Red String {EDITING}

By IllenisThorn

Why was her hair red? Simple... Because she dyed it in the blood of her enemies. *** One mistake. That was al... More

| Foreword |
Prologue | The Stringmaker
Chapter One | The Way Back Home
Chapter Two | Through the Forest
Chapter Three | Of Assassins and Alphas
Chapter Four | Meeting Rylan
Chapter Five | Job Offers and Adjustments
Chapter Six | The Barracks
Chapter Seven | A Noisy Dinner
Chapter Eight | Cypher Division
Chapter Nine | Tracking Frost
Chapter Ten | A Night Out
Chapter Eleven | The Lion's Head
Chapter Twelve | Purple Dreams
Chapter Thirteen | Strings and Snakes
Chapter Fourteen | Poisonous Breadcrumbs
Chapter Fifteen | Truths and Answers
END OF RECENT EDITS
Chapter Thirteen: A Relatively Normal Day
Chapter Fourteen: Strengths and Gifts
The New Normal
Surprises
Confessions and Consequences
A Suffocating Blanket
A Bloody Message
An Unexpected Visitor
Kings and Queens
Threats and Promises
If Only He Hadn't Worn Gloves
The Alpha and The Rogue
Battling Blaze
The Birth of the Red Devil
Purple Poison
Little Sister
Public Transport Hell
The Angel of Blagmoor
Stonewall Castle
Red Eyes
Training in the Glade
A Rather Short Battle
Aftermath
Back to Blagmoor
Awkward Imprints
Arrow's Arrival
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Frost and Lightning
Elders
Lyra's Ability
Lyra's Fight
The One Who Conquers
Pestilence
Epilogue

Shadows of the Past

1.7K 149 12
By IllenisThorn

When Lyra woke she blinked in confusion, staring up at the white ceiling she never remembered falling asleep under.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Blaze's voice made her pause.

She shot up off the unfamiliar sofa. "Where's Rylan?!"

"He carried you back inside before he left for the press conference." Blaze explained. "He didn't have a choice I'm afraid, Finn was very insistent about him getting this over and done with. It was either take you with him, or leave you here... and trust me, you'll be more comfortable here... especially if questions relating to your past come up." He shook his head. "If they found out about all your misdeeds before they found out about your circumstances..."

"He's basically going to tell the entire Pack that he's found his mate, and give them a few details about you." Blaine sat down on the other side of her, switching the TV on, revealing a very animated Rylan chatting with the newswoman. "See?"

"He'll be back in a couple of hours. Morning news only lasts until ten." Blaze reassured her, glancing sideways at her. "Would you like something to eat?" He asked. "You must be hungry after what you and Rylan did last night... out in the gardens..."

"He hasn't marked me yet." Lyra scowled, showing him her bare shoulder. "We didn't do anything except sleep."

"And cuddle." Blaine added.

"He could've marked you in a more private place for all I know..." The blonde grinned, at least until a hand slammed into the top of his head.

"Blaze, behave." A blue-haired Alpha sighed. "Lyra, breakfast is in the kitchen. Rylan made it before he left, and he's set some aside for you." Rain splattered across the windows, makingthe guy raise his voice thanks to thewind howling outside, the glass rattling dangerously.

"Looks like a storm's coming..." Blaze said. "Earlier than expected too... It wasn't supposed to come until we were all safely tucked away in bed..." White lightning shot down from the sky with a loud crack, making Lyra flinch. "Oy! Scaredy-cat." The blonde stared at her sceptically. "You can generate lightning, so you shouldn't be terrified of it..."

"This storm..." Lyra's eyes narrowed on the clear blue sky just outside Blagmoor Castles walls. "He's here."

"Huh?"

"Battle stations everyone." A second blonde strode into the room. "We've got an intruder."

"Thorn...?" Blu turned. "Are you certain?"

"I wouldn't be telling you if I wasn't." Thorn folded his arms, his red eyes scanning all of theirs. "The guards at the gate are dead, and we've got a rather localised storm brewing."

"He's here." Lyra sighed, grabbing the sword Thorn was holding out to Blaine. "Omega Taurus's one-man army..."

"You know who it is?" Blaze turned to her, holding a staff – his weapon of choice.

"Omega Taurus rarely ever use him..." She said, eyeing up the door, shifting her grip on her sword. "He's called the Walking Apocalypse for a reason."

"Have you ever fought with him?" Thorn glanced at her.

