Ice and Snow

By Vireen

Aesha Camarell, typical school girl with two best buddies. Cole Rogenson, school heart throb andone of the mo... More

Ice and Snow
Chapter One: The First Day
Chapter Two: The Sister
Chapter Three: The Saturday
Chapter Four: The Apology
Chapter Five: The Twins
Chapter Six: The Cave
Chapter Seven: The Fire Powers
Chapter Eight: The Ice Powers
Chapter Nine: The Park
Chapter Ten: The Early Winter
Chapter Eleven: The.....Date?
Chapter Twelve: The Warmth
Those Feelings ( Special Chapter )
Chapter Thirteen: The Love
Chapter Fourteen: The Holidays
Chapter Sixteen: The Friend
Chapter Seventeen: The Birthday
Chapter Eighteen: The Mistake
Chapter Nineteen: The Letter
Bring Him Back (Oh, Lookie, Another Special Chapter)
Chapter Twenty: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty One: The Family
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cousins
Chapter Twenty Three: The Dinner Party
Chapter Twenty Four: The City of Love
Chapter Twenty Five: The Brother
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rejection
Finally (Lastie Specialie Chappie)
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Song

Chapter Fifteen: The Suite

6.6K 297 103
By Vireen

Chapter Fifteen: The Suite

 Aesha’s POV

 I can feel someone shaking me, so I sat up, still sleepy. My brown eyes locked with black ones. Oh, damn.

“Cole?” I said.

He seemed annoyed, “We need to go down to the ground floor. They’re waiting there.” I let out a yawn. But my lips felt felt…hot and burning.

Oh my God, what happened!?

I quickly placed a finger on my lips feeling the warmth. Did he just kiss me when I was sleeping? Oh no, he didn’t.

“Have you been crying?” he asked. I realized my eyes were probably still puffy and red from crying.

I immediately wiped my tear-stained face, “N-no.”

“Are you going or not?” Cole asked impatiently, his arms crossed. “I’m going, I’m going,” I muttered, getting out of the bed. I trailed behind Cole as we walked down the hall.

“Where’s Cylene?” I asked suddenly.

“She’s not going,” Cole replied.

Cylene. So what, she’s just alone in their house during the Christmas season!? She doesn’t deserve that.

We went to the elevator and that day’s memories came flooding back to me. When he walked out of our ‘hanging out’. Though, it felt like a date, or something.

Just go on, apologize to him.

No! I can’t!

And why not?

Because…..because…

See? You don’t even know the reason! Just go!

It’s harder than you think!

I silently argued with myself in the elevator. It really pointless so I ended up saying nothing to him.

“Aesha, sweetie, just sit there,” Mom pointed to a vacant table when we got the fine dining area. Sean and Shaelon were sitting in another table, just quiet and busy with gadgets. From time to time, they would glare at each other.

I gulped and started playing with a loose thread on my peach white dress. Today, Mom forced me to wear this sleeveless dress with a little bow tie on the side of the waist area. I normally wore my hair down and clipped a bobby pin to put it in place.

And I didn’t notice blue light was emerging from my palm.

“Will you stop playing with your powers?” Cole hissed. I noticed he was just sitting across from me.

“Well, what am I supposed to do!?” I whisper-yelled.

“Eat,” he said in a ‘duh’ tone. “I’m not hungry,” I said softly.

I stood up from my seat and headed outside, where there was a garden – though the trees already lost their leaves and it was flooded with snow – and a frozen fountain. I walked over to the fountain and sat on the ledge.

I freakin’ hate this day.

“Aesha,” Cole walked out walked towards me.

My head snapped towards him, “What now? You’re not my babysitter!”

“Your mom told me to get you,” he said coldly.

“What if I don’t want to go with you?” I asked.

If he’s going to be mad at me, then I’ll do the same to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cole’s POV

Why was she acting like that? I had no choice but to follow Aesha as she went back to our suite.

