Chapter Twenty Two: Kids Can Be Good Or Bad. Its A Matter Of Perspective.

(Your POV)

I am currently walking through a small market esc area t help Lin and Tenzin buy supplies for our journey. Its relatively peaceful right now and everyone seems pretty relaxed. Hell even Mako seems to be in a better mood. Connor has been spending more time with Korra and Aquaris to train them... Though Korra gets to hang out with him outside of training more than Aquaris. Poor Mako knows he's losing that bet. Just as I was looking at some fruit I heard someone shout.

(???): "Get back here you thief!!!" This person shouted. I looked over and ran in that direction. I saw what looked like a kid running down the road. He... Air bended a few people out of his way. Before this commander looking guy can say anything I dart after the kid at full speed. This kid is damn fast.

You: "GET BACK HERE!!!!" I shouted at the kid that stole from the stall. We found a few air benders over the past month and have sent them back to the island but none have been thieves. Scared sure but not a thief. Especially a kid so young. This kid is fast as hell as well. Jumping and weaving through the streets. I am able to keep up but I am nowhere near as agile as this kid. "I JUST WANT TO TALK!!!!" I yelled, as me and Asami chased him. The kid glanced back and made a sharp turn. "Go around Asami and cut him off." I said as I turned. I didn't see but I know she didn't follow me. I see this Kid run down the alleyway but I see Connor and Korra cut off one way out. He looks down another way and turns to his last way out. He then goes for a fire escape ladder. I arrive just as he starts climbing and jump to grip the ladder roughly. "Down you go!" I said smirking as I ripped the ladder down to the ground. He falls and I catch him before holding him by the back of his shirt. He squirms trying to get me to let go and I just shake my head at him. "People have had better luck finding money in their trash. Good luck." I said smirking slightly as he struggled. He stopped at some point and accepted his fate. I then walked towards Tenzin and Jinora so I can get better light to see this kid.

He has dark brown hair and very tan skin. His hair is also shaved at the sides of his head. He also has green eyes. He looks to be about Jinora's age if not a bit older. His outfit is bright green robe esc thing with white sleeves and pants. I look at his hands and see a wallet. I take it from him and see a fat stack of cash in the wallet. I look at him.

You: "Stealing in broad day light is bold but it is a sure fire way t get yourself caught. If not killed." I said looking at the kid. The kid says nothing in response. "No judging from me. You air bend huh?" I asked as I set the kid down. I kept my grip on his shirt just in case he decided to run. The boy nodded. "I'm (M/n). What's your name kid?" I asked the kid with a gentle smile.

Kai: "The name's Kai." Kai said a bit flat like. I see Tenzin looking at me curiously out of the corner of my eye. "What are you waiting for? Turn me into the police." Kai stated a bit angry like. I raise a brow at that. "They won't put me in jail. They'll sned me to be in the Queen's new air bending unit." Kai stated looking more angry and upset. That surprises me.

You: "Are you saying that... Um... 'Queen' is kidnapping air benders?" I asked Kai squatting to his level. He nodded and I looked to Tenzin. "We'll need to get them out after Zaofu." I said seriously to Tenzin. Tenzin nodded in agreement and I looked back to Kai. "I'm not going to turn you in. In fact we've been searching for air benders. Tenzin here." I said gesturing to said man. "Is the only Air Bending master in existence. He wants to properly train the new air benders in how to use their powers and even the near deceased Air Nomad culture." I explained with a smile. Kai looked at me a bit surprised. "If you came with us you'd have food, a home, and possibly meet some cute girls." I said gently nudging him with my fist. I have since let go of him and he hasn't ran. Kai laughed a bit and I saw him glance at Jinora for a split second

Kai: "Even... With me being a thief?" Kai asked me sounding unsure. I gestured him to the others who have since joined us. Tenzin smiled down at him and nodded. "I..." He stops as he goes wide eyed. I follow his gaze and see a man in dark green armor approaching us with three men. I stand and have Kai stand behind me. Mako and Boli stand behind him as Connor and Korra join me in the front of him. The three men stood in front of us.