A Course of Passion

By Darling_Dixon08

PLEASE READ BOOK 1 FIRST: A Path to Love. Detective Grey takes some time to work at the BAU when she needs to... More

1: The BAU
2: Death to I do
3: Sickness
4: Case Closed
5: An Offer
7: Making a Choice
8: Pain and Suffering
9: Deals
10: Getting Found
11: Learning More
12: Doyle's Life
13: Giving In
14: Truths
15: Spilling Beans
16: Hospital Love
17: So called healing
18: Double Whammy
19: Lonesome Worries
20: Memories
21: Talk
22: Game Night
23: Ready to go
24: Broken Teens
25: The Carisi's
26: Dinner Deets
27: Lonely Children
28: Getting to the Bottom
29: Haunting Lies
30: Gender Id
31: Down
32: Okay
33: Family First
34: Paperwork For Days
35: The Mother of all Drama
36: Reality Lies
37: Finding Ways
38: Ignorance is not Bliss
39: Surprised
40: The First Time
41: Hard Case
42: Brotherly Connections
43: Almost Time
44: A New World
45: Names
46: Empty Nest
47: Baby One
48: Baby Two
49: The Kind Hearts of Friends
50: Back to Work
51: Undercover Damage
52: A Bad Good Guy
53: Frame Up
54: Putting Things Right
55: A Tough One
56: A Different World
57: Voicemail
Authors Note! New book!

6: Ended

1.7K 36 0
By Darling_Dixon08

We get notified that same day that they've come across another victim, Rossi and I go over to the scene, "her name's Victoria Taylor. She was a senior at Cove High. An honor student and cheerleader." The Sheriff tells us as we walk into the crime scene. He shakes his head, as if he's going to be sick and turns away, "sorry, my, uh, daughter went to a football game at their school last week, "she was killed in uniform. No postmortem dressing." Rossi comments as he looks at the body on the ground.

"Different victimology. Different M.O." I return.

"We got two killers here?" Rossi questions.

I offer, "what if the unsub's showing his true colors? Paige was the surrogate, Victoria his ideal."

"One he probably spent weeks trying to find." Rossi adds on, "location also narrows down our suspect pool."

The sheriff asks what we mean, "how do you figure?"

I clarify to him, "we're 10 miles from Glenport Village. That eliminates anyone with a tracking device."

Rossi looks at me and we nod at each other, "Sheriff, round up your men. We're ready to deliver the profile."

As we head back to the station, we fill in Hotch and the others on what we found at the crime scene. Tara starts us off, "based on the age of everyone without a chip, we are searching for a man in his late 30s to early 40s."

"In addition to them, we're also looking at residents from nearby communities." Rossi adds.

"Regardless of location, this unsub is experienced, organized, and worst of all, he is patient. He has practiced extreme self-control to sublimate his desires." Derek explains to everyone.

"Frequent precursor crimes to this kind of fetishized murder include peeping and petty larceny of objects like undergarments." Spencer describes.

Derek goes on, "now, this guy's probably fantasized and obsessed over these murders for years. Now that he's gotten a taste, he's gonna want to keep killing and will take increased risks to do so."

I elaborate, "as is evidenced by another murder on the heels of the first and under the nose of police and federal investigators. This guy gets off on the thrill as much as the killing."

Spencer then explains, "125 people have had their chips removed, but remember, it's possible that the unsub is not from here." Earlier in the day, it was learned that the people of this Florida town were chipped to track their movements, to help the pastor keep track of the people in his town, to keep things smooth. Spencer goes on.

Hotch informs everyone, "our analyst is searching for suspects outside of the community. With your help we'll be interviewing those residents without trackers. Thank you."

We spend the next day interviewing the residents of Glenpoint village and the surrounding residents. There is no one we interview that stands out to us as a possible unsub, barely any of them fitting I'll the profile. Penelope was able to find someone in the surrounding area who could possibly be our unsub but after Rossi interviewed him, we're back at square one, "Rossi hit a dead end with Ira Stein, the reverend said it himself-- the reason the crime rate is so low in Glenport Village is because the people there self-police." I inform the sheriff, Tara and Spencer after watching the interview.

"So someone there had to have seen the unsub." Spencer comments, knowing what I'm getting at.

"Well, wouldn't they come forward for the good of the community?" Sheriff asks.

"The residents are like us. They watch, they profile. The thing is, they didn't realize they saw him." Spencer elaborates.

The Sheriff then asks, "well, in that case, who's the most likely resident that did?"

Tara walks forward towards our information board, "I have an idea." She eyes the photo of Randy Nelson, a suspect cleared earlier from Glenpoint Village.

As Tara interviews Randy, we get word that the Sheriff's daughter, Riley, has left the station and can't be located. Her father panics, and we know we need to find her quickly, as she fits the profile of the other victim recently killed. Finally, Tara gets a piece of information off of something Randy witnesses and she comes into the room to inform us. We call Penelope, "Garcia, search for I.T service reps who serviced homes in Glenport."