“Will you stop following me?” she asked me, anger in her eyes.

I buried my hands in my pockets, “Nope,”

Aesha glared at me and sat on one of the couches, “Cole, I don’t want to argue with you, much less set a blizzard in this hotel.”

I smirked and sat beside her. Flirting, is it?

“I’m not leaving you. I know you know we’re probably the remaining sane people here,”

It was partly true. The adults were talking nonstop about…well, adult-ish things. The twins didn’t care for the whole world.

But Aesha wouldn’t stop arguing until I leave, so in less than five seconds, the room was coated in ice and snow.

“What the hell, Aesha!?” I exclaimed.

Now it was her turn to smirk, “Just leave, right now.” I gritted my teeth, “Do you want to kill me?”

“I might,”

Now, it really hurt. The cold hurt, like I was stuck in the middle of the Arctic. Like I was stuck in a freezer, a hundred degrees below zero.

“Stop it!” I yelled, shivering. That startled her, causing

 walked towards me.

My head snapped towards him, “What now? You’re not my babysitter!”

“Your mom told me to get you,” he said coldly.

“What if I don’t want to go with you?” I asked.

If he’s going to be mad at me, then I’ll do the same to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cole’s POV

Why was she acting like that? I had no choice but to follow Aesha as she went back to our suite.

“Will you stop following me?” she asked me, anger in her eyes.

I buried my hands in my pockets, “Nope,”

Aesha glared at me and sat on one of the couches, “Cole, I don’t want to argue with you, much less set a blizzard in this hotel.”

I smirked and sat beside her. Flirting, is it?

“I’m not leaving you. I know you know we’re probably the remaining sane people here,”

It was partly true. The adults were talking nonstop about…well, adult-ish things. The twins didn’t care for the whole world.

But Aesha wouldn’t stop arguing until I leave, so in less than five seconds, the room was coated in ice and snow.

“What the hell, Aesha!?” I exclaimed.

Now it was her turn to smirk, “Just leave, right now.” I gritted my teeth, “Do you want to kill me?”

“I might,”

Now, it really hurt. The cold hurt, like I was stuck in the middle of the Arctic. Like I was stuck in a freezer, a hundred degrees below zero.

“Stop it!” I yelled, shivering. That startled her, causing the cold to turn down. Good.

“Fine, I’ll leave!” I shouted, going out the door.

I went to the room where the elevators were located, where it was living room styled. I sat on one of the couches and rubbed my hands together, dismissing the coldness. I ran a hand through my face while sighing.

Why can’t we just get along?

My phone rang in my pocket and surprisingly, it wasn’t frozen. “Hello?” I said, answering it.

“Where are you?” Great, Cylene.

“I know you heard our conversation, Cy. I’m in the hotel.” I said.

“I though you won’t actually go there…” she thought out loud.

“Well, you know Dad.”

“Uh, huh.”

“Are you still home?” I asked her.

“Nope,” she replied, popping the ‘p’, “Mom took me to New York,”

My eyes widened, “New York!? You’re spending your Christmas there?”

“Yeah, but I’ll be back soon. Don’t worry,”

“You’d better be,” I muttered.

“Look, Cole. I know the cold’s getting into you-“

“It’s not just the cold.” I said. I told her about Aesha being here, along with her family. I told her everything that happened here in the hotel.

“It’s gonna be fine, trust me.” Right, Cylene. I feel so encouraged.

Note the sarcasm right there.

Then she hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aesha’s POV

Eleven thirty-one p.m. That was what I saw the last time I checked on the digital clock beside my bed. The lights were already dim in our suite and Cole was sleeping soundly on the bed beside me, but I’m here, on my bed, hugging my knees, still wide awake.

I couldn’t seem to sleep because of the teenage drama and stress I’ve been handling with Cole. That, and the twins.

Sean and Shaelon were sharing a suite, a suite just beside Cole and mine. Luckily, I haven’t heard any shouting and fighting next door yet. They silent fighting, I guess. Until now.

