everyday | bellarke

By bellakru

bellamy thinks clarke is dead. he writes her letters everyday to try to find closure. clarke is very much ali... More

one | maybe i can do that
three | i want her to be alive
four | we never told each other
five | they were worth it
six | we can make it
seven | i'm always thinking about her
eight | i'm so close
nine | it's the only thing keeping me alive
ten | i love you

two | there's a story

3.7K 174 22
By bellakru

CLARKE:

I drag the disk off of the rover and sit down on the edge of the hill. It's radiation-soaked, barren, dark. The Earth is crumbling. At least it isn't on fire anymore.

After taking my hair out of its braid, I put the walkie-talkie to my mouth and start to speak.

"Bellamy, I don't know if you can hear me, but I have a lot to tell you."

I don't say anything for a second. I guess I hoped I would hear a response, even though the communication had been fried since the day they took off. My heart drops to my stomach when I realize no one is going to answer, but I continue anway.

"You're probably wondering how I'm still alive. Well, there's a story." I pause. "A story I wish I could tell you in person. When the death wave hit, I thought I would die. I made my peace with it, as long as you and the others were okay. But I made it back to Becca's lab slightly alive. I collasped a few times, but managed to get all doors shut. Radiation still seeped in, of course, but much slower, and it gave me a chance to recover. The Nightblood worked, Bellamy. It worked. When I started to get better, I made a plan to try and let you know that I'm still down here. I found some communication devices that I don't really know how to use and I'm trying them out now. Can you hear me?" I wait. "I guess not. I'm not going to give up, okay? I'll figure this out. It's been fifty two days since Praimfaya, since I last saw you, since I last heard your voice... How are the others? Alive, I hope. I know you kept them alive."

I take a deep breath. I didn't think about how hard this was going to be, coping with not hearing his voice on the other end of the line. I had been so focused on getting it done, and I had built up hope that he would hear me, and we could talk again.

Not talking to anyone for almost two months has been... devastating. I had always believed in this notion that I could go it alone, like I did after Mount Weather. But then I wasn't the only human on Earth. Turns out it's a completely different when you choose independence than when solitude is forced upon you.

It's not just anyone's company that I want, either. I want to talk to Bellamy. I want to wrap my arms around him, nuzzle my head in his shoulder. I need his help to make this all okay.

"I miss you," I admit quietly to the walkie. "May we meet again."

I pack up the equipment as a tear rolls down my face. I've only been alone two months. I have a little less than five years to go. How am I going to keep it together that long?

I decide I'm going to call the Ark everyday. I need someone to talk to. Even though he won't be able to hear me, talking to Bellamy will help. It'll pass the time until I can speak to him in person. I won't lose hope that I will see him again. I will. I know it.

I hope you like the story so far... vote and let me know if you do!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 2.7K 40
Dramione oneshots, just like the title says. Completed for now, but if there are any requests I'll come back. Disclaimer: Most of the characters and...
1.6K 59 9
Childhood au where Maya can't catch a break and Lucas just wants the world for his best friend. Trigger warnings: mentions of suicide/death, suicida...
664K 33.4K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
172K 3.2K 24
Post-Mockingjay / Pre-epilogue story asking the ultimate question. Can two broken people fix each other? COMPLETE Author Twitter: @hungergames_4ev