Heavy Crown ♚ H.S [ON HOLD]

By macklemcvey

❝Heavy is the head that wears the crown.❞ - Shakespeare, Henry IV [WARNING: This story contains explicit co... More

Heavy Crown ♚
Trailer ♚
Playlist ♚
Prologue ♚
| I |
III
IV
| V |
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
| XI |
| XII |
| XIII |
XIV
XV
XVI
| XVII |
XVIII
| XIX |
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
HC One-shot Contest: CLOSED ♚
HC One-Shot Contest: Winners ♚
HC One-Shot Contest: Winner's One Shot ♚
| XXVII |
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
| XXXI |
XXXII
XXXIII
| XXXIV |
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
on hold yay (not)
HC INFO/RECAP
XXXIX
XL
hi
HC RECAP 2
XLI
ON HOLD
| XLII |
XLIII

II

23.5K 976 1.8K
By macklemcvey

Creds to the person who made this edit !! I'm nutting! This pic was the reason why I wanted long hair harry for this story as well as short hair harry.

I'm so happy with the response to the first chapter! I hope you guys will enjoy the rest of the book 'cause I'm so hyped for it :)

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

"You look ravishing, Princess."

  A ghost of a smile danced on Reina's lips at the sound of Harry's words. Reina's luminous green eyes moved from the rose bushes that decorated the stone pillars of the gazebo Harry and her just finished having lunch at. The conversation was somewhat tense, neither of them interested in getting to know each other because they were both busy with their own thoughts. They were both still upset over the news of the marriage.

   "You don't have to use flattery to disguise your distaste for me," Reina said with a bitter smile, making Harry's pink lips curl into a smirk.

   "Distaste for a beautiful woman like you? I'm offended you'd even think that," Harry looked at her with gleaming eyes, thumb and index finger tugging at his baby pink lower lip.

  Reina's gaze flickered from his to the golden and silver lion ring that sat on his thumb, watching it glint in the sunlight. The lion was House Styles' sigil. Pride, Honor, Justice was their words. They always incorporated the sigil and their house colors, gold and crimson, with their outfits. Harry currently wore a dark green jacket with a vest inside, decorated with golden embellishments, which if you looked close enough had tiny lions sewn in. His sword hung by his side, the cross-guard of the hilt craved into two lions point outwards as well as the tip of the hilt.

   "But I am not surprised," he continued to say with a sigh, fiddling with his rings on his fingers.

   "Not surprised that I offended you?"

   "I was going to say it's a thing I've heard about foreigners; that you people are a little bit...discourteous. But-"

   "But you know not to wake a sleeping dragon," she gazed at him challengingly with her blazing green eyes, making his smirk grown wider. "So you should watch what you say."

   "You're not exactly sleeping, now are you? Little dragon," he played, making Reina bite the inside of her cheek to stop herself saying something that'll hurt his ego.

   "Fair point. But it's better not to provoke a dragon that's already awake, as well," Reina shot back with her brows arched at him, wishing she could wipe that smirk off his face. She hated anyone who discriminated against her based off the place she came from.

    "As you wish, Princess," Harry chuckled lightly under his breath as the servants cleared the table for dessert.

  Reina turned to look out into the garden again, still a little bit preoccupied with her thoughts to make conversation with her future husband. Harry on the other hand took this little time to study her in even more detail. Her long, raven hair was braided behind her back, leaving little strands to frame her beautiful face. The color of her mesmerizing eyes caught his attention again as the sunlight shone against them, causing the green color to turn lighter, almost silver. Her eyes were similar to Harry's; they were green, but much paler. The darkest hers would turn is the lightest Harry's would change into.

  He licked his lips and pressed them together when his eyes drifted down a little to gaze at the dress she was wearing. It was hot in Siremeth, a large contrast to the bitter cold, windy weather of Vardomos. Therefore, majority of Reina's dresses were made of warm, heavy material. But since the King and Queen were expecting her arrival, and her stay for eternity since she was marrying the Prince, they had gowns for her made. A collection of dresses those were color-coordinated to the colors of her house, as well as Harry's house.

