The Musketeer Girl

By GraceBeard

What if D'artagnan didn't travel to Paris alone?? What if his fourteen year old sister had gone with him?? An... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 24

607 23 2
By GraceBeard

The distraught captain and musketeers were somehow able to escort D'artagnan into the office; the poor man couldn't stop sobbing his heart out, now into his lover's chest. "This...this is impossible!!" Porthos exclaimed "Kayley couldn't just die!! She's a better musketeer than all of us combined!!" he wasn't wrong; Treville sighed as he rubbed his forehead "I know...but the King and Queen wouldn't lie" he had to think logically "and Kayley...she'd be back by now" neither of them could believe or accept it. Speaking through his cries, D'artagnan's emotional voice could be heard "she...she died alone...we weren't with her" that was all he managed to get out before breaking down again; his boyfriend tightened his hold on the man as he attempted to calm the once again sobbing man "shh...deep breaths love..." the only problem was, he had no idea how to comfort his lover in this situation. It appeared word had spread extremely fast through out the town of Paris. Within an hour, near to all of the citizens were morning for their female musketeer; Constance sound herself crying into her husband's shoulder as he attempted to comfort her "she was too young!!" she sobbed out. The locals at the Tavern all had a drink on the girl, remembering all of the times she helped them since she and her brother had arrived in Paris in search for their uncle. Of course, the Red Guards were delighted, celebrating the young musketeer's death as if it was a victory.

Eventually, they knew what they needed to do. The musketeers saddled up and rode on to the Palace, their captain leading the way as they each remained silent; D'artagnan had managed to force his tears to stop, though he was unsure for how long he could keep that up. They handed their horses over to the stable boys who kept their heads lowered before the five entered the Palace, eventually arriving to their destination to see the King and Queen talking by the thrones - two maids were knelt on the floor, seeming to be scrubbing a red liquid up off of the floor in the middle of the large room. Blood. "Musketeers" Louis greeted them, earning five bows "I'll take you are here about Kayley??" he asked, though he didn't really need to. Still, they each nodded before Aramis spoke up "how...how did she die??" he asked; the Queen began to explain what they wished to know "we were talking to Kayley about an upcoming mission when a man barged his way in here and pulled out a gun" they listened closely "he aimed it at myself so Kayley jumped in front of me as she drew her own gun before shooting him dead" she paused "but...the man had already pulled the trigger so....the bullet hit Kayley in the chest....she was gone within seconds". None of them could believe it. Hesitant, D'artagnan spoke up "did she....did she die alone??" he asked "was....was she scared??" it broke all of their hearts to hear him as such questions; Anne approached him and took his hands in her own "no D'artagnan, as soon as it happened, both Louis and myself were by her side" she informed, hoping it was reassuring at least a little bit "she wasn't scared...but she wished for you to remember her as the first female musketeer...and you loving sister" she looked up to the other three musketeers "she wanted you all to remember as such". Once again, D'artagnan felt tears force themselves to form in his eyes; the Queen embraced him "she was so brave....and proud she could at least die doing what she loved". 

Not needing to hear anymore, Treville and the musketeers took their leave before making their way back to the stables; something caught Porthos's eye, however, from behind the stables. Confused, he caught the attention of one of the stable boys "excuse me" the young boy smiled at the bear like man "why are there many horses behind the stable?? And not in the stable itself??" he asked; the boy frowned "what??" he hurried to see this for himself. "What the?! I...I don't know whose horses these belong to" he stated, scratching the top of his head; Treville looked at the saddles, startled by what he found "back to the King and Queen!! Now!!" he ordered before beginning to run back to where they had just come from; the four confused and concerned musketeers did as told, asking what was wrong "those saddle held many weapons and some gun powder!!" was all their captain would say. "Your majesties!!" they exclaimed as they burst through the doors to the throne room, startling the royal couple in the process rather clearly "musketeers?? I thought you had left??" Louis asked; both he and his wife managed to calm their beating hearts "we were leaving sire, but we discovered some horses hidden from the stable boys which held many weapons and some gun powder" Athos explained. This didn't sound good as the royals shared a look of worry "and you think??" Anne asked; D'artagnan spoke to explain their theory "we believe that someone with an intention to harm you both have managed to sneak into the Palace". This really wasn't good!! The King seemed to think the same thing as his wife "right then" he turned to his musketeers "you must stand guard outside of the throne room, that was no one will be able to enter" he ordered; the four musketeers shared a look as Treville sent Louis a raised brow - they did as told as....they didn't exactly have a choice in the matter. "Why are we standing guard out here??" Porthos asked once they closed the door "surely it would be sager if we were in there with them??" his friends agreed, but their captain sighed "it indeed would, but we have our orders" he didn't understand it himself to be honest. All of a sudden, whilst they were stood guarding the door, a cloak figure could be seen running around one of the corners down the hallway "hey!! Get back here!!" Aramis yelled, but whoever it was refused to listen "go after them!!" Treville ordered "Porthos and I will stay here" and with that, Athos, D'artagnan and Aramis sprinted away.

