The Wandering Hero. Asami X M...

By Silver_Whisp

A Lone man walks down a path whom seems to be singing to himself. He's usually known as that guy to most. But... More

Chapter One: The Wandering Hero
Chapter Two A Foolish Hero? That's A Matter Of Opinion
Chapter Three: People Aren't My Forte
Chapter Four: Someone To Talk To
Chapter Five: I Hate It When I'm Right
Chapter Six: Ah Crap
Chapter Seven: Take It Back
Chapter Eight: Some Such Nonsense... Along With A Small Development
Chapter Nine: Wow... It's So Cold Some People's Attitudes Are As Well
Chapter Ten: Artists' Ally And A Fool
Chapter Eleven: Birds Of A Feather... Twins. Its Twins
Chapter Twelve: Under Pressure!
Chapter Thirteen: Learning More About Them Boys
Chapter Fourteen: Don't Jump.
Chapter Fifteen: Spirit Nonsense
Chapter Sixteen: Delicate Hands
Chapter Seventeen: Not Worth The Pulling
Chapter Eighteen: The Big One. Like, Really Big.
Chapter Nineteen: Having A Chat
Chapter Twenty: Family Reunion
Chapter Twenty One: A Truth And A Big Bird.
Chapter Twenty Three: Taking It Slow.
Chapter Twenty Four: Sucky Family Values.
Chapter Twenty Five: Ba Sing Se
Chapter Twenty Six: Gray Areas Are Messy.
Chapter Twenty Seven: Nothing Beside Remains.
Chapter Twenty Eight: It's Okay To Not Be Okay.
Chapter Twenty Nine: A Date And Some Voices
Chapter Thirty: Ballad Of Mona Lisa
Chapter Thirty One: Finding Our Father
Chapter Thirty Two: Hellfire
The Wandering Hero ENDED!!!

Chapter Twenty Two: Kids Can Be Good Or Bad. Its A Matter Of Perspective.

3.5K 78 38
By Silver_Whisp

(Your POV)

I am currently walking through a small market esc area t help Lin and Tenzin buy supplies for our journey. Its relatively peaceful right now and everyone seems pretty relaxed. Hell even Mako seems to be in a better mood. Connor has been spending more time with Korra and Aquaris to train them... Though Korra gets to hang out with him outside of training more than Aquaris. Poor Mako knows he's losing that bet. Just as I was looking at some fruit I heard someone shout.

(???): "Get back here you thief!!!" This person shouted. I looked over and ran in that direction. I saw what looked like a kid running down the road. He... Air bended a few people out of his way. Before this commander looking guy can say anything I dart after the kid at full speed. This kid is damn fast.

You: "GET BACK HERE!!!!" I shouted at the kid that stole from the stall. We found a few air benders over the past month and have sent them back to the island but none have been thieves. Scared sure but not a thief. Especially a kid so young. This kid is fast as hell as well. Jumping and weaving through the streets. I am able to keep up but I am nowhere near as agile as this kid. "I JUST WANT TO TALK!!!!" I yelled, as me and Asami chased him. The kid glanced back and made a sharp turn. "Go around Asami and cut him off." I said as I turned. I didn't see but I know she didn't follow me. I see this Kid run down the alleyway but I see Connor and Korra cut off one way out. He looks down another way and turns to his last way out. He then goes for a fire escape ladder. I arrive just as he starts climbing and jump to grip the ladder roughly. "Down you go!" I said smirking as I ripped the ladder down to the ground. He falls and I catch him before holding him by the back of his shirt. He squirms trying to get me to let go and I just shake my head at him. "People have had better luck finding money in their trash. Good luck." I said smirking slightly as he struggled. He stopped at some point and accepted his fate. I then walked towards Tenzin and Jinora so I can get better light to see this kid.

He has dark brown hair and very tan skin. His hair is also shaved at the sides of his head. He also has green eyes. He looks to be about Jinora's age if not a bit older. His outfit is bright green robe esc thing with white sleeves and pants. I look at his hands and see a wallet. I take it from him and see a fat stack of cash in the wallet. I look at him.

