Riches to Rags (Completed)

By Kiki_21

Zariah McKnight started in the entertainment business at a young age as an actress, now in her early 20's she... More

Zariah
.1.
.2.
author note.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
author note.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
A Word From Kiki...
23.
24.
25.
Characters Q&A
26.
Q&A p.II
27.
28.
29.
30.
Rhyon
Living Single
Sequel?
A story to tell
Please Check it Out!
🚨New story Alert
Part 2?
Choose the next story
Good Meet Bad
Story Promo
Good Meets Bad

14.

1.8K 103 43
By Kiki_21

I woke up to the sunlight shinning brightly through my window causing my headache to throb more with pain. I furrowed my eyebrows feeling the bed still moving as I sat still, glancing over to my left a body layed there with the covers over there head. I quickly yanked the covers back revealing a sleeping Trevante.

"Tre." I said tapping him softly. "Tre!! " I yelled louder shaking his shoulder as he began to move a little.

"Hm, what?" He said in a raspy voice placing the covers over his head.

"Wake up!" I said, removing the covers from my body.

I watched as he slowly sat up against the headboard rubbing his eyes. "Wasup?" He yawned stretching his long arms.

"What happened last night? Why are you in my bed ? I gasped loudly placing my hands over my mouth "did we have sex?" I asked whispering the last part.

"No." He whispered. " We went to the party you got drunk and some more shit, you was tore up bruh." He laughed as I stared at him not finding anything funny. " so I brought you home and on the way you had fell asleep in the car so I carried you to the bed laid you down on my way out you told me to stay til you fell asleep being the nice person that I am I stayed and I guess I fell asleep so now we're here. We didn't do anything I swear."

Damn.. I mumbled not remembering anything after arriving to the club.

I reached for my  phone unplugging it from the charger placing my code in I tapped the Instagram app first thing I saw was a picture of me dancing on top of a couch.  "Oh my gosh!" I gasped loudly placing my hand over my mouth.

"What?" Tre asked.

I remained quiet scrolling through more of the newsfeed seeing my name being mentioned in comments of the major headlines I stopped scrolling at TMZ page seeing another picture of me smoking. I tapped the picture reading the caption.

"Child start gone wild??" "Childhood star now adult Zariah Jiles McKnight smoking? And drinking? Sources says, Zariah was found smoking and drinking in Club Lit lastnight with Deric Washington of One in a million the movie the two played in earlier in there career.... Is this the end of Zariah Jiles McKnight?" #TMZ  #childstar

"Oh my goodness!" I said, looking up at Tre who looked back at me with a confused expression.

"What girl dang." Tre said, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Look." I said, handing him my phone.

I stared at him hitting my nails as his eyes locked onto the screen of my phone. "Damn." He said softly shaking his head handing my phone back.

"Zariah!" Ma voice spoke from the other side of my door.

"Shit, Tre hide somewhere." I said quickly standing up to my feet as he did the same.

"Where?" He said calmly.

"Uhh" I said glancing around the room " in the bathroom." I said pushing him towards the door pushing him into the bathroom shutting the door behind me.

"Zariah!" Her voice spoke again as she knocked on the door, I kicked Tre's Jordan's under the bead and hid his jacket in the closet before walking to the door opening it.

"Good morning." I yawned stretching my arms.

"Good morning." She said, eyeing me.

"What?"

"Nothing." She shrugged.

"Ight well bye." I said closing the door.

"Well  wait." She said stopping the door from closing. "How was the club? You have fun?"

"I-it was okay." I shrugged as she walked past me sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Well that's good I guess, but um where's Tre? I saw him when he brought you in but I never saw him leave?"

"Oh he left after he brought me in."

"Oh it must have been when I came back upstairs."

"Yeah probably." I said, rubbing my temples sitting on the bed next to her.

"You okay?"

"Just have a headache."

"You take anything for it?"

"Don't have anything."

"Yes you do, I put Tylenol and Advil in your bathroom in the medicine cabinet... I'll get it for you." She said getting up walking toward the bathroom.