The three musketeers ran after the cloak figure, though they had some difficulty with keeping up - whoever it was had a pair of feet on them, that's for sure. The friends were forced to stop once the cloaked figure had vanished out of sight "where's they go??" Aramis wondered as they looked at their surrounding; they had no idea. That was until a small bang could be heard from a near by room - something had been dropped or knocked over; they rushed into the room that they thought the intruder was in, only to find themselves surrounded by at least twenty armed men, all of their guns aimed straight at them. "What do we have here?? The King's musketeers" one of them said, seeming to be their leader; the three looked to see....it was Russo Calri!? "You?!" they exclaimed "how the hell did you escape your cell?!" D'artagnan glared dagger at the man they had only captured a few days ago; his men removed the musketeers weapons before tying their hands behind their backs "I just paid my cell guard to let me out, not too hard really" Russo smirked. As they dragged their hostages through the Palace, they found Treville and Porthos who were prepared to fight....until Russo ordered three of his men to aim their guns at the other musketeers heads; the two's weapons easily taken away before they too were tied up and joined their friends. Kicking open the door to the throne room, they dragged their hostages in - much to the horror and fear of the King and Queen, as well as the Cardinal who had arrived their only a minute before hand "hello your majesties" Russo greeted with a smirk, mockingly bowing to the royal couple "if you don't mind, I suggest you stay where you are" the Cardinal had gone to take a step before having a gun aimed at him. "What do you want Russo?!" Treville demanded to know, each of the hostages glaring at their captures as the King and Queen held onto one another "I want a lot of things Treville" Russo stated "world peace, gold, jewels and very much more" he seemed to enter a little daydream for a couple of seconds, until managing to snap back into the world of reality by shaking his head ever so slightly "but there is one thing in particular that I want" he smirked "I. Wish. To. Be. King!!" he exclaimed. 

Turning his attention towards a frightened Louis; D'artagnan yelled how the man was completely mad!! Seeming to ignore the young musketeer, their capture continued "but of course, there is already a King of France" he sighed before a smirk formed on Russo's lips as he raised his pistol, aiming it straight of the man's head "but that is soon to change" all eyes widened. Before the psychotic lunatic could pull the trigger, Athos yelled for his to wait - it was a surprise that his plead was heard and answered "isn't...isn't there a way we can...negotiate an agreement?? To spare the King and our lives??" he asked; Russo lowered his pistol ever so slowly, seeming to listen "keep talking" he demanded as he took a seat in the King's throne, folding one of his legs over the other. Thinking on his feet, Athos did as told "...gold?? And...and diamonds??" he began to list a multiple of things that could possible convince the crazy gun wielding Spaniard to spare them all; it was very heart dropping when all Russo did was laugh at the suggestions "I do not care for riches and jewels" he stated "just the deaths of the King ad Queen....mostly the King". Porthos, still strongly glaring at their capture, spoke up "why?? What had the King ever done to you?!" he asked as he attempted to subtly untie the extremely tight ropes that held his hands together around his back; the man just shrugged "I have my reasons" he stated bluntly "he doesn't deserve to be the King of France, it's as simple as that". But was it?? Somehow, Anne managed to find her voice, along with some bravery "isn't there something else you want??" she asked, rather urgently "anything at all??" fear stained her voice; Russo seemed to enjoy toying with the innocent Queen's mind and hope as he pretended to think upon her offer "hmm.....nope". Raising his weapon once again, Russo was prepared to pull the trigger and finish what he had begun, the pistol aimed straight for Louis's head as a smirk continued to grace his lips "any last word??" all eyes widened in horror - it was torture for the musketeers to witness what was happening, but being unable to do anything!!  "Russo!! Don't!!" they fought against their restraints the best they could, but it was no use - they were helpless. 

