he promised || mileven

By barbs_eggos

mike and eleven, eleven and mike. the thing about life is that it can change in a matter of seconds. sadly, t... More

| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |

| 12 |

3.2K 107 111
By barbs_eggos

"what?" will asked, confused.

"i'm the bait." he paused and pulled eleven closer. "they knew she'd come."

"god dammit." dustin whispered.

"we have to get out of here." nancy said.

everyone nodded, and just as they were about to get up, they heard loud whistling to the song should i stay or should i go.

"sh!" will whispered. the kids all silently crawled to the side wall of the room, making sure not to make any sounds whatsoever. the door was on the same side as them, so anyone who looked into the room couldn't see them.

everyone stayed completely silent as they waited for the person to go by. the footsteps got louder as they got closer to the door. eleven shut her eyes in fear and curled up next to mike. he hugged her tighter.

the man walked by the door. it was some mexican guy.

"he looks familiar..." dustin said once he had walked away.

"very..." mike bit his lip.

"lets get out of here." will said. everyone stood up and started to walk out of the room.

"not so fast." a voice from behind them said.

everyone froze.

"i believe you have something of mine." he said.

"no..." eleven whispered. mike held elevens shaking hand tightly as they all turned around to face the man.

it was papa.

"eleven, come here." he smiled.

"leave us alone." lucas said.

"i won't hurt you children." he slowly started to walk closer to them. the kids all took a step backwards. "give me eleven, and i promise nobody will get hurt."

"go to hell." dustin frowned.

papa sighed. "very well then."

all of the sudden 5 scientists appeared from behind dustin, lucas, nancy, will and mike, grabbing them and pulling them backwards. all of the kids screamed and struggled to break free from their grasp, but it was no use.

"now." papa walked even closer. "lets go eleven."

she looked up at him, terrified. "no."

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" mike screamed.

papa obviously didn't listen. he walked even closer to eleven, who stayed perfectly still.

hopper and karen came running from the end of the hallway. they gasped at the children being grabbed by the scientist, and the old man approaching eleven.

hopper pulled out his gun. "PUT THE KIDS DOWN." everyone turned around to face him, except for eleven, who had her eyes locked on papa. "NOW!" he screamed.

the scientists quickly obeyed and let the kids down. the kids all ran behind karen and hopper, except mike, who stayed right behind eleven.

"oh my god..." karen mumbled as she hugged all of the kids that were there.

"you can all leave, you know." papa said calmly. "i'm just going to take eleven."

"no, you're not." mike said as he stepped in front of her.

"mike-" eleven started.

"just go back and work on some other project. leave her alone." mike frowned.

"i hate threatening a child." papa said. "but..." he took out his gun and pointed it at mike. everyone screamed.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN." lucas shouted. all of the kids had their guns out as well, and pointed them at papa's face. their hands were shaking in fear.

"you probably don't even know how to shoot those." papa laughed.

will turned around and shot the door easily, leaving a high pitched monotone noise in everyone's ears.

papa appeared surprised. "well then." he still had the gun aimed at mike."step aside, mike." he warned.

mike refused. papa shrugged and proceeded to shoot the gun. almost in slow motion, the bullet deteriorated right in front of mike's face.

everyone appeared surprised. eleven slowly stepped in front of mike and raised her trembling hand in the air.

"eleven, no. bad." papa said shakily.

eleven didn't listen to him. she concentrated on papa. on how much he hurt her, and her friends.

"wait." someone shouted from behind papa. eleven didn't listen. she kept concentrating until papa was in the air.

the person stepped out from behind papa. it was that mexican guy that was whistling.

"wait a minute..." dustin started. he gasped.

"what is it?" nancy yelled.

"you." dustin started. "you're the one who hit mike with the truck..."

"bingo." he laughed before lighting a cigarette.

"what?" mike said, making eleven lose concentration. papa fell to the ground.

"it was for the cash. the one thing i couldn't refuse." he laughed again.

"thank you, rudy." papa coughed from the ground.

rudy nodded and walked down the hallway, not saying anything else.

"eleven, just come with me." papa stood up.

"no." eleven said quietly.

"what do you even like about them?" papa said. "i am the only one that truely understands you."

eleven slowly shook her head. "friends don't lie."

"eleven... these people know nothing about you..."

"they do." she looked back at mike. "and he promised." she turned back to papa and sent him flying down the hallway. his head banged on the wall, knocking him out.

eleven collapsed to the ground. mike ran up and wiped her nose with his sleeve before hugging her tightly. "it's gonna be okay, el." he reassured. she tiredly nodded.

hopper radioed to some other police officers, telling them to come as quick as possible. they came just as papa was getting up. they forced him and rudy into handcuffs and started to walk back outside to the police cars.

"i will find you again, eleven." he whispered as he walked past her. she glared at him from mike's arms.

everyone waited for a bit, just analyzing what happened before they all walked back to the police cars.

"mom, i remember you. and officer hopper too!" mike said cheerfully on the walk there.

"you do???" karen exclaimed with tears in her eyes.

mike grabbed onto eleven's hand. "i remember everything." he smiled and he squeezed her hand.

one of the police officers said they could bring 2 of the kids back, so mike and eleven hopped into that car.

the car started up and they started to drive away. eleven calmly rested her head on mike's shoulder.

"mike?" she said weakly.

"yeah?" he replied.

"i love you." she said.

mike blushed. "i love you too."

"promise?" el asked, even though she believed mike. she knew he never broke promises, so if he really loved her, he wouldn't lie.

mike smiled. "promise."

they continued to drive for a while without saying anything. the police officer didn't turn on the radio or anything. the silence was nice and peaceful.

mike felt eleven's head move a bit, startling him. he smiled, knowing she was safe and away from that creepy man. he, michael wheeler, would protect this beautiful and amazing girl at all costs.

"he promised." el happily whispered to herself as she drifted off to sleep.

***

The End

but yeah hopefully this was okay? i don't knowwwwwwww but i will make another book soon, probably just some mileven one shots or something. i kinda like the way i ended this i guess. thanks for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 186 29
Watch Mike and El's love story grow stronger each day as they get older. Mike and El have lived a normal life together after the battle of starcourt...
35.1K 1K 98
Mikes completely different. The gang separated and el is gone. Until one day changed everything. - ~ Terrible Plot ~
73.7K 1.6K 47
After Eleven disappears, things just aren't the same. Mike isn't the same. Every day without El changes him. It seems like things just keep getting w...
500K 15K 56
☆.。.:*(book two, 𝑹𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆, is now out- inside this book ) ☆.。.:*In which Will has a problem. A big one. A problem he needs urgent help with, a...