His Girl ► Teen Wolf / Bret...

By MoonstoneShadows

#9 in Brett Talbot as of 20/06/18 #7 in season 4 as of 11/4/21 An alpha, without a pack. It seems impossible... More

❂ Prologue ❂
Reviews
Chapter 1. - Moving
Chapter 2. - Welcome To Beacon Hills
Chapter 3.- The First Attack
Chapter 4. - Explanations
Chapter 5. - Past Events
Chapter 6. - Memories + PSTA gone wrong
Chapter 7. - Memories + PSTA Gone Wrong / Part 2
Chapter 8. - The Vault
Chapter 9. - Pack Thing
Chapter 10. - What's This? 21 Questions?
Chapter 11. - Rescuing Her
Chapter 12. - Mating
Chapter 13. - The Aftermath
Chapter 14. - Hospitals Are Not Keen On Supernaturals.
Chapter 15. - Surviving a Hospital
Chapter 16. - Secrets
Chapter 17. - The Reveal
Chapter 18. - Bonfire
Chapter 19. - Almost Killed, Again
Chapter 20. - Warehouse
Chapter 21. - Time To Fight
Chapter 22 .- Your Brothers Are What?
Chapter 23 .- The Wolf
Chapter 24 .- The Taking
Chapter 25.- Getting Rid Of Mom Plan
Chapter 26 .- The Change
Chapter 27.- On A Mission
Chapter 28.- Rogue
Chapter 29.- The Fight of the Mates
Chapter 30. - She's Back
Chapter 31. - Lost Mate

Epilogue

8.4K 174 238
By MoonstoneShadows

Several months later...

I couldn't believe he had died.

It pained me to say it aloud; my voice cracked each time.

Despite my cries for help, nobody could fix the problem. They told me it was a dead end, but I wouldn't back down. I wanted to persevere and do something. Nothing worked.

I broke down into tears and bawled my eyes out; my brothers had to rip me away from him, but I didn't separate my body from him without a fight.

His light had disappeared, diminished until it was gone.

I killed him. The more I tried to get him back to normal, the quicker he slipped from my grasp.

It was all my fault.

"What are you thinking about?" Two arms encircled my waist, and a head placed itself over the crook of my neck. The person took a deep breath, and I felt the arms tighten protectively.

I sighed, "You know how things changed since that day... I've not been the same," and looked down with a heavy heart.

He chuckled. "Danielle, you broke your phone! It's not the end of the world!" Brett said with disbelief.

My mouth was agape, "C'mon, he was so young, he had so much to live..." He turned me around and grabbed the sides of my face as he shook his head.

"You can be so dramatic at times; it's not like I was the one who died." He joked, pushing me playfully. But... he did almost die; my whole demeanour changed. That day was something I did not enjoy making fun of. Even recalling it didn't please me. The day I almost lost him.

Noticing my change in mood, he hugged me tight and apologised, "I'm sorry."

I locked my arms around his waist and dug my face into his chest. "It's fine. I don't think that you dying is something funny. That's all."

I closed my eyes, remembering that for a moment after Derek had told me this unconventional method, Brett's body didn't react. It had gone into a deep slumber, and I had thought he was gone, as well as my wolf. And I couldn't endure another loss.

That's another thing that made the situation even worse. To be able to save Brett, I had to sacrifice my wolf to be able to heal all of his wounds. My sacrifice had been in vain. However, Brett came around rightly after I had cried my eyes out.

That's why my eyes had changed to blue and not gold. The whole pack found the subject abstruse; they couldn't quite understand how that could imply the drastic change in colour—all but Derek, whom I now call a friend, who recently had evolved into a wolf himself.

We got close over time, with me teaching him how to shift properly and answering all his questions, even if I couldn't turn anymore.

People were running around us, and the whole atmosphere made me feel at home. The summer breeze embraced us, and all I can remember is how good it felt to run through these woods in my wolf form.

"Also, you don't even need it anymore; we mind-link each other. And now you can do that with your brothers, too." Brett stated.

"Don't remind me. Those goofballs have found another way to annoy me every day." You may be questioning yourself, huh? Mindlink her brothers? For all I know, they weren't werewolves. Well, some things have changed over the past few months.

