Mending Eachother ✔

By mash_kookie

~☆ a story that revolves around an anonymous gangster and an abandoned innocent soul. the broken souls needs... More

Welcome 🎈
1|Shut the fu** up.
2|My first loss.
3|Oh No, Not again!
4|Familiar pair of eyes.
5|Totally despondent
6|Why again?
7|In shock
8|Endorsing silently
9|Laila! listen to me.
10|WTH!
11|Blew off
12|In shock?
13|That I didn't expect.
14|Malignant Bastard.
15|Totally confused.
16|Entering the hell.
17|How come it's possible?
19|Startled by the scenario.
20|What's going on?
21|What I'm gonna do now?
22| Time for some fun.
23|How could he?
24|Ohh shoot! Feelings, they're coming back.
25|What's more to come now?
26|What's gonna happen next?
A Message
27|I hate you!
28|Crossing the boundaries.
29|Silence before the storm.
Sorry|Not an update.
Wait is over.
30|Was Harris changing?
31|Not without any purpose.
32|That's life.
33|Bad luck
Sorry|Not an update.
34|A bigger thriller
Back.
What's your favourite word?
35|It's coming.
Happy New year.
36|Disclosing the secrets.
37|The Past.
Author's Note.
38| The Past (2)
Author's note: Army spotted.
39|Open to truths of life.
Author's note: so it's all out.
40|She is back!
41|And the tables turned.
42|I found my happiness
BONUS: Don't miss

18|Her bad luck.

2.2K 180 152
By mash_kookie

She looked in the mirror his smile reflected from it.
A hand around her stomach made knots in it.
She closed her eyes feeling his closeness.
On opening her smile fell.
He was gone with blink of an eye.
An illusion again made her fool.

~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Laila POV:

He was moving his fingers like a pro on the keys, the delicacy in his play was making my heart go wild with each note. How could this be possible? I was literally gawking back it him like a fool.

With closed eyes and disheaveled hair falling on his face his fingers danced on the keys letting the melodious notes to raise in the air adding beauty to the silent night. I was staring him back with mesmerized look in my eyes. He was playing my favourite notes.

Past memories of my good time at warehouse hit me hard. Was he really the player? It means he lied about the warehouse, he was the real owner of it. But why he left that? Why he's living here? What's going on?

Standing along the door I let the harmonious carol absorbed in my brain. Without blinking I was staring him, for the first time I didn't loath his existance, why my heart was reacting like that, may be it's the connection of that beautiful piece of art he was playing.

So for past year I have been listening to his play. OH GOD I can't believe my ears enjoyed his play. He was looking peaceful on the seat with satisfied look plastered on his face.

The sound died within few seconds and his eyes flew open. His eyes were peaceful but with another blink they were blazing with fury. I hesitantly took a step back when he stromed in my direction and jerked my body holding my arm in his tight grip.

"What are you doing here?" He wishpered looking dizzy, his warm breath hit my face and I cringed back.

"How dare you listen to my play?" He blabbered another line trying to kept his tone steady. Was he drunk? But when he drank?

"HOW DARE YOU COME INSIDE MY HOUSE DAMMIT?" He yelled out when I pushed myself more into the wall, his monster side scared the sh*t out of me.

"Th...this is my house too", I stuttered while replying to that angry bull.

"How come it's your house?" He asked a silly question, he was not in his senses I was sure.

"I'm your wife, we're married", I hurriedly answered to clear any further confusion. His eyes narrowed when his nostrils flared.

"You? My wife? Is it some kind of a JOKE?" His volume suddenly raised when my heart accelerated more giving me sweaty palms.

"From the time you have stepped in my life it has became a mess", he blabbered with animosity.

"You're a mess who has made my life a mess", he growled when a shiver ran down my spine. An animal flickered in his eyes.

"A cunning bi*ch You're", this time he mumbled running his fingers through his hair recklessly clenching his jaws.
Dare he cursed me, I haven't done anything.

"I'll make your life a living hell where you'll come to me and beg me for death", now he stood in closed proximity where our breath exchanged. I knew tears were pooling my eyes but I was holding myself back, no I couldn't cry, not in front of him.

"Mrs. Laila Harris..huh! Even my name sounds damn stupid with yours", a humourless laugh erupted in his throat while I just blinked back the tears.

