Bound Together (editing)

By zjmfatty

Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friend... More

Bound Together
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Important Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue
Spin Off Fun Facts & Last Authors Note
SPIN OFF & TRAILER
new beginnings and story

Chapter 22

6K 178 26
By zjmfatty

Jayce

"You are the person I care so much about, and still do by the way."

The feelings mutual Alex. She cares about me, Alexandria Simmons cares about me.

Should I head down to the school's football field and walk off pumping my fist in the air?

Breakfast Club references are always the best references.

I stared at her, dumbfounded as to why she chose now to tell me. Why she chose my brother's hospital's room to tell me that she did indeed care for me like I cared for her?

I opened my mouth to reveal to her that I too cared about her, probably way more than she cared about me, but someone interrupted, how coincidental.

"Jason, what the hell happened to him?"

I looked in the direction of the door to see my father, in all his glory. The suit he wore was tailored to fit him, yet it made me cringe at how formal looking he looked. I mean we're at a hospital for crying out loud.

I noticed Alex's confused expression when my father called me Jason, I scowled whenever he used my legal name to sound more professional, as if I were one of his business clients.

I glanced towards the doctor, but unfortunately I hadn't even noticed that he had left.

Jacob was just lying on the bed, watching some show that was on the TV hung up on the wall.

"Why don't you just ask him yourself?" I said, trying to hide my rude tone, but failed miserably.

He glanced around the dull room in disgust, scowling at the simple and plain beddings of the hospital bed. He then noticed Alex, who was sitting right beside me. His face went blank as he addressed her, "And who might this young lady be?"

She then stood up and offered him a hand, "I'm Alexandria Simmons, it's really nice to meet you sir."

I stifled a laugh when she said sir, what a kiss ass

My father shook her hand firmly, having a look of recognition on his face, "Simmons? Ah, your Matthew and Lauren's daughter, along with your brother Cameron, am I correct?"

She nodded with a tight-lipped smile on her face.

He gave her an approving look, which I was glad for. Not that I cared about my dad's opinion on the girl I liked, but if he liked her, it'd be easier to have her around him without any tension, besides the obvious tension there is between him and I.

He then turned towards Jacob, who was now eating a cup of jell-o nonchalantly, as if nothing had occurred, "So how did this happen?"

"I ran into a pole," he answered with a mouth full of gelatin, not bothering to glance away from the TV.

My dad's face twisted into some angry looking one, kind of like the Hulk, well that was what it looked like to me, "How can you be so stupid Jacob? A pole, really? Do you know how much money this will cost me?"

I scoffed, placing the now empty cup down, "As if you of all people need help with money right now." 

He shot me a cold look, silently telling me to shut it, "I don't care about your opinion Jason. As of now, all I'm concerned about is the fact that your little brother was stupid enough to run into a damn pole! Don't you have any common sense Jacob?"

Alex looked a bit awkward, shifting from each foot, "Uh, I apologize for interrupting, but I think should get back to my friend."

She grabbed the two cans of soda that she bought, and made her way towards the door but not before bidding us a goodbye, "It was nice meeting you Mr. Reynolds. I hope you get better Jacob, and I'll see you around Jayce."

She walked out the door, silently closing it behind her. I was about to go after her to tell her how I felt, when my fathers voice boomed throughout the room, "Where do you think you're going Jason?"

I huffed, balling my fists up, "Can you please not call me by that name? You know how much I despise it."

His face had a confused expression plastered on, "It's your legal name, therefore, I am obligated to call you that."

"No one else is obligated to call me that, I've went by Jayce since I was a little kid."

"That was your mothers choice, not mine," He replied. "I don't want to have this argument right now. I'm more concerned about your brother."

My eyes felt like they popped out of its sockets.

I glanced towards Jacob, who had finally taken his eyes off the television screen, and laughed bitterly in my fathers face, "You're concerned about me? Oh please, don't give me that bullshit."

"Watch your language young man!" He scolded.

Jacob scoffed, tossing the TV remote carelessly on the bed, "I don't give a shit about what you want me to do anymore dad, I gave up on you a long time ago. You don't care about me, all you care about is having a perfect son. That obviously didn't work out so well for Wesley, look where he is now! And you just stopped caring for him because he didn't live up to your impossible expectations."

My dad was now growing furious, "Now wait just a second son, I-"

"Then, you just moved onto the next son there is – Jayce! You don't care dad, all you want in life is someone to run the family business, well news flash, no one wants to take over your company because that's not what any of us want in life. I may only be 14 years old, but I'm old enough to see through Jayce's lies to you. He tells you that he'll do what you want, and that he'll take your company over, he even did as you said to do, to join the football team at school, yeah that's cool being on a sports team, but forcing him to do so isn't what a father does."