  The dress she was wearing was made of a silvery gray material, wrapped around her bust firmly and flowing freely from then on. A silver dragon brooch secured the fabric at the front of her dress, accompanied with matching armbands that also had the long silvery material of her dress attached to it around the back. A silver dragon claw ring curled around her finger, marking the sigil of House Rahraenos. She looked ravishing, was all Harry could think.

   "My mother told me you like honey cakes," Harry spoke up just as the servants arrived with the desserts. "I had some made for you."

  Not really, he thought in his mind. His mother instructed the servants to make it and for Harry to say that.

   "I do, and thank you," she said politely, helping herself to a slice of the golden cake.

   "I apologize for my words earlier," he suddenly said, making her frown lightly. "About people like you."

   "Foreigners you mean," she uttered, not looking at him.

   "Yes," he said quietly. "What I meant to say was, I wasn't surprised if you said anything offensive towards me because of what happened in the rebellion...with your father."

  She lifted her gaze to meet his. Harry was unable to detect the emotions in her expression but decided to keep going.

   "I understand if you feel bitter and resentment towards me because of what happened," he muttered, averting his gaze to his fingers.

   "I don't resent you. I resent your father," she simply said. "And it's not only for the murder of my father, but also because of this marriage."

  She was a little blunt with her words, chewing on her honey cake carelessly as Harry bit his lip a little. A small part of him always thought any woman would feel lucky to be married to him. They all swooned at the sight of him and the sound of his voice. It boosted his ego. He was also the son of the King, and a royal prince. Surely those are what a woman desired most from a man when it came to searching for a husband, he thought to himself. But clearly not Reina.

  So that small part of him wondered if she disliked him even though she said she didn't resent him. The larger part of him understood that she was forced into this marriage, just as he was, and probably wanted to marry someone she actually knew, and loved.

   "You must resent the idea of this marriage then, just like I do," Harry said, taking a sip of his wine, while she finished off her honey cake.

   "Very much so," she spoke bitterly. "I resent the fact that your family has a consummation after the wedding even more."

   "Oh...I forgot about that," Harry said with a tiny chuckle, making Reina's gleaming eyes snap towards his. "You're a virgin, yes?"

   "Pure and innocent, just for you," she said sarcastically with a bittersweet smile, making him smirk a little, finding her personality entertaining.

   "Do not worry yourself about the consummation too much," Harry told her. "The Styles family is very open when it comes to the idea of sex."

   "That's ironic seeing that a women's purity is so important to you," Reina muttered under her breath, making Harry's narrowed eyes snap to her. "You're not open to the idea that women can have sex before marriage, despite being open to the idea of sex," she explained herself further.

   "Is this what girls from the foreign lands are like? Unwilling to follow the basic rules of this realm?" Harry questioned with an arch of his brows, testing Reina as she sucked in a breath, choosing her words carefully.

   "I am not sure actually. I've only visited the lands when I was an infant and my mother was still alive. After that, my father had no desire to visit so I do not know about the rules in Khido," Reina spoke, always having a light smirk playing on her lips to tease Harry who's face was hard. He was finding her ideals odd, and assumed it was a foreigner's thing.

   "But you know how important a women's purity is to her reputation, yes?" Harry checked. "Because it seems like you do not care."

   "I just think that it is unfair how men get to have sex all they want and their virginity holds no value, compared to women whom are called whores if they lose it before settling down for marriage," Reina said simply, remembering Genevieve's warnings about avoiding rambling about her unpopular opinions to Harry.

   "Never thought of it that way," Harry muttered, averting his gaze.

    "But of course, I cannot afford to rebel against these rules just because I do not agree with them. I am a princess, and I have a duty to do for my house, which I will follow, even if it means going against my own ideals and following rules I do not agree with," Reina said quickly, watching Harry nod in response, running his tongue over his lower lip.