"And feed this thing in your mind you're not her, you can never be HER", he yelled out the last part and I closed my eyes feeling the thick aura around me disappeared. On witnessing his retreating bare back I heaved s sigh. Tears managed to rolled back in.

"Wife my foot", he again cursed before storming inside his room.

"HER?" My mind clicked with many thoughts. I knew that her was Inayah for whom he was mourning that day.
What she did to him that he's a such a miserable thickskinned pathetic bastard. Huh!

Why my life's way too complicated that I'm fed up of it? Ya ALLAH mercy mercy. I need it.

With his sharp words ringing in my head I instantly made way to my room, I didn't have any potential to face him.

Next morning:

Writer POV:

Hurriedly she dumped the required stuffs in her back pack and dropped it on her shoulders. Letting out some QURANIC supplication she made way out of her room to witness him busy on his damn phone with his legs on the small dinning table in the lounge. Total manerless. She just nodded her head sideways and walked inside the kitchen. Putting a piece of bread in her mouth she hurriedly gulped in the liquid. He ogled at her for a while before dragging his attention back to his phone.

She put the key of apartment in her pants pockets and left the house warming up herself for today's exam. She had little confusion in some question but whom she could ask for help, there won't be Adam anymore to give hand in problems to her. She heaved a sigh and walked inside the university building. With eyes on the book she crashed hard into someone.

"Ohh I'm sorry", his warm voice seemed raspy when he hold her arm. Blush crept up her cheeks and she hesitantly took a step back. He withdrew his hand off her arms.

"Its okay sir", she mumbled back adjusting her bag on her shoulders.

"My fault, I was lost", a small laugh left her mouth. He just smiled on her adorable gesture.

"So how's the preparation?" He asked keeping his tone as blank as possible. His heart was betraying him with each passing second.

"All good, but I have one confusion, if you can help me with that sir?" She flipped the pages of the book adjusting her spectacles.

"Sure", Adam replied, his eyes halted on the ring in her finger. Well he never witnessed that piece of jewellery on her slender fingers but that little thing bothered him. He didn't know why but it was resting in her engagement finger.

"This part and this part", her voice snapped him back to reality.

He took the book from her hand and explained her everything.

"But may I ask what are you doing here?" After thanking him she couldn't stop herself from asking.

"Well I just thought to pay visit to my students, and the visit is fruitful", his small smile was enough to take away her heart. She halted her gaze to her book.

The bell rang echoed in the whole corridor and students rushed to their respective classes for the test.

"Good luck", he mumbled with concern.

"Thank You", she bowed her head in gratitude and slowly created distance between them.

He stared her back until she was no more in his sight. With a small smile tugged to his lips he made way to his car.

From far away unknown to them, a hazel pair of eyes witnessed their small meeting and the share of their smiles. With intent look in his eyes he observed them silently until he was left alone in the whole corridor. He juggled the keys in his hands and took long strides to his bike parked in the lot.

A girl walked passed him, he lifted his eyes and stared her back, long wavy hair fell on her back, with six inches stilettos in her feet she was dressed in a professional attire. The way of her walking screamed delicacy and elegance. Why she gave such familiar vibes, he wondered.

He put his halmet on and hoped on his bike when his eyes again travelled to her, she was at little distance from him. She turned but bent, her hair fell on her face hiding the side view of it. She pushed open and door and stuffed her things in the car before she tugged the lose strands of her hair behind her ears, the earth below him seemed to dragged away abruptly that he had no time to stable himself.

"WTF", the words left his mouth and he felt as if sky was falling on his head and there's no floor below his feet, time seemed to stop and palms became sweaty. The heart picked the beat and beat against his chest on some wild track giving him some weird feelings.

She flipped her hair when her phone rang. She smiled to the person on other side and he was stunned, gawking back her like a fool. He felt numb totally unable to move. Many past memories hit his mind hard. He clutched his hands in a tight fist when she hung up. She looked so different, totally alien from the girl he knew, from the girl he fell for, from the girl he adored all his life. She was looking more beautiful making him insane.

She slipped in the car and drove away, he hurriedly gathered himself and gave his bike an ignition before setting his journey to follow her.

Finally! His heart yelled in joy.

Afternoon:

With a smile plastered on her face she made way out of the examination hall, okay she rocked! YAYY!

She roamed her eyes sideways to saw everyone busy in talk with their friends, okay she was friendless. She felt bad as she wanted to share her happiness and joy with someone.

