Furious Hearts

By ENI-scribe

"E... Eddie..." She stuttered breathlessly. With his fingers prodding her womanly folds, he groaned. "Yes bea... More

author's note
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
A/N
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
epilogue

chapter forty six

4.3K 222 7
By ENI-scribe

The men settled on the plush sofas at the VIP section in company of the house's models. Those boney ones with endless legs, long hair, extra long lashes, exaggerated dazzling smiles and extremely tactile. One whose breasts were almost pouring out of her tiny, satin, red dress batted her lashes at them as she poured them drinks ensuring to lean unnecessarily low to showcase the low plunge of her neckline.

"Come sit with me sexy." One man coaxed lazily, his eyes trained hungrily on the balloons surging out. The woman smiled and obeyed. She sat next to another woman who was all over the man. The particular section was rather dark with strobe lights occasionally flickering over the marooned private area.

Two men basking in the adoration of four women each, sipping the most expensive champagne available in the classy house was a normal scene in the club. With the occasional groping and literally making out in the VIP section, they were seemingly two sturdy, overly good-looking wealthy men having the time of their lives. "I missed this man." The man who was currently twirling his finger around a redhead's hair commented.

"Of course you would. Whatever had you thinking you were ready to settle down just yet?" His friend asked without looking at him. He was busy ogling the scantily clad thighs rubbing off him.

"I don't know man. I just thought Gina was the one. Which is laughable because I'm married already."

His friend chuckled before sipping from his flute. He trailed his finger along the woman rubbing off him then turned to his friend. "Maybe you ought to try make things work with your wife. Regina is something, you can't even deny. In addition to that sexy British accent there's that submission she used to have."

" No Nick. She changed, tremendously. She's no longer that sweet Gina she used to be, she's Regina now. She's cold and heartless."

Nick clumped his hand on a wandering one before it could reach his crotch and smiled at the eager female. He winked at her then glared at his friend. "I know you Eddie. Enough to know that you were searching for your Regina in Gina Marshall. Something you didn't find and now you're miserable and alone after Marshall broke it off with you. Which you shouldn't be because your wife is back and you can have her back."

Sighing in contentment, Eddie slumped into the couch. Two hands from different women massaged his abs over his shirt while the another pair worked his thighs. He seemed to be in deep thoughts only to be brought out of his trance by a fingertip messing with his waistline where his trousers began. Sitting upright, he pried all the hands away without coming off rude. He met his friend's gaze and smirked. "You know me so well. I'd give my right hand and leg if guaranteed another chance with Regina. My Regina not that empty shell she's turned herself into."

Nick nodded. "Why don't you call her?"

"Because I don't know how to reach her and she'll never forgive me for replacing her." Eddie responded dryly. He downed the rest of his glass's contents and fixed his tie. "If it were that easy I wouldn't be here with escorts..." With a serious tone he added. "I would be with her."

***

She raced down to the door halting only at the parking lot. Breathless and panting, she shook her head as if that would clear her wild thoughts. She must have misheard them or maybe she heard what it was she desperately wanted, needed to hear.

"...I'd give my right hand and leg if guaranteed to have her back. My Regina not that empty shell she's turned herself into."

"...I would be with her."

He still wanted her. Eddie still loved her as much as she loved him! But why had he been so cold with her the moment he lay his eyes on her? Why had he cursed and rebuked her like the plague?

"...she changed, tremendously. She's no longer that sweet Gina she used to be. She's Regina now.
She's cold and heartless."

Her lips slowly curled into a smile. It felt strange, surreal and amazing at the same time. It had been years since she'd smiled genuinely and for her own happiness. Nothing compared to the feeling in her heart in that moment. Knowing that he loved her, that he still cared for her after all those years. The knowledge of having him again and all to herself made her soul soar and heart swell overwhelmingly with love. An emotion Regina Bernstein only familiarized herself with because of the man sitting in the dark VIP section inside the club. If not for him she would have resigned herself to a life of a pauper and prostitute despite her unwillingness to do so, back in Britain where she was nothing but a pawn to the ruthless games of vultures. Both men and women used her, differently but disgustingly. Only he had seen her as a precious stone worth being sheltered in a delicate place. His heart. It hadn't been her will to stab him in the back. There were unavoidable circumstances and the fact that fate never wished her well.

