Thanatos: The Blue Dawn

By Devita33

*COMPLETED* (Book #2 in the DAWN series) #19 in Fantasy Aurora Venerelli, the new goddess-to-be in Olympus... More

Prologue
(1)Slipping into Cerulean
(2)Cyan Flavoured Desire
(3)Stirred and Viridian-filled
(4)Trickery in Teal
(5)With Navy Nuance
(6)Drowning Deeper in Blue
(7)Sapphire Surrealism
(8)Thoughts as Deep as the Aegean
(8.2)Thoughts as Deep as the Aegean
(9)Olympian Blue
(10)A Mask of Cobalt
(11)Indigo Heat
(12)Blueberry Clouds
(13)Turquoise Family Tapestry
(14)Spindrift Blue Barracades
(15)Azure Nights
(16)Even-handed Aqua
(17)Breaking the Ice
(18)Steely and Arctic Tactics
(19)Deep Sea Dreaming
(20)Amidst Blue Flames
(21)Lapis Lazuli Souls
(22)Powder Blue Blaze
(23)A Sea of Lavender and Ash
(24)Aquamarine Haven
(25)Zaffre Dagger
(26)Aurora Borealis
(27)My Tavernier Diamond
(28)Opal Pardon
(30)Bleu de France (Part 1)
(30)Bleu de France (Part 2)
(31)Path of Midnight-Blue
(32)Hell is a Forgotten Blue
(33)Moonstone Delights
(34)Denim, Deities and Departures
(35)Ultramarine
(36)Under a Navy sky
(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 1)
(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 2)
(38)The Royal Blue Treatment
(39)Capri Bonds
(40)Blue-bathed Revelations
(41)The Glaucous Corrosion
(42)Hyacintho Daemonium
(43)A Tanzanite Throne for my legacy
(44)Confessions of the Night sky
(45)Blue dusk
Epilogue
Azurian Threads- The Tales Book
Book Three
White Dawn

(29)Whole Cerulean Hearts

23.7K 1.3K 227
By Devita33

*Suggestive content warning

'There was nothing in this moment other than complete and utter euphoria...'

Whole Cerulean Hearts

"So... You took out two Furies..."

I smiled seductively up at Aurora as she yawned; her head against the soft pillows. She was leaning against my headboard, a clean nightdress on, and her eyes droopy from the hot shower. Her hair was still wet as she giggled and slid her head down to rest on my outstretched arm; "Scared of me yet?"

I chuckled and pulled her closer; "Terrified."

We kissed softly; the feeling regenerating me more than any good night's sleep ever could- even after a thousand years of insomnia.

The feeling of having her safe, in my arms, was beyond words. There was nothing I wanted more in this twisted universe than the soft lull of her breathing singing me to sleep.

Finding her there- at the supermarket, all smeared in dirt and grass- a look of pure boredom on her face- I felt like I was about to pop a blood vessel. Did she not realise I had been going out of my mind the last few hours searching high and low for her. I'd nearly burnt down a hotel in the town nearby out of pure anger.

Just the thought of losing her- I couldn't even think about it now, with her giggling in my arms like she'd never left.

I tightened my hold protectively. I wasn't planning on letting her go any time soon. Lady Claudia and Professor Lorne would have to wait a day with her training. For now, she was mine- until I felt like giving her back to reality.

"You're squashing me!"

I smiled down at her with amusement; "The mighty Fury-killer defeated by a simple cuddle? How unexpected..."

"You should've seen it!" Aurora grinned broadly and popped up from the bed with more energy than she should have; "They thought they had me cornered, but I quickly separated them and while the one was chasing my mirage, I got the other into an open field and-"

"Stop."

Aurora's bright smile faded slightly and was replaced with confusion at my hard tone. It had slipped out- I didn't mean to be so harsh, but just listening to her defending herself, all alone...

Gods, they could've sliced through her like butter!

Where were you, Thanatos?

Why weren't you there for her?

"I'm sorry..." I straightened up and put a hand on her arm; "I didn't mean to be so callous, it's just..." I rubbed her arm gently with my large hand- it would be so easy to snap her bone.

Had they thought that too?

"Thanatos." Aurora's hand found my cheek with care; "Look at me."

My eyes moved from her delicate skin to her clear, blue eyes. They were beautiful and so full of life. An image of what they would look like open and dead flashed through my mind and I had to stop myself from grinding my teeth.

I shook my head; "Sorry."

She smiled tenderly; "I'm okay. You don't have to worry about me, you know that. I can take care of myself."

"I know, but- they're immortal monsters and you're-"

Aurora titled her head patiently; "I'm going to be a goddess soon."

"Soon, not yet."

We were silent as I tucked her hand in mine and stroked the back with my other. She watched as I sat and stared at her small hands in concern.

"You do not leave this place again, do you understand?"

Aurora nodded.

"I'm serious. The only person who's allowed to take you outside is me."

