 pm, Thursday> Hey, I need to talk to you about something.

I wonder to myself if I should reply with a "Yeah, what is it?" or reply "I'm busy." but if I did tell him that I'm busy, it would sound a bit harsh, don't you think? 

Hailey <7:50 pm, Thursday> Yeah sure, what is it?

I sent him. I then turned off my phone and placed it on my working table as I continue to surf on the internet. When I caught something on the internet, my eyes widen. It made me happy at the same time and very confusing.

Receive an Extra 50% off All Menu Priced Pizzas. 

That sounds like a great deal to me. My phone suddenly rings and buzzed at the same time, I then took it and slide to unlock the new message from Ethan. 

Ethan <7:51 pm, Thursday> Let's meet up.

And for that, I didn't hesitate but to just agree to it. I grabbed my car keys, wore an oversized hoodie and changed my PJ's into comfortable skinny black jeans. I grabbed my phone with me and rushed down stairs and left the house in just a few seconds.

***

Hello again! I'm so sorry if it took me one week to update ONE chapter and my sincere apologies. I've been going through so much... School and relationships suck both at the same time. So yeah, here it is...

I hope you guys liked this new chapter or probably hate me because I made you wait for such a long time. But, don't you worry... It's already here. Don't forget to like, comment your thoughts and share this story to your friends.

As always, Carry On and Happy Reading!~

- The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 61.5K 34
STORY WRITTEN IN 2016 STORY IS UNDER REVISION FOR PAPERBACK THIS STORY IS JUST A SAMPLE. NOT ALL CHAPTERS ARE POSTED HERE. WARNING: THIS STORY IS 18...
10.5K 162 73
When Jasmine Anderson crosses paths with Kaden James, a seemingly mysterious man, she feels as if a weight has finally been lifted from her hard life...
721K 24.6K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
4.8K 177 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...