"Hey", a warm voice greeted her from behind.

She jumped and turned around to came across Sajid.

"You startled me", she took deep breaths to ease her wild heart.

"Oops sorry", he passed a sheepish grin to her.

"So how was the paper?" He seemed excited.

"Amazing", she smiled and his heart did a back flip. Her smile was honestly way too captivating.

"How was yours?" She asked him.

"How can it be, but yeah better than before, I studied this time", he scratched the back of his neck when she laughed out loud. He smiled sheepishly along.

"Long time no see, sister!", okay here came the bi*ch. Laila rolled her eyes and Sajid heaved a sigh.

"Okay bye", she smiled to Sajid and diverge her path away.

"You can't skip me every time", Sanah yelled but Laila gave her a cold shoulder and took long strides out of the university building. She was in no mood to spoil her mood.

Okay cafe time, she hurriedly ran to the cafe. She already skipped for two days without informing. May they haven't hired any new employee. She prayed.

"I'm so sorry", she apologized for the third time but that old woman wasn't stopping.

"Will you just stop disturbing?" A manly cold voice raised in the cafe after which there was utter silence. Her head snapped to the source of voice and she mentally rolled her eyes. Okay she was in no mood to face him right now atleast.

He was clinking the spoon against his coffee mug. He looked straight in her eyes.

"Scold your staff inside, not on my head", his tough raspy voice added more danger to the aura around. His appearance made her shiver.

"I'm sorry sir", the old lady apologized.

"Come inside", she scolded Laila who heaved a dejected sigh.

"Stop", Harris again spoke and their steps ceased.

"By the way why are you yelling like a dog on her?" He raised from his seat using some non approving words for the old woman. Laila eyes plopped out of sockets. Shameless man he's.

"Excuse me?" The old lady raised her brows.

"You're excused", he answered nonchalantly and Laila punched him mentally. His acts would make her lose her job.

"Don't raise your voice again on her", okay Laila choked on her saliva. WTH! he was blabbering.

She looked straight in his eyes which he just rolled and deceased distance between him and Laila until he was standing adjacent to her where their shoulders brushed. She shivered.

"So tell me the reason?" He dumped his hands in his pants pockets and tilted his head sideways.

"You're who?" The lady asked.

"Your employee's important man", his choice of words made her choke again.

He just smirked.

"I'm sorry?" Lady sounded perplexed.

"No one, mam, I'm sorry, he's no one but my enemy, he's trying to play with me, I know", Laila interuppted when Harris raised his brows.

"Darling what are you saying, are you this much upset with me?" He made puppy face and she facepalmed herself mentally on his skills in playing a cunning game.

"Leave", with gritted teeth she said.

"No you both leave", the lady said in an authorative tone making Laila froze.

"You're fired, I told you I won't bear any such family issues in my cafe and you have been careless with your work lately. Also I have hired a more better employee than you", the lady handed a thin bundle of money to her with she eyed with pain evident in her orbs.

"But-", she tried to speak but she didn't get the chance.

"Enough and leave, lots of drama for today", the lady raised her volume and with stomped feet she barged inside the door of the kitchen.

People dismissed after witnessing the drama while she remained glued in her position.

"Opss! Your bad", he mumbled and her anger raised.

The door of the kitchen open and came out a girl in cafe uniform. Laila's eyes bulged out of her sockets.

"Hello, I'm your replacement", she smirked and Laila felt the earth dragging away.

Her bad luck welcomed her once again.

~~~~~~~~

Ohhh GOD.... my poor Laila. Why she has to face so much.

Why there are so many pathetic people in the world.

Well who do you think might be Laila's replacement?

Harris is such a bitch. Ughhh. Why man?

Well till then keep voting. Stay tuned and drop your opinions to make me happy.

Loads of love.

The writer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 12.7K 36
TODAY: NO, I can't stay here. I should go out from here at any cost. But how? I am sure they will keenly watching me, and i should think of any othe...
148K 6.3K 32
When both of you love each other ; but due to certain family problems you both can't come together; but still you find a way to come together and ha...
40.3K 3.6K 32
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ Almost all of us have fallen for s...
10.2K 716 20
#1 in broken hearts. #5 in dramafilled. She is white, He is black, not just any black but, Nigerian black. She is from a place the blacks would call...