Mirror

By SheNiceB

Growing up, all Giselle wanted to do was become a singer. It was the only thing that brought her happiness an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Status
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Question and Discuss
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter Update
Chapter 15
16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 pt. 1
Chapter 18 pt. 2

Chapter 13

307 24 15
By SheNiceB

I was out for dinner with Kelly and Gabrielle. Although I was staying with them, we got here separately. I didn't want them going through the hassel of the paparazzi. We got seated in the back because, duh, windows.

"Mommy, I don't want to eat here," Gabrielle said.

"You don't even know what they serve," Kelly told her. "Go over the menu first and stop acting up."

She fixed her face and picked up the menu. I couldn't have done that. I probably would have just left and took her to McDonald's or something.

"Can you stop staring at me?" I heard.

I snapped out of my trance and frowned. I hadn't noticed that my focus was on her. Things like that are telling. It's another reason I keep my distance. I started to get smart with her, but I kept quiet, focusing on my menu.

"So, I have some big news to share," Kelly said, grabbing my attention.

I made a mental note to ask about the rattatouille.

"I'm going to open a botique," Kelly announced excitedly.

"Mommy, do they have spaghetti?" Gabrielle asked.

"That's great, Kelly. Do you have a location in mind?" I asked. "Gabby, try the pizza."

"They don't have it or I would have asked for it."

"It's spelt with an 'e'," I said before Kelly laid into her.

I can't blame her for how she acts towards me. I all but ignore her, according to my boyfriend not knowing I had a "goddaughter". Kelly smiled before going on about the location of her botique. A waiter came out to take our order. I ordered the rattatoullie. Kelly ordered spaghetti rustichella. He asked Gabrielle, who just paused.

"She'll take a personal margherita and a...Sprite to drink."

He nodded and took the menus. Both of them were looking at me. I shrugged. I didn't want to be here all night waiting on Kelly to figure something out for Gabrielle to eat and then she be unhappy with it.

"I'm used to the language on the menu," I simply brushed it off. "Oh, Kelly. Jay is going to be coming into town. I'll more than likely stay with him in his hotel. So, don't freak if I don't show up or I'm not there when you wake up one morning."

"Is he coming tonight?" she asked.

"No. I'm not too sure when. Hopefully not too soon. No distractions during this album process," I took a sip of my wine. "Now, when do you think you'll have this botique up and running?" I asked.

Our food quickly came out while I changed the subject.

I don't know why, but I don't think Kelly likes Jay too much. They've only met twice, but she's...distant whenever I bring him up. After dinner, we quickly left together out the back, avoiding the paparazzi who were waiting out front. Gabrielle was seated in the middle. Kelly doesn't let her sit near doors. She's so protective. Kelly leaned up and whispered in the ear of the driver, showing him her phone. He nodded and pulled off. I felt a quick tap on my arm and looked down.

"Thank you for the pizza," she said.

I gave a quick, small smile and head nod.

"You're welcome."

The rest of the ride was kind of quiet. The car stopped and Kelly squealed. I chuckled. It hasn't been many times I've seen Kelly this excited about anything.

"Come on, come on, come," she said, hopping out the car.

"Kelly, it's dark. Why don't we just wait until tomorrow?" I asked.

I was full and sleepy and from the heaviness on my arm, so was Gabrielle.

"Beyoncé, it'll be quick."

"What'd you just call me?" I scooted out the car.

"Giselle, stop stalling. Gabby, baby. Wake up?" she whispered in the kid's ear.

"I'm not sleep," she mumbled.

Kelly smirked and looked at me, making me blush. Whatever Kelly, lol. She held Gabrielle's hand and helped her out the car.

"Is this Robertson?" I asked.

"Yep," she beamed.

Holy shit! Robertson was popping right now. It was one of the hottest streets in LA right now. I quickly grabbed her into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you. Congratulations," I squealed.

"We're going inside, Mommy?" Gabrielle asked, holding onto Kelly.

"Not tonight, baby girl. I need to get you in the bed," she kissed Gabrielle's head, then went back to the car with me following.

Gabrielle laid her head in Kelly's lap and went back to sleep. Kelly had her head up against the window. We rode in silence. When we got outside the building, Kelly groaned.

"You ok, Kells?"

"Yeah, B. I mean, G. I'm fine. Just a little tired. Gabby, baby, come on," Kelly whispered in Gabby's ear.

"Shorty can take her in. Don't wake her up, " I whispered.

"No, she's fine. She needs to take a bath or shower anyways. Gabby, come on, baby."

I followed behind them into their building, in the elevator and into their apartment. I went straight to the guest room and removed my shoes. For a moment, I laid on bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about Kelly's behavior tonight. I know I wasn't imagining things. She definitely called me by my stage name twice tonight. I pulled out my phone and pressed 2 on speed dial.

"'Sup Bey?" he answered.

"Is that how we're greeting each other now?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry, babe. Put that damn eyebrow down," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and kissed my teeth. He thinks he knows me so well. Granted, I did have my eyebrow up.

"That's better. How was your day?"

"Tiring. Lot on my plate," he responded.

I could hear how tired he was. I didn't wanna keep him on the phone too long.

"I can hear it in your voice. I'm not gonna build you-"

"Nah, don't hang up. I'm surprised you're not in the studio right now."

"I did sun-up till sun down. I'll pull an all nighter tomorrow, though. Did you figure out a date that you're coming down? I want you to hear  what I've got so far."

"Just admit you miss me," he laughed.

"I don't miss you, negro. I just want your honest opinion on some of the songs I have recorded."

Of course I missed him. But his ego is big enough as is.

"I know you miss me. I miss you, too. I gotta go handle something, but Imma get my assistant to check my schedule and then I'll get back at you, ight?" he asked.

"Okay. Night."

I kissed the phone and hung up.

Okay, new update. Comment and vote.

1). So, Kelly. Beyoncé, excuse me, I mean Giselle thinks she's being weird. Is she reading too much into it or is there a cause for alarm?
2). What's up with Kelly's dislike of Jay? Or is that all in Giselle's head, too?
3). Aww, she ordered pizza for her and Gabby said thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 1.8K 19
"Why do you hate me so much?" Short story đź’‹
301 7 1
Giselle was never normal, She knew that. She never knew life any other way. What she never knew was she wasn't the only one. As she battles through l...
196K 10.3K 50
Jay Just Landed A Job At Knowles Record Label, He Thinks He Won't Have No Problems Working There. Until He Stumbles Across A Beauty The Only Problem...
40.5K 3.5K 33
since y'all wanted to get on me about it, HERE ! love you guys. enjoy. a oneshot turned into a book.