The change up (Sequel to the...

By xxxdancemomsgirlxxx

If packing up and going off to college isn't hard enough, Kat has lot to deal with when she arrives at colleg... More

New beginnings
Talk
Clearence
Moving on
Decisions
Appreciation
What happened tonight?
Case closed
Beach Day
I can't be that girl
You'll regret it
Hooking up with Byrce?
It's all good
Chocolate frosted donut
You're my everything
Feeling the same way
Toy Story and Dates with siblings
We aren't dating
I'm sorry
Guilt
Halloween
Copy Kat
Perfect or Psyco?
Seeing other guys?
Meeting his family
The view
Triple date
Mood change
I'm sorry
Apology
Thanksgiving
Let's go
I trust you
Did you enjoy the game?
Goodbye for now
The girl known as....
What if?
Smiling through the sadness
I'm in love with you 2x
But it's my dream
Mutual breakup
I just want to talk
Happy for you
Spaghetti and Meatballs
The day my life turned upside down
Space
Scared
Secrets

Breaking it off

76 5 0
By xxxdancemomsgirlxxx

Cameron's pov

It was already October 1st and I didn't tell Malia. I looked over at my calendar and saw Kat's birthday was the 22nd which meant that we were sneaking around for a week and a half at this point. We haven't told anyone yet because she was waiting for me to talk to Malia. Kat was starting to get upset with me so I needed to end it. I texted Malia asking her to meet me and she responded immediately.

When she arrived at my dorm I became super anxious. As perfect as she was, she was too perfect for someone like me.

"Hi", she said pulling me in for a hug. "Hey Malia we need to talk". "I need to talk to you too. We've been hanging out and you're a really great guy. I really want a guy like you so here it is, Im into you", she said reaching for my hand

"You are?", I asked not surprised but a little upset for everything I was about to put her through . "Yeah and I was wondering if you and I could maybe take it to the next level", she said sounding hopeful.

Let her down easy Cam was all that ran through my head. Her eyes were lit up and they couldn't help but look into mine.

"Malia your a really amazing girl and all but I'm into someone else" I blurted out by accident.

"What?" she asked as her eyelashes fluttered up and down.

"I'm really sorry, Please don't take it the wrong way. We can still be friends".

"It's okay Cam I get it" she said sounding upset.

"I'm really sorry, I just feel like we were meant to be friends and only friends"

"Did I do anything wrong?"

"No, I promise that you didn't. I just have someone else on my mind and I felt like I needed to let you know before you caught feelings and I'm really sorry that you did"

"It's okay, you can't control how I feel only I can do that"

"I'm really sorry it had to end this way" I said not knowing whether she was gonna cry or slap me. "Me too, but you have my number, text me if you need anything" "Same goes for you" "bye Cam" she said placing a soft kiss on my cheek and walking out of the room.

I know that I did the right thing, but I feel bad for hurting her and making her fall for me. My gut told me that she wasn't the right one for me.

"Dude what just happened? I just saw Malia crying outside " Nash asked walking into the dorm coming from class. "I broke things off with her" "Cam are you serious?" Yeah, Nash she just wasn't right for me" "Yeah she was, wasn't she everything that you've every wanted in a girl?" "Yeah but it was almost like she was too good for me" "She was good for you, but whatever it's your loss" "it's not a loss, trust me on that one" I said winking as I went into my room.

Kat's pov
I knocked on the guys dorm when Nash opened the door. "Hi Nash" "What's up Kat?" "nothing is Cam here?" "Actually no" "where is he?" "I have no idea, but you can't wait for him here if you want" "okay" I said sitting down.

"So did you hear about Cam and Malia?" "No what happened" "I'm surprised you didn't hear since she's your roommate" "well I went to get my nails done with Ellie and Luna so we haven't been at the dorm all day" "Well Cam had something great going on with her and he just broke it off". When he said this I had a sense of relief, we could finally be happy together after everything we've been through.

"Oh wow" "yeah and I had great expectations with them being together, so now he's just gonna be in a depressed mood again" "why do you think that?" "Well it seemed like Malia was his source of happiness" "Do you consider that it could've been something or someone else?" "Nah after you guys broke off what you had he became very closed off and then he changed when he met Malia"

Everything that Nash said didn't affect me. I knew that I was Cameron's main source of happiness and that's all that mattered to me. I know that going back to the dorm will be tough on my tonight mainly because Malia will be crying over Cameron. Being happy that things are finally over between them made me seem like a jerk, but in reality it only made me happier.

"Kat?" I heard Cameron's voice say right behind me. "Cam?" "Nash why didn't you tell me that he was here?" I asked playfully hitting him. "I didn't know that he was here, sorry" "that's okay" I said as I noticed Cameron clenching his fists as we walked into his room.

