Cardinal County

By synnicals

[FANFICTION VERSION - ENG] I was thinking more of only protection but if you want to be mine, who am I to com... More

Cardinal County
Prologue
ARC I
01: Wang Princess
03: Judah Kohen
04: Silver Ring
05: His True Identity
06: Protection and Possession
07: Babydoll
08: Sweet and Ice-cold
09: Knowing Secrets
10: Worth to Remember
11: Protective Brother
12: Thin Line
13: Up to No Good
14: Unanswered Questions
ARC II
15: Missing in Action
16: The Evil Sister
17: Love is Stupid
18: Eventful Nights
19: Dinner Date
20: Back to Reality
21: The Ultimatum
22: Much Needed Break
23: Stranger Danger
24: Such a Small World
25: Obsessive Admirer
26: Puzzle Pieces
27: The Nameless Bird
28: Forgotten Little Boy
29: Star Swimmer
30: Secret Missions
31: Never-Ending Feud
32: Where Jealousy Leads
33: Prodigy's Return
34: Deal With The Devil
35: Meeting the Mastermind
36: A Significant Character
37: Her Saving Grace
38: I Love You
Epilogue
CREDITS (No Sequel)
Special Chapter 01
Special Chapter 02
Special Chapter 03
Special Chapter 04

02: Bloody Encounter

21.2K 1K 316
By synnicals

"Wangbi!" her brother excitedly waved, smiling widely. Lian uneasily glanced at the other side of the parking lot, seems like her brother has not seen Ysmael Min yet.

"Brother," she uttered silently and was about to walk towards him when someone's deep voice made her stop.

"Jacob Wang?"

The sea of students completely backed off as no one dared to speak. Jacob finally looked towards the other guy standing meters away from him. He was momentarily surprised but it was immediately replaced by a cold stare.

"Silas," he said with a clipped tone. Silas? She carefully strode towards Jacob as curiosity filled her mind. When she reached his side, her brother abruptly gripped her wrist, pulling her behind him as he glared at Ysmael, or is it Silas?

The latter smirked, "Wangbi..." he drawled tauntingly before slowly looking at Lian. His gaze startled her, causing the girl to take a small step back. "So she is Jacob Wang's princess," his smirk became much more sinister-if that's even possible.

Jacob went silent, his jaw clenched and his shoulders turned rigid. No one said anything for a while as the air was filled with tension, until a car door opened and Jordynn came out.

"Stop wasting time August," she said with a frown. First Silas, now August? How many pseudonyms does this person have?

It's her brother's turn to smirk, "Jordynn Kim?," he scoffed. "So the talks are damn true. Tell me Silas, what have you done to score the Prime Minister's daughter?"

Lian gasped, and she wasn't the only one who did. Whispers immediately followed and all she could do was glance at Jordynn. Is this why her identity has been a secret all this time? And why she has been avoiding any interaction with other people?

Though it looks like it doesn't faze the girl at all, her eyes remained emotionless and cold.

"Or should I say... how much did you give? Cash or check?"

Her eyes snapped towards her brother. She can't believe those rude words just came out from his mouth.

Seething anger became evident on Silas' eyes and as he was about to reach for Jacob's collar, his fiancée quickly stopped him by holding his arm. "Let's go," Jordynn said, her voice hard. She looked at Lian who has been staring at her, "we're late," she mumbled.

Somehow, Liandra knew she did it for her. She was starting to feel scared-this kind of situation was new to her. She had never seen her brother act and speak the way he just did. Is this it? Is this some kind of proof that he is indeed Cardinal? A member of the gang? Although she hated it, she admits that she knew this isn't the worst thing her brother could do. This was just a battle with words, what more if Jordynn didn't stop Silas? What would have happened then?

"You're all words Wang," Silas coldly uttered, looking directly at Jacob's eyes. After a few seconds, his gaze averted to Lian, "keep this in your mind Jacob; today, I just found out a very valuable information."

It was quiet inside the car for nearly half an hour. Jacob was focused on driving and stopping himself from speeding because his sister was sitting beside him on the passenger seat. He doesn't want to scare her more. He regretted saying those words earlier but he can't help it, just the mere sight of that fucker pisses the hell off of him.

And he saw Lian. Shit. He should have been more careful. Two years of hiding her from them have now gone to waste.

Liandra stopped fiddling with her fingers and decided to look up, "Jake? Where are we going?" This wasn't the way towards Seoul, though they're still in Byeoljari. "I thought you've already talked with Dad and you came to fetch me so we could go home together," she said, furrowing her eyebrows.