"No!" I yelled jumping up running toward the door before her.

"What?" She questioned.

" I mean im saving your life I ate some baked beans yesterday and it hit me today and you don't wanna go in there for about 35 maybe even 45 minutes." I said, rubbing my stomach as she looked at me in disgust.

"That's just nasty Zar."

"What? It's natural." I said opening the bedroom door as she walked out.

"Mhm. I know and I know something else. We gonna have a talk about the club situation later you really thought you could hide that from me it's all over the Internet." She said looking me up and down before walking away.

"Okay." I sighed closing the door after her.

I quickly ran to the bathroom opening the door to see Tre taking selfies of his self smiling with his shirt up showing his abs.

"Really?" I laughed.

"What? I got bored." He chuckled walking back into my room.

"So what now?" He asked, looking down at me.

"I don't know." I shrugged "guess we wait?"

"For yo moms to go in her room or something?"

"Yep." I nodded.

I gave him a curious look as he started laughing randomly. "Yo are you scared of yo moms? I'm a grown ass man and you got me in here waiting and shit we ain't do nothing plus you the one paying the bills and doing all the shit round here you can have people come and go as you please. But I know you the "good girl" he said using air quotes well good girl going bad. " he chuckled.

"I- I'm not scared of her and you right I do pay everything the freak am I thinking. Come on!" I said grabbing his hand as we both walked down the stairs.

"Zariah Wher- "Tre? What you doing here so early?" Ma asked, looking at the clock on the wall above the fire place.

"I'll let Zariah tell you, I'm going to go home and change I'll be back...if that's okay with you?" He asked,Looking from me to my mom.

"Yeah, that's fine." We said at the same time.

I watched him as he nodded his head walking out of the house I turned back about to walk the other way when my mom stood in front of me scarring me with her arms folded over her chest.

"Speak on it."

"Before you start assuming it was nothing." I said walking toward the kitchen.

"Zariah Na'Jai Jiles -McKnight!" She semi yelled.

I knew she had to be upset if she used my fathers last name.

"What?" I sighed, pouring myself a glass of juice.

"Dont what me. What happened last night?"

"Nothing really, I just had a little to much to drink but I had fun." I smiled.

"So?" She sighed holding the bridge of her nose clasping her hands together. "Zariah You're not getting it. You have a reputation to keep you your just now getting to where you've been wanting to be and now of all times you wanna do something foolish like this? Zariah what are you thinking? Your a good girl you need to keep this up think about the younger girls who see you as a role model. What will they think of you once they see this."

I slammed the cup onto the counter almost breaking it. "See this is what I'm talking about Ma I am not that little 15 year old girl I use to be. I'm 20 years old can I live a little? People want me to be who I'm not they want me to be what they expect. This is my life I can't live by how you or everybody else want me too it seems as if no one understands me not even you the only one who seems to understand is Tre. Now this is my life so please stop trying to run me that's for you and everyone else.. I love you I really do but it's time for me to do me."

"What happened with Tre coming down with you?"

"Long story short I got drunk he helped me to bed and he fell asleep ... No we did not have sex." I said leaving her standing in the kitchen.

I sat on the couch in the family scanning through channels when my phone rung. I smiled at the name that appeared on the screen.
"Hey baby."

"Wasup, what you doing?"

"Nothing, sitting here."

"Sounds boring...lets do something?"

"Something like what?"

"Just be ready in 10." He said before hanging up.

I quickly got off the couch running toward my room grabbing my cross body purse phone charger and other needed items. I quickly took a fast shower putting on jeans and a Tee I checked over my appearance making sure I looked good before jogging down the stairs just as the doorbell rung.

"Hey bab- oh it's just you." I said, stepped to the side lettin Tre in."

"Well damn don't sound so excited." He chuckled closing the door.

"My bad I just thought you were Deric."

