Everything Cliché (Lesbian St...

By darksideofme17

Two strangers meet by chance and all the cliche in the world happens to them but then again, what's a good st... More

Chapter 1: A Romeo & Juliet-esque cliche
Chapter 2: We Meet Again Cliche
Chapter 3: We Switched Up Phones Cliche Pt 1
Chapter 4: We Switched Up Phones Cliche Part 2
Chapter 5: Let's Pretend to be Girlfriends Cliche
Chapter 6: Let's Pretend to be Girlfriends Part 2
Chapter 7: Meet the Family
Chapter 9: I'm Stuck In This One-Sided Love Cliche
Chapter 10: I'm in Denial Cliche
Chapter 11: Just A One Time Thing Cliche
Chapter 12: One Night Stand Cliche
Chapter 13: We Need Time Apart to Sort Our Feelings Cliche
Chapter 14: Things Are Complicated Now
Chapter 15: I'm Sorry It Took Long For Me To Realize
Chapter 16: Our Families Hate Each Other
Chapter 17: A Family Feud
Chapter 18: We Might Be Romeo and Juliet but We're Not Ending in Tragedy
Chapter 19: Us Against the World Cliche
Chapter 20: Hold My Hand, Never Let Me Go
Chapter 21: Be Here With Me
Chapter 22: Silence Is Deafening
Chapter 23: If This Was A Movie
Chapter 24: Unravelling The Web Of Lies
Chapter 25: Betray the Ones You Love
Chapter 26: Kiss Me Goodbye
Chapter 27: Fight For Love
Chapter 28: Reconciliation
Chapter 29: Whatever Happens, We Face It Together
Chapter 30: Our Road to Happy Ever After

Chapter 8: The 'I'm In Love with my Best Friend' Cliche

4.1K 215 4
By darksideofme17

Since she was a kid Maxie always had trouble making friends not because she's not social but because she finds it hard to connect to someone at a deeper level. At the age of 7, she met her very first friend but sadly said friend moved to another state at the end of their summer vacation. She had friends at school but she finds them boring at times, only talking about uninteresting things like clothes, toys and boys. Maxie doesn't make an effort to be close to anyone until she met Lori. Lori is one of the few people who understands her on a deeper, intellectual level. Lori is 2 years older than her so she's more of a sister-figure to her than just a close friend. So when Lori voices out her concern about Maxie's relationship with Amelia after Amelia calling her her best friend, she understands the older girl's worry for her. The last thing Lori wants is for Maxie to get her heart broken. Maxie reassures her she has it all under control with Lori frowning before leaving her be to attend to some customers. She would be lying if she said she's not scared of what would happen if she does crosses the line between friends and lovers with Amelia but she has to trust that it could end in either good or bad.

"Hey. Did I make you wait long?" Amelia's voice snaps her out of her thoughts and she smiles at the girl, shaking her head no. "Sorry. I tried to get out of the office as fast as I can but mom seemed more attentive to me than before." The girl explains huffing in frustration.

"Why so?" She inquires as they start walking the street. It has been 2 weeks since they pretended to be dating for their respective families. There's no need for them to keep pretending but they're best friends now so there's nothing wrong with always hanging out with each other.

"Ever since I introduced you as my girlfriend, she's been keeping an eye on me. It's like she's waiting for me to slip up and admit that all of it was just fake." Amelia explains shaking her head.

"I guess that she's still hoping you'd come to your senses and date Benjamin." Maxie states keeping the venom out of her voice. She sees the girl scrunch up her face at the mention of Benjamin and she can't help but laugh.

"As if. You're way better than him." Amelia loops her arm around hers.

"I'm just a bartender." Maxie teases getting an unamused look from her friend.

"I take that any day over a self-absorbed engineer." The girl states smiling up at her. "Come on. I want to have a fun night with my bestie." Amelia adds dragging her towards the club. Bestie huh? Maxie thinks of the word and for the first time she despises it. She lets herself be guided inside the club, holding onto Amelia's hand as tightly as she can without hurting the girl. They have decided to change sceneries and meet some of Amelia's friends at a nearby club. Maxie's not one for clubbing but she's not oppose to it especially if it means she gets to hang out with the brown haired girl all night.

"Amelia! Over here." She hears someone call over and lets Amelia lead towards her friends' table. "Glad you can make it." Her hand is let go in order for the girl to hug her friends one by one.

"Are you kidding? I'm not missing this one out." Amelia shouts over the music as Maxie stays behind not really knowing what to do that is until she locks eyes with the girl who flirted with her back then. She's suddenly being pulled into a hug by said girl and barely registers the surprised shriek leaving her lips.

"I'm so glad to see you Miss Bartender." The girl says as she struggles to free herself from the hug.

"Roxie stop it. You're scaring my girl." Amelia chastises getting in between them, she's thankful for that.

"My girl? Wait a minute. You two are together?" The girl, Roxanne, asks pointing at the two of them. "When did that happen?" She adds still confuse. Maxie feels Amelia taking her hand and squeezing it.

"We've been together for a while now so please refrain yourself from flirting with her." Amelia sighs side-glancing at her. She knows this is just for show, to keep up appearances because of the fact that Roxanne is very close to Amelia's parents. They can't risk blowing their cover.

