Mushaboom • Daryl Dixon

由 amwelles

Macon, Georgia 1989. Even when Daryl Dixon had close to nothing but his drunk, abusive father and an absent o... 更多

Part 1
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
UPDATE
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Update
42
Part 2
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
UPDATE
15
16
17
18
19
20

10

6.6K 225 8
由 amwelles

Daryl

I woke up to the sound of someone crying. A heavy pain filled my chest as I breathed. I rubbed my eyes open only to find my dad at the end of my room. He was slumped against the wall by my door. His head hung down and his body was limp. His shoulders shook and he cried. It was uncomfortable and I had no clue what to do. He kept crying, and for a couple minutes I just watched him. He had to have been drunk still.

I shifted in bed, adjusting to the soreness and pain on my torso. He heard me and looked up at me, he sat there and still he cried but it was silent now. My eyes grew weary, it hurt. He looked back down and shook, silently sobbing. I dragged myself to the edge of the bed and did my best to get up. I gasped and clutched onto my dresser in the side of my bed. I used the wall to guide me to where my dad was. I slumped down next to him and looked to him.

His face looked younger, which was odd. He looked so tired and broken; his eyes were lost. I reached for him but hesitated, I couldn't help him, I was never able to. I looked across the room and saw the picture of Ma on my dresser.

I looked back down for a beat and then back to my dad. I wrapped my arm around him; he leaned into me and continued to cry. We sat there for a while and neither of us said anythin. I held him for as long as he needed me to. And when he gained control of his breaths, he sat up, pulling away from me.

He looked over to me and his eyes examined my face. He looked so damn sad. He shifted uncomfortably and started to stand up. I watched him closely, I couldn't ever tell what his next move was. He struggled, but once he was on his feet, his posture changed and there he was. Whatever that was moments ago was gone and he was "himself" again. He glanced over to me, took in a sharp breath and left my room without a word.

I looked back to the picture of my mom and sighed. I began to bite my nails, thinking.

Everything was so damn confusing.

After a couple minutes of just sitting there. I decided I was gonna make myself breakfast. I managed to get myself up and used the wall to guide me down the hall and into the bathroom. I switched on the light, and looked into the mirror. Shit.

There was dried-up blood smeared across my check and all around my nose. The bridge of my nose and under the corners of both eyes were purple. Rachel was gonna lose her shit, but her family.. They'd think I got into another fight, they'll be pissed. I started the shower and got in. I didn't want to have to lie or explain myself. I was tired.

I got ready pretty quick, despite the constant aching every time I moved my body, and I made breakfast.. Enough for two.

I made my way down the hall and to his door. I listened for a sec, not knowing if he was awake. I cracked the door open and he was sitting at the edge of his bed.

"Hey.. dad." He lifted his head and turned it slightly but didn't meet my eyes. "I made breakfast."

He nodded, and I closed the door. I set up the table, and waited for him. After waiting for a few minutes I began to eat without him. I was about half way done when he finally came down the hall and sat across from me.

He began to eat, it was silent and stayed that way until he was done. I had already gotten up and started on the dishes.

"Boy, why don't you come and sit? Just leave em" he motioned to the dishes. I glared at him and he stared right back. "Don't look at me like that.. just come and sit."

I sat down next to him and he sighed. As he did, he took off his watch he always wore. "When I was about yer age, my Pa gave me this watch." He paused, looking down at the old thing and shook his head. "He went on, saying shit about bein' a man now. Well Daryl, you're a man now. But this watch here.. this ain't for you. My Pa wasn't a good man, and I know I ain't either. Butchu- you got heart. Like your Ma.. You see, this watch here is a reminder of who I am, where I came from. And this watch," he pulled out a pocket watch, "This is for you.."

He handed me the watch and I took it. "Yer Ma gave that to me a year before Merle was born.." I head snapped up, I couldn't believe he was giving me something from my mom.

"I-I never really used it, but always kept it in my truck. But uh- anyways, I think she'd want you to have it.." his voice turned into a hushed cold whisper,"You're a lot like her.. your mom." He fidgeted with his watch, looking uncomfortable.

I was caught off guard by his gesture but I appreciated it. "Thanks.."