"Nash knew you were here" I said Annoyed. "Yeah I don't know why he told you that I wasn't" "Well he basically told me that Malia was your only source of happiness and that you won't be happy for awhile" "that's bullshit, I don't know why he's telling me how I should feel" "well I'm just letting you know that I knew that wasn't true" "good" he said moving close to me. "Because you're my only source of happiness" he said as I felt his breath trickle on my lips.

"But unfortunately I'm getting sick so I can't do anything that I'll regret" he said teasing me. "Right because getting sick is not one of my main priorities right now" I said pushing his chest away also teasing him in a way.

"So does Nash not like me or something?" "Why would you ask me that" "I don't know maybe because he wouldn't let me talk to you when I showed up" "I think that he's just looking out for me. He thinks that if I get with someone like you that I'll just be Cameron Dallas the fuckboy again" "well that's not something that he should be worried about" "I know he just doesn't want me to fall into my old habits" he said running his hands through his hair.

"What old habits?" I said staring at the ground getting ready to expect the worse. "Well I used to sleep around a lot. It was just my way of getting girls. I wasn't much of a flirt nor did I like talking to girls, but when I did it led into either a one night stand." As he spoke I heard his voice starting to get weak, this was clearly a topic he didn't like talking about.

"Another habit I had was I used to get too attached to people, and that's what caused me to be the way that I was. Before 8th grade I had a girlfriend who was a year older than me. We dated during the summer going into 8th grade and she was going into high school. We spent a lot of time together and all until she went to high school. She started ignoring me and she slowly thought that I was too immature for her. Eventually she broke up with me which crushed me because everyone thought that it was dumb for a high schooler to date a middle schooler. I cared about her and even though it was a silly 8th grade relationship, I thought that we would make it far. That same year was the year that my mom told me that she had to start traveling. I felt so alone and I never knew that I could find someone so that's why that happened and then I met you"

"Cam I'm so sorry" "it's not your fault, she was right. I was too immature" "Well just know that you have me" "thanks" he said as he laid his head on my shoulder. "So when do you wanna start telling people?" He asked starting to play with the ends of my hair. "Whenever you're ready" "well I'm almost ready" he said and then my phone vibrated.

Ellie- we got pizza, come to the dorm if you wanna eat

Me- I'll be there in a few

"Well I have to head out, my roommates ordered pizza" "well pizza is pretty important, so you should go" "thanks" "just let me know how Malia is holding up" "will do" I said as he kissed my cheek.

When I got to the dorm Malia wasn't in sight. "El where's Malia?" "In her room, Cam broke things off with her" "oh I feel bad" "yeah, you should talk to her" "that's okay" "Kat you've gone through this, at least give her moral support" "We need to talk first" I said pulling her into the dorm with a tight grip.

"I can't talk to her because I'm talking to Cameron" "Well obviously you are because you're friends". "El that's not what I meant, Cam and I are a thing" I said swallowing hard nervous about what she was gonna say next.

"Wait you and Cameron are dating?" "Not exactly, we haven't called it that" "okay so at least answer this, have you and Cam kissed in the past week?" "Yeah" I said afraid about what was coming next.

"Kat I'm so happy for you" she said hugging me tightly. "Thanks, I just didn't want to make a huge deal out of it but I wanted you to know" "Kat I'm not mad about it and I will never be. I know you two are meant to be together" "the only problem is what will Malia think when she finds out about Cam and I ?".

"oh shit, you can't tell her". "I don't know what to do". "Okay so how many people know about you two?". "Just you and Luna".

"Do you wanna tell everyone else?". "Yeah but I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings". "No one can stop you from having feelings for him, therefore you can't hurt anyone's feelings. Everybody already knew that it was gonna happen again eventually".

"I really didn't think that we could come back together but everyone else did wow".

"Did you talk to Cam today?". "Yeah I just came back from talking to him". "I'm happy that you're happy", she said hugging me.

"Hey we're not single anymore", she said high giving me. "Oh I'm still single but it's in progress". "Yeah but you're practically taken buddy", she said patting me on the back.

I walked into Malia's room to see her face down into her pillow.

"Hey", I said in a gentle tone. "Hey", she mumbled as her face was still stuffed in her pillow.

"Are you ok?" "No, I really thought him and I were gonna be great". "Look individually you're both great people but you might not have been what he was looking for".

"I guess that's true, he said he was interested in someone else". "Maybe you should find another guy who will really appreciate you for the nice and pretty girl you are".

"I really liked Cameron, and to think I gave my heart to him". "There will be plenty of other guys in your future, it'll just take time". "I guess that's true", she said picking her head up from the pillow.

"Just stay strong, you don't need a guy". "Thanks Kat, you're the best", she hugged me.

Little did she know that I wasn't the best. I was the girl who ruined her future plans with her crush. I was feeling a little bit guilty but at the same time my happiness was on the line.

I walked back out of her room and Ellie nodded at me.

"You did the right thing", she whispered over to me.

"I really hope that was the right thing".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...