Just One Day | Min Yoongi

By infxresman

❝Let me make it up to you so I can show you how sorry I am.❞ ❝It's too late for that.❞ ❝Just one day.❞ He sof... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXIV.I
XXVI
XXVI.I
XXVII
XXVIII

XXIX

6.5K 262 265
By infxresman

- finale;

(disclaimer: it's important to play the music i put in the multimedia later when i tell you to! it's just going to help set the mood and make the experience of reading it so much better! well this is it, without further ado, the last chapter.)

The wedding was marvellous.

It was my first time attending a wedding, so I didn't know what type of joy it can bring to people. It was a ceremony full of love, my one and only best friend finally sharing her heart and soul with someone she trusts with her life.

She's a married woman now.

"Unnie, where is-" Mina whispered as soon as the ceremony has ended.

"Shhh." I answered right away, nervous and embarrassed at the same time. I looked around the whole place, and he is nowhere to be seen.

Where the hell is he?

After I talked to him last night, after I poured my heart out to him, after I told him how much he meant to me and how i'm willing to spend my life with him... he's going to stood me up like this?

Is this him giving up on me? The ceremony's already over and he still isn't here. Was all my efforts, me finally being able to choose without hesitation, all for nothing? Did I make the wrong decision?

No, I shake my head from the thought. Even if he decides not to show up anymore, I don't care. All that matters is that I told him how much I love him, and how i'm going to continue doing so. That's what's important, right?

I made a choice and I chose him.

I have no regrets.

"Is he not going to show up?" Mina asks again, making me feel more embarrassed.

"What about Taehyung-ah? Did he not show up?" I retorted, trying to divert the topic and attention from me.

"He might." She smiles maturely and looks ahead of her. "I let him go, unnie. I decided that he's not really for me."

I felt a little guilty, making me look at her. Damn it, Eunji. Why did you have to bring up a sensitive topic for her? "I'm sorry, what happened?"

"He loves me back, but not in a way that I love him." She says in a low voice followed by a forced laugh. It sounded so forced that I can hear her pain resonating. "We're friends, now. I'm lucky to be a friend of Kim Taehyung."

"Aww, Mina." I say, pulling her into a hug.

She hugs me back for a second as I felt her hand quickly wiping her cheeks. She then stands up to follow all of the people, finally chatting and paying their respects to the newly-weds.

Everyone was captivated into each of their own conversations that I felt like I don't belong. Where is he? Is he running late? Well, no. The wedding's over.

There's a lot of people in here and him coming here would mean that he's ready, completely ready for what's next to come.

But he's not here.

He's not going to come, Eunji.

Just accept it.

When Yuri was finally alone, I walked to her and gave her a big hug. Jokingly threatening her new husband to take care of her or else I am going to kick his butt. Her parents soon joined us, and we were reminiscing childhood memories of her that we were just laughing like a huge family.

"Oh! Uncle, auntie!" Yuri gasps excitedly and walks past me as she holds her dress, hurriedly hugging the people behind me. As I whirled around to see who it was, I was surprised more than ever.

It was my mom and my dad.

"Mom! Dad!" I exclaimed, hugging them with Yuri. I pulled back instantly, delighted by their presence. "What are you doing here?"

"Attending your best friend's wedding of course!" My dad laughs while soon finding his way to talk to Yuri's parents. "And besides..."

"Yeobo..." My mom warns him, then pulling me into a warm hug again. "Oh, honey."

"What's going on?" I pulled away, confused. Soon, Mina joined me while everyone else went back to their seats. I stared at all of them, having a wide smile on their faces. They were all looking at me, while we stood in the middle of the room. "Can... someone explain what's going on?"

My mom nodded assuringly, then walked away to take their seats, followed by my dad. Soon, Yuri's parents followed them, then Mina. Until it was only me, Yuri and her husband.

"Let's go, yeobo." Yuri says, clinging his arm and walking away from me.

"Yah! Don't leave m-" I say while I pull on her arm but she quickly shakes away from me with an excited giggle.

I started to follow them to their seats but was stopped by Yuri. "Stay there, Eunji. Please."

Is this some sort of a joke? Why are they making me stand here? Alone?

Oh, I know! Is this where i'm supposed to give a message to them? To tell them how much I appreciate what they've done to me all these years? Or how I wish them the best?

Before I open my mouth to say something, a person suddenly appears from the door, just standing there, staring back at me.

He's here.

He made it.

He's really here.

The man I truly love, the man I chose, is actually here in front of me.

