Ice and Snow

By Vireen

Aesha Camarell, typical school girl with two best buddies. Cole Rogenson, school heart throb andone of the mo... More

Ice and Snow
Chapter One: The First Day
Chapter Two: The Sister
Chapter Three: The Saturday
Chapter Four: The Apology
Chapter Five: The Twins
Chapter Six: The Cave
Chapter Seven: The Fire Powers
Chapter Eight: The Ice Powers
Chapter Nine: The Park
Chapter Ten: The Early Winter
Chapter Eleven: The.....Date?
Chapter Twelve: The Warmth
Those Feelings ( Special Chapter )
Chapter Thirteen: The Love
Chapter Fourteen: The Holidays
Chapter Fifteen: The Suite
Chapter Sixteen: The Friend
Chapter Seventeen: The Birthday
Chapter Eighteen: The Mistake
Chapter Nineteen: The Letter
Bring Him Back (Oh, Lookie, Another Special Chapter)
Chapter Twenty One: The Family
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cousins
Chapter Twenty Three: The Dinner Party
Chapter Twenty Four: The City of Love
Chapter Twenty Five: The Brother
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rejection
Finally (Lastie Specialie Chappie)
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Song

Chapter Twenty: The Rescue

5.5K 235 66
By Vireen

Chapter Twenty: The Rescue

Cole’s POV

“What are you doing here?” Kennedy asked as I went up the table.

“What are you both doing here?” she asked, this time, glaring at Brent who came up beside me.

“Didn’t I tell you I’ll make it up to you?” Brent said, “I left the popular group, Ken. So let me sit here.”

Kennedy seemed annoyed by his answer but she let him sit anyway, then turned to me, expecting for an explanation. I shrugged, “I might as well sit with you guys. I don’t have anyone to go to.” She nodded and I sat beside Brent.

For the past few weeks, we decided not to talk about Aesha at all. We just continued with our normal lives. But I haven’t forgotten about her. Every single day, I’d hope for her to come back. Every day she’s stuck in my mind.

 I hope she’s not dead or hurt.

I'll kill myself if she's gone forever.

It's already the end of January now, and she's still hasn't returned. The snow was slowly melting I can feel myself getting stronger everyday. I was zoning out when Kennedy suddenly gasped.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Your hand is burning, man." Brent told me. I looked down and sure enough, my palm had a blazing flame on it. Good thing it was hidden under the table. I quickly put it out and bit my lip.

Well, well. The first fire after winter.

"Looks like your powers are back," Kennedy muttered. But I kept my gaze on my hand, as if it'll burn up anytime. And it might.

 I believe Aesha will come back soon. I just know it. Or else I would thrash the whole city just to find her. I don’t even think she’s in San Francisco anymore.

“Do you think you can look for her now?” Kennedy asked me, hope in her eyes. I understood she wanted to ignore what Cylene said and look for her even if it’s the last thing she does. She’s her best friend after all.

I shrugged, “It’s still the first fire. I’m not sure yet, it’ll still take a month.”

Kennedy mumbled something under her breath I couldn’t hear. Yeah, I was as desperate to find Aesha as her. I don’t know with Brent, but I’m really determined to find myAesha. Though, I needed to get on with my life.

And I can’t get on with my life without her.

Interrupting my thoughts, a she- devil came waltzing towards our table. She wore a flirtatious smile that was really creepy. Also, she had too much makeup on as if she’s going to apply for the circus, or something. Not to mention, she came to us acting like she’s the queen of the school.

Kennedy wrinkled her nose in disgust, “Piss off, Willow.”

She smiled innocent- like, causing me to roll my eyes, “I just want to get my Brent back.”

She glared at her, “Your Brent? Go screw yourself, Willow.”

But Willow just ignored her. She rolled her eyes and tugged Brent’s sleeve, “Come on, baby. I want my boyfriend back.”

I was sooo happy I dumped her for Aesha, even if Aesha friend zoned me. She can be too clingy.

Brent look as annoyed as the rest of us were, “You mean you want your ex-boyfriend back. No Willow, that’s not going to happen,”

Ha, in your face, Willow.

But she didn’t stop. She sat beside Brent and forced her lips into his. He tried to pull away, but Willow’s grip was hard.

Man, I’m really glad I dumped her.

My gaze turned to Kennedy, who was watching them with a look of disgust. And probably jealousy.

She stood up from her seat, with raging anger and yanked Willow from Brent and slapped her on the cheek.

Whoa, talk about a jealous girl.

Kennedy went out of the cafeteria as other students began to crowd around Willow. Rumors would go by from mouth to mouth about right now.

I looked over to Brent, sitting there, dumbstruck.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, Ken-“

“Just go away, Brent!” But when she turned to look at me, she smiled apologetically, “Sorry, Cole. Brent’s been bugging me out for a while ever since the incident at the cafeteria.

I smirked at the memory, “It’s okay. I was just asking you if you need a lift right now. Cylene’s waiting in the parking lot.”

“Hell, yeah, I need a ride.” She told me after stuffing her locker with the remaining books.

“Hey guys, wait up!” A voice called out behind us. Kennedy let out a groan.

Brent caught up with us and asked, “Hey, you’re catching a ride with Cylene? Can I come with you? I didn’t bring my car to school.”

We walked to the parking lot and I terribly felt like I was somehow replacing Aesha.

Cylene’s convertible stopped right in front of us and I took the opportunity to seat on the passenger seat beside my sister. I don’t think I’ll be able to survive the car ride if Brent and Kennedy would start arguing.

 “What’s up with them?” Cylene questioned when she glanced at the backseat. Kennedy was in one end of the seat, looking out the window. Brent was trying to talk to her but she didn’t answer so he just pretty much gave up.

“Willow came up to us during lunch. She said she wanted to get back together with Brent. He refused, so Willow kissed him. Then Kennedy was all jealous and pulled the she-devil from him.” I explained.

“I wasn’t jealous!” Kennedy protested.

Cylene snickered, “No wonder she’d get jealous and do that. Kennedy has-“

“Cylene just shut up and drive!” Kennedy cut her off. Brent took a quick curious glance at her but she averted her gaze.

Okay, what was my sister about to say?

~~~~~~~~~~

“Cole, where are you going?” Cylene cocked an eyebrow when I got off the car. I asked her to drop me off near the Golden Gate Bridge.

I shrugged and stuffed my hands in my pockets, “Nothing important.”

But she didn’t seem convinced, “Seriously, bro. Where. Are. You. Going?”

I sighed, “Just some place Aesha loves so much.”

Her face softened. Of course she was aware what that place is. But maybe she was thinking that I must be insane for going there.

“Why?”

Honestly, I didn’t even know. I just felt like I needed to go there. Probably because I miss her so much?

“I guess I want to go somewhere that reminds me of her,” That was almost true.

Thankfully, she let me go. I trudged towards that one place she loves so much. I’ve only been there two times, since she marked it as herterritory.

That place I melted.

That place she rebuilt.

That place where I found out about her powers.

I pushed aside the vines covering the entrance. Just as I expected, the place was beyond cold. Though not as much as before because she wasn’t here anymore to refreeze the place. I pulled my thick jacket tighter around my body. I felt cold, really, but it didn’t hurt this time.

I never about this but when Aesha and I grew closer to each other, the cold felt less painful to me. When I wanted myself to hate her - which I don’t now – the cold would get into me. I don’t know why this happens.

My eyes darted from corner to corner. The fountain at the center, the two mini rivers which connected to form the fountain, the ice walls, the layer of snow beneath my feet, those were usual things in here.

But something caught my eye (well it wasn’t that hard to miss). On the centermost of the ice walls, there was a big heart shaped ice block. It was styled and had snowflakes decorated around it.

This heart…

Was it meant for me?

Huh, I guess she went here before leaving the city.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Aesha’s POV

One month later

I walked on the slippery pavement, keeping my gaze on the ground. The night was chilly and the moon shone brightly on the night sky. I felt like I was the only one walking in this street of Las Vegas. And maybe I was.

I pulled my blue hoodie’s hood (yep, like Jack Frost’s) down my face to avoid eye contact from other people. I can hear my brown caramel boots slosh on the puddles of the sidewalk. I wore my skinny jeans and a white tank top below my hoodie.

“I’m not regretting this,” I reminded myself for the millionth time as I pushed my ice coated hands inside my hoodie pockets. “I’m never going back, and it’s for the better.”

I’m determined not to make this like a real life Frozen movie. I ran away, I’ll stay away forever. I don’t need some Anna to come get me back nor a group of guards with a Hans leading them to capture me and bring me back to San ‘Arendelle’ Francisco. Never. This isn’t a snow queen movie.

And I'm not gonna 'let it go' and build a freaking snow or ice castle in the middle of Vegas. Actually, I'm using my powers a lot less now. I only use them if I really need to. So no more having fun with snow, no more playing around, no more accidents and no more hurting people.

Call me crazy for wandering in some dark and eerie street alone but it's for the better. For the people I love. Especially for Cole. If I'm lucky, maybe someone would adopt this random teenager walking along the streets.

I finally decided to raise my hood a little and take a look at my surroundings. The night was cold - which I enjoyed -, streetlights were flickering on and off and I was alone except for a few cars and motorcycles that would pass by every now and then.

I looked behind me and...oh, God.

A drunk driver of a car came speeding towards me. The car actually left the road and went to the sidewalk. I stifled out a little scream but easily dodged out of the way. But the car didn't stop. It went back to the road, not driving straight.

But something caught my eye. A dark figure of a woman was walking on the opposite sidewalk. She was too far away so maybe that's why I didn't see her before. The car came driving towards the woman and I don't know if it was me, or my hand, but my arm was suddenly raised and a fresh coat of ice covered the road.

Fortunately, the ice was slippery so the car wentthe other way. And - again - fortunately, the car didn't crash or anything but it continued to move. I looked over to the woman on the sidewalk. She probably tried to dodge the car like I did because she was down on her knees.

Oh, great, she's gonna see the ice.

I immediately absorbed all the ice from the road and cautiously ran up to her.

"A-are you okay?" I asked. Her head snapped to the road's direction as she scrambled to her feet. Maybe she was expecting to see the ice there.

"There was ice in there," she said.

Oh, great. She's gonna think I'm a freak.

"N-no there wasn't." I said. She looked at me and grabbed my shoulders.

"Do that again,"

"Do what again?"

"I saw you release that ice, girl. Don't lie to me. Do. It. Again." she ordered.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said.

"Do it again, please," she begged. I hesitantly opened up my hand and let out a snowflake. It sparkled in the moonlight, sending a cold breeze.

Her eyes widened as soon as she saw it, "What's your name?"

I feel so stupid forsaying this, but I've done stupid things, alright, "Uh, Aesha. Aesha Camarell."

She grinned at me, "Hello, Aesha. I'm Maddison Carley."

I kept my gaze on the ground and nodded. Who the hell was this woman?

"Aesha, Aesha look at me." Maddison said.

I looked up at her and my jaw dropped to the ground. She had light brown hair and warm cheery hazel eyes.

Oh, God.

It was like seeing myself in an older version. She looked so much like me.

I wasn't sure if it was idiotic or not, but I uttered the thing that was in my mind.

"Mom?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O_O I wanted to leave ya'll hanging :p. So Aesha's mom huh? Surprise!!!!!

-Vireen

P.S. Finally updated!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 47 20
This story is all about a lovely, beautiful girl with 5 brothers with her!! She is always a bubble girl and a true making of sunshine!! Who wouldn't...
36.9K 1.7K 30
Cold love? Hate love? It's strange how a cold love or hate love can be highlighted in a sibling story. It does, He is a cold brother. She is a soft s...
2.2K 58 24
Four sisters who discover their destiny. Four powers bestowed upon these newly discovered witches. Join us as we tell the tale of Prudence (Prue) the...
672 2 21
this will be where my girl is a normal human but she is Ichigo's twin sister. somewhat normal she has ice and snow powers.