The Rejected Luna

By AshZ2021

I woke up to sunlight streaming in through the windows. I tried to move only to wince in pain. I was sore dow... More

Preview
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Epilogue
Alternate Ending
Sequel is posted

Chapter 4

53.2K 1K 143
By AshZ2021

"Ashlynn, is that you?" His voice seemed so hopeful like he really wanted me. But he couldn't want me.

"Who else would it be?" I questioned sarcastically, but with a chill to it. I turned around and I saw a little hurt flash in his eyes, but it quickly went away. He looked at Trey and Xavier and growled lowly.

"Who is that?" He pointed to Trey.

"This is Alpha Landon. And my son Xavier." I said proudly.

"Your what?" He was getting angry and starting to make a scene.

"Why don't we take this outside and then I can tell you again since you seem to have gone deaf." I stood up and picked Xavier up and went outside. I waited until he stormed out. Trey started to come out but I just shook my head. I needed to tell him.

"Who's the father of Xavier?" He questioned. Still angry.

"That's none of your business, all you need to know is I'm his mother. You must have gone deaf from all of those girls you banged since you rejected me." I saw hurt, guilt, and sadness in his eyes. This time he didn't cover it up.

He sighed. "Who's the father?"

"You." I turned to go back inside, but he grabbed my arm.

"You kept my son from me for five years?" He was getting angry again.

"Let me take him inside and then I will talk to you." I walked away again, he didn't try and stop me this time.

"Mommy who was that?" My little boy was so innocent, he had questioned about his father before and I just told him his father was really busy but still loved him. I even offered for him to meet his father but he somehow knew that his father had hurt me and said no. That topic hasn't come up again since.

"Just someone mommy used to know. Now can you please stay with uncle Trey while I go back and talk to him?" I hated not telling Xav the whole truth, but for right now it was for the best.

"Ok mommy."

"Thank you baby." I kissed his cheek while I put him down.

"Mommy I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy." He puffed his chest out a little.

"I know you are sweetheart. But you will always be mama's baby, okay?"

"Ok mommy." He ran off to Trey without a second glance back at me.

'Are you ok?' Trey mind-linked me.

'To be completely honest, I'm not sure. But I have to do this.'

'I understand. If you need me though I will be right here.'

'Thank you, Trey.' With that, I cut off the link and went back outside. It was summer so we didn't have to bundle up. It wasn't too hot but it wasn't freezing either.

I got back to where I left him and he was there sitting on the sidewalk, just staring into space.

"I have a son." He said monotone. He sounded empty, defeated.

"Yeah, you do." I had no emotion in my voice, I just wanted to get this conversation over with so I never have to see him again.

"Why?" He stood up and looked me in the eye.

"Why what?" I know I was getting a bitchy tone, but I didn't care.

"Why did you leave? Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant? Why didn't you come home?"

"Really?!? I would have thought you would be able to figure those out on your own. I guess I was wrong." I said with sarcasm and a fake laugh. "Well, let's see. Hmm... Yeah I know YOU REJECTED ME!"

"That doesn't mean you can keep my son from me!"

"I can do whatever the hell I want! He is my son. Not yours, you are his sperm donor nothing more. I took care of him when he was sick. I care for him after nightmares. I was the one getting up every night at least once after he was born to take care of him. I was there, not you. You know why? You rejected me, which means you rejected him. You are nothing to him or to me. I asked him if he wanted to meet you, and you know what he said? He said he doesn't want to meet anyone who hurt me. I didn't tell him what you did, he figured that out by himself."

"You are my mate, and he is my son!"

I just laughed. "Really, Is that what you said 5 years ago? No, what you said is you didn't want a mate, so guess what now you got your wish. You don't have a mate or a son." I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.

"What do you want now Hunter?"

"What is his name?"

"Xavier." I didn't want him to know that his last name was the same.

"Full name Ashlynn."

"Xavier Colten Black." He looked up at me shocked. "Yes, I gave him your last name. I figured that he should have a little part of his father, even if his father wanted nothing to do with either of us." Pain flashed in his eyes again. "You should go, your pack is inside probably wondering where their Alpha is."

"Please...please just let me meet him."

"Only if he wants to, I won't force him to do anything. But I am not telling him you are his father. And neither are you. And if you do I swear that you won't be able to bang anymore of your sluts!"

"He deserves to know about me!"

"I agree, just not in a diner parking lot."

"So when do you want us to tell him?"

"Not us, me. I am his mother it is my job. I will tell him tonight and if he wants you to be apart of his life then we can arrange a custody agreement where you get him every other weekend or something. I'm not heartless." I stormed off before he could say anything else.

I walked into the diner and say Xav playing around with Trey and some of the members of Hunter's pack. I went up to his Gamma, Jackson.

"Jackson, where is my brother. If you are all here shouldn't he be here too?"

"He is almost here. Alpha mind-linked him and told him you were here and to stop looking."

I was now confused. "Looking for what?"

