Waiting For Spider-Man | An A...

By iam_thenerd

***Chapter 3 is currently unavailable because of some copyright issues. A new version will be written and pos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Got to Start Somewhere
Chapter 2 - A Date or Not a Date?
Chapter 4 - Spider-Man
Chapter 5 - Trust Me
Chapter 6 - The Stunned Spider
Chapter 7 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 8 - Remedies for Sadness
Chapter 9 - Answers
Chapter 10 - Bridges and Lizards and Spiders, Oh My!
Chapter 11 - She's Dancing With Strangers
Chapter 12 - She's Falling Apart
Chapter 13 - Shopping
Chapter 14 - Sleepover at Gwen's
Chapter 15 - Peter's Point of View
Chapter 16 - Three Words...Well Four Actually
Chapter 17 - Antidote
Chapter 18 - I'll Always Save You
Chapter 19 - Never Let Me Go
Chapter 20 - I'm Yours
Chapter 21 - Our story Continues (Bonus)
Chapter 23 - She's Talking to Angels (Bonus)
Chapter 24 - Runnin' Home To You (Bonus)
Chapter 25 - Two Words For My Annabelle Louise (Bonus)
Chapter 26 - Waiting For Spider-Man (Bonus)

Chapter 22 - He Was Once My Friend (Bonus)

12.9K 309 184
By iam_thenerd

1 Week later

(Annabelle's POV)

"There he is." Gwen pointed to where Peter was. Electro had him trapped but luckily enough for us he was right in our path.

"Hold on to something!" I instructed Gwen. "We're going through that gate and running Electro over." I told her my plan quickly and then stepped on the gas. The sound of us crashing through the gate seemed to have caught Electro's attention but he was too slow because I hit him, launching him a bit of distance. The moment the car came to a complete stop my door flung open and I jumped.

"Are you crazy?" Peter practically shouted as he pulled me from the car. "Oh my god I can't believe you just did that." He exclaimed and hugged me tight. Gwen ran around the car to us and Peter looked at her. "I can't believe you helped her." Electro began to move and slowly stand up. Peter started to push us towards the Power station. "Go, go! Get the power back on" Gwen and I ran towards the tower.

"We can do this, no pressure." I said as we carefully ran the the building. The entire place was a wreck, wires flying from the ceiling, control panels smoking. We checked every room that wasn't locked until we came across one with its door wide open. "This has got to be it." I stated. Unfortunately as we entered we found two dead men, most likely the ones who ran the station. We both walked over to the big panel in front of the window. I watched as Peter was just narrowly avoiding Electro.

"The override switch is locked." Gwen informed me. "I'll find the key." She said and walked away as I nodded. I continued to watch Peter. I hope he can do this. "Got it." Gwen called to me. I looked over at her and she tossed me the key. I quickly inserted it into the lock and got ready to hit the switch. But when I looked up, Peter was right where the electricity was going to flow through, using his web to connect the missing parts.

"Oh my god." I whispered as Gwen appeared my side. I waited to pull the switch, I couldn't pull it while Peter was right there. Electro was hitting him with another wave of electricity and I winced just from watching. Peter pulled the web together.

"Now Belle! Do it now!" He shouted. I hesitated but closed my eyes and pulled the switch. Just as I opened my eyes I saw Peter get flung down from where he was. But thankfully the electricity was being sent back at Electro now. This would destroy him. Gwen and I held up our hands to shield our eyes as Electro pretty much exploded. Once the bright light was gone I ran from the room to get to Peter as fast as I could.
When Gwen and I exited the building, I could see Peter just starting to rise from the ground. I ran over to him, helped him up and then pulled him into a hug. As Peter hugged me back he looked over to Gwen.

"I think we can still make your flight!" He shouted. There was an evil laugh followed by the hum of a small engine. Gwen froze in her spot and Peter and I turned around to see what it was. "Belle, go over by Gwen." Peter instructed in a serious tone. I hurried over to Gwen, who grabbed my arm as a man on a hover board came down in between Peter and us. This man was not human and his laugh was sickening. He turned to face us and his face grew angry the minute he did. The man looked at Peter and then back at us once again. This time when he looked, I knew who he was.

"Harry..." I whispered. "What have you done?" Harry smirked.

"Peter." He hissed out. "When you said 'Spider-Man said no'," His voice grew angry. "You meant. You! Said! No!" Peter walked slowly towards Harry.

"Harry, what did you do?" He asked. Harry laughed slightly, smiling again.

"What you made me do." Harry claimed. "You were my friend." He sounded as if he was crying out for help but the words just didn't reach his mouth. "But you betrayed me!" Harry shouted. I took a step back slightly.

"No, Harry, I didn't. I was just trying to protect you." Peter explained calmly but Harry was having none of that.

"Look at me!" He shouted. Peter took another step forward, he reached his hands out.

"It's going to be ok, we can fix this," Peter said. "I can help you, let me help you." Harry shook his head.

"I asked you for help and this," Harry gestured to himself. "is the result."

"It's going to be alright." Peter was trying to keep Harry calm.

"You don't give people hope!" He pointed to Peter. "You take it away!"

"No, Harry..." Peter warned.

"I'm going to take away yours." Peter's hope? What could he pos-

Oh.

Peter's hope is me.

"Belle run!" Peter shouted. I let go of Gwen's arm and tried to run away. But Harry was faster and he grabbed me before I could even get three feet away. Harry flew all the way above the tower and Peter chased behind us.

"Harry, put her down!" Peter shouted. He ignored Peter and hovered over the top of the tower. "Stop this right now! This isn't you, Harry!" Peter continued to shout. "This is not you! Put her down!" Peter's voice was growing desperate, he was scared. I was scared, but who wouldn't be? With all the courage I had, I managed to look at Harry.

"Harry." I started, my voice a little shaky. He turned to look at me.

"Harry is dead." He declared. I took a deep breath to steady my voice.

"Put me down." My voice came out a lot stronger. He ignored me, of course and Peter continued to shout at him.

"This is between you and me!" Harry and I both looked at Peter. "You want to fight? Fight me! Just let her go!" He pleaded. Harry looked at me and nodded slowly and the fear started to disappear.

"Ok." He whispered and dropped me. I let out a gasp as the wind rushed against me. The fear instantly returning. Two arms wrapped around my body, giving me some sense of reassurance. Peter and I crashed through the top of the tower and I landed on top of him.

"Are you ok?" Peter asked as I tried to catch my breath. I shook my head 'no' multiple times. Peter helped me stand up and pointed off to the side. "Go over there, it's the safest spot." I listened and walked over to the wall and stayed as close to it as I could. I looked up to see if Harry was still there and he was but he wasn't alone. He had Gwen.

"Peter!" I shouted and he followed to where I was looking. Harry wasted no time in dropping Gwen, it was like it had become a game for him. "No!" Peter jumped up and caught her just as he did with me and he landed hard on his back for a second time. A sphere fell next to them and I wasn't a fool, I knew it was a bomb. Peter noticed just as quickly as I did and tried to use his body to shield Gwen from the blast which worked but the bridge we were all on gave out. I began to fall but grabbed the edge and pulled my self back up. Looking over I saw Peter had caught Gwen by her wrist.

"I've got you." He said and used his web to lower her down. "I'm going to put you here." She nodded and then looked up at me. We were both scared and unsure of what would happen but Peter was here which made us both feel safer. Harry flew down and attacked Peter. They went back and forth over the small area, with Peter trying to snag Harry with a web and Harry just trying to grab Peter. Gwen and I were trying to make our way to each other. She jumped from gear to gear as I shuffled over.

"I'll reach down and then I can pull you up here." I told her. "It's sturdier up here." Gwen nodded and finished making her way over. We both reached for each other but the distance was too great. Determined to get her up here with me, I carefully laid down on my stomach and extended my arm as far as I could.

"I'm going to have to jump." Gwen decided when we still couldn't reach each other. She must have saw the worry on my face. "Don't worry I'll be careful." She jumped and our hands just barely touched. There was a sudden thud that distracted me, followed by the sound of brick and a grunt from Peter so I looked up. Just as I did, Peter knocked Harry off his hover board which came spiraling down towards us. I followed it's path just in time to see it take out the gears Gwen was standing on. It was a brief decision but she tried to jump as I reached for her again. But it was too late.

"Gwen!" I shouted. Peter jumped down on a gear near me and shot a web at Gwen, catching her before she fell too far. He began to pull her back up fast and for a moment I was relieved. But then Harry threw me out of the way, knocking me over against the wall. I hit my head hard and my vision blurred for a moment. When it cleared I stared in horror at the sight before me. Harry had his hand wrapped around Peter's throat and Peter had a web wrapped around Harry's throat. But Peter was also struggling to keep the gears from turning with his foot, which confused me until I saw the web that was centimeters from being cut.

"Anna!" Gwen called over to me. I looked over at her but words seemed to escape me at the moment.

The gears broke, the next minute struck and the web was cut.

"No!" I shouted, finding my voice and Peter jumped after her. I couldn't see what was happening, all the falling gears and debris were blocking my sight. I could only sit and wait. I let the tears fall down my face as my best friend and sister, fell to her death. I closed my eyes. "Please, don't take her from me." I whispered. There was a twang, that sounded like a web. I didn't want to look. "Did you catch her?" I shouted to Peter.

"Yes." I wiped the tears from my eyes. Peter appeared before me. I stood and he picked me up bridal style. Without any warning Peter jumped down causing my breath to catch. I kept my eyes closed until I knew we were on the ground. I looked at Gwen and knew something wasn't right. She was still attached to the web and wasn't moving.

"Gwen..." I called to her and walked over slowly at first. Peter cut the web and lowered her to the ground in his arms. Please just be unconscious, I begged.

"Hey," He said softly. "Gwen! H-hey." His voice cracked and he looked back at me with tears in his eyes. And that's when I knew.

"No." I whispered and hurried over. Peter passed her to me and I began to sob. I placed a hand on her face. "Don't leave me." I cried. "Gwen, please, no." I continued to cry. "Wake up." My best friend and my sister was gone. It's my fault, she shouldn't had been here in the first place. It was all because I convinced her to wait one more day before flying to England. I should've let her go.

"Belle, I'm sorry." Peter said. "I didn't catch her in time, it's my fault." I shook my head.

"No," I argued. "I'm the one who convinced her to stay in the first place. She should've been sitting in the airport right now." We sat in silence except for the few audible sobs that escaped me. Neither of us moved at first when we heard the sirens approaching. It felt like forever until we heard the tires screech to a halt outside. Peter stood up and grabbed his mask, placing it back on before the police entered the room. He was escorted out, probably to explain what happened here. An EMT woman crouched down in front of me.

"Hi, I'm Sarah, what's your name?" She asked. I looked up at her, there were tears still dripping down my face.

"Annabelle." I answered quietly. Sarah nodded and slowly reached forward taking Gwen from me. She placed her down gently.

"Why don't you come with me," She suggested, at least it sounded like a suggestion at first. "There's a nasty cut somewhere on your head, based on the blood in your hair. You need to get it checked just incase it's serious." She explained as she lead me out of the station. As Sarah helped me on to a stretcher, a few policemen dragged Harry by in handcuffs before shoving him in the back of a police truck. I couldn't help but start crying again. I lost two best friends in one day. "Did you know him?"

"He was once my friend." I managed to answer. I didn't speak for the rest of the night after that. The rest of the night was just a blur. I know I ended up going to the hospital to get my head checked after that. I don't know where Peter ran off too after explaining things back at the power station. I wanted to see him, I needed to talk to him.

I'd never felt as vulnerable and lost as I did right now. And I was going through it all alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew that was long! This is the longest chapter in the book!

Sorry this was almost late, I was very busy crying about the new season of Voltron. DM me if you're a fan and need someone to cry with.

Soooo remember when I said five bonus chapters? Well it's going to be SIX! Why? Because this chapter got so long I had to divide it up! So four more to go now.

~Kai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 1.1K 9
All right, let's do this one last time. My name is (Y/n) (L/n). I was bitten by a radioactive spider and for the last seven years, I thought I was th...
529K 8.2K 33
*started when i was 14...first couple chapters suck. feel free to start from the end and work to the first chapter* *end chapters are when i was 16 �...
119K 3.4K 81
Morgan Stark, daughter of Tony Stark, or as everyone else in the world knows her as Morgan Sinclair. She attends Midtown with Perter Parker, Ned Leed...
126K 4K 33
"Who's this?" Spiderman points to an old polaroid on my desk. I glance at it, before going focusing back on Spider's shoulder, "Just a boy I was fri...