I heard a crash from the next suite, so I quickly got off the bed. I didn’t mind Cole who was awoken because of the sound. I ran to the next door, but heard no noise. I tried the doorknob but it wouldn’t budge.

Dang, why would they lock it?

I sighed and rested my forehead on the door. I just hope they’re alright.

“Aesha?” Cole said softly behind me, “What was that?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

I began to walk down the corridor, but Cole grabbed my elbow, “Aren’t you going to sleep?”

“I’m not tired,” I said. He let me go, though he followed me. We reached the living room area where one side was windowed. It had a large view of the city. I sat on one of the comfortable couches near the window and placed my chin on my fist.

Cole sat beside me, just quiet.

Go on, Aesha. If he wouldn’t make the first move, then you should.

“Cole,” I said. His gaze went to me. His eyes – and his face – weren’t expressing any anger, but…hope?

“I’m sorry for that day,” I said, “The way I acted. I never thought you’d feel like that towards me.” It felt like my voice was barely a whisper.

“I just wanted to know if you felt the same,” he said.

My heart pounded in my chest as blood rushed to my cheeks. Did I really like him that way? Do I like the only boy I should be hating?

“I was acting like that because…” I didn’t dare finish that sentence.

His brow rose, “Because?”

“I was trying to hide my own feelings for you.”

I can’t believe I got that out of me. It was the truth, I really did like him. The jerky guy changed when he was with me. I liked him better that way.

I moved closer to me and bent to whisper in my ear, “Do you like me?”

I rested my head on his shoulder, “A lot,”

“But,” I said, “We can’t be together.”

His eyebrows knitted together, “Why not?”

“We’ll hurt each other, we’ll hurt everyone else.”

He put his arm around me, “We could work this out,” I looked up at him, “Really?”

Cole kissed my head, “Yep,”

Then another crash came. Way to ruin the moment.

I jumped out of the couch and went straight to Sean and Shaelon’s room.

~~~~~~~~~

A lot of hotel supplies were broken, and one of the couches was thrown upside down. Sean and Shaelon were inside the room, arguing their tongues off. Everything was a mess.

Please, make it stop.

“Guys!” I yelled, but not so loud, “Stop. It!”

They abruptly stopped screaming at each other. “I can’t take all of this anymore,” I said, “You shouldn’t be fighting like this! You’re twins, and as your sister, I hate seeing you acting like this.”

I rubbed my temples, “I want to know now. The reason why you’re fighting.”

Shaelon explained, “You see, Aesha, Sean here was hogging the bathroom-“

“No!” I shouted, “The real reason. The thing that started all of these…..arguments.”

Shaelon looked at Sean, expecting him to say something, “Go on,” she said, “Tell her,”

My gaze turned to my brother, who was hesitating. Then, he came up to me, his eyes clouding with depression.

“Aesha,” he said.

“I’m gay.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaand….cliffhanger! Haha! So what do you think about Aesha and Cole making up? And the surprise secret of Sean? Keep on reading and thanks for all the votes and comments! Dedicated to you bojo!

-Vireen

 P.S. Check out the song, Wouldn't Change a Thing by Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato. It fits the chapter! Listen now!

P.P.S. Sorry, if there's a glitch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133 21 21
She was different. Nobody liked different. Kenzi was a (almost) normal high school girl. Had a handful of friends. Got okay grades. But she got dirt...
4.1K 82 21
Cisco has been researching and found a way to separate Caitlin and Frost, making them have their own separate bodies. With Caitlin having got ice pow...
122 4 20
A year has past since the Joesph sisters Aqua, Krystal, A.J, and Fuego discovered their powers over the passing of a full moon, and they are just get...
37K 1.7K 30
Cold love? Hate love? It's strange how a cold love or hate love can be highlighted in a sibling story. It does, He is a cold brother. She is a soft s...