Jacob sighed, "after what happened, we both know we won't be able to just forgive each other in an instant Lian." He reached out for his sister's hand and squeezed it. "Don't worry, big brother just missed you. Let's have dinner okay? Just the two of us this time." He grinned, the familiar one she's used to.

"But Dad and Mom..."

"They've seen you last month, I haven't seen you for two months. Please Wangbi?," he pouted, effectively making her laugh.

"Fine. I missed you Jake, you never told me where you were or what's constantly making you so busy you forget about your sister. I was worried," she whispered.

The car came to a halt and before Lian could take a peek outside, he felt her brother kiss the top of her head. "I know. Big bro is sorry, okay? I'm sorry Wangbi... for making you worry and not contacting you. Just remember that the thing that matters the most for me is your safety and I'll do anything to protect you."

The night was full of laughter and amusing stories courtesy of her brother's exciting life. He talked about everything she missed for the last two months and Lian continued to attentively listen. It's not like she had stories like his. Again, her life is boring.

They were currently inside a quaint Italian restaurant, and not-so far from them was the sea. The view from the place was really beautiful. Now she knew why her brother chose to drive half an hour just for them to dine here instead of the ones in the County Proper, which is relatively near her school. It was worth it.

After almost two hours, they decided to leave. Jacob excused himself to pay the bill and at the same moment, she felt her phone vibrate inside her pocket. A message notification from Euri greeted her.

From: Eureka

Heard about what happened. Are you okay princess? Your brother took you to Seoul right?

She bit her lower lip and glanced at her brother. He had no idea she still has contact with his ex-girlfriend. She and Euri had been really close even up until this moment.

Though a year had already passed after the breakup, she still doesn't know the reason why the two broke up, yet it's evident they still love each other. She just doesn't get it. But who is she to talk? She never had a boyfriend, she never even tried dating.

To: Eureka

We're still in Byeoljari. We had dinner, seems like him and dad are still not in good terms.

From: Eureka

So you're gonna stay in town for the weekend?

To: Eureka

Think so. Why? Do you need my help with anything?

Another reason they stayed connected was because they work in the same building-Lian in the publication house and Euri in the ballet studio beside it. Obviously, the girl also lives in Cardinal County but she's studying at the Academy. Sometimes, it makes her think that that could possibly the reason his brother broke up with her.

From: Eureka

Uhm that depends if you're free... are you two done with dinner?

Before she could reply, her brother came back. She hurriedly locked her phone before standing up.

"Ready to go?," Jacob asked.

"Yep," she smiled before following him out. Once they're inside the car, she took her phone out again.

To: Eureka

He's driving me back to my apartment now.

From: Eureka

Liannnn :( can I ask a favor please?

To: Eureka

Of course! I'm starting to worry, did something happen?

From: Eureka

I'm on a blind date right now which was set up by my mother. I can't escape this time. Ugh, this guy kept on talking about how great and rich he is, I'm sick of it! Please rescue me Lian...

To: Eureka

Okay, I'm on my way. Just bear with it a little longer.

From: Eureka

OMG thank you Lian! I owe you this, okay? But please don't tell your brother :< I don't want him to think I'm trying too hard to date someone. Gosh, this is such a disaster! BTW I'm in the County Proper, remember the newly-opened café across the mall?

To: Eureka

Yup. Don't worry Euri, you can count on me :)

She turned to her brother and hesitated for a few seconds. She's not good at lying but for her friend, she'll try. "Uhm... Jake?"

"Hm?"

"Could you drop me off in front of the shopping mall instead? I forgot to buy something I need for school. I'll just ride the bus home."

"I can wait for you," he offered.

"No need, I know you have things to do. I'll be fine," she insisted.

Jacob went silent for a moment, "are you meeting someone?," he asked with a frown.

Lian's eyes widened. Am I that easy to read? Do I really suck at lying this much?

"I'm meeting Rylie," she lied again, biting her lip.

Her brother thought about it for a few seconds before nodding, "alright."

"Thank you," she smiled in relief.

They arrived in front of the mall in no time. Jacob kissed the top of her head for the last time as she bid him goodbye. "If you see Silas-ah no, Ysmael Min again or any of his friends, call me right away okay?"

She nodded as she got out of the car and watched it disappear from her sight. Then her brows furrowed, how would she know who Ysmael Min's friends are? She doesn't even know what they look like.

