ALiVE (KHR Fanfic)

By -idxris

『 Dying of Asphyxiation was seriously not my goal in life. 』 Neither was meeting a Governor of the Afterlife... More

0. Intro
1. Breathe
2. Void
3. Life
4. Fall
5. Break
6. Wail
7. Please
8. Timeskip
9. Begin!
10. Reborn!
11. Smile
12. Skylark
13. Baseball
14. Family
15. Lambo
16. Fever
17. Reception
18. Magic
19. Sawada
20. Kids
21. Found
22. Household
23. Cavallone
24. Condition
25. New Year
26. Parents
27. Hospital
28. Blossoms
29. Birth
30. Sea
31. Bazooka
32. Festival
33. Attack
34. Captured
35. Scream
36. Will
37. Stand
38. Sisters
39. Faint
40. Dream
41. Action
42. Recuperate
43. Coincidence
44. Recovered
45. Reprimand
46. Holding on
48. Walk
49. Encount
50. Cold
51. Hint
52. Rain
53. Solace
54. Subconscious
55. Bewildering
56. Summation
57. Celebration
58. Lull
59. Broker
60. Seeing
61. Chess
62. Rat
63. Rot
64. Raid
65. Explosion
66. Dread
67. Switch
68. Ruins
69. Conquer
70. Base
71. Fulfill
72. Name
73. Relation
74. Choice
75. Words
76. World
77. Act
78. Perspectives
79. Speak
80. Truth
81. Final
82. Byakuran
83. Regrets
84. Fare
85. Well
86. My
87. Sister
88. Eve
89. Gone
90. Strength
91. Zen
92. Settle
93. Rose
94. Melancholy
95. Neutral
96. Wimp
97. Staccato
98. Strangle
99. Perception
100. Vindice
101. Juncture
102. Drag
103. Migraine
104. Seclude
105. Spill
106. Curse
107. Pride
108. Worth
109. Progression
110. Almost There
111. Proxy
112. Identity
113. Go
114. Closure
115. His
116. Endure
117. Overcome
118. Kazane
119. Meaning
120. Montage
121. Path
122. Reform
123. Sunrise
124. Decision
125. Recognition
126. Resolution [END]

47. Lost

5.1K 333 24
By -idxris

47. Lost

"And, we're all done!" Nana said, satisfied. She tossed the uneused bandages and scissors back into the first aid box and closed it, standing back up to tuck it back into the closet.

"Thank you, Sawada Mama." I nodded my head in substitute for a bow.

"Oh, it's alright!" she assured me, "Tsu-kun trips over and hurts himself often too, so I'm more than happy Iemitsu-san found you where you were!"

-

In the Sawada Household and in their living room, I sat on the couch, looking down.

"Rei-nii, okay?" I-pin spoke up towards me, her high-pitched tone surprising me.

I turned towards her, giving her the best smile I could muster-- which wasn't a very happy one-- and chuckled dryly. I didn't know what to say.

"Reei," Lambo called, beside my leg, "Why are you so weak?"

I put a hand at his head, patting it slightly in attempt to soothe myself. "Sorry, Lambo," I tried, "Rei-chan's just too weak for his own good."

At that, Lambo seemed to beam, "Then, don't worry! Lambo-san's just gonna get stronger enough to protect you! You can count on Lambo-san, y'know?"

"I-pin too!" the girl jumped up to the other side of me.

At their declaration, I cracked into a smile. "Thanks a ton, you two."

I felt a weight on my head. It shook my head slightly, but the little dizziness faded off quickly. I turned my eyes upwards, straining to see-- and found a very familiar infant on my head.

"Ciaossu, Rei." Reborn greeted. "So, what happened to you?"

I wasn't sure if Reborn was angry or amused, because his squeaky voice was just as comedical as ever. Scratching the back of my head, I let out a chuckle.

"Nothing much," I deny.

I was going to lie again-- I was going to tell him I tripped, like what I told Iemitsu and Nana.

"I-" I found my voice stuck to the back of my throat. My head turned down, and I bit my lip, "I just-"

I brushed my bangs aside--

I brushed my bangs aside, tucking them behind my ears.

They weren't staying up--

"I got into a fight," I admitted to Reborn, feeling the back of my eyes sting as tears threatened to fall, "And- I lost my hair pins, that's all."

I lost them.

I lost the hair pins.

It took me so long to notice. I was so obsessed with Ninomiya Rei's failures, I failed to realize what it took away from me. And now that I've calmed down from the raging, vengeful phase, I began to realize the most obvious things.

I lost the hair pins.

I lost Drew's hair pins--

I'm so sorry-

I'm so sorry, Drew.

I'm so sorry.

It's all my fault-- if only I- If only I didn't lose against those bastards-

-

I felt an incredibly hard smack across my uninjured cheek.

I was snapped back to reality, cringing at my throbbing head, moaning at the incredible migraine that shot up. Holding my cheek, I turn to the infant that now sat on my lap.

"Uh," I tried to sound normal, but the whiny crying was in my voice. "Reborn, why'd you kick me?" I wiped a stray tear from my eye, worrying if I'd gained another bruise.

"You were being irritatingly cowardly," Reborn said in a matter-of-fact tone. "Start over from the beginning."

That was when I realized-- Reborn's painful smack had restarted all my senses. I felt calm now-- not sad, not scared, not guilty and not vengeful.

