The Vampire's Sweetheart

By TianteCherise

Novienna Valentina is the daughter of the most infamous vampire hunter, who so happens to be the president of... More

Prologue:
All Rights Reserved.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
The Super Six.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
About The Author
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
PLEASE READ!!
Bonus Chapter (2)
The End?
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 20.

1.6K 53 3
By TianteCherise

The Vampire's Sweetheart

Chapter Twenty

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend/editor, Lani. Thank you for your support, dear. <3

───────────────────────────────────

I rolled my eyes in annoyance as Lucky and Damion continued arguing over who would get the last bit of cereal out of the box. I thought they would get along well- considering their personalities were so similar- but that proved to be wrong as they had been arguing over the dumbest things all day. Apparently I was not the only one growing irritated with their childish antics for they both quieted immediately once Demetri threatened to kill them both with his bare hands. 

My heart began to beat wildly only meaning that Locaine was coming near, and I turned my head noticing him coming down the steps. It was hard to imagine I was just deathly afraid of him two days before. He was truly a masterpiece- very pleasing to the eye, but I also had found he had one of the most interesting minds. You would never know this unless you truly spent time with him, but he had quite the sense of humor. 

"I need everyone to report to the back woods behind the cottage. We need to make sure everyone is at their fullest potential before this war." His voice was strong, and was impossible to go against. A pouting Lucky and Damion nodded their head stubbornly as they watched Raven eat the cereal they were arguing over. With a mouthful of milk and bits of cocoa puffs Raven looked up nodding her head frantically. 

"Sure thing, cap." She quickly swallowed the food, wiping the side of her mouth. Gia, who had been sitting with Alaric, scrunched her face in disgust as she watched Raven eat carelessly. I had quickly learned that Alaric and Gia- despite the fact that their races were opposing forces- mixed well together; Locaine informed me that they always fought side by side, never allowing one to handle anything alone. It was romantic, but when I said that Gia threatened to chew my arm off, to which Locaine threatened to bury her alive. 

I also learned that Lucky was the silly one of the bunch, though I kind of assumed that when he used his powers to scare me. Raven was a close second, and oddly I attached to her quickly. She was hilarious, and ate a bunch- just like me. I had not talked to Demetri or Zofia, who had been spending most of her time with Damion. Damion tried to convince me that it was just a friendship thing, but it was clear it was much more than that, to him at least. The thought made me frown, I was secretly shipping him and Esme. 

Speaking of Esme, "Will Esme be apart of this too?" Damion's eyebrows raised at the sound of her name. Huh, maybe the Damion and Esme boat hadn't sunk completely yet. Locaine shrugged at my question, not thinking about it much. 

"It is her own decision. She would not make neither a positive or negative contribution." I looked at him weirdly. A "yes" or "no", would have sufficed. 

Moments later everyone was in a circle in the woods, and I tagged along just to witness more of their abilities. 

"So, how is this training thing going to work?" Raven spoke up. 

"One at a time we will all fight." Locaine responded, staring at the group. 

Alaric looked around the woods with a frown on his face, similar to my own, "Fight who?" 

"Each other." 

Gia was the first to step forward with a disapproving look, "I never fight alone." Alaric nodded his head agreeing with her statement from behind her. I tilted my head at the pair, suddenly wanting to know how this little pack of theirs came to be. 

"Well, it's time you start. This isn't going to be some simple battle we win with a couple of bite marks and fire balls. It is guaranteed you two will be separated." 

Gia rolled her eyes, crossing her arms furiously, "We'll see about that." 

Locaine stepped back eyeballing everyone, "So, whose first." Suddenly, he was kicked forward, stumbling he stood up growling turning around to see who was brave enough to sneak the Vampire King. A giggle escaped my lips, when a now visible Lucky stood there with a goofy smile on his face. 

"Bring it." 

Damion chuckled darkly, "This will be good." He mumbled a couple of words, and the ground began to shake beneath Lucky heavily. His face was full of panic as he began to struggle to stand straight, during his fit Raven had shifted into a fierce tiger and latched her teeth onto his leg, pulling at him harshly. Lucky's face quickly turned into a look of determination as his eyes darkened, he raised his left hand and a light blue force field appeared in front of him knocking Raven off of his leg. The tiger shook her head, and crouched lowly eyeing him carefully. 

Lucky kept the shield up, finally balancing himself, as he looked at the uninterested Gia before he began to run at her. Right before he could make contact, Alaric hissed before swirling his hand, and a sudden gust of wind appeared sending Lucky a couple of feet backwards but he surprisingly landed on his feet. Gia smirked confidently in Locaine's direction, "Never alone." With those words she shifted into a big, dirty blonde wolf and snapped her jaws angrily in Lucky's direction. 