Backtracking a little bit, after we were sure that Brett was okay, the whole scooby-doo gang returned home. My brothers helped me place Brett inside their car, but he was not stable enough to carry himself. We made our way back to Beacon Hills after saying our respected farewells.

Scott was kind enough to offer help if needed, and I said it once, and I'll repeat it: he deserves his title. The True Alpha had escaped death seconds ago and was already lending me a hand. I wished I had had him as my Alpha. Scott encouraged you to be your kindest self, the best version of yourself, but he still was so selfless that even in life-risking situations, he dared to place his whole pack (or even new friends) before his own life, like a True Alpha.

I'll miss the pack.

So, as I was saying, we drove our way back home. Holly Molly. We weren't prepared for what was awaiting us back home. One of them was an outraged mother.

I couldn't even describe the look on her face—red as a tomato, fuming with anger, smoke coming out of her ears—you name it, picture the angriest-looking person, and that was my mum. I didn't know that my brothers had locked her up in their room. She was clueless but couldn't get out, so she decided to call Mellissa McCall to get her out of there.

Those two will be best friends, both mothers of supernatural creatures. My mum could use a friend like her. The fact is, Mellissa knew what was going on, sort of, but she refused to tell my mum. Thankfully, she eased her into the situation. She prepared my mum for when we came home and gave her awaited explanations.

Her face changed from anger to horror when she saw our state. My brothers burst into the house carrying their guns, and Brett and I with our clothes drenched in blood and cuts.

"What happened!" she yelled and ran to Brett and me. She must have thought our cuts were real when they had already healed in the car ride.

"We need to call 911," she was visibly shaking. Her hands trembled as she reached to move my shirt to look at my wounds. Being a nurse, she doesn't look away if there's blood involved. My brothers quickly hid the guns behind their backs and began whistling with their eyes open, hoping that they would go unnoticed.

"What...?" She was confused as she checked more and more wounds. Her eyes grew wide as she stared at the hole in Brett's shirt, but much to her surprise, that wound was already healed, too.

"How?" She looked at me first, not acknowledging my brothers. Her tone was demanding as she pointed an accusing finger at me and crossed her arms. This action provoked Brett to let out a protective growl and place me behind him.

"Hey, she has every right to be mad at me." I grabbed his forearm softly and pulled myself from behind his body, which resembled a shield.

"At the three of us, actually," Alex said as he scratched the back of his neck with the gun in his hand like it was a normal thing to do. His voice had caught my menacing mum's attention; she shifted in her place, eyes wide, as she saw the weapons in her son's hands. "Ups," they yelled out, trying to conceal them.

My mum's mouth was agape, and a frown took over her features, "Wh-why do you have guns? And why did he...? Did he just growl at me?" my mum stuttered. Her shyness quickly disappeared, and her face was overtaken by fury again. 

"CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON WITH MY KIDS! I don't even recognise them anymore! My daughter goes MIA and then comes back with fake wounds, and her boyfriend, too? And my sons handle guns as if they belong to an army? Have I missed that much from your lives?" By this point, she was crying, and her voice quivered. The three of us looked at our mother with pity. She was blaming herself.

"No, Mum, you're the best," I said, taking her hands and whipping her tears away. This wasn't her fault. I felt worse because our actions made her blame herself when, in reality, we were the ones to blame for hiding the truth from her.

One of the twins handed his weapon to his brother and took Mum's hands from mine, "But there are some things we need to tell you..." He admitted, sighing. The day had come. He was mentally preparing himself to prevent himself from spilling the tea. We all were.

My mum was apprehensive, by the look on her face she knew that something was up, "I'll prepare some herbal tea then, it's going to be a long night. Why don't you guys go shower in the meantime?" She looked us up and down. I feel her words were mainly directed at Brett and me. Yeah, us.

We exchanged glances as we started making our way to the stairs. My hand gripped Brett's, and I took him upstairs. I think I still have some of his clothes in my closet, or I'll ask my brothers.

Alex's voice stopped us dead in our tracks, "Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

"Upstairs?" Brett replied.

The other twin raised his hand and shook it, "Oh hell no! Together? Pff, you may be mates, but she's still our little sister. You are coming with us," and Brett was ripped away from me. I obliged and continued my trail to my room.