"For you. Alpha hasn't stopped looking for you for about four years now." He's been looking for me? He probably couldn't stand the pain of the rejection.

After mates go through rejection they get pains every month. It went away for me about 5 months ago, but it could have lasted longer for him since he is the one who rejected me.

I just nodded in reply. I went up to Xav. "Hey bud, you want to meet mommy's friend?"

"Sure mommy."

"Alright, let's go." I held his hand as we walked outside. As soon as Hunter sees Xav his eyes lit up and he dropped down to Xav's height.

"Hey buddy, I'm Hunter."

"Hi, I'm Xavier. But mommy and Uncle Trey call me Xav." There was a flash of jealousy in his eyes when Xav mentioned Trey but I didn't care.

I let them have about 5 minutes together talking and getting to know each other before Trey told me we had to go because he had Alpha business.

"Alright, Xav say goodbye. Uncle Trey has things to do so we have to go home."

"OK, mommy. Bye Bye Hunter." Hunter looked pained.

"You know I could-"

"If you were going to offer us a R-I-D-E. Then don't, because I am more than happy to accept one from Trey. Plus I need to get home. My shift starts soon."

"You work?"

"Don't look so shocked Hunter." I said with venom. "Yeah, I work. I am a waitress at a diner down the street from our apartment. In case you were wondering I also was able to get my degree while taking care of a newborn and working 40 hour weeks." I really didn't want to keep talking to Hunter. "I need to go now. Goodbye."

"Wait, can I at least get your number?" He sounded like a lost puppy dog.

"You can ask Trey for it later." I wasn't doing it to lead him on or anything, but I did it for Xav. If he wanted his father in his life I wasn't going to stop him.

"Ok. Goodbye Ash."

"Bye." He went back inside. We went towards the car, I buckled Xav in and as I was about to get in I heard an all too familiar voice call my name.

"Big brother!" I ran over and hugged him. "I missed you, Derek!"

"I missed you too little sis!"

"I have to go big bro, but here is my number and you can come by my apartment later and meet your nephew and we can catch up. As long as you promise not to bring Alpha in there along." I said pointing towards the diner.

"I'll try little sis. But you know how Alpha's can be." He chuckled.

"I love you." I said as I gave him one last hug and a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you too."

I got in the car and we sped off. We were in silence the way back. I looked behind me and saw Xav asleep. I knew why Trey was quiet though. He knew I needed time to process. We reached my apartment, I thanked Trey for the ride and for lunch.

We got into our apartment and I put Xav in his bed to let him sleep a little longer while I cleaned more. Cleaning helped my think and process through things easier. It's almost as if I'm cleaning up my head. I cleaned for about an hour when I heard little footsteps coming from the hall.

"Hey baby, have a good nap?"

"Yeah, momma." He sat on one of the chairs in the dining room while I got him a snack.

"Hey baby, momma has something to tell you ok?"

"Okay, mommy." He was so focused on his cookies and milk.

"I really need you to pay attention ok?" He looked up at me with his beautiful green eyes that he got from his father.

"Ok mommy."

"So baby you remember Hunter right?" He nodded. "Well, what if I told you that was your daddy?"

"Hunter is my daddy?" He sounded a little excited.

"Yes, sweetheart." He started jumping around.

"When can we see him again?"

"Well, I can see if he could take you to the park this afternoon. Would you like that?" He nodded his head vigorously.

I chuckled. "Alright, let me give him a call."

I went into the living room to give him a call and he answered after only 2 rings.

"Missed me already babe?"

"Don't get cocky Alpha. I didn't call for me. I called for my son. I told him and he wants to go to the park with you this afternoon. Do you think you can handle that?"

"Yeah, I think I should be able to do that. But you are really trusting me with our son?"

"MY son, and I guess. He really wants to get to know you and to be frank I don't so I figured I would let you take him to the park for a few hours. And just know that if you don't bring him back by 6 tonight they will not ever find your body."

"Ok, I understand. When can I pick him up?"

"Whenever. Just text me when you are on your way so I have time to get him ready."

"I am heading over now."

"Alright goodbye." I hung up without a second thought.

"Xavier it is time to get ready to go to the park!" I yelled. He ran to get ready while I just thought about today.

In a mere 12 hours, my life had gone from really good to what the hell just happened. And I didn't know what to do. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 72 10
━ Rewritten Story ━ Completed ✔ As I turned my back on everything I'd known, it struck me, The feeling of being born anew. This time I'll be able to...
43.4K 1.6K 33
For the sake of his Kingdom, King Miya had made a heartbreaking decision to sacrifice one of his own son to the Moon God for a blessing. Now, what i...
462K 10.9K 52
*Edited Lily was scorned by her Mate, after returning home to her family and the troubles she thought she left behind she discovers that more trouble...
363K 6.9K 42
He was gigantic. The 7'0 monster of a man towered over her, even though he was sitting. Bright cyan eyes gazed down at her unreadably. He gestured w...