The Side Wife

By kater1n

Maybe at the beginning, there was nothing, but so much happened in the span of five years. Feeling were devel... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen

Eight

14.2K 479 75
By kater1n

Silence loomed among the dining table. Neither Ines nor Alessio made a gesture to speak. One was regretting their actions for the previous night, while the other was being eaten alive by the wanting of knowing, knowing the late night actions of his dear wife. Yet as he thought about it more did he really want to know. This brought him to think about how he would stay out late countless nights. Had Ines felt how he was feeling at that moment? Lost by the oblivion that took a hold of his thoughts.

Alessio looked up from his coffee to find Ines who had already been staring at him. This was his only chance. To ask. And so he jumped the bridge.

"You didn't come home last night," he stated in him most serene tone that he was able to muster.

There was a pregnant pause before she finally responded with, "I did but you weren't awake."

Alessio's grip on the fork he was holding grew, but he let out ragged breathes to control his frustration.

"I waited for you until two in the morning, but you never showed up. I lost precious hours of sleeping worrying about your well being."

Ines felt a lump form at the bottom of her stomach. He had waited for her and she never showed up. He finally understood how it felt for her waiting for him to come, only to go to bed with the thought that he was in another woman's arms. She knew all her restless nights were caused by the pain of that knowing. She had felt foolish for waiting for a man that would never truly be hers, and that was the reason she had slept with that man last night. She was done waiting for something that would never happen. An unrealistic dream in a cruel world. She wanted something more, something in which he would just never be able to provide for her.

"You should have slept instead of keeping yourself up for me then."

"Where were you?"

"I don't have to tell you."

"Where were you?" His voice inclined a pitch higher. His knuckles had turned red from the clench he had made on his fist. Ines could tell he was getting angrier by the minute, but she didn't care.

"I was out."

"Where and with who?"

"I went to get a drink with Stella and then something made my stay longer then intended."

"And may I ask what this something was?" His tone could crack thick ice.

"No, it is none of your business." Ines slowly continued to eat her breakfast as the man in front of her began to go mad.

Alessio slammed his fist on the wooden table making the China rattle.

"I don't understand why you care so much, you never did before."

"I was worried. You could have been in danger for all I know. Next time at least send a message that you won't be coming home." He abruptly stood up and called for a maid. "Ho finito. Pulisci questo."

The maid soon started gathering up his plates. He looked at Ines one last time before leaving the dining room. He was angry at the things he thought of her doing last night. It was no doubt she had gone and slept with someone, but why was he so mad, he couldn't blame her for going out and looking for that. She had needs just like him, but he could give her those needs. She didn't have to go out and look for someone who could give them to her when he was there.

That made an idea click in his mind. He could just offer that proposal to her. Then things would be settled. She would get what she wanted and he wouldn't have to feel jealous about another man pleasuring her.

...

Ines looked at the setting sun and closed her eyes as the April winds blew against her face. She opened them once again and laid her head on her crossed arms that where laying on the balcony's railing. Her birthday was expected in a week, she had almost forgotten about it. Twenty-six, she was going to turn twenty-six. Time had sped up in the last couple of years and she wondered how it came to be as it was. Five years being married to Alessio had gone by in the blink of an eye. Five years without sleeping with anyone had also gone by fast, but that long wait had ended last night. She had finally slept with someone since the last time which was before her life changed, before ever meeting Alessio.

She wasn't always locked up in a house with nothing to do. She used to be wild and fun just like her sister. Countless nights of her university experience had gone by with partying, drinking, and sleeping around. She was a trouble maker no doubt and a part of her knew that that led her parents to marry her off, that and of course the company tying that would happen in the process. Her parents never saw her settling down with the right guy and so they took it upon them to do that for her.

After marrying Alessio she gave up on her wild ways and bubbly self. She had been put with a brooding and boring man that was five years older, no spirit for fun.

When they had first been married she had been talkative and friendly, wanting to know more about the man whom she was married too, but she would always get shut off and ignored. As the years passed she lost most of her friends because she could never go out, most of her time was spent at business functions and events, nothing exhilarating. Her old self had been washed out with the plainness that her life had taken.

Now she wondered how life would have been different if she had never married Alessio. He didn't know it but he had changed her drastically, but now slowly she wanted to go back to her worry free life. Last night felt amazing and she finally felt in control of what she wanted and did. The last time she had felt like that was the last time she had finally slept with someone before getting married. She can vividly remember that day due to it being the night before her wedding with her so to call boyfriend of the time. She ended things that night with him and he had shrugged it off as if he hadn't even cared, Ines hadn't been mad because she too hadn't cared.

A soft knock brought her out of her thoughts and she turned to look at the now opened door of her room.

"So I definitely slept all day," her sister said as she walked into the room and plopped on the bed. "But I'm alive now and ready to hear all of the juicy details from last night. Tell me was he any good? Was it big?"

Ines walked over to her bed and stared down at her sister who was prying with questions that she would not answer. It would be weird talking about the detail of her sleeping with a man to her younger sister.

"All I'm saying is I don't regret it."

"Was Mr. Sourpuss mad? I came last night and he was sitting at the entrance just waiting for you to come home. I told him though that you were for sure having the time of your life." Stella winked at her older sister and chuckled as the thought of Alessio's angry face came into mind. "I'm pretty sure I noticed his complexion turn red just like a tomato!"

"Well he was mad and even said that if I were to stay out again I had to tell him. He acts as if I'm a child."

Stella shrugged at her sister's remark and sat up from her laying position.

"Are you going to do it again? Did you get his number?"

"I don't even know his name. I will probably never see him again and I'm fine with that. It was a one time thing." She said that to her sister but a small part of her wished it wasn't and that it would happen again.

A knock came from the door and right after a maid said, "Mrs. Addonizio we have company and Mr. Addonizio wants you to join him downstairs."

Ines looked at the door and with confusion in her voice told the maid she would be right there in a bit. She was confused because they rarely had company. Who could it be that Alessio wanted her to be there as well?

A/N

I am finally on summer break and it feels great to not have piles of work to do. I will be trying my best to update at least once a week, I don't have a specific day just yet.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, have a great day or night lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 6.5K 45
A lot can happen in the span of five months. But will she allow her feelings and emotions to change? For him? [Editing] Copyright © 2022 secretlyyxur...
1.4M 36.8K 22
She didn't know that her father was cruel enough to sell her out to the most fearful man in all of England. Let all alone force her to marry the man...
12.5K 307 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...