She responds instantly, already finished typing before finishing her sentence, "searching for I.T. service reps who make house calls in Glenport Village." A moment passes when she answers back "give me more."

Spencer tells her, "set your search parameters at 35 to 40 and see who's working Glenport Village."

"Those are some bang-up parameters, brain brother." She answers him, "checking, checking, and Nothing."

"Which ones overlap with Victoria's neighborhood?" I ask her over speaker phone.

A moment of silence when she answers, "second verse same as the first. Sorry."

"Maybe it's not one of those guys." The Sheriff offers back "what if Randy was wrong?"

"The details down to the color were highly specific." Spencer comments back, "I mean, it's possible our profile's wrong."

I return, "the age--aren't I.T. reps usually younger?"

Hotchner quickly calls into the phone, "Garcia, new age parameters 18 to 25."

She answers almost at the same time, "I am in your headspace." Seconds pass and she says, "and I like what I see. I have 4 gentlemen that match those parameters. There's Dave Ermini, Tyler Otte, Matt Franks, and-"

The sheriff interrupts her, "wait, hold on." He looks to Hotchner "Matt--Matt Franks?"

"What is it?" I ask, seeing the worry cross his face.

"He's my next-door neighbor. He worked on my computer last week. He's been in my house." He stammers out.

I share a glance with Spencer and then with Tara. Spencer says to Hotch, "we profiled increased risk-taking behavior."

Penelope gives us more information on our new suspect, "Matt Franks was arrested for stalking a girl in high school, a cheerleader. Charges were dropped. She left town. Two years after that, Franks was brought in for questioning regarding the murder of another teen, also a cheerleader, but detectives didn't have enough evidence on him."

"Lewis, Grey, get Morgan and go." Hotch directs to us and we move quickly.

We get to the house in minutes and Derek yells out direction, "Grey, we'll take the front. Lewis, take the deputies around the back."

The sheriff runs over to us, handing Derek something, "there's a side door. Hopefully he didn't see it. Here's the keys." He huffs out of air, clearly distressed, "there's also a combination lock. It's 22-10-13."

Just then, we hear a female scream, knowing that it's Reilly. "No!" Her father calls out of panic and fear.

Derek stops him, grabbing at him, "Sheriff, sheriff! Back up. Let us do this." He encourages him to stand back.

We get into the door and clear the main room, we follow the sound of Matt arguing with Reilly and force ourselves into view, "Matt Franks, FBI!" Derek yells out.

"Matt, we're going to talk through this, ok?" I say to him, lowering my weapon.

"Talk? Talk about what?" He spits back, a knife to Reilly's throat.

"Whatever you like." I say to him in a clam tone, my gun aimed at his head, "I'm trained to listen." I say to him, knowing then what I need to do in order to save this girls life, "so, why don't we start with your parents."

His voice rises, "my parents?" He sort of stumbles, and says again, "my parents?"

I pull my trigger then, hitting him in the throat. He screams, as does Reilly but they both fall to the ground. Reilly panics, "oh, get him off of me, please get him off of me!" Derek rushes over, helping her up, "where's my dad?" She asks.

"He's right outside." He tells her, "are you alright?" He asks her.

She assures, "yea, I'm ok."

He ushers her to an officer at the door and we slowly start to wrap up the crime scene. As Derek and I leave the house, he says to me, "I was surprised you took that shot."

"Yeah, me too." I say back, still a bit shakin' up.

"It's your first time?" He asks.

I stop there, looking back to him, "actually no, I took someone down in New York. A kid, just like this." Although I was talking to him at first, I can't help but be looking almost through him now. Thinking about the choice I have to make now.

"You all right?" He pulls me back to reality.

I shake my head, coming back, "yeah. Um just, uh, just tired."

"That's how it is." He answers me back, "you did what you had to do to save that girl." He tries to assure me.

"Yeah, I know." I respond.

"Tomorrow's a new day." He tells me.

I sigh heavily, "you are right about that."

"Do you know what you're going to do?" He asks.

I sort of chuckle, "you know too?" I shake my head looking down to my feet.

He smirks, "come on, now." I just look back to him with a shrug. We start walking again and he tells me, "no matter what you decide, you'll be great anywhere." He wraps his arm around me and walks me over to Hotchner, where I go to turn in my gun, ready to give my statements and complete my paperwork.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 384 36
If you love Criminal Minds and have wanted to be in the show this gives you a chance. You can be either Charley or Nina, so grab you BFF (who loves C...
351 2 13
You arrive in Quantico for a new job at the BAU and you meet the most handsome and smart man you've ever met. You fall in love with him and scary eve...
6.5K 359 19
"𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪" 𝘿𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙠 '𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙮' 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙞 𝙟𝙧 𝙭 𝙅𝙤...
She's Mine By Genna Denton

Mystery / Thriller

39.1K 1.1K 20
When Forensic analyst Tru Jordan is raped in her own home, Manhattan SVU assigns detective Sonny Carisi to investigate the case. Soon it becomes clea...