The Resistance

By -ShellyF

Jahmir Phillips and Kaelynn Smith met once Jahmir moved to Atlanta with his grandparents. Her weight always s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 (reupload)

Chapter 35

2.9K 202 31
By -ShellyF

{Kaelynn}

Jay:

Please tell me you're at home right now

I looked at the clock to see that it was nearing midnight. I was still out looking for my sister. My mom and dad both have texted me to go home. I want to prove to Mikayla that I can be a good sister though.

Jay:

Head home now. I'm about to take bighead to get something to eat then I'll drop her off at your house.

I didn't even text him back, but somehow he still knew that I was out. He knows me well I guess.

Me:

So you found her?? Where???

Jay:

👀👀 can't say 👀👀 I asked her to meet me and she did. But yes, yes I did.

Me:

❤❤❤❤❤THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤❤❤❤❤❤ I love you so much!

Jay:

Duh Faye 😂😂 Duhh. Luh you too or whateva.

I laughed at that. What guy says duh like that?

Now at ease, I was able to go home. Mom was laying on the sofa when I came in. I locked the door then went over to her.

"Hey baby." She lightly frowned as she sat up. "No luck, huh?"

"Well I didn't have any luck, but J-"

A knock on the door cut me off. I went over and opened it. It was so heart warming to see how happy mom got when Mikayla and Jahmir walked through the door. That excitement was short lived though. Both of us could clearly see there was some tension between the two. They looked mad at eachother, and Mikayla had clearly been crying. Something isn't right with this picture.

"Come here baby girl."

Mom got up and held her arms out for Kayla. Kayla burst out in tears as mom's arms wrapped around her. I don't recall ever seeing her this vulnerable.

"What's wrong with her?" I mouthed the words to Jahmir.

He started twirling a strand of his hair around his finger as he chewed his bottom lip. Now, I'm not too good at reading him, but I've known him long enough to know what this means. Either he is just extremely nervous, or he is getting ready to lie. It could mean a combination of both though.

"I'm waiting." I said out loud as I folded my arms across my chest. I didn't actually mean to.

"Waiting for what?" Mom questioned.

"Waiting for me to go. Catch you later Ms. Marsha."

He was about to leave, but I stopped him by standing in front of the door. He was acting far too weird. His texts made it seem like everything was okay.

"Kayla, honey, where were you?! You had everyone worried sick."

She wiped her tears, but she remained silent. The way she was curled up on mom's chest let me know that she had done something really bad. She looks so devastated.

My guess is that she got caught stealing again. Her and those no good girls she calls friends got caught stealing out the mall last year. Crazy thing is, they blamed it all on Mikayla. She tried to convince everyone that they were lying, but it was four against one. Maybe that's not the case here though.  Unless she actually didn't get caught and now she feels guilty about it.

"Jahmir where did you find her? Where has my baby been?"

It was almost as if they had a telepathic conversation with each. Both of them were staring at each other with pleading eyes.

"Is there something going on between the two of you?" Mom started getting defensive. "Jahmir this child is two years younger than you and she is a minor at that! I cou-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Jahmir broke their silence. "There's no way I would ever pursue your daughter. Not that one anyway." That second sentence was so low I couldn't hear him.

"Then what's going on?"

"I would much rather Kayla tell you. I should go home though."

"Sorry for the accusation, Jay." Mom frowned.

"Oh don't worry about it. Nothing wrong with being a concerned parent. Good night y'all."

He left so damn quick. I was going to follow him, but when I looked out the door, he was already at his door. Dude should have been on the track team or something.

I shut the door, listening to mom and Kayla's conversation. She kept trying to get Kayla to confess to where she was, but Kayla begged her to leave it alone.

"We all have to be up in about six hours. Maybe we should all get some sleep and talk about this at a later time?" I suggested.

Mom finally gave it a rest.

"Fine. Good night girls. Try and get some rest."

Kayla silently thanked me before going up to her room. Now I'm really curious about what's going on.

{Jahmir}

Monday morning. Ugh, I hated to get out of bed, but obviously I had to.

I sat on my bed, putting my shoes on when I heard a knock. I looked up to see pops standing there. He had on his work attire, which surprised me. Lately he had been spending so much time with Ellen. I just assumed he wouldn't be going to work. Let Janine tell it, they were about to get married. Guess she was wrong.

"Can we talk?"

I got up and walked past him. I got all the way into the foyer before he stopped me.

"Don't be like that."

"Be like what!" I folded my arms across my chest as I glared at him. "Oh please excuse me for not being extra excited to talk to a man who switched up on me. Surprised you even talking to me right now. Where Ellen at?!"

Much to my surprise, he raised his hand to me again. Oh I really didn't expect to be hit again. Not from him of all people.

I smirked as I rubbed my face.

"Son I'm sorry! I shouldn't have did that."

I chuckled as I turned and went out the door.

"Jahmir wait! Ellen and I aren't getting married."

I looked at him. Question is, why should I fucking care?

"I think you may have been right. I mentioned a prenup and she went crazy. She swore up and down that you put me up to it. That was my own decision though. I'm all for spending my money, but it's going to be at my own will. I'm not going to let someone dictate how much of my hard earned money that they get. It's mine. Well, ours son."

He held his hands out to me, and to fuck him up, I started flinching up and pretending to panic.

"Son." He appeared to be on the verge of tears. "I'm so sorry. I should have never done that to you. I'm not going to hit you anymore."

"I'm supposed to believe that from somebody that literally just hit me?"

"What do I have to do to prove that I'm sorry?"

This one question will determine how I handle this whole situation.

"Are you done with Ellen?"

"Not completely. We have decided to slow things down. Marriage isn't in the plans any time soon."

I should have known he wasn't going to let her go. That would make too much sense. I'm over it. I'm over him. I'm tired of being so emotional. Fuck this shit.

"Will you forgive me?"

I let that question go unanswered as I left him standing there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 27.5K 33
What happens when you grow up wearing clothes that are too small or way too big, or wear hand me down clothes passed on from family, get teased by yo...
584 60 36
After wishfully giving out her number at a meet-and-greet, a mediocre photography student struggles to balance her life with her favorite rockstar's...
26.3K 993 27
I am Sam, a 17-year-old in my junior year, weighing 200 pounds. I am fat; calling me fat is an understatement. I am obese. If you call getting a stra...
106K 4.5K 24
Briana had people telling her, her entire life she's a waste, she's ugly. She went through life, staying in the shadows, trying to avoid people. The...