Taming My Player

By confusedwithdreams71

Jaiden just started at a new boarding school. She decided at this new school she would live in the present an... More

Welcome to Hollows
Where are these boys coming from?
Internal Battles
Amami Per Sempre
Big Kid Party
Party Time?
Memories
Room 3212
New Friends
Confusion
Stalking
Lies
Chinese Food
Lies Revealed
Movie Date
Changes

Revenge

1.5K 17 6
By confusedwithdreams71

Recap

 I had a feeling every song I would listen to right now would somehow associate with Jaiden in my mind. I aimlessly started driving, not ready to get back to Hollows just yet. 

******************************************************************************************************************

Jaiden's POV

 Walking out of the Italian restaurant, I felt the tears start to collect in the corner of my eyes. Riley looked over at me and sympathetically smiled. He wound his tan muscular arm around my waist bringing me to a stop.

"Jaiden, don't let that girl make you cry! You are so beautiful. Don't listen to a word of the crap she said. She was just jealous," Riley said his blue eyes filled with compassion.

I let out a shaky breath and responded, "You're right."

My words wavered and cracked making me sound less sure of myself. Riley pulled me into his chest and held me there rubbing soothing circles on my back. A few tears escaped, so I cuddled into his chest further feeling some comfort from his warmth.

"Sweetheart, don't cry please," he whispered in my ear.

He started sweetly calming me down by whispering in my ear. He practically cooed into my ear, and I started feeling better. I drew in a deep breath knowing I had cried enough over what that bitch said. I stepped out of Riley's arms which caused him to frown slightly. Even though I found comfort in Riley's arms, he didn't feel like Ash. For some reason, even though I know Ash was one of the reasons I was crying in the first place, I wanted to turn back into the restaurant and let him hold me until I felt better. I knew I couldn't do that, so I searched for comfort in another way. With Riley.

Riley grabbed my hand, making me lose my train of thought.

"Come on. I know this small place that sells the best hot chocolate. Will you go with me please?" Riley asked sweetly.

I threw a half-smile on my face hoping he'd buy it. He was being so sweet. I couldn't say no, even though I wanted to. Keeping my fake smile on my face I nodded. He seemed satisfied with my response, so he must have not seen through it. I bet Ash would have, I thought. I scolded myself as soon as I thought that. I shouldn't be thinking about him anymore. I'm better without him. At least that was what I was trying to convince myself.

He pulled me toward a white Range Rover and opened my door.

"Thanks," I said quietly.

He jogged around to his side and got in. He turned on the radio station that only had pop and rap songs.

"Girls like this shit right?" he asked not really looking like he cared if I didn't like the music.

I just nodded even though I hated this kind of music.

"So Jaiden, tell me about yourself," he asked while I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

The conversation already seemed forced and awkward, and it barely even began. I avoided the question because honestly, I didn't want to tell Riley anything about me. I scolded myself for not giving him a chance. He did, after all, help me out of the situation with Ash. He even let me cry on his shoulder, and I barely knew him. Now he was taking me for hot chocolate, and all I'm doing is being rude in return. Stupid Ash had to ruin everything. Had I not met him, I would be bouncing with eagerness over a hot guy like Riley talking to me. Now he seemed kind of plain after getting to spend some time with Ash. 

I shook my head clearing me out of my thoughts to respond, "Not much to tell. How about you tell me something about yourself?"

He didn't seem too opposed to the idea, and began to tell me plenty about him. I was only half listening but what I gathered was that he was on the baseball and track team. Apparently he was quite the star on them, or at least that's what he told me. He knew Reed and Tye from the baseball team, and they had been friends since their freshmen year. He was now a senior like me, and he was waiting for a good scholarship to some college he wanted to go to. He talked about himself literally the entire way over to the little coffee shop with the "amazing hot chocolate". I was starting to get a little annoyed. I know I asked him to tell me something, but I wasn't expecting a life story. I tuned out and began looking out the window.

"We're here," Riley said a few minutes later, making me snap out of my thoughts.

