Becoming Us || l.h

By atreacherouslove

Dylan Ryan has struggled with her mental health for years, her parents too caught up with her older brothers... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Next book info

Chapter 3

139 4 0
By atreacherouslove

I find my brother heading off the stage, talking with his band. "Hey, Dylan." He says, noticing me. "Hey, I have a question for you," I say. He walks over, nodding. "Do I get to see any of the shows or am I backstage the entire time?" "Each show it's up to you. What would you like to do?" "I'll see tonight's show." I nod with a smile. "Okay, I'll get you a ticket and make sure you have a backstage pass before going out so you can get back here after the show." I nod, heading off.

I pass 5 Seconds of Summer, giving them a smile as I wander back, looking around. I make my way out into the chairs, weaving through them as I listen to the guy's practice. I take a seat, watching them. They look like they have a real stage presence, something that not everyone seems to have down. I like it.

I jump when I hear a squeal, a guitar making a bad noise as the music stops. "Oh-Em-gee! Dylan! It's been totes forevs since I last saw you! How are you!" My brothers' girlfriend, Rachel, says, attempting to run over to me in heels. Oh dear lord, save me! Luke and Calum were watching the whole ordeal, Ashton unable to see and Michael was on his phone, texting someone.

"Hi, Rachel," I say tightly, plastering on a smile. Blake comes out on stage, looking around in a confused manner. I quickly walk over, tugging his jeans. He looks down at me, and I motion to bend down, glaring at him. He bends down, giving me a small smile. "Is she touring with us?" I demand in a quiet hiss, staring daggers at my brother.

"Just for a little bit. It's publicity shit. You'll live." My eyes widen as I glance back at Rachel who gives me a smile. "Hell no," I reply, turning back to Blake. "Either I live on 5 Seconds of Summer's bus or your bands' bus, or I will walk to Los Angeles!" I declare, staring up at my brother. "I'll talk to mom." He sighs, standing back up.

"Hey, babe." He says, Rachel walking over. "I'll see you later, I need to run something by my mom." She nods, still smiling. He walks off, and she turns to me, her smile turning into something of a grin. "We are going to have so much fun bonding on this tour! Think of all the girl nights and the gossiping and doing hair and makeup and nails! It's going to be so much fun!" She squeals, clapping her hands.

"So much fun," I reply half-heartedly. "I'm going to go move my things onto the bus, but I will see you later!" She says, bopping me on the nose. She scampers, literally scampers, off, not in the direction of the buses, but I'm not going to stop her. "I will see you later!" I mock her, bopping air. I let out a huff, Luke bending down in front of me. "I can feel the love." He says. I scowl up at him, shaking my head. "She will be dead by tonight if I don't get off my bus," I assure him, grimacing. "I don't doubt that one bit. Why don't you move onto our bus or something?" "Blake's talking to my mom about it." I shrug, sighing.

"Get back to practice though, it was fun to watch," I tell him, looking at him straighten up. They go back to practicing, messing around a little. They finish, sound and roadies helping them with everything. "Hungry?" Michael calls, looking down at me. "Sure." I nod, standing up. I jump up onto the stage, following them back to the dressing room. "Chinese okay with you?" Calum asks, grabbing a takeout menu. "Yup." He hands it over, and I choose orange chicken with fried rice.

Ashton calls for the order, all of us waiting. I tap my fingers on the counter I'm leaning my arm on, no one saying anything. "So..." I try, looking around. Michael puts his hand on top of mine, making me stop. "Sorry," I say sheepishly, giving him a sheepish smile. I put my hands in my lap, Michael walking over to the couch.

"What place are you most excited about?" I ask, looking at the guys. "I don't know, I'm really just excited to be able to tour," Luke says. The guys nod in agreement. "Dylan," Calum says, making me look at him. "Huh?" "You're bouncing your foot on the rod, it's getting annoying." He says. "Oh. Sorry." I repeat. "What about you? Any places you're excited to see?" "Any place outside of the US, I've never been." I smile. "Any place in particular?" "Europe. I've always wanted to go there." "What about Australia?" "It'd be cool to vacation there, touring, not so much." I shake my head.