"Well I'm sorry to rain on your parade but I am not that nigga, but uh what am I gonna do while you gone? Do I need to be looking for another job cause you always with him and don't want me around and I'm just here not doing shit."

" I just figured you wouldn't wanna be around us. Im not trying to sound mean but I don't need you when I'm with him. I just need you to guard me any other time you know when I'm out."

"Wow." He said getting up from the couch walking toward the door. "Well when you do need me I guess you can hit me up." He said shaking his head as he walked out the door revealing Deric.

I stood there feeling a  bad for what just happened but it was the truth I needed him outside of what I do with Deric I watched as Tre looked Deric over before shaking his head agains walking toward his car.

"Wasup?" Deric asked, nodding his head toward Tre.

"Nothing."

"Hm, Ight how was your day?" Deric asked as I locked the door.

"It was okay. Yours?"

"It's good gonna be better now that I'm with my baby." He smiled as we walked toward his car.

"Damn paparazzi stay posted up at yo house." He chuckled pulling out of the drive way.

"Yeah, and I'm tired of it can't go anywhere without them being somewhere." I sighed, heavily.

"Well shit, this the life we living baby girl we celebrities just wait a few more days or weeks it will be over."

" I guess."

"Aye Zariah, what happened between you and ole boy? He looked pissed..are y'all fckin?" He asked, glancing over at me and back onto the road.

"What? NO I told you before No I'm with you and only you why would I do something like that? "

"I don't know, I'm just making sure." He shrugged his right shoulder.

"Whatever." I said, folding my arms across my chest looking outside.

The car ride was silent as we pulled toward his house waiting for his gate to open before pulling into his driveway. I really had an attitude how he gone come at me like that? I'm not like those girls he had in the past he had me messed up.

"Get out the car." He ordered.

I kept my arms over my chest staying in the seat for another 30 seconds before getting out the car. "I get out when I wanna get out." I said opening the door getting out.

"So you mad?" He chuckled as I stayed quiet.

"Can you just open the door?"

"Baby don't be mad I'm sorry Ight?" He said, grabbing my hand pulling towards him as he placed his hands on my waist.

"I really am sorry, I have trust issues and I don't really trust that dude I'm sorry I'm gonna try to do better okay." He smiled softly placing his finger on my chin lifting my head up.

"Can I get a kiss?" He smirked showing his dimple poking his bottom lip out.I rolled my eyes leaning in kissing him slowly and passionately as he slid his tongue in as we continue to kiss.

"Baby. Open the door!" I giggled pushing him away.

"Damn girl." He chuckled unlocking his door. I walked inside sitting down on the couch, grabbing the remote turning the tv on watching the beginning of Barbershop.

"You want something to drink?" Deric yelled from the kitchen.

"Water." I yelled back.

I got comfortable on the couch removing my jacket as Deric walked back into the tv room. "Here, wit yo healthy ass." He chuckled handing me my water.

"Thanks." I smiled sipping from the bottle water.

"Yep." He said walking into another room coming back with a bag of weed.

"So what we bout to do?" I asked as he light the blunt.

"First Ima chill with my baby then later tonight we gone hit my boy party." He said passing me the blunt. "Is that coo?"

I nodded my head letting the smoke fill my lungs as I began to feel a little relaxed.

Im sorry its so long I was trying to make it shorter I didn't know where to cut it off at.

Hope you all enjoyed.

What do you think will happen any predictions?

Thanks for reading

Please excuse the errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 450 126
"-You saved me. -No, you saved me." Kylie and Zayn has been dating for a year, and they got engaged and are about to welcome their twins. But will...
132 0 12
Zariah has tried something new. She tried something domestic. Now she is in a good place. Happy with herself. Happy with her family. And very happy w...
109 1 26
meet Chrystal,who decides to take a job in a new city. going to a new city means new friends, trying interesting stuff. Brytal, recently divorced and...
295 51 17
Spinoff Book Two from Letters Overseas Rhyder Beretta Pierre is a 20 year old single woman who is just starting out her music career in Nashville. Be...