"Huh. I guess your parents were telling the truth." Roxanne mutters eyeing them before shrugging her shoulders. "You could have told me. You know how I flirt with cute girls."

"Sorry. I wanted to wait for the best time to come out." That catches Maxie's attention making her look at the girl before looking back at the 4 girls looking at them.

"Hon, we've known you're not straight since college." One says followed by another and suddenly her "girlfriend" is engulfed in a 4-way hug.

"You." Roxanne points at her making her stand straight. "If you hurt our little Amelia you'll answer to us." She threatens half joking, half serious. Amelia meets her eyes, mouthing a sorry to her.

"I wouldn't dream of it." She answers relaxing her shoulders. Roxanne smiles at her before she too finds herself in a group hug.

Amelia dances with her friends as Maxie stays at the table saying she's not much of a dancer and she'll keep an eye on their things. She's not much of a club girl either but she does go out to clubs once in awhile with her girls back in college. She lets the music run through her veins losing herself to it. She needed this, she needed to just let go and have fun. She glances to the table to see Maxie is currently being accompanied by a tall girl. They're simply talking but she can see the stranger's hand slowly creeping up the raven haired girl's arm. She frowns as said arm rest on Maxie's shoulders before being bat away by Maxie. She smiles, tells her friends she'll go fetch her girlfriend and walks to the table without waiting for their reply. She walks confidently to the table in time to hear the girl saying suggesting things to Maxie while the latter gives her a bored look.

"Hey babe." She announces cheerfully. The stranger looks at her, raking her eyes up and down before scoffing.

"Hey." Maxie greets her with a smile, the bored look gone.

"Excuse me but who are you?" She hears the stranger ask venomously making her roll her eyes.

"I'm Amelia. Who are you?" She asks sweetly to further provoke the other girl.

"Jenny. I'm sorry but I'm trying to talk to your friend if you don't mind." The girl, Jenny, tells her and Amelia moves sitting down on Maxie's lap, wrapping her arms around her friend's neck and all the while keeping her eyes on Jenny.

"I'm sorry but she's my girlfriend. I'd love it if you find someone else to flirt with because this hot girl is already taken." She hisses and when the girl doesn't budge, turns to Maxie cupping her face with one hand before kissing her passionately. She feels Maxie respond right away, feels her hands settling on her lower back as she pulls her closer. Amelia doesn't know when Jenny finally left although she heard an angry huff but she could care less as she continues making out with her friend. She brings her other hand up to curl themselves around raven locks as she keeps the other on the Maxie's cheek. She knows she should pull away but those lips are too addicting. She finally stops when she hears her friends teasing her, telling them to get a room. She pulls away breathless as she feels Maxie swallow hard before she turns to face her friends.

"You girls might want to get a room." Her friend Marg teases. "You've attracted some attention from a group of guys." She points to the direction where 5 guys are looking at them like wolves. Amelia scoffs getting off Maxie's lap and taking a seat beside her.

"Not just guys but some ladies are also looking at your direction." Roxie whispers.

"They're all just jealous because I have a hot girlfriend." Amelia won't admit it out loud but it feels good to call Maxie her girlfriend despite it being all for show. She blames the alcohol for making her think like that. Her girls hum in agreement before deciding to order more drinks. Amelia turns to look at her raven haired girl and sees a frown gracing her face and she wonders what was going through her mind at the moment.

The next morning when Amelia wakes up, she finds herself not in her room. She almost panics and sits up the bed only to be greeted by a pounding headache. She groans, curses before hearing a light chuckle somewhere in the room. She slowly looks up to see an amuse Maxie leaning on the doorway.

"Glad to see you're alive." The girl greets her walking to the bed and taking a seat on the edge. "You were pretty wasted last night. Well you and the rest of the girls." She adds. "Who would have thought Roxanne was a crier when drunk." Maxie muses and Amelia simply grunts her response. "There's advil and water on the nightstand." Amelia turns to find the items before looking at her friend once again. "When you feel like it, come join me for breakfast." Maxie's standing up.

"Maxie." She calls out stopping her friend from leaving. "Thank you." She says and gets a smile before she's once again alone in the room. She turns to the nightstand, pops the 2 pills into her mouth and drinks the water. She doesn't remember much about last night after about 7 shots of tequila. She does remember her makeout session with Maxie and she feels herself blushing at the memory. She knows she'll have to talk to Maxie about it so she psyches herself up before deciding to face the girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Never Heard By Mary

Teen Fiction

3.6K 260 56
Louise just transferred schools and is ready to start a brand new journey. Is it going to be a good one or another "cliche" high school musical story...
127K 4.4K 45
Cal or Callie, is just starting a new school. No big deal, she knows most everyone and she is popular before school even starts. But an old middle sc...
Wished By Adler

Teen Fiction

49K 1.2K 37
Ellie Martin just wanted excitement, romance, adventure, love. She wanted life like a book, like a movie. And so that's what she wished for. She jus...
154K 3.8K 25
Why are the Boys the bad one? Why is the Girl the good one? Not in this story. #projectgoodboy