You: "Stealing in broad day light is bold but it is a sure fire way t get yourself caught. If not killed." I said looking at the kid. The kid says nothing in response. "No judging from me. You air bend huh?" I asked as I set the kid down. I kept my grip on his shirt just in case he decided to run. The boy nodded. "I'm (M/n). What's your name kid?" I asked the kid with a gentle smile.

Kai: "The name's Kai." Kai said a bit flat like. I see Tenzin looking at me curiously out of the corner of my eye. "What are you waiting for? Turn me into the police." Kai stated a bit angry like. I raise a brow at that. "They won't put me in jail. They'll sned me to be in the Queen's new air bending unit." Kai stated looking more angry and upset. That surprises me.

You: "Are you saying that... Um... 'Queen' is kidnapping air benders?" I asked Kai squatting to his level. He nodded and I looked to Tenzin. "We'll need to get them out after Zaofu." I said seriously to Tenzin. Tenzin nodded in agreement and I looked back to Kai. "I'm not going to turn you in. In fact we've been searching for air benders. Tenzin here." I said gesturing to said man. "Is the only Air Bending master in existence. He wants to properly train the new air benders in how to use their powers and even the near deceased Air Nomad culture." I explained with a smile. Kai looked at me a bit surprised. "If you came with us you'd have food, a home, and possibly meet some cute girls." I said gently nudging him with my fist. I have since let go of him and he hasn't ran. Kai laughed a bit and I saw him glance at Jinora for a split second

Kai: "Even... With me being a thief?" Kai asked me sounding unsure. I gestured him to the others who have since joined us. Tenzin smiled down at him and nodded. "I..." He stops as he goes wide eyed. I follow his gaze and see a man in dark green armor approaching us with three men. I stand and have Kai stand behind me. Mako and Boli stand behind him as Connor and Korra join me in the front of him. The three men stood in front of us.

Dai-Li: " I am Dai-Li. Stand aside. This thief will be brought to justice." This Dai-Li said seriously. I just scowled at the man.

You: "No." I said flatly. Dai-Li gives me an unamused look. "I'll translate that order. Ahem." I said faking the need to clear my throat. "'The earth queen wants me to kidnap this air bender and force him into servitude.' See, I would follow that order if I gave a damn about that Queen or her 'authority.' If you could even call it that." I said smirking proudly. Dai-Li scowls at me.

Dai-Li: "Move. Or you all will be moved." He said trying to sound threatening. I smirk more and send him a rather scary look before speaking.

You: "Did you hear about that Ferris Wheel accident in the southern water tribe a few months back?" I asked the man. Dai-Li nodded and my facial expression became a tad dark. "I was who lifted it up." I said in a deathly serious tone. His men seem to tense up and even he seems to have second thoughts on attacking me. "So unless you have a few thousand people backing you up I'd back up. This kid is in our custody." I said glaring down this Dai-Li. He tried to glare back and it was a few minutes of silence. He then backed up and said nothing. They all turned away at his orders but that look back he gave me was fierce. Once they are out of sight I look at Tenzin. "He'll be trouble." I said seriously. Tenzin nodded in return and I looked back at Kai. "What do you sayto getting the hell out?" I asked with a smile. Kai wasted no time agreeing with us. He walked ahead with Tenzin and Jinora. I did see him glance at Jinora a few times which makes me smile. Korra and Connor walked past me with Mako and Bolin.

Asami: "It's strange." I heard Asami say from my side. I look at her and raise an eyebrow. "You're pretty good with kids. It's a strange talent." Asami said with a small smile. I nodded in agreement. She is right after all.

You: "It's odd but without Pema being around someone should be good with them." I said with a small smirk. Asami pushed me a bit shaking her head still smiling. All that did was make me laugh as we began walking forward. "We still need to get the stupid supplies before we head back." I said groaning slightly. Asami merely giggled at my reaction. She then grabbed my hand to force me to walk faster. I merely look at her hand as I let her drag me along.

