| 7 |

so the wheeler family got into the car once again, except for mike's dad who had to stay home and watch over holly. in the car, mike's mom put on some of the "beetles", which used to be one of mike's favourite bands, but he would never admit it in fear of being called gay. however, mike couldn't recognize the band.

once they pulled up into the parking lot, they stepped out of the car and walked into the store. mike was amazed at all of the candy there was, and how cheap it was! all of the comic books and little snacks were set up on shelves so aesthetically, and there was even some popsicles and frozen treats in a freezer.

"i'm giving you all $5. you can buy whatever you want." mike's mom smiled. "just don't lose it!"

the 3 kids giggly nodded a they grabbed the money and ran off into different sections of the store.

eleven ran to where the action figures were. she had developed almost an obsession for them. she didn't actually play with them, she just liked looking at them.

nancy ran over to the front counter to talk with the guy. he went to her school, and he liked the things she liked, which was pretty cool.

mike ran over to the candy. he recognized some of the candy, like Skittles, M&Ms and Aero, but he didn't remember whether he liked it or not. he spent a good 5 minutes looking through all of the candy. he took a couple of airheads just to try. it frustrated him that he didn't remember anything.

"mike?..... is... is that really you?" someone said behind him. mike turned around. it was a sort of old man, who was pretty tall and slender, and was wearing a navy blue suit. this man's voice sent chills down mike's spine, and he didn't know why. he just got a creepy feeling from this man.

"um, i think so." mike replied.

"mike. i've missed you so much!" the man hugged mike, while mike stiffened.

"who are you?" mike asked.

the man stopped hugging him. "i'm your dad!"

"but...but that's my family." mike pointed to eleven, nancy and his mom.

"oh, mike, no! they've kidnapped you! they've stolen you from me!"

mike's heart sank. "w-what?"

"i was stuck in, uh, traffic while you were in the hospital. this... this awful family came, pretending that you were their son. i've been looking for you, mike. come with me." the man  smiled.

"but they showed me my room!" mike exclaimed, confused, frustrated, upset.

"that was their son's.... who died, mike. they wanted to replace him with you." the man frowned.

"but i remember the blanket fort! i-i was in there with eleven...." mike took a step back.

"that was in our home! these people must have remade our home to make it seem normal to you." the man frowned.

mike paused. it did make sense. he looked back at eleven staring at the action figures, his 'mom' putting random organic snacks into her bag and nancy chatting with the cashier. he didn't really like what they liked, so maybe he wasn't a part of their family.

"come with me son." the man smiled and held out his rather large hand.

mike took a deep breath before he decided to take the man's hand. "good choice, mike." the man smiled.

the man made them both run out of the door, making mike drop his candy that he had in his hands and his money.

they both got into the car, mike sat in the backseat.

"thanks for finding me, dad." mike smiled, still uncertain if this man was lying.

the man started the car. "oh, please mike." he rolled out of the parking lot. "call me papa." he said as they drove quickly down the street.

***

SORRY AHHH!!! MAKE SURE TO VOTE IF YOU WANT CHAPTERS TO COME OUT MORE QUICKLY!