   "I am a virgin if you want to hear me say it loud and clear."

  Reina didn't like lying, but she really didn't have a choice. Harry exhaled with a nod in response, relieved that she was pure because that was what he would have wanted of his future wife. It was engraved into his brain by his father, that Harry's future wife must be pure before marriage. Harry simply smiled lightly at Reina, parting his lips to speak and move on from the topic of virginity.

   "It is good to hear that your duty to your house matters to you a lot," he told her sincerely, making her smile in response.

   "My family matters the most to me," she said to him. "I am sure it is the same for you."

   "Precisely," he nodded. "Which is why we are marrying without thinking of ourselves first."

   "Indeed, with the slightest bit of reluctance of course," Reina responded with a fake tight-lipped smile.

   "Can't deny that," Harry said with a shrug. "But a part of me always knew I was going to be married off to a princess of a noble house, one I barely know. I've never met the princesses of the other houses, at least not in the recent years. Most likely when I was an infant."

   "It is unfair," Reina commented with a sigh.

   "It's our duty."

   "Well it fucking sucks."

  Harry arched a brow at her, smirking in amusement, making her look at him with wide eyes, realizing she spoke crudely, then turning away. Harry stood up from his seat, grabbing his sword and securing the belt around his waist again. He then walked over to Reina, bending slightly and holding his hand out for her with a charming smile on his face. She looked at him, raising her hand up and placing it in his. She stood up, wrapping her arm around his bicep, deciding to take a walk in the garden together.

   "What are you thinking about, Princess?" Harry spoke up after a few minutes of them walking through the beautiful garden.

   "A lot things," Reina sighed lightly, looking at her feet. "Mostly that stupid consummation ceremony."

   "Is it truly...that bad?" Harry muttered in questioning, making her shoot him a tiny glare.

   "I have to lose my virginity to a man I am forced to marry in front of my whole family," Reina stated in an obvious tone.

   "I'll go slow if that's what you want," Harry couldn't help but snicker a little, making Reina stop in her tracks and pull her arm out of his grip.

   "What I want is for this ceremony to be cancelled for our wedding," she snapped boldly, making Harry's eyebrows slope downwards at the sharp tone she was using.

   "Don't be ridiculous, little dragon," Harry spoke in a condescending tone, his pink lips curled into a smirk as he spoke in a firm and authoritative voice. "The ceremony is happening, whether you like it or not."

   "The ceremony is unnecessary-"

   "I thought so too until I heard your opinions and understood your personality from this little argument we're having. I am well assured you will probably guard your cunt from me-"

   "Yes because I am sorry I am not comfortable with having sex with a man I had just met, in front of my family!" Reina exclaimed loudly, earning a few looks from people passing by.

   "Lower your fucking tone," Harry snapped at her suddenly, causing her to flare up. "You most probably will prevent me from creating an heir with you if we didn't do the ceremony."

   "Listen to me carefully, my Prince," she snarled mockingly without giving a shit about the fact that he was in a much higher position than she was. "If this marriage is going to work out, if you want me to be your good little wife and produce heirs with you then you will not wake the sleeping dragon. You will not speak to me like I am lower than you. I am warning you."

   "You are fucking miniature, what are you threatening me?" Harry laughed, finding her short temper amusing as she huffed, ready to start yapping at him again. "Listen to me darling, my house is superior to yours and since we're supposed to be on good terms, your house will do whatever my house says. Your brother and mother will do whatever to please my father and mother. Now they want a traditional Styles wedding with a consummation ceremony."

   "Your mother will force you to do it, whether you like it or not, and you will do it for the sake of your house and your need to make peace with us," Harry said, gazing deep into Reina's blazing gray eyes.

  She was still upset and infuriated by the whole thing, but he did have a point. House Rahraenos needed to get on good terms with House Styles, and that meant doing whatever House Styles asked for. If the Styles family wanted a consummation ceremony to make sure an heir will be produced, then they will have it.