"Yes, boss." She rolled her eyes, but I didn't find it amusing.

"Aurora."

Her dry smile faded; "Yes, Thanatos, I promise."

Earlier, she had almost said something to me- was it 'love' she'd wanted to say? I'd frozen up- could it even be possible? Could Aurora 'love' me?

Could I 'love' her? No... No, I didn't love.

I couldn't, could I?

But I wanted to- badly.

Gods, what's happening?

I've never believed in love, but Aurora... Fuck, even her name made me tremble.

All I knew was that this wasn't just lust- far from it.

"Hey," Aurora's voice shook me from my thoughts, her eyes drifted down to where our hands were. I suddenly realised that I was squeezing both her hands in mine with so much force that her fingertips were going white from little to no circulation.

I dropped them on my lap; "Sorry, angel..." My voice sounded distant.

"This is the most I've ever heard you apologise." Aurora chuckled and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Relax, Thany..."

"Were you spending time with Persephone?" I laughed as Aurora climbed onto my lap and nuzzled her nose against mine in a playful manner.

"Maybe..."

"Well, I like it more when you call me that than when she does."

"What about pookie?"

I laughed loudly and wrapped my arms around her waist. I fell back onto the bed; "Gods, no!"

Aurora giggled as I pushed her into the mattress and rolled onto her; "Fine! What about..." She bit her lip as she thought, her eyes cast up with thought; "Oh! What about sugar-muffin?"

I groaned; "Could we just forget about that, please?"

"Forget about it? And let all those compliments about my eyebrows and your amazing singing fade away? Never."

I grabbed her hands and growled playfully as I rushed my face towards her neck. Aurora giggled and tried to struggle free, but her strength was no match for mine. I bit onto her collar-bone and mumbled; "Lay still."

Aurora squealed as my teeth found her neck and nibbled onto her soft skin. I felt my body react to hers in an instant- the familiar yearning returning with full-force. All I wanted was her. I wanted it badly...

I moved my foot up her bare legs; savouring the feel of her soft skin against mine. Our lips met with passion and fervour, my tongue sliding into her mouth with impatience. My foot moved down towards hers to lock her in, but as I lowered it to her ankle, Aurora yelped into my mouth; "OWH!"

I immediately pulled back, at first thinking that I'd accidently bit her tongue, but she quickly lifted her foot up to examine it closely.

"Oh, shit! I'm so sorry, angel, I completely forgot about your ankle!"

"It's alright, it's just scratched, not broken." I'd disinfected it and bandaged it up after her shower, but it was still tender- the gashes were big.

The image of her dead eyes flashed across my mind again.

"Let me see-"

"Thanatos." Aurora let go of her foot and pressed her palms against my chest; her eyes serious; "I am perfectly fine; you need to calm down."

I sighed; "I'm fine."

"No, you're not."

I clenched my jaw; "You could've died..."

Aurora's eyes filled with pain, but it wasn't for her own sake- she was watching me with concern. I couldn't understand why...

She was the one who had a traumatic day; well, I did as well, but her life was in danger!

Even as we sat here, on the bed, she was still in danger.

"Sweetheart," My body trembled at her use of a genuine pet name for me. I felt my insides churn. "Please, let's just forget about it for tonight. I just want to be with you right now, and not have to think about anything."

I nodded slowly and she smiled; "Thank you..."

"Can I just ask; how did you manage to make your own portal under so much stress? You've been trying for weeks and now all of a sudden it worked?"

"I suppose my magic works better under pressure; like me."

"You said you managed to make a mirage of yourself too; that's amazing, Aurora. Lady Claudia didn't even teach you how yet... You're learning fast."

She smiled proudly and I felt my heart swell; "I guess I am. Guess what?"

I smiled down at her as she leaned back; "What?"

"My aura is blue, with white and silver stars- almost like yours."

I grinned and leaned down next to her; my face by hers- "It must be beautiful... I can faintly see it, now that you mention it."

She giggled; "What does it look like?"

I leaned into her; her hot breath fanning my face and the luscious scent of vanilla and woman filling my senses- driving me wild; "Heaven."

Her mouth found mine with just as much eagerness.

I pulled her down until her head rested on the pillow; Aurora tugged me closer with her hands behind my back. I pressed myself onto her and ravished her mouth and neck as she writhed in pleasure underneath me. She moaned out my name and I felt all the worry and self-loathing rush away like a tide to shore.

With the wave of my hand, the fire in the hearth went out and left the room in a beautiful, dark silence.

I carefully let my hands roam down her body; savouring every inch of skin. I reached the hem of her silky nightdress and pulled the rich, white material from over her head. Aurora panted as she tucked her hands into my briefs and pulled them down slowly; freeing me from the tight cage. I pressed myself against her heat and tugged at her black underwear, but Aurora was far ahead of me as she pulled it down and over her feet.

