Comfortable Silence || Luke H...

By Kissmebiteme

They meet at a Laundromat, at first Luke's an ass, and Yenessa the 'hot topic of the popular dicks' according... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

429 11 7
By Kissmebiteme

Chapter Sixteen

It's Tuesday, I passed my Maths test getting an A. That's the highest score, I've gotten in Maths, my original highest score was an F, but now it's an A, and all because of Luke's help, I would have failed if it weren't for him.

Speaking of Luke, I haven't seen him since Saturday night when he walked out of the bathroom, Ashton told me he's been staying at home, thinking or something like that, I'm not worried this time because I know he's a smart guy, and the night of the party he was a little drunk, that's why I was so worried, and I'm sure he isn't drunk at the moment…hopefully.

I haven't asked Shane about Megan, or that child she's apparently carrying. I don't want to believe but unfortunately, I sorta do. It seems like a thing that would happen to Megan, but I never thought it'd be Shane's kid, that's the thing that I'm not believing. It's was hard to take that all in, I had nearly five vodkas that night, I was quite pissed Shane and Luke fought, then I found out Luke loved me, found out Shane's made my ex-best friend pregnant…it was all too much to take in. I'm still shocked about this all.

Anyway, I've been hanging out with Michael, Ashton and Calum. I love these boys a ton, they just keep getting funnier and funnier each day, they are just incredible people, and I'm happy I met them, they know how to lighten up a situation without over doing it, and they alway manage to put a smile on your face no matter what, they are truly perfect. Right now, I'm walking home alone from school. I have to do the laundry tonight, meaning I'm going to be going down to the laundromat, Mum did it on Saturday, and I've bee slack on the past few days, so yeah.

I tighten my grip on the handle of my shoulder bag, pushing my hair behind my back with my spare hand. When he said, 'I love you.', I was lost for words, I mean what would you say if your best friend you've known for around two months said that they loved you, when you love someone else. You'd die, right? Not legit but then I said what I said, and I feel that I sounded nasty but I didn't mean too. I mean, how on earth can you say to someone that you don't love them in 'that' way, in a way that won't break their heart? It's impossible, but I know he knows that I don't love him.

But I know nothing will be awkward between us just because I now know he has those feelings for me, when I don't feel that way about him back, but I know that no matter what, there will always be that comfortable silence. Wow, Taylor Swift moment again.

I can't believe I didn't even pick up the things he did that showed he liked me in more then a friendly manner, the almost kiss, the constant hugs, how he was always there for me no matter what, he always loved spending time with me, when he let me sleep on him, those circles he drew on my back with his fingers, how did I not pick it up? It's cause I'm a stupid girl.

My bag begins to vibrate, obviously from my phone. I stop in the middle of the foot path, and move to the side as a girl on bike rides past. I dig into my bag, looking for my phone, once I've grabbed it, I unlock it, seeing two text messages from Shane.

'Hi, babe.'

'Wanna come over? I need to talk to you.'

I reply to Shane's text.

'Hey. :)'

'Yeah. What time?'

My phone vibrates in my hand once again, signaling that Shane's sent a reply.

'ASAP?'

ASAP, must this be important or something? I tap my fingers on the screen, typing up a reply.

'I'm on my way. What's wrong?'

After a few seconds of him not answering, I lock my phone, holding it in my hand in case he decides to text me back anytime soon, I turn around on the foot path and begin heading south to Shane's house, I live on the west side, while Shane lives on the south, Ashton and Luke live in the west side with me, Calum and Michael, I don't know.

Once, I get to Shane's place, I knock on the door and stand back waiting for him to answer. Four minutes later the grey door opens up, revealing that brown haired boy, that I love. I wrap my arms around him, and go to give him a kiss on the lips, but he turns his head, so I end up kissing his cheek. He grabs my hand, and I trail behind him, as he takes me to his couch, were so many of our 'make out' sessions have happened.

"Hi." He says, smiling. 

I furrow my eyebrows while chuckling. "Hi?"