Asami: "If it's such a bore than lets hurry bug guy." Asami said with a smirk. I look at her and shake my head not even blushing at this antics anymore. Usually she and I do the shopping and when I take my sweet ass time she makes me rush faster by doing this. I just pick up my pace to walk next to her. Though she doesn't let my hand go in the slightest. I'll let her figure that out. I try my hardest not to smirk at the idea. We arrive at one of the stores and as soon as we walk in the shop keeper is giving us a kind smile.

Keep: "Ah. Young love." The woman said to us smiling. She looks to be in her sixties. Asami tilts her head while I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing my ass off. "It's good to see that despite the hustle and bustle of modern life love still blooms." The lady said smiling more. Asami thinks for a bit and seems to stiffen at what she's talking about. She rips her hand from mine and I finally lose it and laugh. She blushes deeply and walks further into the shop as I stay behind.

You: "We're not dating. She just wanted to make me hurry up." I said between laughs as Asami pretends to browse through the goods with a deep blush on her face, I shake my head as I calm down and lean over discreetly. "Though I wouldn't mind dating her." I said smiling at Asami. The keep laughed softly.

Keep: "You should take her somewhere nice. Ba Sing Se isn't far from here." The keep said to me kindly. I chuckled a bit at that since, well, we're heading in a different direction.

You: "I was thinking that but we won't be heading there for a while unfortunately. We need to go to Zaofu first." I said with a small sigh. The keep hums in response as I look back at Asami. She looked away quickly and that makes me smile. I look back at the Keep. "We're on a road trip of sorts. When we got back settled in a city or something I was going to ask her out." I explained nicely. The keep smiled wide at that.

Keep: "Good. Love is important. One shouldn't pass it up." The keep said to me kindly. Oddly wise but not wrong in the slightest. I nodded in agreement before thanking her and joining Asami in shopping. As I did I swore I saw her glance at me and smile to herself. Hm.

Me and Asami shopped happily together. We did chat on occasion but we had allot to buy before we left this little hamlet. Once we had all of it done I was the pack mule as I was made to carry everything back. Asami was smirking to herself the entire time since she convinced me to do this. I'm weak willed when it comes to her it seems. Great to know. That was sarcasm mind you. When we made it back and put up the supplies Tenzin told us that at some point he will be transferring all of the air benders we have found to the northern air temple. He, Jinora, and Kai will be going when that happens while the rest of us have to keep looking. I teased him about slacking on the job. Tenzin just shook his head with a smile. After that I walk back to my room in the ship and work on my newest sketch. Delilah oddly enough and man. She's looking good. At least according to everyone on this ship. Heh. I need to take my time on the scales so I will be here for a bit.

*TIMESKIP*

(Still Your POV)

Tenzin, Jinora, and Kai left yesterday. To think it has been about a month since we found him. He, despite his mischievous nature, is actually a decent kid. Though just like Jinora he did seem to like me more than the others. That was fine with me. Right now though, Lin says we're heading to The Metal Clan city of Zaofu. Which should be fun but Lin seemed upset at the idea. I smell drama. And toast right now. I have since finished my drawing of Delilah and was about to start on Asami until I realized that I'm unsure how I should do it. I may need to ask for advice. I am currently heading to main room of the ship since we should be getting close to this city. Once I get there I see the others hanging about in the room. I sir down next to Asami and Connor. Or in between them I guess. I see Mako chatting with Aquaris about something. Bolin just keeps shaking his head.

Mako: "So... What do you say? I mean who knows how long well be here. Want to go do something while we are?" Mako asked Aquaris with a small smile. I want to snicker but I have to bite my lip to stop myself.

Aquaris: "I'm flattered that you'd want to but... Um... How do I put this?" Aqauris said fiddling with her thumbs. "You're not my type." Aquaris said looking at Mako. Mako tilts his head slightly though he doesn't look offended.

Mako: "Oh... What do you mean?" Mako asked sounding confused. I can't hold it in so well before Aquaris can reply I do it for her.