"Look, you have no right to bring up Wesley in this type of situation. He made that decision on his own, I had nothing to do with what stupid mistake he made."

I looked towards Jacob, who was breathing very heavily, as if he were about to burst, "You didn't have to do anything dad, you caused all that to happen. Everything with his girlfriend, his schooling, his decisions that night were based off of what you did to him, and we lost him because of that!"

Jacob and Wesley were so close, which is why this subject was so touchy for my little brother. Don't get me wrong, we were all inseparable, but Jake always looked up to Wesley as if he were his role model or even a father figure since he was always scared of our own when he was little. So I understood why Jacob was so defensive whenever it came to him. 

"What gave you the right to talk to me this way?" Our dad asked in an intimidating tone.

"I have a question myself," My little brother remarked, "Who taught you how to be a father?"

Our dad's jaw was clenched, his body became tense. He adjusted his tailored jacket, his lips in a grim line.

I knew this look – this was the expression my father had before he burst out into a yelling fit, and trust me when he's angry, you'd probably want to run away.

I gently pushed back my dad, trying to get him as far away from Jacob as possible, "I think you should go."

He looked taken back, "Excuse me? I'm the adult here, I decide who goes and who stays."

I almost laughed at his immatureness, "That may be true, but this is Jacob's hospital room, so he gets to decide who stays in here, and as of right now I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you in here. So I suggest you get out while you still can, willingly."

Our father still hadn't moved from his spot, so I decided to take a more physical action, "Fine, I'll just get someone who'll make you leave. Mom."

Storming out the room, I caught something out of the corner of my eyes, leaning against the door to Jacob's room.

I dropped my head down, staring at the porcelain floor, "How much did you hear?"

She lifted my head up, sending me a small smile, "Enough to know that you've probably went through a lot, especially with your father and Wesley."

She was definitely telling the truth, she did care about me.

-

Alexandria 

Colton had decided to spend the night with his dad, which meant that I needed a ride home. And since I knew nobody at this hospital, my only option was hitching a ride from Jayce, and that's exactly why I was eavesdropping outside of Jacob's hospital room.

"You know, we don't have to talk about what I heard back there," I said, in a matter of fact tone. My thoughts about that begged to differ. I really wanted to know what happened between his father and Wesley, and what the whole family business thing was about.

He raised an eyebrow, whilst taking my hand, leading us to a row of chairs placed against the wall. He sighed, and tapping his hands against his knees out of nervousness, "What story should I tell first, the feud with my dad, or the mysterious tale about my older brother Wesley?"

"Hmm," I jokingly thought aloud, "your choice."

He grinned, "I honestly think that you don't know me well enough."

My eyebrows furrowed, "What does that have to do with anything?"

His eyes met mine, rubbing his hands together, "Just listen, and you'll understand everything you overheard back there."

I nodded, allowing him to continue.

He sighed, and leaned forward in his chair, "My full legal name is Jason Oliver Reynolds. I was a bit of a troublemaker in school, so whenever I'd get caught doing the bad deed, I'd hear 'Jason this,' or 'Jason that', so I just decided to go by Jayce, which was fine by my mother, but to my dad, the big shot CEO of the family business, he disapproved of it. My father was someone who loved things that were formal, professional - he loved having things so perfect."

His bitter laugh filled the hall, "That's what broke this family, my father's tendencies of having things so perfect. You see, since my family consists of three sons and only one daughter, it's been a long time plan for one of us to take over the family company. So, obviously the first one up for this is the oldest, Wesley. Him and I are 6 years apart. He had his life going for him, you know? Star student in high school, had the perfect girlfriend, so many good friends, and loved playing lacrosse. See, unlike me, he went to Briarhill, this really prestigious boarding school in northern California. He only spent one year at Hartwell and decided he didn't really like it. He was the captain of the lacrosse team and basically had the perfect life in his eyes – that was until my dad stepped into the picture."

-

Authors Note: 

Sorry for the aburpt ending and for the short chapter, i just really needed to update because i started feeling guilty, so there you have it

VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE 

Until next time, 

- queenfreakco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
1.1K 69 50
In the icy corridors of Bluebell Charter academy, and when something drastic happens that lands 16 people as the polices top suspects and they all ha...
129K 3.2K 32
Football / Soccer COMPLETED AND BEING EDITED This is how it all started: "I dare you Skye Chance to join the boys Soccer team in disguise as a boy...