That was then. Now she'd become strong, stronger than they'd expected. But if that strength was elaborated as coldness and heartlessness by the only man that had ever mattered to her; it had to go. She would be exactly what Eddie wanted if only to make up for all the pain she'd caused him. She would be submissive. It mattered not as long as she had him like it were meant to be.

Even if it resorted to biting the master's hand.

Regina wasn't naive though. If she was to make life changing sacrifices for the love of her life, she had to make sure it was worth it. Deserved.

With a destination in mind, she slipped into her car and sped down the road. It had been too long since she felt jittery or nervous. She was doing a bad job at hiding it but determinedly tried because she was standing right in front of the enemy. One that she didn't take lightly. She still recalled the woman departing from Eddie's penthouse condominium and the three hour stay hadn't gone unnoticed. Regina wasn't taking any chances of being played. Her love for him wasn't going to blind her but if the coast was clear, his bitch mistress wasn't going to stop their reunion. Especially not after that little confession she overheard.

Ignoring the protesting secretary, Regina barged inside the office. "The only witch I know that functions in a grand office at seven p.m. at night." The smirk on her lips felt ridiculously triumphant.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I tried to stop her but_"

"That's alright Cindy. You may call it a day today. Be on time tomorrow for that partners briefing. And on your way out send security up here." It was Gina's professional interruption. Cindy nodded briskly before shooting Regina a look, she bid Gina goodnight and scurried away. Gina's gaze averted to the smirking devil incarnate. A saccharine smile crept on her lips. "I see you missed me fellow witch."

Regina found their similarities remarkably mesmerising. From their sass and arrogance to their determined spirits and calm composure. Their love for Eddie and loathe for each other. They'd have been best friends if the man in question was nonexistent and if Regina didn't battle the urge to shoot her every time she laid her eyes on her. She knew the feeling was mutual. "You and I have a remarkable sense of understanding for each other."

Gina's response sounded like they were long time acquaintances. "Of course we do, if you are referring to the overwhelming need to throw up the minute I'm subjected to your presence."

The Briton burst out laughing. "Of course. That and the fact that you need to keep your legs closed for my husband now that I'm back for the role."

It was a battle of words. Nonetheless, Gina wasn't one for losing. "I dumped him the second I learnt he was spoilt goods."

Regina's fists clenched at her side, the urge to throttle the nemesis accelerating. Masking her anger with a smirk she spoke. "Says the woman who sneaked into his penthouse in a whore's attire." She tilted her head. "Leather was it?"

A rapturous sadistic laughter reverberated through the tension filled office. "Are you stalking me darling?" Darling was mimicked in the Englishman accent. Gina flattened her palm over her chest theatrically. "I'm honoured malady."

"You are not denying you've been prancing around with my husband like a cheap whore?" Regina countered almost unperturbed. Almost.

Gina wanted to deny it. But that would make her a liar and she wasn't surpassing a chance to irk the heck out of the enemy. "Apparently no." She sighed dramatically. "I had to have him one last time. The man is an Adonis right?" She interrupted the counterattack and continued her tone pitiful. "But of course you wouldn't remember it has been ages. Three years I hear?"

Finally Regina lost it and slammed her fists on the huge mahogany work desk between them. "Listen to me you shameless cheap harlot... he's mine. Don't test my patience because it is as thin as your filthy hair strand. One foot close to him and I'll kill you."

The other woman sighed in boredom. "Coming from a woman who disregarded her matrimonial vows I'll be kind enough to let the threat slip, but insulting me in my premises will only do you so much harm. Save your tantrums for your husband because I'm done with him."

"You_"

"Just make sure you're not back for the money because I'm taking it all. Everything attached to my company. It's all mine and I'm taking it back. Now carry your trashy classless self out of here."

"I'll have the last laugh in this."

A compassionate Gina turned to the head security guard and his men as they entered her office. "Um, Toddy kindly show this woman the psychiatric office building next to ours. Her head is dysfunctional so she missed it."

The other woman lunged at her but was captured by the guards. "Why you_"

"No need to thank me. I know it's difficult for mad people." Gina brushed her off matter-of-factly.

More drama. Keep voting and commenting. It's appreciated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

923 38 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
35M 1.3M 77
COMPLETED. "Look, if you're-" "Shut up." I was taken back at the sudden manner in which he spoke to me. "Let's get something straight Miss Greene, I...
1M 40.7K 36
A divorced mother of three takes on a new job as the assistant of one of the wealthiest men in the United States. After working together for a very s...
1M 41.5K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...