Mr. King

By wasp2000

Hi I'm Riley Rose Clark I'm 25 years old. I'm a single mother, I try to give my son Malik everything he wants... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 1

174 3 1
By wasp2000

"Malik honey get up you need to get dressed."

"Why mommy?"

"Because I have to go to work."

"Mommy I want to sleep." Being a young single mom has been hard. Especially days like this.

"I know buddy but I have to work. You will have a fun day with Anna till I get home." Anna is Malik's nanny.

"Okay mommy!" I get Malik dressed for the day and make us pancakes and Anna comes and I leave for work. I drive to go get coffee for my boss and I, head to work. I go to Mr. King's office and give him his coffee as he walks in the door and tell him all the meetings he has today and messages people have left for him.

"Thank you Miss. Clark."

"No problem Mr. King it's my job."

"Miss. Clark I need you to tell all the staff to be in the conference room in ten minutes."

"Okay Mr. King." I work for Alex King a Multi billionaire he owns the biggest and most successful Hotels around the world I am his assistant. Mr. King is an amazing boss. He's super kind and understanding with me and when Anna can't watch Malik he lets me bring Malik to work with me.

"Miss. Clark please call me Alex you have worked for me for almost five years now."

"Okay Alex I will tell everyone to be in the conference room in ten minutes." I walk out of the office and tell everyone to come to the conference room in ten minutes. After I tell everyone I head to the conference room and set up.

"Ah Riley you are right on time."

"Yes and I notified everyone and they are on their way."

"Sounds good." Everyone is now in the conference room. "Please everyone I have a announcement to make."

"What's going on?"

"I am retiring and my son Ryan King is taking over my company for me." His son walks into the room and I'm about to pass out. Oh god it can't be! It's him the guy that got me pregnant it's Malik's dad!

"Miss. Clark I will need you to show Ryan the ropes around here." I feel like my heart is about to jump out of my chest.

"Okay Mr. King."

"Okay everyone get back to work." Everyone leaves.

"Mr. King I wish I knew you were retiring earlier I would have gotten you something."

"Riley it's alright I just want you to make sure Ryan stays on track and knows how everything works around here."

"Yes I will make sure that happens."

"Good while I'm off. Ryan mom and I are taking a trip to London so Ryan if you need anything don't call me call Miss. Clark please."

"Okay dad go I got this." Mr. King leaves. I show the new Mr. King where his office is and where everything is. "I swear you look familiar." Ryan's still hot.

"I don't know where you would have seen me before."

"Like in college I feel like I met you in college. What college did you go to?"

"I went to NYU where did you go?"

"I went to Columbia University. I swear I met you in college." Oh dear god please I don't want to tell you today that I had your son at least not yet.

"I doubt it."

"I went to many NYU parties I bet we met at one." I wish I could tell him to shut up and stop pushing but he's my boss so I can't.

"I doubt it."

"Come on the best NYU party I went it was the New Years party." Shit that's the party where you got me pregnant.

"Yeah that was a pretty good party."

"I don't remember most of it I was mostly in a bedroom with the most amazing woman ever."

"Cool then we probably didn't meet at that party."

"Maybe." Ryan looks me in the eyes. God Malik looks a lot like his father except the eyes, skin color, hair he's gets from me.

"Okay yeah we met at the party I know all about the chick you were in bed with that night." God why did I say something?!

"Wait you know the chick like you could give me her number?"

"Yeah she works here."

"Really give me her name."

"It's Riley Clark." Ryan thinks for a moment then looks me dead in the eyes. God I'm an idiot!

"That's funny but really who was the chick?"

"I'm telling the truth."

"Okay then what were you wearing that night?"

"I was in a little black dress, black heels, I curled my hair that night, I had on a red bra and matching thong, a dark smoky eye, and a black leather purse I just got for Christmas. You were wearing a blue polo shirt, blue jeans, red boxers, a pair of black Nikes, your hair was spiked. I remember almost every detail of that night."

"Damn it was you and why do you remember that night like it was yesterday?"

"I have a four year old son because of that night."

"Wait your saying I got you pregnant?!" Now he's mad I just shouldn't have said anything. I doubt he will even want to be a part of his son's life.

"Yes that's what I'm saying Ryan."

"Your joking right?" I should have known he wouldn't take me seriously.

"Yeah I'm joking about a child. No are you fucking crazy?! I wouldn't joke about something like this!"

"Are you like positive he's mine?"

"Yeah."

"Wait if he was really mine why didn't you tell me before?"

"How was I supposed to tell you?! I had no fucking clue who you were or what your name was! I only remembered your face."

"So what's his name?"

