Waiting For Spider-Man | An A...

By iam_thenerd

***Chapter 3 is currently unavailable because of some copyright issues. A new version will be written and pos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Got to Start Somewhere
Chapter 2 - A Date or Not a Date?
Chapter 4 - Spider-Man
Chapter 5 - Trust Me
Chapter 6 - The Stunned Spider
Chapter 7 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 8 - Remedies for Sadness
Chapter 9 - Answers
Chapter 10 - Bridges and Lizards and Spiders, Oh My!
Chapter 11 - She's Dancing With Strangers
Chapter 12 - She's Falling Apart
Chapter 13 - Shopping
Chapter 14 - Sleepover at Gwen's
Chapter 15 - Peter's Point of View
Chapter 16 - Three Words...Well Four Actually
Chapter 17 - Antidote
Chapter 18 - I'll Always Save You
Chapter 19 - Never Let Me Go
Chapter 20 - I'm Yours
Chapter 22 - He Was Once My Friend (Bonus)
Chapter 23 - She's Talking to Angels (Bonus)
Chapter 24 - Runnin' Home To You (Bonus)
Chapter 25 - Two Words For My Annabelle Louise (Bonus)
Chapter 26 - Waiting For Spider-Man (Bonus)

Chapter 21 - Our story Continues (Bonus)

14.9K 336 181
By iam_thenerd

Three months later...

(Annabelle's POV)

It had been a week since I graduated and I couldn't be happier. My mom and Gwen's mom had surprised both Gwen and I with our own apartment as a graduation gift. The first two months of rent were paid for and we would pick it up on the third. We more than excited about getting to live together. Of course there was the slight worry that we might hate living together but we won't know unless we try. Gwen was out with her family right now so I had the apartment to myself. Not gonna lie, I love being alone sometimes. Although I wouldn't be alone for long, Peter was supposed to be coming by shortly. I was currently in my room cleaning up a bit since it had gotten a little messy. But a knock at my window caused me to stop. I looked up and saw Peter hanging there upside down. I opened the window for him.

"Will there ever come a day when you use the door instead of the window?" I asked and Peter pulled off his mask.

"Maybe but not today." He answered. I grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss. When I pulled away he was smiling.

"What?"

"I like kissing you upside down, it's like a spider kiss." Peter stated and I rolled my eyes. He hopped in the window and sat down my bed.

"So what do you have planned for tonight?" I asked as I finished putting some of my things away.

"I was thinking of taking you out to dinner and then maybe to see a movie." Peter suggested. "Does that sound like something you'd be up for?" I nodded and sat down next to him.

"What kind of restaurant did you have in mind?" Peter shrugged.

"Anywhere you want just not too expensive." He flopped backwards on my bed. "Did I leave any clothes here that I can change into?" He suddenly asked. I stood up from my bed and opened my closet. I pulled out a sweatshirt.

"I've got one of your hoodies but that's it." I answered. Peter looked up for a minute before allowing his head to fall back on my bed.

"Seriously? I didn't leave any pants?" He asked and I shook my head. Peter sighed and stood up. "I guess we're making a stop my house first."

-------------

Peter and I had climbed through his bedroom window since he didn't know if May was home and he was still in his Spider-Man suit. I was sitting on Peter's bed playing on my phone. Peter was digging through his closet when he paused and looked at me.

"I knew I forgot to tell you something." He mumbled. I gave him a confused look. What could he have forgotten to tell me? "Harry is back in the city and I actually hung out with him to today."

"You hung out with Harry with out me?" I pouted.

"You told me not to bother you at work!" Peter tried to defend himself.

"But it's Harry!" I exclaimed. "He is just as much of a friend to me as he is to you." Peter raised his hands in defeat.

"Alright, I'm sorry." Peter said. "Why don't you just call him up and ask him to hang out? I can give you his number." I opened my mouth to say something but that actually sounded like a good idea.

"Ok, I will later tonight." I answered. I heard the door open downstairs. "I guess May wasn't home when we got here." I concluded and rose from the bed. "I'm going to go see her."

"Alright I'll come down when I'm ready." Peter called after me. I walked down the stairs and found May in the kitchen putting groceries away.

"Hello." I greeted as I walked in the room. May turned to face me with a smile.

"Anna, what a nice surprise." May beamed. She walked over and pulled me into a hug. "I didn't know you were coming over."

"I'm just waiting on Peter actually, we're going out tonight." I told her and then walked over to the bags. "Here let me help you." May used to argue when I offered to help but now she didn't because she knew I would help regardless. As we finished putting away the groceries, Peter came down the stairs.

"Hi, Aunt May." Peter said and sat down at the table to tie his shoes.

"Hello." She said. "So where are you taking Anna tonight?" Peter stood up and removed his jacket from the back of a chair.

"To dinner and the movies." He answered and turned to me. "You ready?" I nodded

"By May, it was nice seeing you." I said and followed Peter to the door.

"Bye, have fun!" She waved and shut the door behind us.

--------------

"So how did I do on the date tonight?" Peter asked as we strolled through the park with ice cream.

"Dinner was amazing and the movie was great." I answered and Peter stopped walking.

"You didn't like the movie." He stated.

"No, I liked it, it just could've been better." I said. "It had its moments but there were just some scenes that were really cringe worthy."

"Alright fine, I'll accept that." I sat down on a bench, followed by Peter. I looked over the water the City, which truly looked amazing at night. I had gotten a small chocolate ice cream and Peter had gotten a large vanilla dipped in chocolate.

"This is nice." I said. This night had been great and the ice cream only made it better. I leaned against Peter and finished the last couple bites of ice cream. My moment of enjoyment was ruined when Peter sat forward suddenly. I knew that look on his face. I sighed and held out my hand. Peter subconsciously put his ice cream in my hand.

"Stay here." He mumbled. "Don't go near the city." Peter took off fast and left his clothes behind. Whatever it was I'm sure Peter would tell me about it later. I picked up the clothes and put them on the bench before I began to eat Peter's ice cream. That's when I remembered, that I had a call to make. I pulled out my phone and dialed the number Peter gave me.

"Hello?" A voice answered.

"Hi, Harry, it's Anna." I began.

----------------

Two days later...

I got out of the taxi and walked the short distance to the small cafe up ahead. Harry and I had agreed to meet here. I looked around as I entered until I spotted him and walked over.

"Well, well, well," I started and the man turned around with a grin on his face. "I didn't believe the news when they said you were back but here you sit, Harry Osborn." I finished. Harry stood and hugged me.

"How are you Anna?" He asked and gestured for me to sit. So I slid into the booth and sat across from him.

"Pretty good. Still the same as when you left." I answered.

"Oh really?" He asked. "So then you're still pulling pranks on teachers and getting in trouble for it." I rolled my eyes but smiled.

"Alright maybe not entirely the same." I admitted. "I stopped the pranks my freshman year. What about you?"

"Oh come on, you know I'm not the same as when I left." Harry reminded me. "So is Peter joining us?" He asked changing the subject. "I got to see him the other day but you hadn't been available."

"I don't think so. He texted a few minutes ago that he had something to take care of." I lied, sort of. Peter really did text me a few minutes ago but he was going after an armed robbery. So for all intents and purposes I told Harry the truth.

"Ah, that's too bad." Harry sighed. "It would've been nice for all three of us to hang out again."

"You mean getting the three musketeers back together?" I joked and Harry winced but laughed.

"Don't bring back that cheesy name." He said. Back when the three of us were little, we called ourselves the three musketeers as a joke. Everyone in the school knew us by that name. They may have picked on us for it, more Peter and I than Harry but it was still fun. I was the prankster, Peter was the camera man and Harry was the leader of our small group. An ice coffee was placed down in front of me.

"I saw you come in and assumed you'd want your regular as always." The waitress, Casey, who's name I learned last month, said. I smiled and took a sip.

"You assumed right." I commented and she nodded and walked away.

"So," Harry began. "How long are you going to keep waiting until you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"That you and Peter are dating." He stated. I stood there dumbfounded for a minute.

"Are we that obvious?" I asked. Wait though, Harry hasn't seen Peter and I at the same time yet. "I'm confused, how did you even guess that?" Harry seemed amused by my confusement.

"Peter told me, I was just curious if you were going to tell me." Harry answered. I guess Peter forgot to mention that the other night. Harry's phone rang and he sighed as he checked the ID. "I have to go." I sighed as well.

"That's ok, we can hang out again with Peter next time." I offered. Harry smiled at the suggestion. "And if we don't have time to hang, I might run into you at Oscorp, since I work there."

"You work at Oscorp? You work for me?" Harry asked. I nodded and laughed at his surprised look. "We should definitely try to get together though, all three of us." We both stood and hugged again. "I'll see you around Anna." I sat back down after Harry had left.

Little did I know that, that would be the last time I saw Harry Osborn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the final five chapters of 'Waiting For Spider-Man'? May I take your order?

How are you guys? It's been a while and a lot has happened!

For instance I'm an adult now and I've graduated high school. The world is so not ready for me.

Seriously though tell me how you guys have been! I love talking with all of you and I try to reply to all comments!

The next chapter will be up before Sunday.

~Kai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 25.1K 46
A/N I am currently editing and rewiring this a little because their are some grammar mistakes and parts of the story that can be explained and writte...
2.9K 35 17
Growing up Peter and I were always close. We did everything together. until that is our parents died. Then he changed, he became more distant only sp...
18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
25.2K 492 24
GWEN'S POV Chapter 1 Today was a Monday, ugh. I walked into school in the morning and started the day off with Junior English. Then I went to History...