"He's called a one-man army, idiot." She rolled her eyes. "Nobody's ever went into battle with or against him and lived to tell about it... He destroys everything... Hence his other name..."

"My, my." A voice made her freeze. "I'm flattered."

Lyra spun, her sword arcing over a head full of ear-length white hair. Purple eyes surveyed her curiously, looking her up and down.

"Now, now, little Red." He flicked her in the chest, sending her flying back into the nearest wall. "Do me a favour and stay down. I'd hate for your pretty little head to get lost in the crossfire..." A wide smirk played across his lips. "But then again, you know everything about losing your head, don't you?"

"Don't touch them." Lyra hissed, her whole body sparking with red lightning as she stumbled back to her feet.

"Don't worry." He laughed. "My sword is the only thing that'll be touching them... Although there might be a boot or two depending on how good they are."

Lyra snarled, leaping towards him, inky black claws replacing her fingernails.

"Tch." The white-haired man sighed, sidestepping her swiping claws, calmly clipping a silver handcuff around one wrist. He jerked on the silver chain, yanking her off-balance, laughing slightly as she fell to the floor at his feet. "Sorry, Red Devil, but our chief interrogator wants you back... You're far too valuable, unlike the other two."

"Stay down, Lyra." Blaine sighed, watching as the guy rested a foot on her back. "Don't worry. We'll get you out of this... Even if we have to cut his leg off..."

"You do know what this sword of mine is, don't you?"

"Please enlighten us." Blaze sighed, spinning his staff around in his hands.

"It's a weapon of the Apocalypse." Thorn and Blaine spoke at the same time, staring at the purple flames flickering about the silvery black blade.

"Oho..." The white-haired man grinned. "So some of you know..."

"My mother actually gave me something to help fight against those weapons." Thorn tilted his head. "I don't suppose you'll let me go and get it, will you?"

"Hardly." Purple eyes narrowed on his red ones. "I know what you are." He leapt forwards. "Which is why you'll be the first one to die."

Metal clashed with metal, purple flames sparking off two different blades as Blaine stepped between them.

Purple eyes locked on the matching set momentarily, before they fell to the purple flaming sword in the Alpha's grasp. "Traitor." He muttered.

Blaine rolled his eyes. "I prefer the term renegade."

"Squealer."

"Turncoat." Blaine countered.

Purple eyes burnt with fury. "Snake."

"Defector."

"Treasonist!"

Blaine snorted. "Hun, you should take a look in the mirror."

"Two-timer!"

Blaine blinked. "Dude, I've never had two relationships going at one time..."

The white-haired man stomped his foot on the ground. "Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" Blaine shrugged. "Being the voice of reason?"

"More like the voice of treason..." He muttered.

"What was that?" Blaine asked. "I didn't quite catch that..."

"Just die already!" He scowled, gritting his teeth as purple flames burst out of every inch of his blade.

"Sorry, Hun." Blaine grinned. "I don't feel like dying today." He said, watching as matching purple flames burst out of his sword – responding to the other. Purple flames formed a hungry maw, snapping eagerly at the white-haired man who was now starting to edge backwards ever so slightly.

"Who are you?" Purple eyes relocked on Blaine's matching ones.

"Just your everyday werewolf." Blaine said. "Now, unless you want me to find you some nice silver wrist accessories, I suggest you leave."

"Why?" He tilted his head. "You scared?"

Blaine shook his head, sighing deeply. "I could knock you off your feet anytime, Hun... but then I'd probably destroy at least half of Blagmoor Castle..." He shrugged. "I'd prefer to avoid that, but if you want to..." Purple flames crackled hungrily, a dangerous smile cracking at Blaine's lips. At least, there was up until the point he saw the man had fled through a massive hole in the wall. "Aww... Was it something I said?" He laughed, watching as his silvery black flaming sword disappeared into thin air.

"Blaine...?" Thorn stared sideways at him.

"We all have a past, Thorn." The purple-eyed Alpha sighed, running a hand through his chestnut brown hair, his gaze flickering over to Lyra as Blaze helped her to her feet. "Some are just more painful than others..."

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Sooo... What'd you all think of the story so far?

Are you intrigued?

Confused?

Hopefully not the latter, but anyway... Hope you're all still present and enjoying my first story.

I'll be updating soon, so stay tuned.

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633K 20.4K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
22.7K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
132K 7.3K 51
In a world where werewolves reign in the supernatural realm-also where humans are still oblivious to the existence of such creatures-Vladimira Volchi...
653K 34.2K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...