She just shrugged dismissively, looking at the café across the road. She walked towards the end of the pedestrian lane and waited for the crossing light to turn green. When it finally did, she started striding forward quickly, passing other people.

Lian entered the café looking around for Eureka. She saw her in no time, slumped on her seat, while a guy keeps on talking in front of her exasperated figure.*

"Euri! There you are!," she exclaimed, starting her act. "We really need to go, there's an emergency!" Oh, how she wished she at least sounded convincing.

Eureka immediately stood up, "Lian! What happened?"

Oh no. What is she gonna say?

"Brother! Uhm.. he's hurt!" Way to go Lian.

The older girl gasped-quite exaggeratedly, "really? Let's go then!"

Euri was about to pull her when the guy suddenly spoke up;

"I thought you're an only child?," he asked.

"Well..." she drawled, "I meant my brother! They're kind of close so let's go Euri!"

They ran out of the café and just stopped when they were a few blocks away; near the bus stop. They both burst into fits of laughter before Euri hugged her. "Oh Li, thank you so much! I don't know what I'll do if you didn't show up!"

Lian hugged her back, "no problem." She released her and took a step back, smiling. "Just get back with my brother will you? So you wouldn't experience these things!"

Euri groaned, "hey! I'm not that desperate. If he wants me back then he should be the one to chase me."

She shook her head, turning to the bus coming their way, "that's your stop."

"Oh no, I'll wait until you get inside one."

"No can do. That could be the last going your destination, just go Euri. I'll be fine, I have companions here," she pointed at a few of people waiting like them.

"You sure?," the older girl still insisted but she just nodded in response. "Okay, I'll go. Just be careful alright? Call me once you reached home."

"Alright, I will."

The bus halted as Euri hugged her again, "thank you so much, Wangbi."

"Anytime."

They bid each other farewells and for the second time today, she watched another vehicle disappear from her sight. She decided to take a seat on the waiting shed near the stop and stare at nothing.

If she calculated the time correctly, Rylie must have arrived in Hong Kong already. Why haven't she called though? Ah, she's certain she will later, once she heard about what happened earlier in school. She can almost imagine her complaining about not being there to witness the scene.

Who would've thought that Jordynn Kim is actually the Prime Minister's daughter? Whoa. She had never encountered someone who's on that level of the political hierarchy. Heirs and heiresses of various companies yes-well she's one after all-but Jordynn is different. She somehow anticipates what's gonna happen on Monday.

When did everything get so exciting though? She guessed Jordynn just had that effect on people... and places.

She stood up when she saw a pair of headlights coming and absentmindedly looked around.

That's when she saw it.

Because of the nearing lights illuminating the open space better than what the dim lamp post was capable of, she saw something-someone, who she had never noticed before.

A figure was sitting on the dirty pavement of an alley between the convenience store and a closed vintage souvenir shop, a few meters away from her. He was hiding in the shadows, clutching the side of his abdomen. She didn't hear it at first but when she solely focused on him, she started hearing faint grunts.

He's in pain.

He's a stranger Lian! What are you doing? The bus is here, just get inside the bus!

"Hey Miss! Are you coming in?," the driver asked impatiently. She looked at the open door of the bus then back towards the figure.

She knew she's going to regret her decision sooner or later.

"I'm sorry I'm not, go ahead. Thank you." The bus' door closed and it was probably the last one with how late it is now. Add the fact that she's the only one left in the bus stop.

Idiot. You're an idiot Liandra. She kept on reprimanding herself as she walked towards the dark alley. The first thing that greeted her was the golden patch on the left part of the guy's familiar uniform.

Byeoljari Elite Performing Arts and Sports Academy, it said.

Next was the name plate pinned below it;

Judah Kohen Jeon.

Last was when she lowered her eyes more towards the guy's stomach, his hands clutching it. She audibly gasped.

Blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 166K 52
"I want a kiss," "Hell no," And that's how their relationship sparks. - What happens when you reach home to find out that you're going to be married...
221K 7.3K 20
{contains cringe and 🔞} This was one of my first fanfictions so- yee sorry if it's bad, fortunately people still seem to like it. >> a girl who has...
9.6K 391 16
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! CONTAINS: #MPREG #B×B #JIKOOK #BOY VIRGINAL #ABUSE #BOY PERIOD #BOTTOMJIMIN #TOPJUNGKOOK #NO SMUT #COMPLETED PLEASE READ AT...
45.5K 1.3K 27
There is a boy who is anti-romantic (by force) married to a girl.... What is the future of this relation?... Will they get divorced in future or they...