Just as the man began to pull the trigger, a loud band could be heard from the other side of the room, making everyone jump; it clearly annoyed Russo as he just wanted to finish what he came to do "oh what now?!" he dramatically dropped his arm to his side as all heads turned towards the direction the sudden noise had come from. Stood by one of the windows, a cloaked figure could been seen, a dark blue mask covering their face - it was the person that the musketeers had seen and chased after before being caught by their captures. "Who the hell are you?!" Russo asked, now angry with his plans being forced to a halt once again and for not a good reason in his opinion; they waited silently for the mysterious person to answer the man, only they didn't - whoever it was didn't speak an utter word, just staring at their enemy. Rolling his eyes, Russo raised the pistol up once again "whatever hot shot" he mumbled before returning his focus his target - King Louis. Before he could yet again attempt to shoot and kill Louis, a gun shot rung out before a scream of pain could be heard afterwards - they thought it was their King for a split second before they all watched as Russo dropped his pistol, his hand that held it beginning to bleed out as he cradled it to his chest. Confused, they all looked back to the cloaked figure, only they now held a gun of their own, aimed at Russo who was growling and swearing under his breath "you bastard!!" he yelled at his uninvited guest "men!! Get the little shit!!" he ordered. The masked saviour finally showed some emotion as they allowed a smirk to form their lips as....nothing happened?? As both the hostages and their capture looked at their surroundings, they each came to realise that....all of Russo's men were no where to be seen?? "Wha....where are they?!" he demanded to know, which the "intruder" happily obliged to as they took a step back and reached the for the large curtain to the window before pulling it open; this seemed to reveal....a pile of twenty motionless men. Unconscious or dead?? Only the masked figure knew. "Why you little-" Russo began to yell as he went to raise his gun once again, but this time, it was towards the pain in his neck - the "intruder". He wasn't fast enough, however, as a pistol was already aimed for his chest; the stare in the hooded figure eyes was so intense that they could all tell what the person was thinking 'give it up, you are out numbered'. Looking around, Russo couldn't help but agree "fine...I'll go in peace" he dropped his weapons to the floor "I know when I am beaten" he agreed "but...I want to know who managed to outsmart me??" he requested. Actually, they all wanted to know this....though the King and Queen seemed to relax in their presence; the stranger seemed to ponder on the request before finally nodding their head - they were going to reveal who they were!! Taking down the hood to reveal their long mixture of brown and blonde hair, they reached up for the mask and pulled it up and over their head. All eyes widened in shock and disbelief at the sight in front of them "that....that's impossible!!" the Cardinal, speaking for the first time, exclaimed; no one could disagree with the man who had kept as silent as possible. "It can't be" Athos stared at the person in complete shock - he couldn't find himself believing his eyes; their saviour chuckled at their reactions, though understood completely. "Yes Athos" they said with a gentle smile "I am very much alive, never mind what that letter said" the once mysterious intruder confirmed. The person that had saved them all, the person under the hood and behind the mask....was Kayley?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 79 4
When our four Musketeers are ambushed by a group of dissidents while on their way to Chartres to retrieve some provisions, they are put in a difficul...
3.2K 89 52
Daria La Vielle was just a farm girl. The Three musketeers Athos, Porthos and Aramis were just soldiers. But all four found they were more than just...
3.2K 149 14
Leticia Candmione Henituse never expected in her life that she would go back in time when her parents didn't knew each other, she didn't get along wi...
11.9K 284 21
So the war against Grimaud and Gaston and thier army was fought and won and the Musketeers went thier seperate ways . Aramis became First Minister of...