   "You are lucky I won't be reporting this argument to my mother, since she asked me to report everything that happens during this lunch," Harry smirked lightly with his arms folded over his chest, making Reina frown.

   "And why is that?"

   "Well, she already dislikes you because of your origins, we don't need to give her any more reasons to increase that. You are my future wife, I don't want my entire family hating you," Harry said with his gaze averted, making her frown lighten.

   "You are feisty, little dragon," he murmured quietly under his breath, steeping forwards so that their bodies were only inches apart. "I must admit I quite like that."

   "You're the first one."

   "Of course. Men often prefer submissive women. Women who listen to their partners, please them and obey them. I must admit, that was what I wanted too. But now," he spoke lowly in his raspy voice, bringing his hand up to touch her cheek. "I think I want a challenge."

   "Are you sure you think you can handle me?" Reina arched a brow at him, seriously but he thought she was teasing him.

   "I'm Harry Styles. I can handle anything," he whispered hotly with his gaze flickering from her eyes to her lips, trying to tease her but she remained unfazed.

   "M'lady."

  Harry and Reina's eyes snapped to the right where Fredric was standing with his hand on the hilt of his sword.

   "I apologize for interrupting but I'm to inform you that your brother and the rest of your family has arrived."

   "Reyes? He's already here?" Reina questioned with a slight gasp, feeling excitement and relief fill her up because some of her people were here.

   "Yes, m'lady. They are in the throne room, meeting the King and Queen. They have requested for your presence," Fredric told her, making her nod with a grin. "Yours too, m'lord."

   "Very well," Harry nodded in response, looking at Reina and exchanging a look with her. "Shall we?"

  She ignored him, still pissed at the way he spoke to her, even though she expected it. Walking forwards, she asked Fredric to escort her to the throne room. Harry rolled his eyes, dropping his arms by his side and followed them back to the castle.

∙♖∙

   "Reyes!"

  Reina's wide, gray eyes filled up with relief as soon as she saw her brother, rushing towards him with her fingers clutching the slivery material of her dress. Careless of the nobles and royal people around her, she threw her arms around her brother, hearing him chuckle as he hugged her back. It seemed like a reunion after weeks or years but it really wasn't. She was just happy to see him and some of her people before she was married off to Harry and kept away from them for god knows how long.

   "Reina, hello," Reyes murmured with a warm smile, pulling back to look at her. "We've a lot to talk about."

   "We truly do," Reina snorted a little. "But later. How was your journey?"

   "Quite tedious, I must say," Reyes told her, while the others around them continued talking.

  Reyes looks resembled his father, rather than Reina whose features resembled their mother. Reyes had their father's curly dark hair, as opposed to their mother's straight, jet-black locks. He had Ronan's nose, lips and facial structure, strong jaw and sharp cheekbones, ready to cut diamonds. However, his freckled face, dark brown eyes and brilliant charming smile reminded Reina of her mother. He was incredibly handsome.

   "I suppose you should get some rest before we talk," Reina told him with a sigh, watching his eyes grow sympathetic.

   "I'm sorry about everything, Reina. I really am-"

   "Spare me your pity, brother," she said with a sigh and a sad smile. "We shall talk after you've settled down and had some rest. Maybe we can go riding after and talk."

   "That sounds lovely," Reyes nodded in agreement before his dark eyes drifted behind Reina.

  Reina frowned a little, turning around to find Harry entering the throne room. He spotted Reina and Reyes, sucking in a breath and hoping her brother wasn't as difficult as Reina was. He eyed Reyes as he neared him, admiring the raven black jacket he had on with silver embellishments, dragons forming by the sleeves of his jacket. The cape he had on had matching silvery dragon embellishments that glinted brightly when the sunlight through the large glass windows of the throne room shone against it.

   "Reyes Rahraenos," Harry greeted him with a big, friendly grin, holding his arms out wide as he approached the two siblings.

   "Harry Styles," Reyes smiled back politely, bowing his head respectfully at Harry, who nodded curtly at him.