"Bring it, mutt." He taunted, causing her to lunge at him. As Gia's wolf form was in the air, he pushed a force field in her direction sending her sprawling across the ground. Alaric watched her land roughly, and turned furiously towards Lucky, who was waiting for his attack. What Lucky wasn't prepared for was the quiet Zofia, who was standing behind him patiently waiting for her time to attack. Zofia looked in my direction before sending me a small smile, she reached out towards Lucky placing her hand on his shoulder. Lucky's body jolted forward, and he let out a loud scream as he caved to his knees his body shaking. 

"I give!" He cried out, and Zofia tilted her head before removing her hand. 

"What the hell was that, Lucky." Locaine frowned. I don't see what he was so angry about; he did pretty damn good in my eyes. 

"I didn't know she would be participating in this!" He interjected, standing up as he dusted off his pants. 

"Aw, what's wrong. Can't handle a little electricity?" Raven snickered, walking towards him as she began to shift into Zofia. She reached out her hand that was sparking with energy, causing Lucky to immediately to move away. Zofia tilted her head confusion written across her face as she eyed her impostor. 

"Zofia is off limits too, Raven." Locaine said irritated. 

Raven pouted again, before turning into her normal figure. "Seriously considering working for the enemy if you keep ruining my fun, Locaine." 

Locaine's eyes brightened before he nodded in Raven's direction, "Is that so? Well, you're up then." Raven's eyes widened upon hearing his words, as she quickly got into a defensive position staring at Demetri, who had a smirk on his face. 

"Oh hell no! If big bad ass is fighting, I quit!" Raven whined noticing the sudden interest Demetri had in fighting. I agreed with her immediately. It was clear he literally needed no form of training. 

Alaric began to walk towards Raven with bright fire balls in each hand, Gia stalking closely behind snarling and snapping her jaws at Raven. Alaric pulled his arm back about to deliver the fire towards Raven's direction, but she quickly shifted into Gia, causing him to hesitate. The wolf growled at him, biting at his pants trying to get him to realize it wasn't her, but he didn't notice quick enough. Raven quickly morphed into the wolf form of Gia, and lunged at Alaric gently biting at his neck before the real Gia snapped at her face growling angrily. 

Raven's form moved back and in the process morphed into a hawk, and she flew above the pair. She lingered around in the air, until Damion raised his hands mumbling some words, as the trees around her began to grow arms reaching out for her. Raven flapped her wings hysterically as one of the hands gripped her, it was amusing as you could visibly see her roll her eyes. Raven's bird body twitched before she shifted into Demetri landing on the ground causing a hole to form where she landed. A wide smile spread across Raven's face as she shook her body, testing out the new form.

"Hell yeah!" She cheered, as she growled loudly before lunging at Lucky, whose eyes widened in surprise. Raven landed one solid punch to his gut, before he immediately turned invisible vanishing from the situation. Raven turned towards the group with her hands on her hips, making her seem funny as she was posing as one of the largest men I have ever seen. 

"Oh, what? Now you guys are scared?" She teased, as the remaining four stood in line watching her quietly. Gia shifted back into her human form, her body was covered in a black body suit, and a smirk was on her face as she pointed behind Raven. 

Raven's smile dropped, as she realized who was missing from the bunch, and I allowed a muffled giggle to escape my lips as I covered my mouth with my hand. Turning slowly, Raven raised her hands in surrender as she faced the real Demetri, who had a frown on his face. Demetri's arm shot out as he gripped Raven by her neck raising her off the ground. 

Raven morphed into her normal self, her race reddening from the lack of oxygen, "I give!" She squealed, and Demetri dropped her to the ground with a smirk. Raven glared at him, and he simply raised his eyebrow in response, causing her to look away with a flushed face. 

"Raven that was almost as bad as Lucky." The two both yelled out "Hey" in offended tones, before they glared at each other. Damion came towards me leaning against the tree whistling quietly. 

"Why don't you go next, warlock?" I teased, and he gave me a boyish grin, before shaking his head. 

"I'll pass." 

Locaine stepped forward towards Alaric and Gia, "You guys are next." Gia's eyes widened in surprise at his words.

"What? You're letting us fight together?" Locaine nodded at her words, but I felt like something was wrong. There was no absolute way Locaine was going to simply just let them fight together without there being a twist. And I noticed the twist, and smiled in amusement. 

Alaric and Gia stood back to back, with grins on their faces. In front of Alaric stood Lucky, Raven, and Demetri. In front of Gia stood Damion, Locaine, and Zofia. I took a seat in front of the tree leaning forward as I eyed them carefully. Oh this was going to be good, I thought to myself. 

My eyes flickered back and forth between Alaric and Gia. The way they fought and looked out for each other was beautiful. If at any moment it looked like one was about to cave, the stronger one at the moment would switch their placing allowing them to take on the other's fight. 