You: "She's gay as the day is long!" I said finally letting out my pent up emotions. Mako looks surprised and looks to Aquaris. She nods her head confirming I was right but does not look happy about the way I went about it.

Aquaris: "Not the way I would've put it but yeah... I already have someone in mind anyway." Aqiaris said as she blushed a bit. I know who she's talking about and nod with a shit eating grin. She looks at me and rolls her eyes. "Ass." She said shaking her head. I laugh a bit at that.

You: "And proud of it... About seventy percent of the time." I said jokingly. Aquaris rolls her eyes again but is smiling more.

Mako: "Well. Still maybe you would be willing to hang out? As friends? Bolin would be there to I imagine." Mako suggested kindly to Aquaris. She nodded smiling at the idea. "At least Bolin will be able to talk about cute girls with someone other than me." Mako said looking over at Bolin with the faintest of smirks. Bolin shoved him in response and Mako shoved back. It would've devolved into wrestling but Korra spoke up first.

Korra: "Look... We're here." Korra said sounding in awe. We all look over to the window and crowd around it. Not bad. Not bad at all.

You: "Man... That's pretty freaking cool." I said smiling more as I looked at thee approaching city. Everyone agreed with me. I need to get a better look at the landscape but I am liking it allot. Is it sketch worthy? Yes. Yes it is.

The Air Ship hovers over a certain bridge that seems to be built to allow airships to land. As it begins to lower, the ship jerks for some reason sending me tumbling back onto the couch. Korra, Asami, and Connor land on me I think. All I can see is eternal black hair that seems to have no end. The three of them laugh a bit as they slowly pull off me. Korra groans loudly before pulling the other two off me. I take a breath and see Connor and Asami on the floor. I start laughing at what happened and the three of them join me. Once the ship is fully docked all of us, including Lin, leave the ship and man is this place nice to look at. Its nestled into a mountain valley which has fields of green grass and even a river flowing through it. The mountain tops are covered in snow. The city itself is strangely unique. Each part of this city seems to sit within almost flower like metal blooms. Over all, it's a pretty place. Though I wouldn't want to live here. I mean what the hell does the city layout look like. Any who before I can get to absorbed in the scenery we walk up to the largest of these blooms and wait by a gate. I sit there tapping my foot.

Asami: "This place is beautiful." Asami said sounding extremely happy. I look at her and just smile at her gorgeous face. She seems so content here. She then looks at me still smiling. "Wouldn't you agree?" Asami asked me smiling. I take one last look around and do notice how beautiful the river looks as the sun reflects its light off it along with the metal petals.

You: "Yeah. It is nice I'll admit." I said smiling. "Although I have to wonder if the layout of the whole city is confusing." I said looking at the different parts of the city. I see Asami looking around with me as well. I then gesture to one bloom. "Is it like, here's all the food." I then gesture to another, "Other stuff is here." I said before gesturing to the big one in front of us. "And this is all your medical and government needs." I said with a cheeky smirk. I look at Asami who is at my side who is smirking alongside me.

Asami: "As if Republic City is better organized?" Asami asked me with the smirk. I go to reply but... She's damn right. I plop my hands to the side in defeat and she giggles at my defeated expression. "May not be able to be beaten in combat but a battle of smartass comments and I have you cornered." Asami teased with a smirk. I give her a flat look and she emrely laughs at me. Lin then called the two of us over and we made our way to her.

We both see a new woman standing at the entrance to the city with a trailing pissed off looking Lin behind her. I guess they had a meeting first? She has greying hair that is done up in a where a part of it is hanging off the right side of her head. She has a similar skin tone to Lin, minus the scars. Her eyes are almost like green pistachios. Why do I think that? She is wearing a nice dark green outfit. It has some white in it as well. She's also wearing some kind of small head piece with a blue jewel on it. She looks a bit like Lin... Oh. Oh they're sisters aren't they. Drama incoming.

Sue: "My name is Suyin Beifong and I am the leader and founder of this city. Who might you all be?" Sue asked the lot of us. Slowly one by one they introduced themselves. Mako and Bolin went first, followed by Korra and Aquaris. Connor greeted her respectfully and introduced himself as a fire bending master trained by Zuko. Seems he's had to practice this before. Suyin seemed impressed and said it was a pleasure to meet him. She then got to me and Asami. Asami did her thing and told her about her company. Suyin seemed familiar with them. She then turned to me. "What's your name?" Suyin asked me kindly. I smile at her.

You: "(F/n) (L/n). I like (M/n) better. Rolls off the tongue easier." I said in a slightly joking manner. That made Suyin giggle for a moment. She then looked like she realized something and looked at me surprised.

Sue: "You're the one that lifted that Ferris Wheel during the Festival in the Southern Water Tribe weren't you?" Suyin asked me smiling. I'm actually surprised that spread around to the public. Especially out this far. "That look tells me you can't believe I knew about that. Don't be so modest. It's not everyday someone holds up a Ferris Wheel to save forty people." Suyin said to me kindly. I just scratch my cheek in slight embarrassment which just serves to get Suyin to laugh. "He's blushing. How adorable." She said as she patted my back. I shake my head at that. "Just call me Sue. Now, I believe you all need to meet someone. Follow me." Sue said as she began walking forward. I look to Asami.

You: "I kind of like her." I said smiling a bit. Asami nodded in agreement as we, and the rest of the group followed Sue to... Where are we going again? Crap, no one asked.

We followed her into the first bloom and I take a few looks at the city's metal buildings. See, I think they would get hot but maybe there's something on the inside that prevents such a thing. Sue is telling us about the city and the metal petal things close up when there's a threat to the city. Its nifty but I asked what would happen if the device to do so was broken. She said her metal benders could handle it. I asked what would happen if they weren't fast enough and she deflected the question with a joke about how I ask so many questions. I see a flaw in this city's design. Asami giggled at my questioning that seemed to make Sue stop talking about the city's defenses as a whole. After sometime we arrive at her palace of sorts. Unlike most of the buildings this one resembles a more oriental style with some metal bender elements thrown in. Seems rather 'eh' to me but then again for the past, almost year now, I've been staying in a giant white tower in the middle of water so it's not a fair comparison. We are guided to a small courtyard where there seems to be a girl about Bolin's age waiting for us. When Sue called for this 'Opal' she turned around and smiled at us. She has Sue's skin tone so one could easily assume this was her daughter. Her hair is raven black and is done in a style where it seems to hug her cheeks. Her outfit is a brighter green than her mother's but still has white within it. She has an innocent look about her. She waves to greet us.

Sue: "This is my daughter, Opal Beifong." Sue stated proudly gesturing to the girl she now stands beside. "She's an air bender." Sue again stated proudly. I cheered a bit which got everyone to look at me.

You: "What? We don't have to look around for some random person." I said cheekily smiling. I felt Asami shove me in response to that though I can hear her snickering at my antics. "Heh. Nice to meet you Opal. My name's (M/n)." I said waving happily. She smiled wide at me and waved back.

Opal: "It's nice to meet you to!" Opal said happily to me. I think we're going to be damn good friends. Opal then introduced herself to the others in her way but when she got to Bolin he just called her cute. It made Opal blush but she complimented him back. I lean over to Asami.

You: "Money says before we leave here they'll be a couple." I said with a smirk. Asami stifled a chuckle and agreed with me by nodding her head.

Asami: "Please. A mere week I'd be willing to bet." Asami said smiling to me. I chuckle and nod in agreement as Sue tells us there will be food. I jump at the chance and we follow her to a dining room. We all take seats as Sue begins talking with Korra. I began chatting with the others until I overheard Sue speaking about Opal's bending.

Sue: "I want you Korra to teach my daughter to air bend properly." Sue said confidently. I raise a brow at the idea. I may not be a bender but I know for sure that's not the best idea on the planet.

Connor: "If... I may... As an official master of fire bending it would be better if Opal learned from Tenzin himself. Korra may have a decent understanding of the art but Tenzin is leagues above her." Connor explained calmly to Sue. Korra nodded in agreement but that look on Sue's face says she won't budge on the issue. I just roll my eyes and ignore the conversation taking place between the three. Asmai however seems to be chatting with a dude named Varrick.

