Chapter Twenty Three: Taking It Slow.

(Your POV)

Three days since we got here and though Korra is okay at teaching Opal, they haven't made allot of progress. Korra's going to keep trying until we have to find more benders though. Connor continues to train Aquaris in the art of Fire Bending. Bolin, when Opal isn't busy, has been spending all his time with well Opal. Mako has been, well Mako I suppose. Lin and Sue haven't talked all that much despite you know, the whole family being reunited thing. Asami has been teaching me a few things about mechanical things. So far I am understanding most of it but some parts still escape me. Right now I am sitting on a bench that over looks some of the valley with my art supplies. I borrowed an easel from Sue so I could do it properly. I am smiling to myself as I work. I chatted with Tatsu In my head once in a while as I work when I think of something to talk about. Which, to be honest, amounted to not much in the damn slightest. As I work I notice Asami approaching you from my left. She seems pretty happy about something but I have no idea what. She sits right next to me.

Asami: "Its looking good so far." Asami said as she looked over my shoulder. I hum happily as I simply keep going. I have almost all the shapes and lines I need in order to begin working on the details. I've been coming out here for the oast few days at about eight in the morning until late In the evening.

You: "Thank you. Glad you like it." I said happily as I continued working. "Was tehre something you needed? Or has Varrick finally amnged to bore you?" I asked with a small smirk as I finished the river finally. Asami laughed a small bit at what I said.

Asami: "No. No quite yet anyway. He's getting really close to that goal though." Asami said with a small laugh at the end. I chuckle as I continue. "Just wanted to chat with you. Figured now would be a good time to begin traching me this stuff." Asami said happily. I look over at her as I come to a stopping point.

You: "Are you sure?" I ask kindly. She nodded confirming she was. I reach down to my bag after I place my current utensil down. I pull out my small pad and another drawing pencil. I flip the pad to an empty page and then hand Asami the pad and pencil. "Now, your natural instinct to what I am going to tell you is 'that's utterly stupid' but trust me when I say it is necessary to begin learning how to draw as I do." I said a bit seriously to Asami. She nodded in understanding. "All I want you to do is draw a bunch of small circles. That's it. Fill a quarter of that page with them." I explained simply before turning back to my drawing.

Asami: "That's it? Really?" Asami asked sounding confused. I look at her and nod my head yes. She just shrugs a bit. "Okay. I'll do just that." Asami said before turning to her own pad. I'm expecting decent circles but not great ones.

I continue on my drawing as Asami goes about dping what I asked. I am finally done with the chapes and lines. Once I erase the construction lines I begin to slowly add details to the landscape I have drawn. I bigin with the larger shapes. Mainly, the mountains. I begin at the top with some chalk and slowly add in the details of the snowy covered peak. I hear Asami once and awhile curse under her breath. Mainly saying, 'hell' but not much else. Its not as easy as she thought it was. Especially since she desighns blue prints, not pieces of art work. Those come after the design begins being built. I just continue working with a smile on my face as I continue on the mountain tops. After what felt like an hour I feel Asami tap my shoulder. I look at her pad and it was wha I expected. She did many different zizes which was good but allot of them are not perfect circles. Some look like eggs or even ovals. But a pleasant surprise is that her lines are not jagged at all. That's really good to see.

You: "Not as easy as It sounded was it?" I asked looking at Asami. Asami sighed deeply but agreed with me. "I see a few good thngs. Your lines are not jagged at all which is very impressive. Mine were for the longest time." I said looking back at the page. I can see Asami smile a bit at that. "Some of these are really good circles but I'm sure you see some of them look like eggs." I said as I gently pointed to one that was. Asami nodded a bit. "Overall though, all that time drawing up plans has served you well." I said looking at Asami smiling. She smiled more. "Now. Do another quarter but with squares abd rectangles. This should be child's play for you." I said smirking slightly. Asami raised a brow at me. "I need to gauge what you can do at this moment. Basic shapes are one of the best ways I could take a guess at what you should learn first." I explained calmly with a smile. Asami thought for a moment before nodding in understanding.