He takes my small hands into his larges ones, and rubs circles on the back of them, I have a feeling this is one of those moments that whatever is about to come out of his mouth isn't going to be very good. I don't like this at all, it's making my heart pumping, and shivers run down my spin.

"I'll get to the point. Look, I know how much you love me. Luke kinda told me, while we were fighting, but-" Shane pauses, then looks down at our hands. He looks into my eyes, I know we're this conversation's heading, I'm sure everyone that's experienced what I know I'm about to experience new it was coming. It's actions, they way he's wording things, it's text book stuff,  I just know that by the end of this, I'm going to leave his house crying, or maybe even slapping him.

"Stop there. Luke told me that you and Megan are a thing, that she's carrying your child and everything, that you don't love me. Is this true?" I ask. Tears are brimming my eyes, and my lip begins to quiver something that always happens when I'm about to cry.

"It's very much true that's why…I want us to break up. It's not right, I've been cheating on you the whole time, and ever since Luke and I fought, I've been starting to feel guilty a-" I cut him off by slapping him across the cheek. I know I already knew this but I didn't believe, I didn't want to believe it, and now hearing it coming out of his mouth, I very much believe it.

"Luke's right. Your a dick. I'm leaving, I don't want to hear it anymore." Before he get's the chance to finish his sentence, or even get me to stay a little longer to explain it more to me, I had already stormed out of his house, running down the street with tears running down my cheeks. I very much believe it, and the minute he sat me down on that freaking couch I knew what was coming but it's only after when it happens that you break. But I didn't actually think I'd really slap him. But what's made me mad is…why did he go out with me in the first place, like did he actually have feelings for me, or was he with Megan the whole time we were together?

So, as most girls, tonight is the 'buckets-of-ice-cream-while-watching-sappy-movies' night. I have money in purse that's sitting at the bottom of my bag, might as well go buy some ice cream, hire a few movies, then go home, showe-no I'm going to have a hot bath, with candles, get into my comfy oversized sweater then sit down have a movie marathon while eating ice cream, and what the heck, I'll drive down to bloody McDonalds and get a bunch of burgers, I mean why not? But, I'll do this all after I've done the laundry, put Lavigne to bed and hang up the washing.

I feel silly. I just didn't want to believe what Luke had said to me, I just…I guess Luke's right, I mean when your love with someone, I guess you do forever see them as an angel, that they can do nothing bad, but they do, I just…it didn't sound like something Shane would do, at least I thought he wouldn't do, plus he told me that he thought Megan was a bit of a whore. But, I've heard it come it of his mouth now, I believe it, I heard it. I guess you can say, after Luke told me, I sorta did believe it because Luke wouldn't lie to me, but like I said, I didn't want too. I hope I'm not like exaggerating or anything, because that would just be embarrassing but any who, on the bright side, I'm single, meaning I can chase after Niall Horan and get him to marry me! Oh, and Harry Styles! Cause you know, the rest of the boys are taken. But, there is always a bright side to a bad situation, I mean…I'm single now, isn't that good? I don't have a relationship to maintain anymore, I can go clubbing! I can do all the things Shane said I couldn't do, it wouldn't let me go clubbing, or things like that, but I'm not with him anymore! 

But, of course. I don't have my Shane anymore, stupid prick. Luke, I don't know where he is. I guess it's me, and my cardboard cut out of Niall Horan, ready to face the world! Jokes, but I guess it's just me, and cardboard Niall.

It's 9:15pm, I have finished the laundry, I went down to the laundromat, and of course Luke wasn't there, I miss him a bunch, his funny laugh, his dimples that pop up when he smiles, smirks and giggles, the way he bites his lip, his hugs, his voice, his singing, I miss him. He's my best friend for goodness sakes! What would you expect? I had just put Lavigne to bed. Mum left an hour ago, to go to work. I haven't told her about Shane breaking up with me, because my mother would have skipped work to go down to his place to beat his arse. She would do it, I promise. But all I know is that, it's time for that relaxing bath I desperately need.