Asami: "So what new things are you working on Varrick?" Asami asked this Varrick guy. He has black hair and just like many that live within the earth kingdom he has slightly tanned skin. He has black hair done up in a way that he has a curl at the tip in the front. I can't see his eyes from where I am sitting though.

Varrick: "I'm trying to develop a new transport system that would use magnets! Just imagine. No need for wheels thus no need to restrict its speed. It would be marvelous." Varrick said sounding happy and proud at the aspect. I decide to flaunt somethings I learned here to the two of them.

You: "With magnetic repulsion?" I asked looking at the two. Varrick stops dead in his tracks and looks at me shocked. Even Asami looks surprised to hear me say that.

Varrick: "Y-yes! I am hoping to levitate the car for this transportation just enough so it can be pushed forward by the magnets! How on earth did you deduce that? Um..." Varrick said not really knowing my name. I smile a bit sheepishly.

You: "(M/n) is my name. And... Um... Well Asami liked talking about this stuff with me when we hang out so... I took it upon myself to try and learn some of it so I can actually talk to her instead of sitting there like an idiot." I confessed a bit sheepishly. Varrick just smiled at that and looked at Asami.

Varrick: "The great, independent Asami Sato blushing at a young man's actions. I thought it impossible." Varrick said faking his shock. I look over at Asami and he's right. She's blushing pretty bad at what I said. Not to the point she looks like a tomato but it's pretty obvious she's blushing.

Asami: "If you want help on that project Varrick I'd shut it." Asami said sounding a tad annoyed. Varrock merely chuckled at her before she looked at me. She seemed a tad... off. Nervous maybe? "And... Thank you. For what you did I mean." Asami said smiling a bit. I smile more at that. "I could teach you this stuff if you want." Asami said with a small look of hopefulness in her eyes.

You: "Um... Sure. As long as you promise to be patient with me." I said smiling. I do want to understand what she likes since she's listened to me about drawing in the past. She seemed to understand it somewhat. "In return I could teach you to draw... If you want." I said a bit nervously at the idea. Asami mulled it over for a time.

Asami: "Sure. Looks like we're going to be here for a while so at least we'll have something to do together beyond walking around." Asami said smiling to me. "N-not that just chatting is bad mind you." Asami seemed to correct herself for no reason. I chuckle a bit and gently pat her back.

You: "I know what you meant Asami. No worries." I said smiling gently. She smiled and we stared deeply into one another's eyes for a time. My smile seems to grow more as I do until I feel allot of eyes on us. I look over and see everyone staring at us. I retract my hand from Asami and frown at everyone. "Really?" I asked everyone slightly annoyed. Some of the group laughed at me as Connor, Mako, and Lin all shook their heads like I'm an idiot.

Once the food arrived we began to eat and talk. Sue did ask me a few questions and was very entertained when I told her about Tatsu and all that insanity. I got to know Opal a bit better to. When Bolin wasn't flirting with her anyway. She seemed like a genuinely kind, sweet, and innocent. She was so concerned for me when I told her I died for like ten minutes. Or I guess as close to death as one can get without dying. She's a damn good kid even if her mother seems snooty. Kai was to even if his past was different. It's all a manner of perspective. I did notice throughout the dinner that when me and Asami talked, people would look at us in anticipation. Me and Asami often rolled our eyes and tried to ignore them. If we're staying here than. Maybe... Maybe we could go on a date? Maybe... Just maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 24.5K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
88K 682 42
You are one of the most talented lightning bender in the world. The power that you hold is powerful and you will do whatever you can to protect your...
15.2K 438 31
This story is about a cute , sassy, stubborn and most handsome boy Kim Taehyung. Who is very confident and Intelligent boy. Who has the ability to ma...
104K 3.6K 17
Zukox(M)Reader "But... why?" He frowned and hung his head low. His loose hair covered the scar I was so familiar with by now. "All I've done is h...