I cracked a smile.

Thanks, Reborn.

-----

"This is Fuuta!" Lambo introduced to me.

Fuuta walked up to me nervously, but build up the courage and smiled, "Nice to meet you, Rei-san!" he greeted politely.

I swooned. "Hi there, Fuuta-kun!" I greet, "We kinda met at Kokuyo Land, didn't we?"

He seemed to flinch, surprised at the mention, but nodded.

"So," I stopped and I smiled.

I smirked mischievously.

"So," I started again, in a slightly lowered tone, "You're the Ranking Prince, eh?"

Fuuta face at that moment was of utter mortification, but he quickly composed himself, sighed, and replied with a soft "Yes."

"Wow," came an older man's gruff tone. Iemitsu hung around the entrance of the kitchen, leaning against the wall and eyeing me with interest. His arms were crossed, and a delighted smirk was on his face.

I stood up quickly. "Oh, Iemitsu-san." I addressed with a polite bow, "Thank you so much for bringing me over."

Iemitsu chuckled at that. "Well, aren't you a polite one?"

I lifted my head with a smile. "Pardon my late introduction. I'm Ninomiya Rei." I introduced myself. "I didn't know Tsuna-san had a Father." I chuckled childishly, "Oh, no offense, of course."

Reborn decided to settle himself on my shoulder.

"Well, aren't you a bright child?" Iemitsu sounded amused.

I smirked. "Nice to meet you, sir Lion of the Vongola." I held in a chortle this time as his eyes narrowed in hostility, and Reborn smirked in amusement. "I'm part of Tsuna's Family-- or, at least, I currently assume myself to be."

I had my hands held in the butler bow Drew always did at the end of her shows-- and I wore the sly simper she always wore when she had something fun in plan.

Iemitsu, although wary, held on to a small smile out of politeness. "Has anyone ever mentioned that you're sickeningly cheerful?" he joked.

He didn't sound like he meant any offense, so I stood back up straight, my lips pulled into a line curved slightly upwards.

"Well," Iemitsu sighed, and settled down right beside me.

...I thought he was suspicious of me?

He gave me a warm, fatherly grin. "So, kid, tell me about Tsuna and his new Family, would'ja?"

That gesture of kindness made me feel oh, so elated.

"Sure!" I plopped down beside him.

------

-----

"Magic?" Iemitsu repeats, unsure if he'd heard right.

"Yep!" I nod, "I'm a Magician, and I'm pretty popular!" I brag, feeling a little proud of myself.

"That's an understatement!" Fuuta cuts in, "Rei-san's ranked #31 in being a great magician!" he explains, and instantly, Iemitsu's attention was drawn to me.

"Eh??" I shriek, "Really? That's awesome!"

And really-- wow. 31? Out of... how many? Nevertheless, that was incredible, Even better than I thought. It seems like an exaggeration, but-

 "He has potential." Reborn interrupted, speaking to Iemitsu, "He was interesting, so I invited him into the Mafia."

"I see." Iemitsu responds.

"Rei, show me Magic!" Lambo suddenly demands.

"Magic!" I-pin agrees.

"Me too! I want to see it too!" Fuuta cheers.

"Huh??" I whine, "No but-"

"You won't?" Fuuta latches onto me, looking up at me, teary eyed. His dear little puppy dog eyes seemed to me a lost, abandoned animal--

I sigh. "Alright," I conceded defeat.

-----

-----

"We'll walk Rei-san home!" Fuuta assured.

"Leave it to Lambo-san!" the cow child piped up.

"I-pin too!" chimed the girl.

reborn had gone out for something in the middle of my Magic Show, so only the kids were free now. With Lambo on my head, Fuuta holding my hand and I-pin trotting at my right, I stood outside the Sawada Household, bowing in thanks again.

"Thanks a lot for patching me up." I said politely, "It was nice talking to you, Iemitsu-san."

The sun was setting soon, and because of the time and the absence of people in my house, the kids volunteered to walk me home.

(Sae and Sui, in fact, were at a study camp. Dad was, again, out on a trip.)

"Oh, no problems!" Iemitsu grinned, "Always glad to have you around!"

Iemitsu was a welcoming man. Kind and fatherly, he was open and bold, but probably not a bad guy at heart. That was my opinion of him, at least.

I looked at the arrangement around me.

Fuuta, Lambo, I-pin.

And Iemitsu in front of me.

I smiled.

"Iemitsu-san," I spoke, using a softer, deeper tone than before.

The man narrowed his eyes in alarm.

I simpered in response, putting a finger at my lips.

"Please, do watch out for thunderstorms tonight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 569 31
[Katekyo Hitman Reborn: UNDER EDITING] Sawada Mitsuki, Tsuna's twin sister. Pretty, smart, and troublesome. Now joining in the story of Tsunayoshi a...
149K 6.8K 51
Koro died, killed by his students. A satisfying death. --- "Did you plan on betraying us from the start?" Koro blinked. "I didn't have anything to lo...
472K 20.6K 116
Book 1: [C O M P L E T E D] *Under Editing* KHR fanfic: "Well sh*t, I just died..." A girl was killed due to a unfortunate event, reality and fiction...
136K 5.5K 70
All it took was a plane crash, and Kise Ryota was no more. Strangely enough, he didn't feel sadness, only regret. Regret for not checking his engine...