I grab a bunch of candle holders that I have in my room, they already have candles in them, which is good. I carry them to the bathroom, and line them up against the window ledge, and begin lighting them all up. I run the bath water, making sure it has more hot water then cold. I had a huge amount of bubbles into the bath, I know, I'm childish, very childish, but who doesn't love bubbles? I pull my phone out of my pocket, and sit it down on the ledge of the bathroom sink. I shut the door, and smile at the candle lit room. I strip down to nothing, and twirl my hair up into a bun, right before stepping into the perfect warm water. I'm so glad this bath turned out exactly the way I wanted it, it's nice when you get things done the way you wanted them, and a difficult time, it really is.

I sink into the water, stopping when the bubbles are nearly up to my neck. I play with the water, like child. I grab the bubbles, and blow them away into the air. Man, I love bubbles, they always seem to make me smile, I just love them.

'Hey we’re taking on the world, I’ll take you where you wanna go, pick you up if you fall to pieces…'

I had changed my ringtone to 'Unpredictable'. Yeah, I just had to I'm sorry, it's just their music is just beautiful! Like, it's just- phone-phone's ringing, you dumb arse.

I scramble around in the bathtub, and grab an article of clothing from the ground wiping my wet hands on it before grabbing the ringing phone. I press the big green answer button before pressing the device to my ear.

"Hello?" I say, sitting back down.

"Hi." says a voice, I can't tell who it is since all they said was hi, I can't really pick up who it is.

"Hi. Who is this?" I ask, switching the phone from my left hand to my right, pressing it to my right ear. I use my other hand to rub soap up and down my arm. My vanilla scented soap.

"It's Luke."

"Luke?" I say, jumping up onto my feet in the bathtub. I jumped up so fast, that I end up dropping my phone into the water. The second it slipped, I just jumped out of the tub, and watched as the water went a little bit black. Well, Luke calls, Yenessa drops the phone into the water from shock, and now she's standing in the middle of the bathroom naked, looking like a complete idiot. 

"Shit. Shit. Shit." So, much for a relaxing bath. I guess today, isn't my lucky day? Well, clearly it isn't.

I grab my towel wrapping it around my body, while turning on the bathroom light on. I blow out all the candles, and slowly dip my hand into the bath water, to take the plug out. Once the bath water's disappeared, I grab my phone that was facing down. I turn it over to see, the call still on. How? How could the possibly happen? I press it too my ear, and hear Luke saying 'Yenessa' over and over but his voice sounds all muffled probably from water getting into the phone's parts. I hang up the call, cause clearly my phone is broken, like his voice keeps cutting off, and stuff. It's a fucked phone, thats what it is.

"Shit!" I yell, with a groan at the end. I get out of the bathroom, and walk into my room. I put on my underwear, and stuff, as well as a huge over sized sweater, some sweat pants, and my hugs. I'm only going to the McDonalds drive in and back home, no big deal.

Once I had my six cheese burgers, three large fries and a large coke- what did I say? I don't care if it makes me fat, lives to short to be worrying about your weight size, I love food, and I'd be happy to get fat from burgers, a least I'm not wasting my life eating salad- I make my way back home, the smell of Macca's food filling my car. Man, I don't know what I'd do without McDonalds, and Hungry Jacks burgers man, I'd be dead.

I back my car up into the drive way, and then I realize that I had just left Lavigne home by herself. I practically screamed in the car, I just left a freaking five year old asleep in bed on her own, I'm such  terrible sister holy burgers.

I quickly slam open my door, grabbing my Macca's food. I slam the car door shut, locking it before running to the front door. You could guess who was sitting on the bench, running his hand through his hair while pulling his lip piercing between his teeth. Luke.

I know it's only been three days, but it still felt like a long time, I like the conversation's Luke and I have. I like having Luke around, I mean he's my best friend…we're a like so much, and we just get on like we've known each other forever, that's something I'm glad we have. I missed him, though. I mean, my best friend was away for three days, who likes not seeing their best friend for three days? No one.