"Dylan." Luke sings, giving me a small grin. I look at him, confused. "Your swinging legs are squeaking the chair." "Sorry!" I repeat, again. "Do you have ADHD or something?" Ashton asks. I nod. "Yeah, that's why I'm not exactly in love with the tour life. It's a lot of staying on one small bus, so there isn't much to do. I also have claustrophobia, so I can't be on the bus for long periods of time if I don't take my medication." They nod, watching me.

"But I've gotten better about all of it. My brothers have been helping with it back in New York." I say, watching Ashton begin to smirk. "Dylan." He says. "What am I doing now?" I ask, turning to him. "You're pacing." I look down, noticing I'm not in my chair. I give him a thumbs-up, going back to the stool. "When I'm hungry I get really restless," I explain. "Well, the foods almost here so you're in luck," Michael tells me with a smile.

"Does ADHD run in the family?" Calum asks, looking at me. "My dad has a little bit of it, but not as bad as me." I shake my head. "Blake used to have ADD, but he grew out of it." They nod, watching me. The door opens, and I jump up, frowning when my mom walks in.

"Makeup will be here in an hour, make sure you're ready for them." She says. "Dylan, Blake did talk to me, but your father and I are still discussing things." I nod, watching her leave.

"Always so business-like. My mom doesn't have a motherly bone in her body!" I huff, slumping back into my seat. A knock sounds at the door, and I sit back up, staring at it as Michael answers it. "Foods here," Aaron says, making me grin. "Busboy!" I smile, jumping up. "One job and you're branded for life." He mutters. "Hi, Dylan." "How are you not sick of my brother yet?" I ask, taking my food from him. "We actually don't spend that much time together, I only tour with him, that's about it." "So the drummer on the album is a different person than you?" I ask with a frown. "Most of the time, yeah." He nods. "Fake. My brother is a phony." I declare, opening my food. "Enjoy your Chinese! I may have stolen a bite!" He calls as he leaves. I scowl in his direction, closing the door.

We eat in silence, the boys finishing a lot sooner than me. "You're so slow." Michael laughs, watching me. "Shhh," I tell him, holding up a finger. "It's just the way I eat. Don't make fun." He rolls his eyes, taking a seat.

Soon, a stylist comes in and does hair and makeup, not speaking. I just watch him, the guys quietly talking between each other. The stylist leaves, Luke walking over to grab his water. "Does your stylist ever talk?" I ask. "He's Italian, so he doesn't speak much English." He explains. "He is learning, and he will throw out words and phrases every so often, but he's typically quiet." I nod, finishing my water bottle.

Ashton comes out of the bathroom, already changed and ready for the show. Luke goes over to the clothes rack, trying to decide. "Guys, what shirt?" He asks, holding up an All Time Low shirt and a Sleeping With Siren's shirt. "All Time Low." I blurt out, Luke nodding. He puts the Sleeping With Siren's shirt back, changing shirts.

Blake peeks in, looking around. "Dylan, I have your ticket and pass." I stand up and grab them, giving him a smile. "You should head out there soon, get there before the crowds come in." I nod, putting the pass around my neck. "Break a leg!" I call as he walks off, shaking his head.

I look down at the ticket, a smile growing on my face. "What's got you so smiley?" Michael asks, looking over my shoulder. "Ooh, front row ticket, those are fun!" He grins. I nod, grabbing my phone. "I'm heading out there, good luck guys, and look for me." I smile, leaving the room. With the help of a security guard, I find my seat, sitting. The arena slowly fills, getting louder and louder.

