| 2 |

"mike!" dustin shouted in the morning.

mike rubbed his eyes. "what?" he groaned.

"my mom wants to know what you want for breakfast."

mike sat up in his sleeping bag and rubbed his eyes. "do you have eggos or waffles or something?"

dustin rolled his eyes. "do you even like eggos? or do you just eat them because eleven likes them."

"i do like them! and i should probably head back to my place soon, dustin." mike sighed.

"to see eleven?" dustin smiled.

"she's never slept alone in the house! i'm worried! is that such a crime?" mike grabbed his pillow and threw it at dustin. dustin grabbed it and threw it back, hitting mike in the face, making dustin laugh.

mike stood up. "i'm going to call her, is that okay?"

"yeah, go ahead. the phone is over there by the couch."

mike walked over to the couch and called home. he lifted the old phone to his ear, and waited for someone to answer.

"hello?" nancy answered. the call woke her up.

"can i talk to el?" mike said quickly.

"ughhhhhhhhhh." nancy groaned. "sure. EL? THE PHONE IS FOR YOU."

eleven came running up the stairs and jumped onto nancy's bed, practically ripping the phone out of her hand and slamming it against her ear. "mike?"

mike smiled. "hi, el! how are you?"

"good. come back." el said.

"i will, i will. i'm at dustin's. DUSTIN, SAY HI." mike called out.

"HI, ELEVEN." dustin screamed.

"hi. come home. please." el breathed heavily into the phone.

mike sighed. "later. did you sleep alright?" he asked.

eleven paused. "no." was all she said.

"oh no. another bad dream?" mike was worried.

"yes." eleven replied.

"about the, uh, bad men?" mike asked.

"yes."

mike rubbed his forehead. "i'm sorry i wasn't there, el. really, i am."

"ok." she replied.

"well, i'll talk to you later, el. bye." mike was about to put the phone down

"wait!" eleven yelled.

"what is it?" mike replied.

"don't leave me." eleven started sobbing into the phone.

mike's heart sank. "please don't cry, el. i'm coming." he heard a loud "UGHHH" from dustin. "i'll see you soon, el." he hung up the phone and started to roll his sleeping bag up. "dustin, lets just go to my house." mike offered.

"sure." dustin threw mike's clothes back into his duffle bag for him and carried it up the stairs, as they had slept in the basement.

"MOM, I'M BIKING TO MIIIIIIIIIIIKES!" dustin yelled out.

"OKAY. CALL ME WHEN YOU ARE COMING BACK." she yelled to him from upstairs.

"OKAY." they walked outside and hopped on their bikes and started to bike to mike's house, with the duffel back in dustins seat and the sleeping back on the back of mikes bike. mike's heart was racing. he was so worried about eleven, he barely slept either.

"you must really be excited to see eleven." dustin said.

mike turned to face dustin, while still biking forwards. "really, dustin? she means a lot to me, an-"

"MIKE! LOOK OUT." dustin shouted. mike quickly faced forward to realize there was a truck right in front of him.

it was too late.

the truck slammed into mike's bike, sending both the bike and mike backwards.

"MIKE!" dustin hopped off of his bike and ran to mike, who was laying down on the pavement. dustin gasped at the sight, and immediately broke down in tears when he noticed mike was unconscious, and was bleeding from his head.

the mexican truck driver also got out and ran to where mike was lying. "I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T SEE HIM! IS HE OKAY?" he panicked.

"SOMEONE, CALL AN AMBULANCE!" dustin ignored the truck driver. the truck driver quickly ran into one of the neighbors houses, while dustin cried and stayed with mike

in a couple of minutes, an ambulance arrived and a couple of men hopped out. they all grabbed mike's body and put him on the white little bed, and put him in the ambulance. dustin jumped into the back as well, as they rolled off quickly to the hospital.

**
PLOT TWISSSSTTTT. SORRY