The Naive Secretary And The H...

By electric_forest

Twenty-three year old Anastasia "Stacey" Marks starts working as a secretary at Havens Enterprise. She falls... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Announcement

Chapter 20

14.3K 384 36
By electric_forest

{Song in video: Ariana Grande - Into You}

When I got to work, I saw Vince, and I went up to him. "Hey," I said with a smile.

"Hey," Vince said, smiling back. He glanced around, lowering his voice. "Hey, I'm going to have a meeting later on today."

"Okay." I laughed.

"I'm going to have a meeting about us dating, and about the change of rules for dating co-workers."

"That should be good." I nodded. "I wonder how they'll react."

"Me too." He chuckled, giving me a smile. "You look beautiful, by the way."

"Awww, thanks. You look handsome yourself." I grinned.

All of a sudden, Sanjay came over to us. "Excuse me, Mr. Havens, here are the folders you wanted," he said to him, handing him the folders.

"Thank you, Sanjay," Vince said, nodding his head and taking the folder.

Sanjay nodded back, and went over to his desk.

"Hey, I'm going to go to my office now. I'll see you later though," Vince said, smiling.

"Okay, and I'm going over to my desk to start work," I said, smiling back.

He went into his office, and I went over to my desk.

"Hey, Dante," I greeted him, grinning as I sat down.

"Hey, Stacey," Dante greeted back.

"So how was your weekend?"

"It was good. Leslie and I took the kids out downtown, so we had fun. How was yours?"

"Mine was great. I went on a date." I grinned.

"Oh, good for you, Stace, and I'm not saying that sarcastically." He chuckled.

"I know." I laughed. "And thanks."

Dante looked at his computer screen. "Oh, it looks like we have a meeting in a few hours."

I looked into my email that was sent by Vince saying that we have a meeting before lunch. "Yeah, there is."

We started on our work, and then after a few hours, Vince came out over to us, and said, "There will be a meeting in the usual room in ten minutes."

Everyone nodded, and he went to others to tell them the same thing.

Ten minutes later, all of us went into the meeting room. I fidgeted with my purse as we sat down waiting for everyone to sit down.

"Okay," Vince began. "The reason why we're having this meeting today is because I have something important to tell you, and it will require some slight changes in rules."

Some people started whispering to each other.

"I will like to announce that Stacey Marks and I are officially dating."

Everyone went silent for a few seconds, whispering and glancing back and forth between us. I awkwardly smiled, and gave them a slight wave. I wasn't the one who usually felt that awkward, but in that moment, I did.

"Oh my gosh, you two are dating?" Harper said, looking shocked.

"Yes," Vince said, nodding.

Harper looked at me. "Yeah, we are," I said, confirming with a nod.

"Wow," Harper said, her eyes widening.

"I know I've said in the past that I frown upon workers dating each other, but now that rule has changed. It wouldn't be fair if I did something that contradicted my own rules, and I never thought this would happen, but it has. I'm here to change that rule. Now, I will still be treating Stacey equally as everyone else at work," Vince said to everyone.

"Wow," I heard Dante say behind me. I looked behind me, and saw that he had a surprised expression on his face.

"Well, that's what I basically wanted this meeting to be about. I know this was very short, and isn't that specific to work, but it is still in the workplace," Vince said. He paused, looking at the time. "Well, everyone can get back to work. You all are doing a great job."

Everyone exited out of the door, and I went up to Vince, grinning. "Wow, I still can't believe you told everybody about us," I said.

"I keep my word," Vince said, giving me a smile. "Were you surprised I told everyone?"

"Kind of yeah, and kind of no. I'm not sure if that makes any sense." I laughed.

"I think I get it." He chuckled, and then checked the time again. "Hey, I'll see you at lunch break." He smiled, and kissed me.

"See you later," I said, grinning after we kissed.

We walked out of the meeting room, and he went to his office while I went to my desk.

A few hours passed, and then I went on lunch break, along with some others, including Vince.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're dating Mr. Havens!" Harper exclaimed in a lower voice, grinning. "He's really cute."

This time, she wasn't talking too fast, and I could actually understand what she said without asking her to repeat it.

"Sometimes I can't believe it either," I said, laughing. "And yes, he is cute."

"I actually sort of liked him, but I knew that wouldn't happen between me and him. You're really lucky."

"Aw, well thanks. I didn't expect that to happen between and him. You'll find someone though."