(Play the music now!)

He walks towards me, the aisle feeling like it was a kilometre long that it's taking him forever to get to me. My eyes are starting to swell, my ears feeling warm, my cheeks feeling flushed. He's here, he's really here.

I look at Yuri and my family, all them giving me an assuring nod with pleasant smiles. I divert my eyes back to him, to this man, three feet away from me now.

"Eunji," he spoke silently. "I'm really happy to be here with you right now, that i'm the one you chose."

I hugged him without my mind realizing it, but I pulled back right away as soon as I realized that we were in front of possibly a hundred people.

"You didn't have to show up like this, though, you idiot." I snickered at him, followed by a smile full of awe. I take his arm and start to pull him back to my seat, but he didn't budge a bit. Instead, he pulls me back to where I was standing and took a deep breath.

"Actually, I had to." He says with a small smile. "Please stay there."

"W-where are you going?" I asked him.

"I'm just going to tie my shoe for a second, please be patient." He says as he bends his one knee down, and I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at him.

"Hurry up." I murmured while I embarrassingly look at Yuri and her guests. I can't look at him anymore, this is too much. Why is he acting this way?! Why is he taking so long?!

"Yah! Hurry u-" I say again but I had to stop when I decided to glance down at him. All the hairs in my body suddenly stood up, my skin feeling warm and hot, my insides feeling like they are about to melt, my knees feeling like they're about to fall anytime soon.

Because there he was, kneeling on one knee, looking up at me with nothing but awe in his eyes, holding a glistening ring.

"We've been through so much, Eunji." He started to say as I feel the tears rushing into my tear ducts, "And I don't know how i'll be able to continue if you're not with me. Not anymore."

I looked at the door for some reason and see men that I knew well, the men called his friends, all lined up as they give me a smile. But what surprised me more was his family members, standing along side of his friends, looking back at me.

"Yah..." is all I could say softly, looking back down at his eyes that long for my answer. People from the whole started to awe together, making me smile while my eyes can't hold back the tears anymore.

"Marry me and be with me forever, Lee Eunji."

I covered my mouth as more tears spring out of my eyes, and I can't help but pull him back up to embrace him. He hugs me back tightly but pulls away, still waiting for my answer.

"Of course i'll marry you, stupid." I say, laughing and crying at the same time.

Cheers and clapping surrounded the whole room while he takes my hand and slides in a ring in my ring finger gently. Our eyes suddenly meet again, but this time both of our eyes are both swelling, our lips both smiling, our hearts happily singing.

"I love you." We say at the same time, and was soon followed by a kiss that send the loudest cheer from people I have ever heard in my life. It was a kiss that I would never forget, a kiss that meant more than anything to me.

It was a kiss that meant we loved each other, that we needed each other.

Together.

Forever.

We soon pull back and hug each other, while Yuri decided to join us, followed by her new husband. Everything was like a fairytale, finally reaching the last chapter, where a happy ending is waiting. This is what I was waiting for. To be nothing but genuinely happy with the person I loved the most, with nothing but happiness in both of our hearts.

And I finally have it now.

This is it.

My life hasn't been the best. I was under pressure by both of my parents, to be the best daughter they'd ever have. I fell in love for the first time, but ended up getting hurt badly. I fell in love again, but everything suddenly came in shambles. I kept on getting hurt, while I kept on hurting other people. It was not the best life I hoped for, but this is a start.

Because i'm finally going to be with him, without any problems, without any regrets. Everything will work out great in the end as long as you don't give up, and know what you truly want and love.

I look back at the ring again, now sitting perfectly on my finger. I smiled at it, knowing that he planned everything all along ever since.

For it was a diamond ring with fully bloomed rose on top of it.

"Thanks for keeping your fourth finger empty for me."

* f i n *

Hellooo~

So that's where the bittersweet story of Eunji and Yoongi ends! I once again want to thank everyone that supported this book ever since from the beginning. I hope you had fun reading this!

-J

Farewell, everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 20 20
"you are the worst decision I made in my life😡" girl said "and you are best decision I made so far😊" boy said . . . "welcome to hell😏" girl said "...
10.9K 708 4
When you encounter your past love and the crossed path force you to reveal not only all of the unsaid things but also the secret you have been hiding...
4.4K 393 32
What if your past self suddenly appears out of nowhere, time travelling? past life? A story where two same people with different lives and different...
10.9K 521 35
Memories from high school suddenly flash my mind. Realization hit me as I see some images on my retina. I can see the way he's staring at me, while t...