We both got out of his car and walked toward the entrance of the small bistro. It was cute and looked family owned. I walked to the front door and opened it for myself. Apparently his gentlemanly gestures were over, because he walked in before me without even saying thank you for holding the door. I walked in, and I audibly gasped.

This was the kind of place I could spend hours in. The whole place had books from floor to ceiling. They had little sliding ladders that led you to the top if you needed a book from there. There were small wooden tables along with black comfy booths in the middle of the store. People were sitting around whispering with friends, reading, and studying. I absolutely loved to read, and by the look of it the place had plenty books. I made a mental note to come back to this place by myself, so I could read in peace.

"Wow, this place is really cute," I said looking over to Riley.

He chuckled and said, "I guess. I just really like the hot chocolate."

I guess he doesn't like to read I thought to myself. Although, he didn't strike me as the type that did, so I wasn't very surprised. He seemed more like a party boy. That didn't bother me because I wanted to be invited to parties. Maybe Riley would be the key to some invitations. We began to wait in a short line to order. The wait wasn't long and soon I found myself face to face with an elderly woman. Her gray hair was put up in a sloppy bun kept together by a pencil. Her eyes were shining bright, and she looked full of life.

"What would you like Sugar?" she asked smiling.

"She'd like a hot chocolate. So would I," Riley said stepping in front of me.

I started to get kind of angry. I was perfectly capable of ordering for myself, but he seemed to think he had to do that for me. The woman taking my order peered around Riley looking slightly annoyed.

"Honey, is that what you want?" she asked me looking pointedly at Riley.

"Yes ma'am thank you," I said smiling weekly.

Riley wasn't turning out exactly like I thought he would when I first met him. I sighed and started walking away.

Riley grabbed my hand, "Dammit,Sweetheart, I'm sorry I forgot my wallet at Hollows, will you buy? I promise to pay you back," he said.

Something about the story didn't seem to add up. He was in the Italian restaurant, so how was he expecting to pay there?

"Why were you at the Italian restaurant if you didn't have money?" I asked suspiciously.

He turned slightly red, "I just remembered I didn't have it."

"Okay, sure, I'll pay," I said not quite believing his story.

Riley smiled then turned to go pick up the hot chocolates at the other side of the bar where they were served. I sighed pulling my wallet out of my purse. The woman that I ordered from had watched the whole exchange. Her eyebrows were furrowed in as I walked up to pay her.

"Honey, don't you worry about paying. It's on me. That's some guy you got there," she said sarcastically.

"Yes ma'am he sure is something," I said rolling my eyes slightly.

She broke into a smile and laughed making her look younger.

"Jaiden, baby, you coming? I got baseball practice we need to get going," Riley said loudly from the other side of the coffee shop.

He completely disturbed everyone trying to read and study quietly. My face turned red with embarrassment at his ignorance. The woman huffed in annoyance, and I turned giving her an apologetic look. She gave me one back, as if apologizing I had to be with Riley. I was relieved he had practice, and I could go back home. I was getting annoyed with Riley. I walked quickly over to him, to avoid him screaming again.

"Here you go babe," he said handing me the styrofoam mug.

"Thanks," I said while putting the top of the cup to my lips.

I took a small sip, and my eyes opened wide. This was really good hot chocolate. Riley saw my reaction and laughed.

"Told you," he said winking.

He slipped his hand into my free one, and I started to feel my annoyance for him leave my body. We walked to his car, and we made our way back to Hollows in silence due to our drinks. However, this silence wasn't as comfortable as the one with Ash and me. I sipped my drink clearing my mind of Ash, when we pulled up to his parking spot at the school.

Riley turned to me and asked, "Hey I know we just met and all, but do you want to go to a party tomorrow with me? Most of the Senior class will be there, and it will be on a Saturday night so you can sleep the hangover away."

I rolled my eyes, definitely a party boy. I started getting excited at the invitation to go to a party. This was my first day here, and I was already getting invited to a popular party with a hot guy. This is definitely living my life more fun, I thought satisfied with myself.

"Yeah, I'd love to go!" I said excitedly.

