| 4 |

"el." joyce patted eleven's back, waking her up. "come home with will and i tonight." she smiled.

eleven shook her head. "no. stay with mike."

joyce sighed. "i knew you would say that." joyce took a blanket out of her bag and gave it to eleven.

el repositioned herself on the chair.

"goodnight," el said softly.

"goodnight, eleven." joyce smiled and walked out of the room.

joyce walked outside and back into her car. will wanted her to stay in the hospital parking lot incase mike woke up. they'd been there for almost 3 hours. joyce turned around to see that will was asleep in the backseat. she smiled, started the car and drove back to their house.
once they had parked in their driveway, joyce got out of the car and picked up will. she carried him into the house and gently placed him in his bed. she smiled. she missed will so much. she was so glad he was finally back....
~
meanwhile at mike's house, nancy was upstairs in her bedroom on the phone with steve.

"will mike be okay?" steve asked.

"we don't know... i hope so." nancy played with the phone cord.

"isn't the hospital bill expensive?"

"the truck driver is paying for it. it was an accident. a..... a horrible accident.." nancy said quietly.

there was a long pause.

"can i come over?" steve broke the silence?

"steve, my brother just died for a couple of minutes, a-"

"but he's alive now." steve said.

"steve! you don't even care! it's 3am AND MY BROTHER IS IN THE HOSPITAL!" nancy shouted into the phone before hanging up. she started crying and hugged her pillow. she decided to try and get some sleep, so she turned off her light and laid down.

"mike, please be okay," she whispered to herself.

~

the next morning, the wheeler's got into their car and drove to the hospital bright and early to see mike.

when they arrived, mike was still unconscious, and eleven was asleep on the chair. mike's mom looked at him and started to cry.

"oh, mike..." she walked over to the bed and stroked his matted dark brown hair lightly.

the byers', sinclair's and the henderson's arrived soon after. eleven had also woken up a couple of minutes later,

everyone brought magazines and toys, because they weren't sure when mike would wake up.

eleven soon got bored, because she couldn't read well, and she didn't know what to do with toys, so she hopped off of the chair and walked to the bed. she looked at mike and smiled. she grabbed his hand and held it. "mike..."

she felt his hand move. "mike!" she got everyone's attention.

everyone walked up to the hospital bed. mike make some weird groaning noise and started to move. he slowly opened up his eyes, and rubbed them.

"mike!" his mom yelled of joy. "oh my goodness!" she walked over to him and hugged him.

he looked down at his hand, and noticed it was being held. he slowly looked up at eleven. she smiled, but he looked beyond confused.

"we were so worried about you!" will smiled.

mike looked around the room curiously.

"are you okay?" lucas asked.

"he just got hit by a truck and died for a couple of minutes, he's just peachy." dustin rolled his eyes and expected mike to laugh, but he didn't.

"mike?" eleven said.

he didn't say anything. he only looked at everyone.

"sweetie? can you speak?" his mom said softly.

"wh-who are you people?" mike said as he sat up in the hospital bed.

***

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! I'M SO IN LOVE WITH MIKE TBH HAHA SEND HELPPPPPPP SKWDKOWEMDJKW