I could feel a sudden pressure on the side of my skull. Brett was trying to mind-link me; a tear ran down my cheek as I knew we wouldn't have that trait anymore.

Dropping the veil for my mum was hard. I can even word it. Brett had stayed in my room sleeping, although he fought against it, insisting that he should stay by my side. After some convincing, he fell into a deep sleep. He needed it; we all did.

Mom took it better than we thought, but what broke her heart the most was discovering that Dad had hidden a secret from her, too. It was a lot to take in, first being, that supernatural beings exist, second, her daughter is one and third, her sons are skilled hunters. We left the Assassin context out so as not to stress her out even more. We said that my brothers were hunters rather than assassins, revealing that her side of the family were hunters, which she responded to pretty well. She said many things, like Grandpa's passion for weapons, made sense now.

We didn't give too many details about the werewolf world because she stood up before we could even finish. "I need to sleep; that's enough for one night," she said, locking herself in her room.

She didn't speak to us for days, and all of us understood. It's like all your life has been a lie. I called Scott and requested that her mum drop by and get her to talk to us or at least explain how things were for her safety.

I don't know what kind of magic she placed on my mum, but she barged into my room an instant later and hugged me tightly. Momma McCall has become my favourite Auntie.

A family--that was what we became over our stay in Beacon Hills.

It was sad that we moved, but they were also the best news of the week.

That was where we were now, back where we belong, Devenford Prep. Mum was still looking for a job, but she had a job interview yesterday, and by the smile on her face, something tells me that she got it.

Brett did miss a couple of days in school, a lot actually, but Satomi wrote a letter saying that they had gone into a spiritual retirement... Funny, I know. Thankfully, only the principal knew about it; Brett would be so ashamed.

Speaking of Satomi, I never really appreciated her as much as I do now. I never saw how observant she was and how she looked after her pack as much as Scott did.

"Also, now we can do this..." Brett's voice brought me back to my senses. He was looking at me and grinning at the same time while flashing his glowing werewolf eyes.

A pale red, not menacing, but very vibrant under the morning sun. The most beautiful Alpha's eyes I'd ever seen. I flashed mine back playfully, raising an eyebrow. He laughed with me and placed a tender kiss on my lips.

"Those eyes have never been more stunning. It's impressive how the red and blue collide in perfect sync."

"The four of us match perfectly," my wolf commented. I responded with a chuckle, and then my eyes returned to normal.

"Speaking to her again?" Brett said.

I raised my shoulders, "Now that she's back, she's not wasting her time." I wasn't lying. Ever since I got her back, she'd been like my brothers. Speaking to me twenty-four seven.

All thanks to Satomi.

And I couldn't thank her enough.

We were in her pack house, visiting Brett's sister, as she hadn't seen him since he had gone after me. Watching them embrace warmed my heart; Lori, my age, is still so innocent. I don't declare myself mature, but Brett has kept her in the shadows of this world to keep her away from danger as much as he could. But even doing that, the assassin matter involved them when they were after Brett in Devenford Prep—that night had been a scary one.

There was a knock on the door, and Satomi's head peeked inside Lori's room, "Danielle can I talk to you for a second?" she asked kindly. I nodded in response, not uttering a word, and looking one last time at the brothers, I followed her to her study.

She sat in her chair and gestured for me to do so in the chair in front of the desk. Woah, these chairs are very cushioned, my body almost disappeared into it by how big it was. My goofy actions made Satomi laugh; my childish demeanour quickly became more formal. Stupid! I'm in the presence of an Alpha! Show her some respect!

My scolding seemed funny: "There's no need for formalities, Danielle. I just wanted to propose..." She caught my attention as I continued to scoot further into the chair.

She continued, "You know that I'm no longer a young woman and as an Alpha, I want what's best for my pack. More and more teenagers have been becoming new pack members, and they don't connect with me, naturally."

When I stepped inside the pack house, I noticed some teenagers, some I recalled from Devenford Prep, lounging around in the living room. It seems strange that I never acknowledged that they weren't human.

But I still didn't get her point, "Satomi, but what does this have to do with me? Teenagers are rebellious; they'll get used to it."

"I'll go straight to the point. I'm planning on retiring," She quietly said, massaging her wrinkled temples.

My eyes widened, "Pardon me if I'm rude, but you can't leave the pack without an Alpha!"

"That's exactly why I requested you. You've been through enough. You've always been part of this pack since you became part of Brett's life, and I couldn't imagine anyone more suitable to pass on the Alpha's title." Her voice had turned serious.

My mouth was agape, "Do..Do you mean that...?" I stuttered.

She took my hands firmly, "I'm asking you to become the Alpha of this pack, Danielle."

It took me a few seconds to internalise what had been requested. "Satomi, it's an honour, but can't you give it to someone who deserves it more than me? I'm sure many would be thrilled to be in my place if-" my rambling was cut off.

"It was a unanimous decision. I questioned some pack members about who they'd like to have as their Alpha, and everyone's first answer was you. You've become part of our family, Danielle. They'll need you." I can't believe my ears. People, some over the age of thirty, voted for a teenager to rule them. To be their role model? This can't be real.

"I don't know if there's anything else I can do for you to accept. Can I beg on my knees? They want you as an Alpha. You could help the newly turned ones even at school. It would give them a feeling of comfort and safety, as their Alpha would be with them whenever they needed."

My voice cracked, "But I'm just an Omega now. I killed my wolf to save Brett. I'm not as strong as I used to be."

Satomi shook her head, "Danielle, don't you realise? You came back stronger than ever! We all know what you had to sacrifice, a part of yourself as a member of our pack. We value that." She had a hopeful smile spread on her face as she waited for an answer. There was something that she wasn't telling me at the moment.

"You can think as long as you want, but please consider it..." I stood up from my seat, rushed, and hugged her tight. "Thank you," I cried.

She embraced me like a mother, but moments later, I pulled back from the hug, "I'll accept it on one condition..."

"Anything, dear. Say it, and I'll do it."

I grinned, "Brett is given the title with me."

She smiled back.

And that's what happened. Our lives took another turn. Everything was falling into place, but that night, I cried as much as the day Brett came around.

"I loved that day too..." My wolf added. After all, it was the day that I got her back, too. I couldn't be more excited when she talked into my mind for the first time; I was ecstatic. I could feel the rush run through my veins, cruise through me.

The day Brett and I were declared Alphas of the pack. We couldn't be more proud of each other, but all their welcoming words made the overall experience easier.

Brett's werewolf eyes turned red, a uniform colour, but mine were different, like everything in my life. As Brett said, blue and red hues conform to my wolf eyes.

I've never seen anything like it in my life. My father did not record Alpha's eyes such as these in his books.

Satomi stood from the crowd and came to me to explain the whole story. My eyes balanced both colours because they define my journey. The blue remains symbolising that I've made sacrifices, often giving my life or putting it at risk in exchange for those I love. The red, the same shade my mate and I share, means that other than Alphas, we share a strong union and plan to keep the whole pack united.

Very poetic, I know.

"Feels good to be an Alpha again, lil' sis?" Our moment was interrupted as my brothers passed by, causing us to break apart.

"Would you like to spare Brett? A rematch?" Axel asked, showing his new set of claws and golden eyes. Stubborn Beta. It feels weird to call my older brothers my Beta's, so we refer to us as a family rather than a pack.

"Still have that bruised ego from last time?" 

My boyfriend laughed, remembering. In the distance, Alex went after Brett's sister and hugged her. It looked like there would be a new couple in the future. Brett would have his head if he hurt her, and I would, too. Lori was as much of a little sister as I was to my brothers.

After we became Alphas, they begged us to turn them. I was initially reluctant, knowing the risks of the bite, but they wouldn't shut up about it. Seeing as the only way to make them silent was to welcome them to the pack as a member, we gave in. They switched the guns for the claws. If I was honest, they suited them better.

Having my brothers around is always a plus. Now I get to teach them everything Dad taught me. This way, it feels like I'm making him proud, like he's still with us, or a part of him, at least.

A phone vibrated in Brett's pocket, "Maybe another time," he said as he took it out and unlocked the screen.

