Red String {EDITING}

By IllenisThorn

Why was her hair red? Simple... Because she dyed it in the blood of her enemies. *** One mistake. That was al... More

Prologue | The Stringmaker
Chapter One | The Way Back Home
Chapter Two | Through the Forest
Chapter Three | Of Assassins and Alphas
Chapter Four | Meeting Rylan
Chapter Five | Job Offers and Adjustments
Chapter Six | The Barracks
Chapter Seven | A Noisy Dinner
Chapter Eight | Cypher Division
Chapter Nine | Tracking Frost
Chapter Ten | A Night Out
Chapter Eleven | The Lion's Head
Chapter Twelve | Purple Dreams
Chapter Thirteen | Strings and Snakes
Chapter Fourteen | Poisonous Breadcrumbs
Chapter Fifteen | Truths and Answers
END OF RECENT EDITS
Chapter Thirteen: A Relatively Normal Day
Chapter Fourteen: Strengths and Gifts
The New Normal
Surprises
Shadows of the Past
Confessions and Consequences
A Suffocating Blanket
A Bloody Message
An Unexpected Visitor
Kings and Queens
Threats and Promises
If Only He Hadn't Worn Gloves
The Alpha and The Rogue
Battling Blaze
The Birth of the Red Devil
Purple Poison
Little Sister
Public Transport Hell
The Angel of Blagmoor
Stonewall Castle
Red Eyes
Training in the Glade
A Rather Short Battle
Aftermath
Back to Blagmoor
Awkward Imprints
Arrow's Arrival
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Frost and Lightning
Elders
Lyra's Ability
Lyra's Fight
The One Who Conquers
Pestilence
Epilogue

| Foreword |

6.1K 162 52
By IllenisThorn

Might I just begin by saying thank you for clicking on this book and giving it a chance. This was my first work I ever posted up on wattpad, and it was in 'first draft' form right then and there. I am, at the current moment, editing this book to make it that much better than before.

With that in mind, please do not be alarmed by any differences between the two drafts - though I suppose one might consider it three drafts. I never finished the second round of edits before I went over it again - and these latest edits have changed a fair bit. I am still in the middle of these edits, but with more people reading and voting I wanted to make this something I could be proud of (rather than wincing at the thought of the poor, cheesy writing here).

Next is a little disclaimer to cover my bases.

Please read, so that nothing comes back around to bite you where the sun don't shine.

Enjoy.

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, without written permission from the author.

A Side Note From Me:

If you find any copies of my book anywhere, I would appreciate if you could either report it to Wattpad, or tell me about it. I'm currently only on Wattpad, so no other sites should have this work.

This book has not been professionally edited, so there will, most likely, be some typos here and there. I am from England, and so I write in British English (no kidding).

I have tried to steer away from cliches, but there may be a few that crop up now and then. A few which I have happily removed are things such as abuse between the two main protagonists (although there may be a few pillows thrown here and there), and although the main character has a somewhat painful past, there is a reason for it, surprisingly enough (shocker, I know)...

Intrigued yet?

The pack structure in this book is probably slightly different to what you've read before, or it may not be, depending on what you've read. There aren't in fact different packs. There is one single Pack, with various different regions which different Alphas govern over.

Another thing that's different -

In my books mates don't find each other by scents, because well... it's kinda overdone. Plus it normally sound like this:

The scent of vanilla hit him as he walked through the door, his eyes widening, immediately scanning the room for the source.

I mean seriously... Why do the girls always smell like vanilla half the time...?

Why can't they smell of gunpowder, rainbow farts or a tasty bit of sizzling bacon...?

Don't get me wrong, it's an okayish classic werewolf trope, but I'm not a classics gal. Throughout my series these guys (and girls) find their mates via (drum roll please)... You guessed it. Touch. But, (shock horror) there aren't any magical sparks. No. Instead my lil werewolves get a nice pair of matching tats (tattoos) which they might not notice if they're too unobservant. These are called bond marks, since there are also mate marks for when they both decide to munch on each other.

This book is the first in a planned series of thirteen books, each of which will be focusing on two different protagonists. Skin colours are mentioned in my books, and I have done meticulous research around the topic so as to not offend anyone, and I sincerely hope I have succeeded. Whilst we're on that topic though, please don't leave derogatory comments about said topic. It's rude, and I take it very seriously, so please respect that.

Book plugs, links, and spam in the comments section aren't allowed.

