Chapter Fifteen: Spirit Nonsense

(Your POV)

The next morning I asked Bolin to fetch Lin and his brother for me since I intend to hunt Aquaris' poor mother. Tenzin told me this morning that she was crying for a good while after he got her settled in. Meelo heard it and didn't want to leave her side so he didn't. He was found sleeping in her room on the foot of her bed. I am waiting in the main area for Lin and Mako. I look up just as Mako enters the room. He gives me an angry look and I sigh before standing.

You: "Look Mako... I'm sorry." I said as I looked down. I then look back up to see he looks a tad surprised. "I just... Relationships to me should be taken seriously and what happened between you, Korra and Asami just reminded me why I don't usually talk about that kind of thing." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck. "I overreacted... Scratch that I blew a fuse that didn't even need to be blown... I know you just want what was best for Korra and Connor... Rebounds never work." I said with a weak chuckle. "I also know you're just getting used to having friends with your brother... So... I'm sorry... I really am sorry." I said apologetically with my head down in a small bow. I look back up to see Mako shaking his head at me.

Mako: "You're right. You did overreact in an unnecessary manner... But so, did I." Mako said as he shook his head at himself. "I just... *Sigh* As you said being around friends is kind of new for me and Bolin and... I just want what's best for them... And I come across as a jack ass as I do though... Even if unintentionally." Mako said as he looked at me with sad eyes. I approached him and he sighed once more. "It looks like we both need to work on our people skills." Mako said with a chuckle. I chuckled with him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "So... Apology accepted... And I give one to." Mako said as he looked at me with the smallest of smiles. I smile back.

You: "Nah. Don't worry about it. Friends?" I asked with my normal wide smile. He nodded saying yes and we hugged briefly. "That feels like a weight off my shoulders." I exclaimed with a relieved sigh as I let him go. He chuckled and agreed with me. "Now... Once Lin gets here." I wasn't able to finish as I saw Lin walk in with Bolin and Asami for some reason. "Speak of the devil... Lin we need to talk." I said as my demeanor changed to a more serious one. She nodded and we all sat down. "Last night... I saw Aquaris again." I said as I looked at Asami. She smiled briefly but it faded when she saw my face. "I stopped from... Doing something and she told me what's been going on in her life..." I said as I tried to keep my anger in check.

Asami: "What happened? Is she okay? IS she here?" Asami asked me sounding very worried. I nodded my head confirming she was and Asami sighed in relief.

You: "She's shaken but alive." I said to everyone. They all nodded. "She's... A fire bender like Mako and Connor but... She comes from the southern water tribe so she was often picked on for it... Her mother moved them to the city due to her mother claiming she was being ridiculed for her daughter's powers which I think is utter Air Bison crap." I said as I clenched my fists in anger. "Aquaris' mother... Once they moved here... began... Beating her." I said as my eyes fumed in anger. I feel the temperature in the room rise telling me Mako is losing his temper right alongside me. I look and see Lin on the edge of just running to find the bitch herself.

Lin: "How dare she!?" Lin shouted at no one in particular. "Tell me you have a way to find her." Lin asked with anger as she looked at me. I nodded and she smirked a bit evilly.

You: "I have a name and address thanks To Meelo getting Aquaris to open up some. The name is Wendy Alaku... And the address is the second floor of the apartment complex down sixth. Apartment number 210." I said to Lin trying to keep my anger still in check. Lin nodded and stood up. "Mako... I want you to come just in case she resists... Are you alright with that?" I asked Mako. He looked up at me and nodded before standing. I then looked at Bolin and Asami. "We'll be back... Later." I said to them sternly. Bolin nodded and Asami stood up.