He smiled and grabbed his phone telling me to put my number in. I punched my number and name in and placed his Iphone back in his hand.

"I better go," I said smiling getting out of the car.

"I'll text you tomorrow with the details," he replied getting out of the car and walking the opposite way.

I grinned the whole way home all thoughts of Ash gone...almost.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Riley's POV

Damn that girl was freaking annoying. Why the hell did she start crying on me. I hate when girls cry on me. It's annoying. Girls are so weak, they're only good for one thing. However, Jaiden, will be good for two things. One for sex and the other to make Ashton mad.

Today was great when she left with me. He was so jealous, he looked like he wanted to murder me. I bet it didn't feel so good when someone else got your girl. Now he knew how I felt when he stole my girl, Becca. He probably didn't even remember hooking up with her. That's how little she meant to him, but to me she was my everything.

She had honey blond hair that was long and slightly wavy. She was tan and had the best body and butt. Her blue eyes were absolutely beautiful, and I loved her and told her every day how much she meant to me. That didn't stop her from getting with Ashton the night at the party. Granted, I was getting with other girls too, but that was in my nature. She knew I loved her best and that was all that mattered. The other girls meant nothing to me. Now Becca was with some other bastard. We have been broken up for a few months now, and I'm ready to take my revenge on Ashton. 

I knew as soon as the elevator opened, earlier today, when he stepped in front of Jaiden protectively that my opportunity had finally come. Ashton is never protective of a girl. He usually could care less. That was the first indication that Jaiden meant something to him. Then when he sat there and glared at us like he wanted to kill us was the second indication. That was all it took. I knew that I would make sure I got between Ashton and Jaiden no matter what. It was only fair.

I had left Jaiden's dorm room after the elevator incident ready to plot my next move, when I saw them leaving and going towards Ashton's car. I decided to follow to see where they were going. Following them a few cars back, I was surprised when Ashton turned into the Italian restaurant. He really was whipped, he would never take any other girl on a date. This was what I had been patiently waiting for.

Then everything came to easily. My stars were aligned when that brown haired girl went up to Ashton fuming and slapped the living daylights out of him. I knew that I wouldn't get another opportunity this good, so I moved in. I could tell Jaiden was offended by what the other girl had said, even though I thought it was true as well. I slipped my arms around her pretending to be worried over her.

Later, when we were in the car, I was glad she haadn't felt like talking about herself because I didn't give a damn. I brought her to the shitty little coffee place most of the girls love. The woman that took our order was the same lady that's always there when I bring girls to the bistro. I could tell she didn't like me, but again, I didn't give a damn. I told Jaiden soon after that I had baseball practice, when in reality I just didn't want to hang out with her anymore.

Once we were back at school, the rest of my plan folded out perfectly. She eagerly agreed to go to the party with me. I knew Ashton would be there, and I couldn't wait until I saw his face when he realized Jaiden and I were there together. I was going to have sex with Jaiden tomorrow whether she liked it or not because that's what Ashton deserved. I smiled to myself, this was way to easy.

********************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! Yeah I know..... Riley is a CREEPER! Tell me what your thoughts were on this chapter! Thank you so much for reading, voting, commenting, and supporting my book! This all means so much to me. Do you guys think Ash and her should try to start a relationship, or should we introduce another character to be Jaiden's lover?(; Thanks so much to the people that have been continuously commenting and reading...  I love you guys! I'll try to post more often, but I'm really busy lately with it being the end of the year. Sorry for the grammar!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 27K 28
LINE OF CARTERS! (BOOK 2): You probably heard of Damien Carter. The Player of players. Well, it's time to introduce you guys to his little cousin...
3.1K 44 5
Sadie Harrison was not the type of girl to play games. Especially not ones that messed with other peoples emotions, but when her Cousin Austin "ruine...
217K 5.8K 15
Meet the girls at Rogerson's Dance Camp. They all are rich, goody-goody girls that have never broken one rule and don't plan on it anytime soon. They...
30.6K 1.2K 22
Lynn Jordan is an aspiring ball player, seeking help to make it in the big leagues. She's not doing well at first, so her brother Deandre gets help...