   "Welcome to Siremeth. I take it your journey was safe and quick."

   "It was. Thank you for your escorts, they helped immensely," Reyes smile graciously at Harry.

   "You are most welcome," Harry told him sincerely as Reina gazed at him a little warily, wondering why he was so nice to her brother but not as much to her. He was flirty and obnoxious when they had lunch together. "Is there anything you need at this moment? I just checked that the servants have transported your belongings to your bedchambers on my way here. We have seen to it that your family is provided with the finest bedchambers in this castle."

   "I am very grateful, thank you m'lord," Reyes said appreciatively. "All I require is two horses ready for riding after an hour or two for my sister and I."

   "I will have my best horses out and ready for the both of you," Harry promised with a smile. "Now if you will excuse me, I must go have a word with my father."

  He smiled at Reyes and Reina, before walking around to them to the King who was seated upon the Golden Throne. Reyes turned to face her sister with a smile on his face, disappearing when he noticed the look on her face.

   "What?" he questioned, noticing that the look on her face was because of Harry. "He seemed courteous."

   "He called me discourteous," she rolled her eyes.

   "Why is that?"

   "I was being...bitter," she murmured lowly, making him look at her with a disapproving frown. "I might've said a few things that may have upset him."

   "Reina, we're supposed to be making them happy," Reyes scolded her lightly, making her scowl. "I mean, I don't want to do it either but we have to. For the sake of our houses."

   "I know," Reina murmured with a sigh. "It's fine now. He thinks I am simply challenging him, even though I was plain serious."

   "Whatever it is, please just hold your tongue until the wedding is over. He may wake the dragon a billion times, all you must do is shove him aside and continue sleeping," Reyes muttered metaphorically, his brown eyes gazing at me pleadingly.

  Wake the dragon, was one of the many dragon-related expressions the Rahraenos royal family used. Reina and her father were cursed with hot tempers and were often referred to as dragons. They even referred to themselves as the dragons, and often warned people not to wake the dragon, as in not to tick them off and make them lose their temper.

   "We need this alliance. I've made an agreement with the King to share the land we owe to them if you and Harry get married. We'll still be able to keep our resources."

   "I understand, brother," Reina murmured under her breath, eyes locked onto Harry who was talking to his father.

  Harry's eyes briefly met hers when his father talked back to him, pale green eyes glinting brightly as his pink lips curled into a slight smirk. She exhaled through her nose, throwing him a smile that wasn't genuine and more sardonic. She was still pissed that he made assumptions about her based on her foreign origins, and the way he talked to her, as he already owned her.

  She knew she was going to have to keep a lidon her temper if she wanted to survive this marriage, but a part of her feltthat Harry was gonna be meeting the dragon a couple of times.

♕♔♕

what did you guys think of Reina and Harry'a first interaction?

What do you think of Reina?

What do you think of Harry?

I got loads of comments saying to credit Reign and that this was like Reign 'cause of the consummation ceremony. Look I got the idea from there yes, but the ceremony was an actual thing. So even if I didn't find it there, and if I had heard it from around the internet I still would've used it.

This book is nothing like Reign because tbh I don't even know what's happening half of the time on that show.

Also if y'all haven't heard yet, the first chapter of Stargirl, by Chingyonce and went up yesterday so go check it out! It's on the account chingmcvey

Until we meet again...

thiø

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 6K 77
THE SECOND BOOK OF THE INFINITE SERIES. UNDER EDITING. warning: i wrote this book when i was twelve years old. there are grammar errors along with a...
125K 3.8K 34
Highest Rankings: #1 in Kiwi #3 in Harry Styles #5 in Harry Styles Fanfic #15 in Harry Styles Fanfiction Katie's a loner in a big city. They only thi...
449 0 40
One Direction fanfic :) Written By: Ms_Tomlinson91 MrsLexiStyles BrittanyWilson1 COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :) Thanks loves <3 Love you <...
7.9K 353 44
"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵." "𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩.. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩." "𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰...