The corpse of the past

By JosephineMichelleC

During cleaning out the house of their dead parents, Willow, Rye and Sunny, finds a book. The book, they disc... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: I'm o-kay
Chapter 2: Hating everything
Chapter 3: A nightmare
Chapter 4: Do I still love him?
Chapter 5: Oh god!
Chapter 6: He's not himself
Chapter 7: What Effie did
Chapter 8: Thoughts
Chapter 9: We remain
Chapter 10: My two boys
Chapter 11: Stupid
Chapter 12: Avoiding
Chapter 13: What is real?
Chapter 14: I didn't know
Chapter 15: I love you!
Chapter 16: How do they do it?
Chapter 17: An unbeating heart
Chapter 18: Am I ready?
Chapter 19: What could have been...
Chapter 20: Buying a bed
Chapter 21: Won't be a part
Chapter 22: The birth
Chapter 23: Screaming
Chapter 24: The guest list
Chapter 25: So cute
Chapter 26: Telling Annie
Chapter 27: Arrival
Chapter 28: Effie's news
Chapter 29: Buttercup
Chapter 30: More thoughts
Chapter 31: Stupid Haymitch!
Chapter 32: Haymitch confess
Chapter 33: Silly Katniss
Chapter 34: Stress
Chapter 35: The dress
Chapter 36: Another surprise
Chapter 37: Happy birthday Peeta!
Chapter 38: Birthday present
Chapter 39: Felice news
Chapter 40: Tell him!
Chapter 41: I'm pregnant
Chapter 42: Plans
Chapter 43: High thoughts
Chapter 44: Painting
Chapter 45: Family
Chapter 46: Scared
Chapter 47: News
Chapter 48: Flashback. Again
Chapter 49: Caesar
Chapter 50: Who is he?
Chapter 51: The ghost
Chapter 52: What's time?
Chapter 53: Guess what
Chapter 54: L-O-V-E
Chapter 55: Missing you
Chapter 56: Need to find out
Chapter 57: Angry Finn
Chapter 58: She needs us
Chapter 59: Taking care of everyone
Chapter 60: My fault
Chapter 61: Empty
Chapter 62: A harsh Haymitch
Chapter 63: The funeral
Chapter 64: Why?
Chapter 65: Breaking bones
Chapter 66: What is this?
Chapter 67: Hospital
Epilogue
Playlist

Chapter 68: Happy endings

2.1K 100 24
By JosephineMichelleC

Chapter 68

-Katniss-

Finn is shaky even after he left the hospital. He lost some of his memory as well. He's forgotten the things he most of all wanted to forget. No one knew it at first, but then we discovered what he forgot. He forgot Stella. He has no clue about who she is.

The doctors told us that during the process of being tortured, he made himself forget what he most of all wanted to forget.

Why he wanted to forget Stella, will remain unclear, because he can't tell us. I feel sorry for him, he won't remember Stella again if we don't remind him of her, telling him and show him stuff about Stella to gain his memory back. For now, we don't know if we should do that. Annie don't think it's a good idea because Finn became depressed when Stella died, and then to gain his memory of her back to him, can cause him to be depressed again.

When the lamp is turned off, Finn is screaming his head off. He's scared of the dark, and that's not hard to believe, because he was tortured in a dark room, he thinks that someone is going to harm him when it gets dark.

It breaks my heart to see Finn like this. And he don't talk to anyone, not even with Annie. Cassidy is the only one that can get to Finn. He only talks to her. Not that Cassidy understands anything about what happened and what he says, but she's a big comfort to him.

Marcus ... Well because he's only fifteen, he's living in the orphanage now. We visit him from time to time, because he did save my life, I know that, and he did save Finn, and to be able to to that, he had to kill his own father, which can't have been easy.

Marcus is doing good, he says that he don't regret killing his father, because he killed Stella, the one that for the first time in his life showed him real affection and truly cared for him.

I still have a headache. Turns out that the bitch had a pretty big stone in that bag of hers and cracked my skull. So it's gonna take some time for the headache to go away completely. But I don't have as much pain as I did before though, and that's always something.

"Peeta can we just lay in bed all day please?" I ask as I turn in the bed, facing Peeta.

He's so cute with his morning hair.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea", he says in his sexy morning voice. "But first I'm gonna bring in the mail and cook some delicious breakfast, what do you say about some pancakes, and some nice crispy toast and then after some vanilla and chocolate cake that is filled with hazelnut cream".

What do I say?

"What are you still doing here? Down with you!" I say, and start to push him out of the bed. "Get out, get out and don't come back without that breakfast".

Peeta laughs and gives me a quick kiss before he leaves the bed. He has no clothes or boxers, so he walks up to the drawer and take out one of his boxers and puts them on. But that's it, I guess because we're gonna stay in bed all day.

He walks out and then I'm left alone.

I'm left to my thoughts.

I can't believe everything that happened. I can't. Can we ever catch a break? I think we can now. I think it's gonna be pretty calm for now. I hope it will at least.

I hate the fact that Stella died so young and we lost her.

One thing I have thought much about is having more children. I think I would want to, some day, not now, definitely not now, I'm not ready yet, and I won't be anytime soon either, but I want to try to continue on living. I can't stop living. Peeta needs me, Haymitch needs me, Annie, Finn, Cassidy, Felice, Pollux, we all need each other. And to continue living, I can definitely consider having a baby. I know Peeta wants a baby, and I want him to be happy, and maybe just maybe I can be a good mother. People told me I was a good mother to Stella, so maybe I can be that one more time.

I don't know how long it will take for me to heal. I don't know when I will be ready to have a baby. I don't know anything about the future. All I have to do is wait and see.

Peeta comes into the room with a big tray and lots of good smelling breakfast on it, he has an envelop in his mouth.

"What's that?" I ask.

Peeta puts down the tray on the bed, and takes out the envelope from his mouth.

"I don't know, it was the only thing in the mailbox", Peeta says and gives it to me.

He sits down in the bed beside me and pulls the cover over him before he takes the tray and put it in his lap.

I open the envelope.

Immediately when I see the letter, my heart drops to my stomach.

"P-P-Peeta", I say and show him the letter.

He spits out the orange juice right in front of him when he sees the handwriting.

Stella.

It's Stella's handwriting.

My hands starts to shake badly and I start to read the letter.

"Mom and dad,

I know that you thought I was dead and that you buried me, but the truth is I'm not and you didn't. I owe you an explanation. The one you found dead, who Marcus dad killed, was Marie, my twin sister. She's been living with a family ever since we were four, I don't remember why, but she has. When I met her again she told me she was sick, dying to be exact, and she knew it was going to be painful, but then they killed her, and I had to get away. I knew that someone was after me and I was too afraid to come home, so I just fled. I'm so sorry for letting you think I was dead. Just know that I'm not. But I won't be coming home, I'm too ashamed over that I left, and I can't look you in the eyes again. Just play along with my death, don't talk about me, don't mention me, just forget me. I heard about Finn, and cry myself to sleep every night, I wake up because of nightmares and I wish I could be with you and him, but I can't. I can't tell you where I am, and please don't try to seek me up, I have changed my name as well, and I'm gonna try to live, please try to forget me even though I will never forget my parents.

Love Stella".

I sit still. Peeta sits still. We look at each other. Stella is alive. We buried her twin sister? Why the hell did Greasy Sae never tell us that Stella had a twin sister? I mean what? Oh god. Stella is alive. She's alive and she's somewhere safe.

I feel tears flow down my cheeks. Our daughter is alive. But she wants us to pretend that she is dead and don't want us to talk about her. She wants us to forget about her. How can we ever forget about her? She's our daughter. We will never ever forget her.

"Peeta?" I ask in a small voice.

"I know, but the important thing is that she's alive, she is and she's safe, that is the most important thing, right?" He asks.

I nod.

"Yeah... Yeah it is", I answer in a husky voice.

It is. Stella is alive. And she's safe. Everything else shouldn't matter right now.

I hear the door open. It has to be Haymitch. He have a key.

And then he comes crashing through the door.

"Marcus is missing, he disappeared from the orphanage earlier this morning", he says.

"She gave him a letter as well, do you think she told him where she is?" I ask looking at Peeta.

He smiles.

"Yeah, I do actually", he says and chuckles.

I smile.

"What?" Haymitch asks confused and I give him the letter.

His eyes grows bigger and bigger.

"Sister? She had a twin sister, and that's who we buried?" He asks.

"Yeah seems like it", I say.

"And you're not bothered with this?" He asks.

"Well yes but... Stella is safe, she's alive, and that's what is important, isn't it?" Peeta asks.

Haymitch starts to smile.

"Yeah, I guess it is", he says. "That looks good by the way".

Peeta and I burst out laughing.

Haymitch sits down on the edge of the bed and the three of us eat breakfast and laughs.

Maybe there is happy endings after all.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋1505✒️

Hey guys , second update and last chapter, tomorrow you'll get the epilogue.

Sooooo.... Well I'm not gonna say anything, I'll leave it all to you... xD

What did you think?

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thought about this chapter

-Josephine xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 10.1K 63
(If you haven't read The One and Only Real or After The Always please read them before this) We all know that the end of Mockingjay jumps to an epil...
32.1K 1.4K 29
Katniss Everdeen was always a normal girl. As simple as that. She was smart, but not overly smart. She was pretty, but not overly pretty. She was jus...
Sparks Fly By (:

Fanfiction

21.3K 253 39
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games, but nothing is as she wishes. Katniss' relationship with Peeta is strained, and rum...
88.4K 2.1K 26
This is the second book of the sequel. You have to read the first book before you read this one! I don't want anything spoiled for you so read the fi...