"Uh- well.. I imagine you have plans today?" He asked oddly. I nodded and he looked down, nodding in return. "With Rachel?"

I nodded again, "Mhm, and her family.."

"She's a good kid.. So uh. She your girl then?" He nodded to himself and scratched the back of his head.

I shook my head and shrugged.

"Well she's your girl or she's not.. so which is it?"

I became frustrated and a bit embarrassed, I just shook my head again, "I don't know."

He smirked and let up, "Alright.. well ya should go and get yer day started.."

I frowned, "Mkay."

He got up and put his dish in the sink. He started to walk towards the hall but he stopped and shifted his head. Not turning to face me he asked, "You hear anythin' from Merle?" He waited there for an answer.

I glared in his direction, we hadn't heard anything from his for months. He left us, he was gone and he didn't care. "Nah." He nodded and walked to his room, shutting the door behind him.

My thumb traced the watch; I couldn't believe I had something from my mom. Everything either burned with her or my dad gambled away. I tucked it away in my pocket and cleaned up a bit in the kitchen. I did what I could, but my body still hurt like hell. I had to tell Rachel. It probably wouldn't be good to go today, I didn't want to deal with it.

I wobbled to the couch and picked up the phone. I dialed and after a few moments, her mom picked up on the other end. "Hey Monica.."

"Hey Daryl, Happy Birthday!" I laughed and thanked her. "Hey can I talk to Rachel?"

"Sure, is everything alright?" I paused for a sec, probably gave something away. "Ya, just wanted to double check on the plans for today.." I began to chew on my lip? The idea of them seeing me like this again.. they wouldn't understand, and I didn't want to let them down.

"Sure I'll get her right now."

I heard Monica calling for Rachel and she quickly got on the line. "Hey! I was gonna call in a bit. When did ya want me to get you?"

"I uh- I don't think today's good." My voice grew quiet and I waited for her reaction.

"What happened?" Her voice was sharp but quiet. I shifted and hesitated. She was gonna be angry that he did this.

"I- I don't look good Rach.." The silence on the line killed me.

"How bad is it?" I hated doing this to her. I fucking hated it.

"I can barely get around.. There's a pretty bad bruise. Your parents... I just- I shouldn't go."

"Daryl, you're coming over.. I'll cover for you, I'll be there in 30, okay?"

I sighed, "Alright.."

"Okay, see you in a bit."

"Kay. See ya"

Rachel

When Daryl opened the door he grasped the door frame to keep him up. Instantly, I was at his side to help him. His eyes were bruised. I couldn't imagine how the bruising looked underneath his shirt. I wanted to do something, say something to Will. But I couldn't, I couldn't help Daryl in that way. I helped him into the car and he kept quiet.

When I got in we sat there for a while. He kept picking at his hand, his head stayed down.

"Daryl-"

"Rachel it's fine."

"No! It's not! It's not oka-"

"I said it's fine dammit! Fuck man! It's okay Rachel! No one can hurt me remember?" He was being condescending with what he said last. He was pushing me now. "Jus' lets go! What'd you even tell your parents anyway?"

I glared at him, I was trying to stay calm, I didn't want to fight. I pursed my lips, trying to show him I was upset. "I told them you were jumped last night, that you went to the store after I dropped you off. You can give the rest if the details yourself." He snorted, "Can't wait." I rolled my eyes and shifted the car into drive. We were off.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm writing Daryl's dad (Will) with Michael Shannon in mind. Been swamped with school, I'm trying to get as much out as I can. Thanks for reading!!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

451K 13.1K 31
"I can hardly remember a time in my life where the Dixon's weren't a part of it" Savannah and Daryl have been in each other's lives for as long as t...
458K 11.6K 74
"It's you and me Daryl, like it always has been." I say, looking into his dark blue eyes. "The way it always will be." He states. I nod my head, a sm...
17.5K 443 21
Carmen lived her life very differently than most kids. Growing up in foster care, she switched families very often, never finding stability. She was...
42.2K 1.3K 13
You've been surviving in the woods for weeks - alone. But when you're saved by Daryl Dixon, and he takes you to his group, will life as it is change...