I don't do much, I would hug him but then I'd have to drop my Macca's on the ground and I don't want to do that, it's too precious to me. He looks over at me and smiles, before standing up, shoving his hands into the pockets of his black coat. He walks over towards me, but I walk past him so I can unlock this damn door, to see if my sister hasn't woken up, how could I leave her alone?

"Hold on a sec." I say, holding a finger. I run inside straight to the kitchen dropping my Macca's on the counter, I run up the stairs, nearly tripping over in the process, and walk up into Lavigne's room, to find her peacefully sleeping. I thought she may have woken up, then wondered in the backyard, like she does sometimes or something but instead she's sleeping so thank goodness, because I don't feel like chasing a grumpy five year old around a back yard, and then having to try and get her to sleep again.

I run back down stairs, down the hallway, past the kitchen, pass the lounge and then walk through the front door as if I hadn't just ran through my house to see if my little sister was awake or not. 

I find that Luke's still standing in front of the bench, I open the wire door pushing it open so he can walk in. I nod my head into the direction of the entrance to my home, and he walks through smiling.

"Hi." He says, spinning around on his feet to face me. I smile at his 'hi' that he gave me.

"Hi." I say, chuckling afterwards.

"What happened to your phone? I called, heard you say my name then…it sounded like you dropped it or something w-"

"I was having a bath, and you called, I kinda dropped it into the bathtub." I say, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. Luke trails behind me as I walk into the kitchen, I offer Luke a burger and some fries, and he happily takes it. I grab the other bags, and walk into the living room.

He chuckles, smiling at the ground.

"Now what the hell happened to you? Where did you go?" I ask, poking him in the chest as I sit myself down on the couch. He sits down next to me, and takes off his coat, sitting it on the back of the couch.

"Oh, I wasn't away because of what happened, I actually got sick. Like my throat hurts and all, but I came because- well I wanted to talk over the phone, because I'm still sick but- I came because I wanted to say hi." Luke says smiling.

"Oh, thank god. I thought you may have been away because you were mad at me or something for not feeling the same way about you or something thank god. Now, you've said hi, want to watch some sappy movies while eating ice cream with me?" I ask, finishing up my first burger. I usually eat fast but I Luke was talking, and I didn't eat in between for some reason. I like how he had only came over to say 'hi'.

"Sure. But why are you watching sappy movies while ea-you guys b-"

"He broke up with me. I slapped him, hearing what you told me actually come out of his mouth, him admitting it. I then believed it, it just didn't sound like something Shane would do, I guess I didn't know him as well as I thought he did, like it's making me curious now, if he was actually studying or if he was hooking up with Megan." I say, taking a bite out of my seconds burger. Luke chuckles.

"I'm going to go with hooking up with Megan. He looks like a jock, pretends to act like a nerd but all he really is, is one big fucking dick." Luke says, taking a bite out of his own burger. I know I didn't know a few things about Shane, but I never would have thought I didn't actually know jack shit about him. I chuckle at Luke's comment. Shane is one big fucking dick, no…he's more then that, he's a lot of things, the list can possibly can go on and on, and on.

"Damn straight." I say, smiling before taking another bite out of my second burger. I stand up, and grab the movies from the table. I sit back down on the couch next to Luke, handing him over the DVD's. He can choose which one, but all I know is that the genre will stay the same, when someone breaks up with you, theres nothing better then sitting down eating ice cream while watching a sappy movie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 364 56
When indie is left orphaned and sent to an abusive adoption center. She befriends a boy named Luke Hemmings. When she is adopted, she meets a boy...
3.3K 352 58
Emily a girl that was madly in love but everything went terribly wrong , she doesn't trust anybody , she's cold and rude , her walls are build up so...
144 14 2
Now, Calum is starting to get angry too, "Who the fuck do you think you are? I'll hang out with who I want, I'm not gonna let a wanna be Billie Joe A...
256K 6.8K 36
Rena's high school has a system. The system is called the "Buddy System". Yes it's been used since you were in elementary school, but Rena's high sch...