If, for some strange reason, you want to write a one-shot or fanfiction based around some of my characters then this can only be done with my permission.

I'm open to reviews and constructive critisism of my work, but please bear in mind that there is a fine line between critisism and hate - also I'm editing this work, so keep that in mind. (Don't worry I won't bite your head off if you point out a little mistake or a glaringly horrifying plot hole. I'm human, at the end of the day.)

Each of my books in this series can be read separately and actually be understood, however once I eventually get the rest of my series up I'd recommend reading it in order, since there is an overarching plot over most of this series, plus later on in the line there may be some spoilers for earlier books in the later ones. Not to mention that the series is actually written in chronological order.

I'm currently laying out the groundwork for most of these books and getting an idea of the plot for most of them, and some of these books are going to push me out of my comfort zone. Like WAY out of my comfort zone. Some of them will also be rated Mature due to their content and themes, so if you're a young reader and some of my books don't show up, then that'll probably be why.

;)

Please do not copy any of my synopses or covers, because that's just rude, people. Any blurb you can come up with will be better than any one you can copy, because a blurb should describe your story, not someone elses.

I'll be uploading synopses and cover photos once I get them done (I may edit stuff later, though), but in the meantime... I've also renamed all of the books, so I've got to edit the covers, but they'll be up eventually.

I'm currently renaming these books, and this series to match more with what the edits have allowed (although these edits are still incomplete at the moment).

Strings Series:

1. Red String | EDITING

Why was her hair crimson?

Simple...

Because she dyed it in the blood of her enemies.

***

One mistake. That was all it took.

Then Lyra was gone – fleeing back to the place she'd been dreaming of ever since they took her... ever since they changed her into what she'd become. Everything went according to her plan. At least it did until she ran into him.

The one who changed everything.

The man bound to her by the crimson string of fate.

He found her one fateful snowy day, but can he keep her safe?

Old enemies are moving, ghosts of Lyra's shattered past starting to rise as the clock continues to tick leading them towards a future that seems to have been set in stone... meaning the place she once thought of as a sanctuary might not be as safe as she thinks.

2. Purple String | EDITING

Invisibility was all she wanted.

Normalcy what she craved.

Freedom that she desired.

***

Trouble follows Juniper everywhere she goes, stalking her much like the assassins she deals with on a regular basis – and those were a pain to deal with. Still, attempts on her life are only to be expected when she's a Princess of Ishgard... which is why she's trapped inside a glass cage of her family's own making.

Cut off from the world, hidden away in the depths of the palace, she comes up with her own plan to escape.

But vanishing into the background isn't easy.

Not when a powerful group have their eyes set on her.

Ripped away from her home in one swift move. She finds herself being kept under close scrutiny by the previous leaders of the Pack, trapped in yet another painted prison because of her skills, all the while plotting her getaway.

Her plans grind to a halt, though, after a single touch from a single man.

He found her, finally.

Bloodied. Stained. Tainted.

Not innocent in the slightest.

But rather than leaving her like she'd always expected, Juniper finds herself offered a chance – a chance to step out of the shadows and into the light. Something others might kill to obtain... But first he's going to have to collect the scattered pieces of her soul and stitch them back together...

Because sunlight burns soulless creatures of the night.

3. Violet String | EDITING

They called her a demon.

They called her the monster of road races.

They just didn't know how accurate those names were...

***

Genesis never asked for a Gift. She'd rather have been born ungifted, if the choice had been up to her. But it wasn't.

Cursed with violet eyes, abandoned at the side of the road as a child before finally being taken in by the church... now she owes them everything, and she's sworn to repay the ones who saved her—from her misery of a life and her own demons too.

So when the children she looks after for that same church start disappearing, she knows the time has come. She'll save them even if it means using the so-called Gift she's kept hidden for years.

She was ready for the world to find out.

She just wasn't ready for him... her mate... because he's got demons of his own, hovering around him...

And she's one of them.

4. Gold String | COMING SOON

5. ??? | COMING SOON

6. (Coming Soon)

7. (Coming Soon)

8. (Coming Soon)

9. (Coming Eventually)

10. (Coming Eventually)

11. (Coming Eventually)

12. (Coming Eventually)

13. (Coming Sometime in the Future)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 343 29
"Did you think it was brave? Or did you think it was necessary? To defy me." His words felt like a knife twisting in her gut and his silver eyes drun...
55.2K 1.8K 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...
662K 34.6K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...
23.4K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...