"Yeah, I suppose." She sighed. "Well, I'm going to go eat my lunch. I'll leave you and Mr. Havens be." She smiled.

"Oh okay." I smiled back.

I noticed Dante, and he came up to me. "You and Mr. Havens are dating?" He asked, still looking surprised.

"Yeah," I said, smiling and nodding.

"Wow...well that's good. I'm just kind of surprised."

"I think most people are." I laughed. "I went on a date with him on Saturday."

"I figured after he announced about you two dating, and the rules changes." His phone rang, and he walked outside of the room to pick up the call.

"Hey, Stacey," Vince said, walking toward me.

"Hey, Vince," I said back, grinning.

"So that was an interesting meeting earlier." He chuckled.

"Yeah, everyone was surprised." I laughed.

"I can't really blame them though."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because of how harsh I was treating you when you first started working here."

"Right." I laughed again. "I'm surprised you still kept me though."

"Well, I knew you did have some potential, and I was right."

"That's good. I do try my best." I laughed.

We got our food out, and started eating and drinking.

After we were done, Vince said, "Hey, if you want to, this upcoming weekend, we can go to an art museum. It's the one downtown in the city."

"Yeah, that sounds good," I said, grinning.

"Great." He smiled.

After we finished our food, we went back to work.

After work, as I was gathering my things, Vince came up to me, and gave me a kiss. After we pulled away, he said, "I won't be able to do anything until this weekend. I'm going to be extremely busy."

"It's okay. I understand that since you're a CEO after all," I said.

"Oh okay, good." He nodded. "Well, I'll see you later." He gave me another kiss, and then walked back to his office.

I got my purse, walked into the elevator, and walked out of the building.

I decided to head over to Chelsea's apartment. Even though it hasn't even been a week since I've seen her last, it still felt like forever.

I rang the doorbell, and I stood there for about a minute, still waiting for Chelsea to open the door. I knocked on the door, and then when the door still didn't open, I started to walk away since Chelsea could possibly be somewhere else.

As I was walking away, I heard a door open. I turned around, and noticed Chelsea standing there crying.

"What's wrong, Chels?" I asked, quickly walking toward her.

"I-I lost my job about a week ago, and I have to pay rent within three days, or I'll be evicted," Chelsea said, crying and wiping her tears.

"Really? Have you tried talking to the landlord about it?"

"Yeah, but I've been paying late the past few months, and this is my final warning."

"Oh." My face fell. "How did you lose your job anyways?"

"They let me and some other people go. There's a new manager there, and I guess she didn't want us there."

"I'm so sorry. That's terrible." I gave her a sympathetic look. "It'll be okay though." I gave her a hug, and then a smile lit up on my face.

"What?" She looked confused.

"I just got a great idea. How about you room with me temporarily until you can find a job and another place?"

"Are you sure?" She sniffled.

"Yes." I nodded, grinning.

"Well...I'll have to start get packing then." She stopped crying, and blew her nose. "How was your date with Vince?"

"I'll help you pack." I handed her a few more tissues. "My date with Vince was great. We had a picnic, walked around downtown, and talked about different things. We're getting to know each other more."

"That's good. Was it fun?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I'm so happy for you guys." She smiled.

"Thanks." I grinned.

"You're welcome."

I glanced at her apartment. "Well, we should start packing your stuff."

"Yeah." She nodded.

We went inside, and packed some of her things.

**********

A/N: Vince has a meeting at work, and tells everyone about him and Stacey dating. He also changes some rules, regarding co-workers dating. Later, Stacey goes to Chelsea's apartment, and Chelsea tells her she lost her job, and that she'll be evicted in a few days if she doesn't pay the rent. Stacey suggests Chelsea to move in with her temporarily until she finds another job and will be able to look for another place.

Also, The Naive Secretary And The Harsh Boss has over 50,000 reads, about a little over 52,000. I'm thankful for everyone who has read this so far :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
2.5M 93.4K 49
Sequel to 'I Sold My Virginity' Hi! If you're new. This is my second book. I suggest reading 'I Sold My Virginity' first. Please do so you are not lo...
236K 3.8K 47
I knew it was a game. Damn but a good game it was for as long as it lasted. "Let me go." I whisper. He stares at me. His face turning so cold. "Fin...
270K 9.7K 40
'๐’‰๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’„๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’Š๐’๐’”๐’Š๐’…๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–.' |18+| โLook at you so open and sexy bent over...