I panted loudly as she lowered me onto the bed and climbed on top, sitting down on my upper legs. I watched in wonder as she smiled down at me with a glimmer of mischief in her eyes.

I could only imagine how tired she was, but I couldn't bring myself to stop her as she bent down and I felt the heat from her mouth swirl around the tip of my need. I groaned; "Aurora..."

"Hmm...?" She nimbly grazed her lips over the length, teasing me.

I nearly came undone just there- the sensation too much to bear.

"You don't have to d-do this now..." After everything she's been through- I wanted to please her, but Aurora seemed determined, and that always made me hornier than anything else.

"Don't you want this?"

"Of course I do..." I spoke like I'd just run a marathon- my knees shook.

"Then enjoy..."

I moaned louder than ever before as her mouth closed around my hardness.

My body locked down.

If someone knocks at that door right now, I swear I will pick out their eyes with a spoon and enjoy it...

Even my death threats sounded ridiculous in my own head as she moved her mouth. There were no words to describe the building sensation of a roaring fire in my body. I could barely contain my grunting. My fists clenched onto the sheets, but I couldn't hold them- my body broke free from my restrain as her tongue darted out and all hope was lost.

I ripped my hand out and held the back of her head down. Aurora mumbled something and laughed, but my eyes were focused on the ceiling; savouring the feeling of absolute ecstasy. I couldn't be bothered if Hades just walked in and told me that he was planning on burning down my palace...

There was nothing in this moment other than complete and utter euphoria.

"Aurora..." I moaned and she responded with a faster rhythm.

Back and forth- my mind ran circles; I couldn't move my surging limbs as I let her have her way with me.

Back and forth- the fire in me shot up to my head and I felt it push down onto my shoulders in lunacy; ripping into me with strong strides of pleasure. My breath was knocked straight out of me as Aurora pushed down further until-

Until I burst.

I burst with a cry of pure fulfillment...

Her name- her name and her tormenting face; I broke apart at the seams at the mere thought.

Aurora's hands stroked down my contracted chest as I came undone in a fit of satisfaction; my palms clasped onto the mattress, my eyes closed and my head titled up- releasing all my pent up frustration.

My soul hummed.

Aurora's mouth left my trigger; the cold of the air clasping around me with shock. She quickly made her way to the bathroom to clean herself. I lay still- my eyes closed and my breathing inaudible. I felt my hand move up to my forehead and through my hair- numb, completely numb.

I couldn't remember how to speak...

Before I could register, her hand was on my face, stroking it with care. I could tell she was smiling as she spoke; "I gather I wasn't too bad then?"

The dry laugh escaped my mouth. I kept my eyes closed, because frankly, I couldn't will them to open; "Hmm..."

"A satisfied moan? That's all I get? Wow," Aurora snickered; "I'll take that as a compliment..."

I didn't have the energy to respond- and I wanted to keep this blissful feeling for as long as I could, so I turned onto my side and grabbed her close. Aurora didn't resist, I had the feeling she knew I was all out of vigour for the long day and from her satisfied sigh, I could tell so was she.

I neared my mouth to her ear and felt the goosebumps travel up her arms as I spoke; "Would you like me to make you speechless too?"

She giggled; I could feel the heat from her cheeks against my own; "I think we're both a bit too tired for that..."

"Tomorrow morning then." I mumbled; I didn't bother to argue- I was inconceivably exhausted; the feeling of her plump lips still against my burning need fueling me on into a dazed sleep.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." She spoke up shyly. I felt my insides twist- or what's left of them at least. I felt hollowed out.

I ran my fingers down her arm and through her hair. I pulled her tightly against my chest and pressed a deep, smouldering kiss onto her hot lips; "Goodnight, my queen... Sleep well, and know that you're safe."

She snuggled into my chest and tucked her hands under her chin as I wrapped my legs around hers and my arms around her back. I pecked her crown with kind tenderness.

I didn't bother hiding my obsessive smile...

I may have been the god here, but I wanted to worship her.

NEXT UPDATE- 13th of June

We're more than halfway through this book...

No worries. Book 3 is three-quarters done ;3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 292 27
Isekai Madness Series: Book 1 [SLOW UPDATES] [A HxH Fanfiction] [Hisoka x Op Oc x Illumi] ~ In which a girl was delt a shity hand at life, dies, then...
267K 14.7K 33
BOOK 4 'Tricks and Thorns, A Desert Storm...' A Sequel to the successful #DAWNseries Book 4 in the saga. Follow our favourite couple, the goddess of...
Hades By caitlin

Teen Fiction

3.9M 145K 32
Evie Autumn, like almost every other nineteen year old was just your average, unassuming, everyday girl. She attended university, she had that one qu...
3.1K 486 23
Unedited/Completed [Ikemen Villain x Twisted Wonderland] / Dark Romance & Angst --- Recently graduating from Night Raven College, Mary is determined...