| 12 |

"what?" will asked, confused.

"i'm the bait." he paused and pulled eleven closer. "they knew she'd come."

"god dammit." dustin whispered.

"we have to get out of here." nancy said.

everyone nodded, and just as they were about to get up, they heard loud whistling to the song should i stay or should i go.

"sh!" will whispered. the kids all silently crawled to the side wall of the room, making sure not to make any sounds whatsoever. the door was on the same side as them, so anyone who looked into the room couldn't see them.

everyone stayed completely silent as they waited for the person to go by. the footsteps got louder as they got closer to the door. eleven shut her eyes in fear and curled up next to mike. he hugged her tighter.

the man walked by the door. it was some mexican guy.

"he looks familiar..." dustin said once he had walked away.

"very..." mike bit his lip.

"lets get out of here." will said. everyone stood up and started to walk out of the room.

"not so fast." a voice from behind them said.

everyone froze.

"i believe you have something of mine." he said.

"no..." eleven whispered. mike held elevens shaking hand tightly as they all turned around to face the man.

it was papa.

"eleven, come here." he smiled.

"leave us alone." lucas said.

"i won't hurt you children." he slowly started to walk closer to them. the kids all took a step backwards. "give me eleven, and i promise nobody will get hurt."

"go to hell." dustin frowned.

papa sighed. "very well then."

all of the sudden 5 scientists appeared from behind dustin, lucas, nancy, will and mike, grabbing them and pulling them backwards. all of the kids screamed and struggled to break free from their grasp, but it was no use.

"now." papa walked even closer. "lets go eleven."

she looked up at him, terrified. "no."

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" mike screamed.

papa obviously didn't listen. he walked even closer to eleven, who stayed perfectly still.

hopper and karen came running from the end of the hallway. they gasped at the children being grabbed by the scientist, and the old man approaching eleven.

hopper pulled out his gun. "PUT THE KIDS DOWN." everyone turned around to face him, except for eleven, who had her eyes locked on papa. "NOW!" he screamed.

the scientists quickly obeyed and let the kids down. the kids all ran behind karen and hopper, except mike, who stayed right behind eleven.

"oh my god..." karen mumbled as she hugged all of the kids that were there.

"you can all leave, you know." papa said calmly. "i'm just going to take eleven."

"no, you're not." mike said as he stepped in front of her.

"mike-" eleven started.

"just go back and work on some other project. leave her alone." mike frowned.

"i hate threatening a child." papa said. "but..." he took out his gun and pointed it at mike. everyone screamed.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN." lucas shouted. all of the kids had their guns out as well, and pointed them at papa's face. their hands were shaking in fear.