Gia shifted on her feet delivering a powerful kick to Lucky's figure, and he hunched over before turning invisible. Gia stepped back eyeing the area carefully as she lowered herself towards the ground, her hands gripping at the dirt below her. Her body immediately raised up as she threw the dirt in front of her and it landed on a form- apparently being Lucky- and she quickly kicked him again, causing him to lose control of his powers becoming visible again. Right after she kicked Lucky with her foot still being raised in the air, Demetri gripped her foot twisting it sharply before tossing her frame towards a nearby tree. Gia visibly flinched from the impact, but quickly brushed it off before turning into her wolf form, immediately making her way back to her place behind Alaric, who had stalled Demetri by lunging multiple boulders in his direction- of course Demetri punched through them all however. 

I watched as Alaric effortlessly used his control over the elements to deflect any hit from Locaine. It was obvious though that Locaine was not putting his full effort into his attacks, causing me to smile slightly. Locaine pulled back, allowing Damion to use some of his magic to overpower Alaric in his attempt to manipulate the earth. Noticing what was happening, Gia bit at Alaric's shirt tugging him around so that she was now facing Damion. She moved with grace as she ran towards the tree leaping off of it, attaching her jaw to Damion's neck gently enough to not harm him, but hard enough to warn him. 

Gia pushed her wolf body off of Damion, and moved back towards Alaric. She was stopped short however as Locaine gripped her tail, tossing her back towards the tree she had just jumped from. Right before her back could collide with the tree, Alaric reached his hand out causing a gust of wind to move her body over to land on the ground avoiding a harsh collision. Gia turned into her human form sending him a grateful look, before turning back into her wolf form shaking out her fur and lunging towards Locaine. 

Alaric was handling himself well against Lucky and Raven, however Demetri lurked behind the two eyeing him. My attention turned towards Zofia, who was simply standing with her hands behind her back not moving to attack anyone. I watched as her hand slowly began to raise, and I noticed Alaric was sending a flood of water towards Gia's direction to distract Locaine, but he didn't notice the quiet girl moving with him. 

Locaine paused eyeing Zofia, who nodded her head implying for him to move backwards, and my eyes widened realizing what was happening. As the water began to pour on the two, Locaine quickly shifted backwards allowing Gia's wolf form to be the only one about to get drenched and Zofia pushed her hand forward an electric current combining with the water. My jaw dropped watching Gia's wolf body shake and jolt from the pain and her wolf whimpered throwing itself around on the ground. Hearing her cry, Alaric was distracted as he immediately turned to help her, allowing himself to be an easy open target for Demetri, who snarled revealing his fangs. Demetri yanked Alaric up and dug his fangs into his neck for a brief moment, before throwing his body next to the shaking wolf. 

"Woah." Raven, Lucky, and Damion gushed at the same time as the battle came to an end. 

"That's what you get when you let your heart win. This is why you should not be near someone you love during battle," Locaine looked towards me, causing my cheeks to feel warm, "You'll worry for their safety more than your own." 

Gia groaned as she shifted back into her normal form, the black body suit clinging to her like a second skin. "That was hell." She laughed breathing heavily, looking towards Alaric, who nodded eyeing her over making sure she was alright. 

"We aren't expected to fight the big one right? Cause I am going to sit that one out if so." Raven piped up, causing Demetri's lip to twitch upwards as he fought off the amused smile that threatened to appear. 

"What about her?" Lucky pointed at Zofia, who raised her head noticing the attention. 

"Yeah! Let her try this out." Raven joined in. 

Locaine smirked before shrugging stepping aside. "Go for it." He gave Zofia a look to which she nodded her head stiffly. Damion noticed the secret exchange and quietly moved away from the fighting, once again finding a place next to me with an innocent smile. 

The Super 5 stood their ground as they all began to charge at Zofia at once. Zofia raised her hand and flicked her wrist outwards, causing an electric shock to travel through all of their bodies. Demetri himself wasn't able to hide the pain that was inflicted upon him, and crumpled to his knees groaning loudly. Zofia looked towards Locaine, and he nodded at her with pride, and she lowered her hand easing up on the pain. 

The 5 of them all were on the ground pain visible on their faces, as they slowly but surely began to recover. I looked over at Damion, who was staring at Zofia with admiration in his eyes. 

"Well, that was something." I finally spoke up, causing Locaine to flash me a smile. 

Raven stood up shaking out her body as she stared at Zofia, "Alright, point taken." 

Locaine let out a chuckle before he said something that caused everyone to gasp and curse angrily.

"Alright Demetri, you're up." 

───────────────────────────────────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 19.2K 77
⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that show Semi sexual activity. As well as ot...
381K 17.6K 42
Claribelle is all grown up, well almost. She's 17, the only vampire child between herself and her three siblings and dying to meet her mate and feel...
5.7K 41 27
Jaci Garcia just wants to be normal. Have a normal family, friends, and day to day routine but all that's kind of hard to do with died parents. Being...
719 142 21
Edie Hunter gets a job as a Muse, her boss is a little eccentric (ok very eccentric then) Surely helping angst ridden poets can't be that hard? No on...