The lights suddenly dim and the crowd screams in unison, everyone standing. I could live at concerts, I love them so much! 5 Seconds of Summer starts with Heartbreak Girl, looking like they are enjoying themselves. With each song, Luke sounds more confident like he's getting his grip on performing. Next, they sing Gotta Get Out, Luke messing around with Calum and Michael now. When Beside You starts, the entire arena sings along, Luke grinning. During Try Hard, Luke found me, sticking his tongue out at me. He jokingly sang to me, Calum joining in.

The girls scream next to me, making Luke and Calum laugh. They finish with two covers, I Miss You and Teenage Dirtbag, half the crowd singing along, myself included.

They run off, and the lights go on, people going to the bathroom, concession stands, and stores, and I head to the concessions. I buy cotton candy then head back to my seat, ready for my brothers' performance.

The lights dim and he runs onstage, beginning with A Million Lives. I sing along kind of hating myself for knowing every word. I listen to the way the crowd echoes the song back, loving that sound. When my brother sings Puppet, he shoots me a smile. After he pauses. "I wrote that song with an extraordinary person, and she's here tonight. My little sister Dylan helped me write the song when she was fourteen years old, and to this day it's one of my favorite songs to perform. Thank you, Dylan." He says, looking down at me. I nod, giving him a smile.

He continues to perform, finishing with Heaven. When the lights come back on, the girls next to me are crying. "Luke and Calum were totally singing to me! And Blake was so amazing! I don't want this night to end!" One cries, and I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

I head backstage, finding my brother first. "Thank you for the shout out." I laugh. "Of course. What I said was true, by the way." I smile, looking down. "I need to go get ready for meet n greets, I'll see you later." I nod, heading down the hall.

Luke is in the doorway of their dressing room, looking around. "Hey! Great job!" I tell him. "Thank you." He smiles. "What's up?" "Meet n greet. I have to stand here, so they know what room to go into." "Ah." I nod, going in. "Am I allowed to be in here?" I ask. "I don't see why not." Ashton shrugs.

I watch the fans go in and out of the dressing room, taking pictures with the boys and getting things signed, a few girls crying. The girls I had been next to started crying really hard, Luke shooting me a grin. When they finally finish, we head out to the buses, my suitcases outside their bus with a note. "BEHAVE!" Is on it in big block letters, making me shake my head. "I'm an angel, what is she talking about." I joke, Michael laughing.

We get on the bus after putting my things below, relaxing on the couch. "Okay, those girls next to you almost made me mess up," Calum says, beginning to laugh. "They were insane! And they knew none of my brothers' songs, so I think they had only come for you." I grin. "It's so cool finding fans like them though." Michael chips in, looking around us. "Just picture when you're on your own tours. That's going to be awesome." I grin. They all nod, leaning back on the couches.

"No, but after the show, the girl closest to me was like, oh my god! Luke and Calum were totally singing to me!" I mock. "And Blake was so amazing! I don't want this night to end!" I laugh. "But truth be told, we are all her at the end of a concert, no one ever wants that night to end. You're seeing someone in person, and it's the coolest thing ever. I never wanted those nights to end." "That's what I love about performing, you get to keep doing that night after night. Yeah, the time zones are a bitch, and it's a lot of late nights and early mornings, but in the end, seeing all the smiles and fans, it's so worth it!" Ashton says, giving me a smile. I nod in thought.

"I'm getting more excited about this tour, I know that much." They all grin, looking at me. "But right now it's time for sleep. Jumping and singing are actually a lot more tiring than it looks." I laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419 27 32
Dylan's on one side of the world and Luke's on the other. Will it work out? Book three of the Us series * starred chapters mean it's been edited *
583 15 47
This is the continuation from the last book. Some more drama is going to happen when the boys come back from the tour, Megan gets a new boyfriend and...
2.2K 24 35
A 18 year old girl is asked to tour with One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer. Little does she know that this will change her life forever. What hap...
16.5K 564 21
Hannah Grace Smith is 16 years old and at a party that her friend, Charlotte Gander, took her to. She meets the host of the party, Luke Hemmings, fro...