| 6 |

eleven quickly woke up to the sound of a door being knocked down. she looked at the doorway to see papa again. he stood proudly with his hands on his hips, with a bunch of bad men behind him.

"papa, no. go." eleven shook.

"eleven... you know i will always find you, no matter where you are."

she looked over at mike's bed, to see that his head was ripped off. there was blood around the entire bed.

"mike!" she shouted.

"mike won't let papa take his eleven home. so i had to kill mike. surely you can understand, can't you?" papa smiled.

"no. no.... go away.... LEAVE MIKE ALONE..... LEAVE...." eleven started crying. she quickly got off of the chair and hid beside it.

papa grabbed the chair and threw it backwards.

eleven screamed. "STOP IT!"

"NO!" papa reached for her and covered her head with a black blanket, blinding her.

-

"eleven? are you okay?" mike sounded scared.

mike and eleven were both on the ground. eleven's head was on mike's lap, while his back was pressed up against the bed. he saw her screaming and quickly tried to calm her down by getting out of bed, his head still pounding, and holding eleven in his arms.

eleven was still crying. she looked up at mike. "papa's coming" she hugged mike. as confused as he was, he hugged her back.

"it's okay, eleven. everything will be okay... please don't cry." mike whispered.

eleven lifted her head up an mike wiped the tears streaming down her face. "it's okay." mike repeated.

"mike..." eleven sniffed.

"yeah?" mike said.

"don't leave me....." one last tear slowly made it's way down her cheek.

"eleven, i won't leave you... i don't know anything right now, but i will protect you." mike smiled.

"promise?" el whispered.

"promise." mike smiled.

eleven felt safe she cuddled up against mike, who wasn't sure what she was doing, but hugged her.
in a couple of minutes, mike was asleep in his hospital gown, leaning against the bed with the needle still in his arm, while eleven slept on the floor next to him, with her head rested on his lap.

~

only the wheeler's came back the next day. it was sort of early in the morning, so mike and eleven weren't up yet.
his family looked at the two kids. they smiled at the sight of eleven's head resting peacefully on mike's lap.

"young romance." thought mike's mom. "adorable."

this reminded nancy of steve, but she was annoyed with him, so she ignored it.

they decided to wait until mike and eleven were awake to bring them back home. once they finally woke up, the doctor gave them some pills for mike and sent them off. they all got into the car, with mike and eleven in the back. mike was still extremely confused about everything, and surprisingly,  he knew more about eleven than he did about his whole family.

"does anything in the car seem familiar to you, mike?" his dad asked.

mike thought hard. "no... i'm sorry guys..."

"it's fine mike. you should remember sooner or later." his mom sighed.

mike could only hope his memories would return.

they parked the car into the driveway and stepped out of it.

"this is our house?" mike looked astounded by the huge building in front of him.

"yup. eleven, why don't you show mike around. we need to talk to nancy about something." his dad said as he unlocked the front door.

eleven nodded. the door unlocked and the family stepped into the house.

"wow!" mike said as he looked at the couches, plants and decorations near the front door. "it's so nice!"

his mom giggled, "thank you, mike."

they all took off their shoes, and nancy and the parents walked into the kitchen.

"can i see my room, el?" mike asked

eleven nodded and took his hand. the two kids ran up the stairs and into mike's room.

mike walked in the room and looked at everything. he didn't recognize anything in the room, but it looked cool anyways.

eleven walked up to his dresser and took a dinosaur figurine that she recognized from when mike first showed her around.. "roxy." she pointed to it.

"the dinosaur's name is roxy?" mike asked. el nodded once again. "cool... where's your room?" he asked.

they both ran down the stairs and were about to walk down to the basement. on their way, they overheard the conversation happening in the kitchen.

"he might never be the same, nancy. we need you to understand." his dad said.

"please, show him around at school. he needs you." his mom added.

"why can't dustin or eleven or lucas or someone show him?" nancy cried.

" dustin, lucas and will...." mike thought. the names sounded familiar. he just couldn't put his finger on it...

they ran down the stairs and walked into the room. mike instantly recognized the blanket fort.

"this is your bed.... i remember." mike pointed.

"yes." eleven said.

he looked around the room and noticed the dungeons and dragons game. a memory instantly made it's way to the front of his mind.

"CAST PROTECTION!" one of the boys shouted.

his mind went blank for a couple of seconds.

"the demogorgon, it got me." will smiled sadly before walking out of the door.

"the demogorgon! he is in this game." mike shouted.

"and upside down." eleven walked to the board.

"what?" mike asked.

eleven flipped the board over so that it was black. she took the demogorgon figure and placed it in the middle. "upside down." she repeated.

"i have no clue what you're talking about, el." mike said quietly.

eleven opened her mouth to say something, but mike's mom walked down the stairs.

"why don't we go shopping? just us 3 and nancy?" she smiled.

"uh, okay. come on, el." mike smiled and took her hand as they ran up the stairs.

***

something will happen, and that thing isn't good. stay tuned!!!
😚