He let out a low growl, "Looks like Wolfy needs another training session." He showed me the phone, lacking enthusiasm. It was Derek. He was delighted when I told him I was head of the pack again. I even offered to join, but he declined my offer, kindly saying he wouldn't stay around for too long.

Brett looked at me, his lips forming a firm line. A sudden feeling reached my body in waves. He was jealous.

A frown took over my face as I swung my arms around his neck; out of habit, he went to my waist.

"You know that he's just a friend. I'm just helping him get used to this new feature. I helped you, too..." I stated.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them once he released the air. "I have to admit, shifting into a wolf isn't an easy task," he said. Yes, both of us changed into wolves. My white coat of fur contrasted with his dark brown one.

We share everything, being mates, each trait one of us had, assuming the Alpha position, to level the playing field, getting my wolf back meant being able to shift again, and him too.

It was hard to get used to the strength again, hence why I broke my phone. I had it clutched in my hand. I didn't realise what I was doing until it went dead. The mid-like is a lifesaver. Who needs phones between a pack when you can scare the crap out of anyone anywhere and anytime?

"But that doesn't mean I won't get jealous," he breathed in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

He pulled me close. "You're my mate, my girl..." he whispered above my lips, giving them a soft peck.

The tingles I felt made me giggle. The sparks were so magical that I couldn't imagine his touch without them.

"Yours," I replied, a grin spreading across my mate's face. He rested his forehead against mine, and we breathed in each other's scent, calming our wolves.

A thought came to mind, "You know what's even better?"

He opened his eyes slowly, "What?"

"You're playing against Beacon Hills High in a few weeks," I stated.

I was very excited about it—not only because I would get to see Brett play but also because I'd see the whole pack again. I didn't know if Derek also told them about my current status, but if he hadn't, I'd ask him to let me be the one who surprises them the next time we see each other. I didn't know if he had stayed in contact with them, too, so I'd keep our encounters hidden, just in case.

His eyes shone with happiness, "I completely forgot about that."

His excitement reached me through the bond, he jumps at the chance of competition. He's changed, he's no longer cocky, or at least not as much as he used to be, but when it comes to lacrosse, nothing holds him back.

"Hopefully, we won't come across any crazy supernatural creature." He hugged me again, lifting me from the ground and twirling me in the air.

When he placed me back on the ground, I whispered, holding him close to me, "We can't be sure. But as long as we have each other, we'll be okay."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

THE END

First of all, I want to thank you, reader, for coming this far in this story. It has been a long journey, whether you first read it two years ago when I first started publishing his girl or just a few months or weeks ago. Either way, I can't thank you enough for taking your time and reading my book.

I cry out of happiness, knowing that this chapter is finally finished and that I have concluded a project I started when I was younger. I can't believe it, nor can I put into words all the feelings and thoughts that cross my mind as I'm typing this.

I can't stress it enough, thank you.

Danielle and Brett's story has ended, but they'll always be in my heart as the creator of their love story. I hope some parts touched your hearts, too, and I apologise if at any time you wanted to rip my head off or something...

I don't know what else to say other than stay true to yourself and keep reading on Wattpad. *I heard about a new story called MOONCHILD; I hope that turned out okay.* Thank you for all the support you've given me throughout the whole book.

Comments and likes do help, more than anyone can imagine, writing isn't just for the reads and likes, like a youtube video, but they encourage us to keep writing and know which chapters are more interesting for you guys!

Last two things:

I wanted to know if any of you would be interested in writing a review for the story. I'd like to make a whole chapter with them for new readers so that they can get a perspective of what is to come for them from the point of view of someone who isn't the author. So, if anyone is down, please DM me, and your review will be placed in a new chapter at the beginning of the book (with your username included unless you don't want that).

And secondly, I love you all with all my heart,

XXXX

Leave a comment about what you thought of the book or your journey throughout it! I'd love to hear your stories...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.1K 1.6K 22
'why is eggplant named eggplant? it doesn't have anything to do with eggs!' 'daddario! i found wife for you!!!' in which emeraude's friend is matt's...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
231K 4.2K 35
Ariel is jsut like her older sister. The Lydia Martin. She gets all she needs. All the stares with boys She gets involved woth a particular dirty blo...
666K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...