"Malik Tyrell Clark."

"Okay so after work I will come over and meet Malik. I do want DNA testing done though so I know he is really truly mine."

"Yeah I understand why you want to do DNA testing."

"Really?"

"Yeah your a multi billionaire and one of the most eligible bachelors around."

"I don't care how much money I have or that I'm one of the most eligible bachelors around. I'm getting a DNA test because I want to know he's really mine because I don't want to raise a kid thinking he's mine and he's not. I would feel like I'm replacing his real father."

"Okay." We get to work and after my shift I head home. I clean Malik up, clean up my condo, I make dinner, and I get myself cleaned up all by the time Ryan gets here. I hear knocking on the door and go answer it and let Ryan in.

"Malik honey come here please." Malik comes running into the room and right as he sees Ryan he hides behind my legs. "Malik baby it's okay. I want you to meet Ryan he's a friend of mine." I get Malik off my legs and go check on the food.

"Hi Malik I'm a friend of your mommy's. My name is Ryan." Malik starts screaming and crying. Malik runs over to me and hides behind me again. I pick up Malik and hold him in my arms.

"Malik it's okay he's not going to hurt you." Malik just keeps crying so I go put him to sleep.

"I wasn't expecting that."

"I know I'm sorry it's just Malik doesn't like men the only men he likes are his uncles and cousins."

"Why?"

"A ex of mine he would beat me it got really bad. I tried leaving and that made everything worse. It was one night he was angry and very drunk Malik wasn't feeling good so he was crying and my ex Kane told me to make Malik be quiet I tried but he wouldn't stop crying so Kane grabbed Malik from me and smacked him and filled the sink with water and tried drowning him. I freaked out on Kane I grabbed Malik and called the police. He's been locked up for almost two years now. And because of everything Kane did to me and Malik, so Malik doesn't like men or trust them."

"I'm fucking pissed how can someone do that to a child?!"

"So right now I'm in the same boat as Malik when it comes to men."

"I'm so sorry Riley if I was here for you guys in the beginning non of this would have happened." I hug Ryan.

"It's not your fault."

"But it is I should have given you my name and number that night because I have already missed so much of our son's life."

"Wait you just said our son."

"Yeah I said our son he looks so much like me. If I showed you a picture of me at his age it would look like a twin."

"So you are going to be a dad to Malik?"

"Yes I have missed too much already I don't want to miss anymore." I throw my arms around Ryan.

"Good I'm so happy Malik needs his father. Now I don't have to change the subject when he asks about his father."

"Riley shut up and let me kiss you." I stay quiet and Ryan kisses me. I pull away from Ryan.

"Ryan what are we doing?"

"I want to be in yours and Malik's life. I want us to be a family."

"Is this your way of asking me out?"

"Yes. Riley will you be my girlfriend?"

"No."

"No?!"

"I don't want to say yes yet I want to make sure you are going to stay and not leave when things get hard."

"I'm not going to leave Riley." Malik walks into the room.

"Mommy!"

"Hey buddy."

"I watch cars please."

"Yes you can watch cars." I get up and put cars in for Malik. "If you need me mommy will be in the kitchen." Ryan and I walk to the kitchen. "The food is ready if you want to eat."

"Yeah that would be nice." I go out to the living room and pause the movie.

"We are going to eat buddy." Malik sits down and I get his food for him. "Ryan go get your food." Ryan grabs his food.

"You should eat too."

"I'm good I had a smoothie earlier."

"Well your missing out."

"Yeah. So when should we tell Malik who you really are?"

"It's your decision Riley your his mom."

"Malik I have to tell you something after dinner."

"Okay." Ryan and Malik finish eating and I put the plates in the sink. We go sit down in the living room.

"Malik buddy this is your dad."

"A daddy like my friends?!"

"Yeah buddy a daddy like your friends have." Malik hugs Ryan. Awww that's so cute.

"Daddy tuck me in?"

"Yeah I will tuck you in buddy." Ryan brings Malik to bed. Ryan comes back out.

"Ask me again."

"Riley will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" Ryan and I kiss and bring it to my bedroom. I fall asleep in Ryan's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711K 6.3K 7
Second Chance Romance Love-at-first sight--faster-paced love affair Single father Surprise baby HEA standalone Five years ago, my life changed wh...
599 150 46
I just graduated high school and instead of celebrating it with my friends. I choose to go on a bus for an hour's ride to my sister's to celebrate my...
8.5M 249K 68
Valentina Matrix sold her virginity to the highest bidder. "She's twenty four and she's never been touched" the announcer yelled to the crowd out men...
9.6M 458K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...