HIM

By sroses90

Ever had the feeling you were worth more than you gave your self credit for. He made me feel when I use to be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
LETS HAVE A CHAT
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Author's Note

Chapter 27

798 34 1
By sroses90

Same day.

Jen and I had spend the whole afternoon with Sofia, just lounging around the pool while drinking champagne and joking around. Although I was having a good time, I could not stop thinking about the information I had got about the Hearings family. I was shocked since I had not even know Amber had a child. That to me was the most surprising news because I thought how she kept her daughter private due to being embarrassed or feeling guilty for having her after experiencing trauma by getting rape by someone she knew.

I thought about Amber relationship with James even more and continued to understand her dislike for her brother. I just felt really bad for her. Who could really go through something like that and really be okay with it. I was really at a lost of words.

After getting home from Sofia, I went to my room to lay down as I felt a headache coming on from drinking the two glass of champagne. Jen was definitely drunk as she kept throwing them back trying to hang with Sofia who was drinker that saw no limit.

It was around 5:30pm when I decided to cook the dinner I had promise my father. I got the steak ready to go in the oven before putting the potatoes in the boiling water I had on the stove. I sautéed the string beans then the corn after.

By the time I was done with dinner it was after 7pm. I started to set the table when my father walked through the door.

"Hey Chloe" My dad said with a tired look on his face

"Hey Daddy, how was work?" I asked as I set the table for 4 people

"It was long but I'll be okay kid." He said as he raffled my hair

"Dad stop that!" I giggled at his silliness

"You girls and your hair" he joked as he walked out the kitchen and up the stairs

Chris came down the stairs minutes later like he just woke up

"You made steak Chlo?"

"Yes and vegetables  as per daddy request because you don't eat any" I said smiling at him because I knew how much he hated vegetables

"Because it's disgusting" he said as he sat down and replied to text messages on his phone

"Well you better eat it cause that's what I made"

"Yeah" he said but still was not paying attention to me

Suddenly the door bell rung. Moving to answer the door, I was surprised to see James standing on the other end. He had dark blue slacks on with a light blue button up shirt which he rolled up the sleeves and missing his tie with some buttons at the top open. His hair was still perfectly together and his 5 o'clock shadow was coming in.

"Is there a reason why your phone goes straight to voicemail?" He asked with a angry face

"I blocked you since you did not understand we are broken up" I said calmly but I could see the anger written all over his face

"Chloe I would like to make it up to you"

"Can you just give me space ?"

"No I can not give you space "

"Then we have nothing to talk about here then" I said getting upset because he was not listening to me

As I started to close the door, James put his feet in not allowing me to fully close it. James placed his hand on the door and pushed back.

"Are you really gonna close the door on me Chloe ? Stop acting like a child" he said looking down on me.

"Your the child that is not listening to one word I said. Leave me alone James" I said yelling a bit

He smiled at me like I had just told him something great, "you know you want me to do somethings to you that's why your acting like that."

"What?" I said to him with a confused look on my face

"You missed me, didn't you?" He asked as his hand gently stroked my cheek and I felt the electricity from his skin on my mines

"No" I said in a firm voice to him

"Right" he said as he pulled me to his face and gave me a kiss softly

The kiss was everything I could've dreamed of. I moaned into his mouth as our tongue moved around. I was lost in the kiss for a minute, did not come back to my senses until I heard someone clear their throat behind me. Turning around I saw Chris behind me with his right eyebrow lift.

"You ready for dinner? Dad is ready" he said looking at me and not acknowledging James who was behind me

"Yeah I'm coming in a minute Chris" I said before turning back to James. "I have to go James, my family is waiting for me"

"So your not coming over to the apartment?"

"No I'm not" I said looking at him with a straight face

"Did I do something to you?" He asked with a sad look in his eyes

"I just want space from you for a while that's all"

"How much space are we talking? Chloe your getting me upset honestly."

"I just need a couple of days" I said looking at him feeling as if he was manipulating me

"Your gonna regret this space you want when you realize you need me" he said then Walked off

Closing the door, I returned to my family who were waiting for me at the dinner table. I was going to tune out the issues at had with James the best way I could.

------
4 days later
Thursday
Chloe

I had not had much contact with James since he showed up at my house on Sunday. He sent me flowers on Monday with another note attached which I also let the instruction of coming to the apartment go unanswered. Tuesday he sent me gifts from Tiffany & Co. which I refused when the delivery came but James just sent the person back to deliver it with a strong message to not refuse it. Wednesday I had not received anything so Thursday it was a bit of a shock to find Amber at my door with Lunch.

"Hey" I said surprise to see her at my house

"I know, my brother has totally been down my throat that I get you to come over and he tried to blackmail me if I did not come" she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes he's a jerk so I already know he deserves it. But I got us lunch from Taos so we can talk about it" she said as she walked into my home

Amber walked into my home as if she had been there already before. She found the kitchen quickly and started to take the food out the bag.

"I wasn't sure what you liked so I got a little of almost everything with James credit card. I mean he just doesn't know what he got himself into by giving me his card!" She laughed causing me to laugh too.

My smile or laugh must have been a dead give away because she said, "what's wrong with you? Your being weird again"

I could not hold it in any longer and just blurt it out, "why didn't you tell me about your daughter?"

"What? Who told you about Ally?"

"I just googled it and it was suggested. I wasn't sure but yeah" I said lying to her

She looked at me as if she did not believe me, "I don't like to talk about my daughter because I want to protect her at all cost. She's just a sensitive topic and I don't know people's intentions just like I didn't know her fathers intentions"

"I'm sorry it happened to you" I said sympathizing with her

"Yeah at least I got my daughter so it was not all bad"

"You didnt press charges?"

"I wanted to but my father thought it would be bad for business. Can you believe that? And my brother agreed, yet another reason why I hate my brother. I'm really not sure why you are with him, the best advise I could give you is stay away!" She said looking up from the counter she had been staring at.

"I broke up with him because he was too controlling"

"Yeah I think so too"

"But I care and like for him deeply" I said sounding unsure

"Your just gonna learn the hard way" she said as she opened up the containers of food

"I'm not sure what I should do"

"You should leave him alone Chloe. Your a nice girl. I'd hate to see your life get ruin because of my brother"

"Yeah I won't let that happen"

"That's what they all say but who knows. Lets vote to make this a girls night. Forget about my stupid brother"

Smiling at her I said, "sure "

That night, I felt like me and Amber got closer as friends but I also question my relationship with James even more.

-----
A/N
Thoughts ?, Comments? Let's hear it before the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 5.3K 27
"I can't just be your mistress anymore, I have feelings that I know you will never understand." She turns and buries her face into her hands. Arms r...
111K 3K 38
"Not being able to fall in love even though you want it so bad." Lenna's life in college is almost finishing and she hoped for one thing in her life:...
1.4M 52.9K 49
Others carved her past, she was now deciding her future. But was she living? The memories that haunted her determine each decision she made until he...
2.8M 86K 58
When a bubbly farmer Faye gets sent on a mission by her best friend, the infamous journalist Elizabeth Venice. Faye finds herself in New York City, o...